• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Just finished 6*'ing Gamora, now I need a new target for all the damn speed bios I get from the daily free box. Who's the best speed to T2? If there's not really a good one, I guess I'll just start farming Silk bios since I only have her at like 2*.

Silk, Ant-Man and Black Widow are all good options

I just try to get at least stage 5 done on shadowland for the nice 60 bios, gonna take some more time until my other 6* heroes are ready to take me to stage 10.

So there's a 21 day long uniform sale going on for anyone missing out on must haves.

If things happen like they have in the past, the next update for the game won't be till Oct. 24th. That's a whopping six week gap from when the current one dropped (the longest in the game's history). If so, hopefully said update is a massive one. On the flipside, they may just buck the trend and release the update somewhere in the middle, but I doubt it.

What's odd to me though is what'll happen, if anything, with a Luke Cage Netflix uniform drop. I was thinking they added it with this recent update and would flip the release switch next week (similar to what they did with the CW Ant-Man uniform) with a T2 mini-update, but with the current sale that seems a little weird. *shrug* Just some random rambling.

Edit: Just realized that Dr. Strange releases the week after this next update, so we'll no doubt be getting all content related to the movie and Halloween stuff together. Would explain the long wait.

Edit 2: It's now settling in that we're finally about to get Strange in the game. After a year and a half from when his icon and skills were datamined. The very first time they sold us a Mega rank up ticket I got one just for him and saved it. The HYPE is real!

It is quite stupid that characters that don't have an advantage in Shadowland do absolutely nothing, I'm stuck on stage 7 with nothing left except for some mediocre 6*s, my 2 T2 blast characters and Wasp with none of the stages being for Blast. Why am I not allowed to just go into a fight with a disatvantage instead of having my characters artificially neutered?

If we get a smaller update before the next big one I'm guessing it'll come with some Shadowland tweaks, uniform updates for Luke Cage, Quake, Ghost Rider, and other minor things and maybe more Tier 2s. I don't think the timeline for the uniform sale prohibits there from being something like that coming.

October is definitely interesting, but I guess it's possible they'll roll Halloween+Doctor Strange into one big update. Maybe the Halloween event will be Strange related.

And yeah really excited for Strange. Got mega rank up/mastery and a Tier 2 ticket saved for him.

Man I just bought like 8 uniforms though been waiting forever for this sale

It is quite stupid that characters that don't have an advantage in Shadowland do absolutely nothing, I'm stuck on stage 7 with nothing left except for some mediocre 6*s, my 2 T2 blast characters and Wasp with none of the stages being for Blast. Why am I not allowed to just go into a fight with a disatvantage instead of having my characters artificially neutered?

It's presented weird, but clearly it's restricted to promote having a deep roster. I'm guessing they allow anyone entry strictly for team bonuses, but otherwise play with the mindset that each level restricts you to a class.

It's presented weird, but clearly it's restricted to promote having a deep roster. I'm guessing they allow anyone entry strictly for team bonuses, but otherwise play with the mindset that each level restricts you to a class.

I understand why this is, but when there's 3 stages to choose from and 2 of them are for combat characters that seems a bit off to me, they need to balance how often each class shows up, I didn't like how I didn't get any Blast ones offered in 3 stages.

I'm sounding like a broken record but they need to get rid of the iso searching system, or at the very least get rid of 3-4 iso sets, there's literally no point to them if you can't equip two 4-iso sets at once(which would add another layer of variety) except to suck out all of my gold. It can't be right that I'm seeing 15 3-4 iso sets whenever I spend 200k to find an 8 set, and I don't even find a single 8. This shit is frustrating and not fun or interesting in any way.

God damn it, I screwed up SL this week. I'm stuck with 3 I can't get past as I don't have viable characters left who qualify (double restrictions such as universal villain, suck) and I still have T2 sitting on the bench that are going to go to waste.

I think I can finally work on maxing a WB now (Is Proxima is the best to do so with?). I have all of them unlocked except Thanos and have 1,853 Chaos Norns / 4,632 Rank 1 BAM / 11.5m Gold / tons of extra bios. Is there a total of resources needed to max out a WBs?

I'm like 70 R1BAM away from getting my 6* Proxima complete. Thankfully already rolled Power of Angry Hulk on her and have a great obelisk. And yeah its definitely at least 30m gold just for the rank up and mastery. Gears and skills are another beast.

Some very nice new T2s. Especially Elsa's.

15.png

Elsa is a no brainer. I have too many T2s in my queue now as Thanos 6* takes all of my resources. I need to T2 Silk, Elsa, and Moon Knight after I finish big T.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MFF_Key_aft___NYCC.jpg

▣ Report 1. New Character – Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange will join the fight! We’ve been waiting such a long time to greet him, and he’s FINALLY COMING!

MFF_second_asset___NYCC_v2.jpg

Report 2. More New Characters!

Along with Doctor Strange, there are more characters that are going to be released. We are unsure as to who they all are, and we are still investigating what their connections are, but feast your eyes and hopefully you can help us find out who they are.

Drayco21

With this many new characters it's safe to say we'll get another set of Special missions.

Drayco you happy? The drought is over.

I don't want to jinx this, but I couldn't be happier with this pitch. Hopefully these last three updates are a sign for where the content drops are going moving forward, because it finally feels like we're getting back to that amazing Guardians/Ant-Man/Agents of SHIELD era.

The Kree

Banned
Tier 2 options: Elsa, Ronan, Iron Man.

I already have a speed and blast character at tier 2, so I'm thinking it would be best to diversify with a universal and go with Ronan.

Any thoughts?

OK, fuck Black Dwarf. I've never beaten the bastard. Not even my T2 Elsa/T2 Silk/T2 Sharon can beat him.

I need advice. Best teams against him? Best strikers? Best tactics?

OK, fuck Black Dwarf. I've never beaten the bastard. Not even my T2 Elsa/T2 Silk/T2 Sharon can beat him.

I need advice. Best teams against him? Best strikers? Best tactics?

How can I avoid his spin and his

It is extremely hard to beat him with physical damage so you're not going to have much luck with those characters. That said, I don't think I ran into that much trouble against Black Dwarf using T2 Sharon(you DO mean Sharon Rogers right?), she's too strong to be stopped. I feel Wasp+ energy damage powerhouses do the job okay without needing any T2s, Wasp's good at keeping teammates safe(6* skill > switch) and finishing off WBs when they're low(she took down like 20% of iThanos by herself for me without taking damage).

Woo I got 3/5 Black Dwarf wins for once

1st team She-Hulk, Proxima Midnight (T2), Captain America
2nd team Giant-Man, Ant-Man (T2), Yellowjacket
3rd team Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Moon Knight (T2)

Maybe coulda 5/5 but ran out of time since I still had Wasp and Loki. Havent been able to get more than one win outta him before, feels good man

Yeah I meant Sharon Rogers. He always breaks through my shield with his attacks.
I've tried various teams but he always destroys me.
I'll try some other energy teams then.

2nd team Giant-Man, Ant-Man (T2), Yellowjacket

Any particular tactics with this team? What strikers are you using?

Edit: Ugh, just tried this team and couldn't even get him past 50% :( And they're all maxed out gears etc.
T2 Ant-Man was the only one who could stay alive for very long but he just wasn't doing any decent damage.
Feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Any particular tactics with this team? What strikers are you using?

Edit: Ugh, just tried this team and couldn't even get him past 50% :( And they're all maxed out gears etc.
T2 Ant-Man was the only one who could stay alive for very long but he just wasn't doing any decent damage.
Feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

It's tough if you get unlucky with your Ant-Man dodges.

For strikers I had Spider-Man, Proxima Midnight, Hyperion, Shang-Chi and Starlord.

Basically just use Ant-Man skills to avoid damage (his punch skill obv not useful hear) and get striker damage, if cooldowns become an issue then I switch to Giant Man for his 6*+5* combo, then go over to Yellowjacket and immediately spam his i-frame skills. Most of the damage you're gonna get in this match is from Yellowjacket's 5* and 6*. But if you have better energy strikers than I do, you'll get a lot out of those too. And take advantage of your team up skill with Ant-Man 6*, since you can get 3 of those in a row if the right ability activates with the team up.

The main thing you want to do is save your best I-frame and invinc abilities for his spin. And make sure you have Yellowjacket ready to take him his shield down and stun him.

This is the team I use to beat him every weak and it almost always takes a few tries because on any random combo he does he can proc like 3 hits and ant-man is toast. I wouldn't recommend it if you have better options but if you can run a few trials at a time, you can get lucky once and its an easy win that one time lol

Oh yeah the shitty thing about BW is that sometimes he just suddenly does 100% of your health out of nowhere and he does this way more often than the others WBs, so even if you do keep losing to him it might not mean that you're playing it poorly or your team is bad, maybe you were just unlucky.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Just got my Wasp to Tier-2! Actually my first one. Now all I need is for them to make T2 upgrades for She-Hulk and Captain Marvel...

Fright Zone, I get 4/5 weekly vs Dwarf. Would you be able to do any of these teams?
I have 5 WB teams:
T2 Sharon Rogers (Leader, DPS) / Captain America (Team Bonus) / Sharon Carter (TB)
T2 Iron Fist (L, D) / Groot (Heals) / Luke Cage (TB)
Elsa (L) / T2 Silk (D) / Blade (TB)
Wasp (L) / T2 Yellowjacket (D) / Goliath (TB)
Ronan (L) / Lady Loki (D) / Red Skull (TB)

My Silk team can't beat Dwarf, but the others can.

In general, I use Cap, ShaRog, War Machine, Punisher, Moon Knight (all "+10% damage to villains") for my Strikers. I can't do that with my ShaRog team, so I sub in Nico (+10% Energy) and Iron Man (+8% Energy). For Corvus, I sub in 3 or 4 "ignore dodge" strikers.

Fright Zone, I get 4/5 weekly vs Dwarf. Would you be able to do any of these teams?

Yeah I can do all of those teams except the IF one, I am getting close to T2'ing him, but I don't have a 6* Luke yet.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Hopefully next week I can beat him at least once!

Is SR's leadership better than Agent 13's then?

Is SR's leadership better than Agent 13's then?
I'd say that depends. I already get 24.8% CD from my cards, so ShaRog's energy shield leadership is more useful to me.

A damage boosting leadership could be a good choice too. My Star-Lord is stuck at 5*, so I haven't gotten the chance to try a SL / SR / Cap team.

I like going with a Capt. Marvel/SR/Cpt America team for WB, good +30% damage, and nice team bonuses. Not that SR needs it, she face tanks any WB and beats them in around 1:10.

I put a Hawkeye set on my T2 Elsa replacing her Stark set(too defensive) and have been getting great results, she now does really good damage and is still very survivable, she was like 10 seconds slower on killing Corvus than SR without ever having to switch or her getting in danger of dying. I'd say she's better than T2 Silk for WB. Also, she's probably the most fun character to play with.

Edit: someone help me pick my T2 target, I already have T2'd: Silk, Songbird, SR, and Elsa(2 Blast, 2 Speed), my potential T2 targets are: Gwenpool, Iron Fist, Wasp, Black Widow. I already have 150 bios for Black Widow so I'm saving hers for doing it myself, I could also potentially do this for Iron Fist. I think Iron Fist is the best option since I don't have any Combat T2s yet.

Just 2 tiered Carnage.

What ISO sets would you use with Sharon Rogers and Carnage?

Would you Tier 2 Elsa now instead of Silk/Ant-man?

Also who would you use as a leader with Carnage (Tier 2) and who else would you pair him with?

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom