• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Just 3 missions away from the alliance bonus for the day capes. Let's do this!!!!

I need 102 bios to get spiderman to 6 stars
I need 92 to venom to 6 stars
I need 177 to get capt Marvel to 6 stars

What is life?

Shit I just realized that splurging on Ultron was maybe a bad idea. Yeah he's a beast, but shit...40 bios to star him up everytime? Ohhh man. Long road ahead.

I have bad news for you my friend

It goes from 40 to 80 to 160 to 320.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Shit I just realized that splurging on Ultron was maybe a bad idea. Yeah he's a beast, but shit...40 bios to star him up everytime? Ohhh man. Long road ahead.

Roto13

Oh, man, I wish it was 40 bios to rank him up every time, that would be amazing.

rexor0717

Thats for every hero. Once you unlock its 3* for 40 bios, 4* for 80 bios, 5* for 160 bios and and 6* for 360 bios.

rexor0717

Oh fuck me
Farm special mission characters. They are the easiest to get bios for, but regardless there is grinding.

Almost have 10 4* lvl 40s now. I'm trying to get to 10 5* lvl 45s. Going for 6* doesn't really appeal to me yet. Plus all my focus has been on villain siege rather than getting higher in the arena. I'm fine with 220 crystals a week. I just got Giant man to 4* lvl 40 today, seems kinda crazy to be able to get a character that high so quickly, but it did take a lot of focused unlimited runs. Of the other Ant-Man special mission characters to go for, who should I pursue next? I'm thinking Yellowjacket, but I already have a lot of blast heroes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Farm special mission characters. They are the easiest to get bios for, but regardless there is grinding.

Meh I'll be fine. I don't mind grinding, plus Ultron is one of my favorite Marvel villains so it's more of a "fun" thing than a pure gameplay one...On the flip side, I am addicted to the game. Like...hard. Come to me shiny biometrics. Come! I also decided to get the Stark's Stash from the shop. 75 crystals each day for a month for like 4-5 bucks sounded good to me. Now looking at the half-hourly sales like a hawk. Bios...BIOS!

Meh I'll be fine. I don't mind grinding, plus Ultron is one of my favorite Marvel villains so it's more of a "fun" thing than a pure gameplay one...On the flip side, I am addicted to the game. Like...hard. Come to me shiny biometrics. Come! I also decided to get the Stark's Stash from the shop. 75 crystals each day for a month for like 4-5 bucks sounded good to me. Now looking at the half-hourly sales like a hawk. Bios...BIOS!

You can get Ultron bios from special missions.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You can get Ultron bios from special missions.

Been scoring a couple of hims plus Modok. Pretty easy way of getting these two guys. Shame that the Ally Shifters don't always pop up. I did the Level 10 version like 4 times and got Wasp and Vision, but missed on Ant-Man and another Wasp. T_T

Roto13

The fact that you can get Ultron bios from special missions now makes him more viable than most characters. The fact that he has costumes makes him even moreso.

Really, the only character that's easier to raise is Giant Man.

Almost have my B team to lvl 40 now.

Got all the Ant-Man characters except Red Hulk and it looks like, thanks to the new login event, I'll have him a lot sooner than I thought too.

Been focusing on leveling up the Guardians now. Want to have my C team as Guardians.

A-team is comprised of Vision, Angela and Hulk, so I'm pretty happy with them.

rexor0717

I'm building my theory craft Iron Man/Wasp/Groot team next. Its too funny to not try to make. Infinite health, I can see it now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
App'd to NeoGAF Tights - Noci is the name.

All these lurkers posting in the thread for the first time just to say they app'd to the alliance - stick around the thread for a bit :)

rexor0717

Imagine dropping that 915,000? I just may have to one day

Yeah, I've never even had 600k gold up until today. I always spend it because I'm leveling so many characters. Feelsbadman.
dac15_nosewipe.gif

Hopefully the missions are worth it because its already ate 1M gold.

Roto13

The generator has that stupid little dot on it to tell me that I can upgrade it if I'm willing to give it a million dollars.

Nothankyou. Go away, dot. Go away.

The generator has that stupid little dot on it to tell me that I can upgrade it if I'm willing to give it a million dollars.

The red dote that really annoys me is the one for the featured deal in the shops, mainly because the dot is meant to represent that you have enough money/resources to buy/upgrade something yet it will have it for stuff i dont have the crystal for.

I realise they want you to buy extra crystals but have some consistency for fucks sake.

Just started playing this. Up to Chapter 3 in the main story.

Don't fully understand what all the different currencies are for.
I've upgraded my gear on Cap as I'm using him as my main fighter, but don't know what else I should be upgrading?

Any tips for a newbie?
I really want MODOK, what's the quickest way to get him?

Mindwipe

Just started playing this. Up to Chapter 3 in the main story.

Don't fully understand what all the different currencies are for.

Credits - General cash, used to pay for upgrades.
Energy - used up to play levels, regenerates with time. Never worth buying, plenty of ways to get it.
Crystals - premium currency, but not really needed other than to go shopping at the store. Don't waste it on resetting allowances or getting second chances at levels.
Clear tickets - Allow you to instantly complete a level (if you've already finished it once) Mostly useless at the moment as your characters don't get XP. Better than nothing if you have energy going to waste.

I've upgraded my gear on Cap as I'm using him as my main fighter, but don't know what else I should be upgrading?

Upgrade skills as much as you can. You can upgrade ISO-8 eventually, but skills deliver better return initially.

I really want MODOK, what's the quickest way to get him?

In the special missions, mission 1 of either the Guardians or the Ant Man ones give MODOK biometrics. So just play them over and over again until you have enough to unlock him. He's actually one of the easiest characters to get biometrics for in the game at the moment. He also suddenly becomes rather awesome at 3*

commish

I can never resist dots. I always upgrade, haha.

Still not sure if upgrading these things are worth it, but I suppose we will see. I just never have enough gold as it is, so it hurts.

rexor0717

Alliances give passive bonuses like increased gold and exp as well as in game bonuses like more critical damage. They're all minor at first but as the alliance ranks up you get more and more.
Also definitely farm MODOK. His special missions are easy to run and all of his skills are good. You just have to mitigate his long attack recovery animations by chaining you skills well.

Commodore

NeoGAF Tights is now full. We hit level 3 last night too. Think it's also fair if someone hasn't logged on in a week to allow other players who are still play consistently to be let in. I received more applications than I had space for. Seems we'll likely need a third team if anyone else wants to start one so we can get anyone that wants to be in a GAF alliance. I'll monitor players play activity and kick as needed and let the thread know if there's any open spots. First come, first serve.

Anyone else solve the missing assist buttons in the arena matches? Odd thing is I had a friend who also plays the game and his assist buttons were still present. Don't know why mine are missing. /shrug hopefully it gets fixed in a later update.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Damn it's starting to get pretty hard now. Chapter 4 in story/3 Elite. Decided to rock BW/MB/SC for their team bonus. Ultron can sit aside for now. Plus they all look easy to rank up. Just need to power through these levels man. Can't believe I already splurged 20 bucks on a F2P game...But whatever. I need me crystals. And BIOSES!

5* Sharon Carter is hilarious to watch. I just got her there and I'm using her to clear Yellowjacket's 4th mission. With her new skill and 5* mastery, it's like she doesn't have a normal attack. She's always spamming skills non stop. The auto-battle AI can't even use them effectively and sometimes leaves the ultimate skill active because it's too busy flipping and spinning around.

NeoGAF Tights is now full. We hit level 3 last night too. Think it's also fair if someone hasn't logged on in a week to allow other players who are still play consistently to be let in. I received more applications than I had space for. Seems we'll likely need a third team if anyone else wants to start one so we can get anyone that wants to be in a GAF alliance. I'll monitor players play activity and kick as needed and let the thread know if there's any open spots. First come, first serve.

Anyone else solve the missing assist buttons in the arena matches? Odd thing is I had a friend who also plays the game and his assist buttons were still present. Don't know why mine are missing. /shrug hopefully it gets fixed in a later update.

DId you switch teams and have your strikers overlap with characters in your active squad?

rexor0717

Just barely managed to beat Vilain Siege stage 7 today. Level 40, 4 star Falcon just barely had a sliver of health left.

Nice, I was just starting to beat 7 last week, but now I get 7 reliably and can sometimes beat 8 depending on the villain.

commish

If it's like every other gaf alliance/clan/guild in the last 10 years, people sign up just for the hell of it then never actually participate/play the game outside of a few people. A week is a long time to wait (we generally kick after 2 or 3 days of non-play in other mobile games like this), as, in these types of games, people either play daily (or at least every other day) or not at all unless they are out. I'm sure we can figure it out as we go along.

I haven't used an assist in arena fights in a month or two. I just pick the weakest possible opponent and stomp them for my 10 daily wins.

If it's like every other gaf alliance/clan/guild in the last 10 years, people sign up just for the hell of it then never actually participate/play the game outside of a few people. A week is a long time to wait (we generally kick after 2 or 3 days of non-play in other mobile games like this), as, in these types of games, people either play daily (or at least every other day) or not at all unless they are out. I'm sure we can figure it out as we go along.

I haven't used an assist in arena fights in a month or two. I just pick the weakest possible opponent and stomp them for my 10 daily wins.

The only tough arena fights are the full dodge special item teams. That's usually when I have to hit the assist button.

Roto13

I wish I could hit the assist button at all.

A couple of people apparently applied to the Capes and then immediately stopped playing, so expect one or two open spots soon.

curb

Banned
A couple of people apparently applied to the Capes and then immediately stopped playing, so expect one or two open spots soon.

I'm one of them. I just can't cope with the performance on my iPad 2 and probably won't play much again until my replacement comes in the next couple weeks. You can cut me if you need to though.

Commodore

I'll give our current crop of Tights a good week. But yeah, it'll likely shift to 5 days of no actively. Natural ebb and flow of a mobile game I suppose. This is the first one that hooked me in a long time.

So on the topic of Villian Sieges. Anyone who has beaten it all the way, what was the state of your team? Basically I want to know where I need to be from someone that has done it. My basic technique right now is to start from my lowest character and work my way up, use only one character as possible when I get near to defeating an opponent so I don't waste any characters. I've gotten as far as completing stage 6, but stage 7 always gets me so far. My main team of Spidey, Daredevil and Punisher are all fully ranked 4*, and fully skilled up. Just need to improve their ISO-8 and keep upgrading their gear. But yeah, that rank 5 bio hunt is a slow one.

Pejo

Is there some sort of secret to leveling up? It seems really really slow, no matter how I try. The best method seems to be to just grind the highest level stage your team can win. Is there something else I'm missing? I am just wondering how so many people have multiple level 40+ teams.

rexor0717

Is there some sort of secret to leveling up? It seems really really slow, no matter how I try. The best method seems to be to just grind the highest level stage your team can win. Is there something else I'm missing? I am just wondering how so many people have multiple level 40+ teams.

How far into the game are you? The initial leveling is a bit slow, but once you get to the later stages, you can bring a character from 1-30 in about an hour or so. It also helps when they have a bonus hero exp event as well as the alliance exp boosts as well.

I'll give our current crop of Tights a good week. But yeah, it'll likely shift to 5 days of no actively. Natural ebb and flow of a mobile game I suppose. This is the first one that hooked me in a long time.

So on the topic of Villian Sieges. Anyone who has beaten it all the way, what was the state of your team? Basically I want to know where I need to be from someone that has done it. My basic technique right now is to start from my lowest character and work my way up, use only one character as possible when I get near to defeating an opponent so I don't waste any characters. I've gotten as far as completing stage 6, but stage 7 always gets me so far. My main team of Spidey, Daredevil and Punisher are all fully ranked 4*, and fully skilled up. Just need to improve their ISO-8 and keep upgrading their gear. But yeah, that rank 5 bio hunt is a slow one.

I've only recently been able to start beating level 8 of villain siege, but I only have 2 5* characters, the rest are lvl40 4* characters and I just win through attrition. I think you gotta have a good chunk of 5* characters to get through level 9.

Pejo

How far into the game are you? The initial leveling is a bit slow, but once you get to the later stages, you can bring a character from 1-30 in about an hour or so. It also helps when they have a bonus hero exp event as well as the alliance exp boosts as well.

I've been playing a long time, but I'm still stuck at the level 4 elites and level 6 normal stages. My highest team is low 30s, then I have 2 teams in mid 20s. I just can't make any good progress to get more elites open to farm more Bios for the characters I want, because my level won't allow it. It probalby doesn't help that I'm using touch controls, but meh. I'll have to keep an eye on the bonus exp events, and there has been a nice little boost from joining NeoGAF Tights.

Drayco21

One thing I've noticed lately, is that Special Missions give way more XP than Elites. I was trying to grind in Elites all this time, and since changing over to primarily playing in the Special Missions since the Ant-Man update, I'm gaining levels much faster.

Commodore

I've only recently been able to start beating level 8 of villain siege, but I only have 2 5* characters, the rest are lvl40 4* characters and I just win through attrition. I think you gotta have a good chunk of 5* characters to get through level 9.

Recently I've been getting all my characters to level 20, at least to 5 on gear and 10 in skills. Slowly padding my team out. Been helping in Villian seige. Special missions are so helpful in leveling lower characters. Quick matches, one high level character carries them. Daily missions are good like that too.

Top Bottom