• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

curb

Banned
Thank god!

Absolutely. I really like Future Fight and I've enjoyed some of Marvel's other mobile stuff but that's not where I prefer to play my games. I know the last game's a bit divisive but to me the Arkham series has shown that the right property in the hands of the right developer can translate into a truly great game. Marvel has so many great characters that need good core-aimed games like, yesterday.

I'll give our current crop of Tights a good week. But yeah, it'll likely shift to 5 days of no actively. Natural ebb and flow of a mobile game I suppose. This is the first one that hooked me in a long time.

So on the topic of Villian Sieges. Anyone who has beaten it all the way, what was the state of your team? Basically I want to know where I need to be from someone that has done it. My basic technique right now is to start from my lowest character and work my way up, use only one character as possible when I get near to defeating an opponent so I don't waste any characters. I've gotten as far as completing stage 6, but stage 7 always gets me so far. My main team of Spidey, Daredevil and Punisher are all fully ranked 4*, and fully skilled up. Just need to improve their ISO-8 and keep upgrading their gear. But yeah, that rank 5 bio hunt is a slow one.

I clear it everyday, but I have a pretty good squad. These are my 40+:

h2Vekca.jpg

I've been clearing it for a while now, so you don't need that many 45s, but it sure does help! The main thing I've learned is which match ups work best in my favor. Blaster heroes are awesome for VS. Vision and War Machine are the MVPs when I get Dock Ock and Bullseye at the end. Both of them can either solo the fight or get me close enough to finish them off. Every other fight is just moving out of the way and avoiding the big skills. In general I use:

Vision and War Machine: Dock Ock and Bullseye at a high level
Any other blaster: Dock Ock and Bullseye at a low level
Spider-Man, Venom, Sharon Carter, Hulk: Destroyer
Captain Marvel, Ronan, Ultron, Destoyer: Ronan

I don't know about Punisher, but Daredevil is not great. He doesn't hit hard and he can't take hits.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You have so many high level characters. What's the best way to get guys to 40/45??

You have so many high level characters. What's the best way to get guys to 40/45??

Spend money or put in time and wait. I'm VIP lvl 4 so I've spent a fair bit of cash. Outside of that I focus on special missions and specific elite stages until I get a character to 4 or 5*. I make sure to do all of the elite stages for my favorite characters every day. Right now I'm focusing on Yellowjacket's special mission which I do 2 no limits of each day. I use 1 character to clear the 4th mission while two characters I want to level leach XP.

Even though I've spent a lot cash, I always make sure to get every bit of free crystals I can from daily achievements and arena. I haven't bought any crystal packs in a while, but I always renew the Stark's Stash. Even if people are hesitant to spend money, it doesn't hurt helping the devs and yourself if you're enjoying the game with 4 bucks a month.

commish

Spend money or put in time and wait. I'm VIP lvl 4 so I've spent a fair bit of cash. Outside of that I focus on special missions and specific elite stages until I get a character to 4 or 5*. I make sure to do all of the elite stages for my favorite characters every day. Right now I'm focusing on Yellowjacket's special mission which I do 2 no limits of each day. I use 1 character to clear the 4th mission while two characters I want to level leach XP.

Even though I've spent a lot cash, I always make sure to get every bit of free crystals I can from daily achievements and arena. I haven't bought any crystal packs in a while, but I always renew the Stark's Stash. Even if people are hesitant to spend money, it doesn't hurt helping the devs and yourself if you're enjoying the game with 4 bucks a month.

I'm not stranger to spending money, certainly - I think I just need to do less raiding with tickets and more playing.

Oh yeah forgot to add that, I almost never use clear tickets unless I'm forced to. I don't want to miss my chances for XP and shifters.

Any tips on using and enhancing ISO-8? I have so few at this point that I'm hesitant to experiment with them. When are they worth combining and what stats are best to go for?

rexor0717

Any tips on using and enhancing ISO-8? I have so few at this point that I'm hesitant to experiment with them. When are they worth combining and what stats are best to go for?
I'd say hold off on sticking them on anyone until you know you're going to be playing that character. I threw good ones on character I don't really play anymore in the beginning and now I have to pay crystals to get them off. Ugh

commish

Oh yeah forgot to add that, I almost never use clear tickets unless I'm forced to. I don't want to miss my chances for XP and shifters.

I figured. I think I'm just playing too many mobile games these days. Only have so much time!

Commodore

Look at the ISO 8 set for any given character and just add those three and slowly enhance them. Complete set gives a stat bonus.

People worry too much about ISO. My best ISO character is my Captain Marvel with rank 3 crystals. I have a few rank 6 crystals here and there that I got from daily dimension chests. I've beaten all content and never lose in arena. As long as you roll for a decent set at level 40, there is nothing else to worry about. To beat content, good characters at max level + kiting is all you need.

Roto13

Confession: I have like one ISO-8 equipped because I don't want to make a mistake and use the wrong piece and have to spend gems to remove it. If you could remove or trash it for free, I'd have every slot filled.

Confession: I have like one ISO-8 equipped because I don't want to make a mistake and use the wrong piece and have to spend gems to remove it. If you could remove or trash it for free, I'd have every slot filled.

They're not even worth equipping until level 40. You can also just use rank 1 and 2 for the bonus. You get so many of them there is no need to worry about having to overwrite them later.

Roto13

Hey, Villain Siege Reset Ticket in the Dimension Shop. So that's where you get those. Pricey, though. 100,000 gold.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Just got 60X Captain Marvel from the shop in a flash deal. Is she worth levelling up? I was thinking of getting either more bios for her, or just buying Gamora off the shop. Anyone knows the best course of action?

Shadow League is at level 5 onto level 6 with a full party alliance. That's the guild that I am in. How cool for Netmarble to introduce a team/guild system which other app games have grown so much with it doing guild battles and boss raids like Knights and Dragons.

I'd like to say that next to Hearthstone, Marvel Future Fight has fulfilled my hearts content. Everything I wanted and needed the game just keeps on giving.
If I needed one more bio metric I get it with a lucky Villain or Ally shifter. This game is gold and keeps on delivering. Fucking awesome rpg app game. Really impressive. I can't wait for more what the devs have to offer in expanding the lore and content. Shit is cray.

Best dialogue I've seen so far is after you did a Spider dimensional rift for the first time, Iron Man says to everyone, "Why didn't we just paid him?"
and Jacosta is all like, "You really think that would work?" then Tony replies with "All he kept saying is he's only doing it for the money" ... we Need more of this sarcasm please.

Roto13

Just got 60X Captain Marvel from the shop in a flash deal. Is she worth levelling up? I was thinking of getting either more bios for her, or just buying Gamora off the shop. Anyone knows the best course of action?

She's one of my main party members. It's good to get Gamora just because it's good to have a lot of different heroes, but after that, it's worth it to focus on getting Captain Marvel biometrics every day.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
She's one of my main party members. It's good to get Gamora just because it's good to have a lot of different heroes, but after that, it's worth it to focus on getting Captain Marvel biometrics every day.

Good. I'm already at 12 bios for Gamora anyway, just off Ally Shifters. I'll just concentrate on getting bios with Honor Tokens as much as I can for Carol.

Guys, I have a question. If you check your storage/usage on your device, how big does it say this game is? Mine says 2.7 gigs, and it feels like every time I delete pictures or whatever (deleted like 70 yesterday), my phone says I have literally zero bytes available and I've done nothing but play FF...

Guys, I have a question. If you check your storage/usage on your device, how big does it say this game is? Mine says 2.7 gigs, and it feels like every time I delete pictures or whatever (deleted like 70 yesterday), my phone says I have literally zero bytes available and I've done nothing but play FF...

643.7MB on Android.
85.07MB app size and 558.6MB data.

So what does this mean, do I have some kind of memory leak? (I don't even know what that is) I haven't connected it to FB, if that means anything?

You talking about memory usage when the app is running, or storage it's taking up on your phone?

EDIT: My Xperia Z3 says my open FF app is using 237MB of RAM, so yeah, I don't know what yours is reporting.

commish

One thing I've noticed lately, is that Special Missions give way more XP than Elites. I was trying to grind in Elites all this time, and since changing over to primarily playing in the Special Missions since the Ant-Man update, I'm gaining levels much faster.

Just started noticing this today. My giant man is already level 31 from just farming his mission.

Just wanted everyone to know that 5 star black panther is amazing. He's only level 37 but I was able to take down the level 45 villain siege character with him alone

Just wanted everyone to know that 5 star black panther is amazing. He's only level 37 but I was able to take down the level 45 villain siege character with him alone

I've never even seen his Bios pop up in the store.

I've only just unlocked him, so I think my BP is down the order of priorities haha

1 bios away from finally farming up Captain Marvel, that was probably not worth it but I'm happy. Also only 1 off of Ultron and 4 off of Venom. Finally I can abandon the default team.

Commodore

Characters like Thor, Angela, Black Panther, when I see people with 5 stars, I can't fathom how anyone got them there without spending $100 to buy those packs. I can't imagine doing it with just dimension rifts or chests. Basically, how the hell did you get panther to 5 stars?

Characters like Thor, Angela, Black Panther, when I see people with 5 stars, I can't fathom how anyone got them there without spending $100 to buy those packs. I can't imagine doing it with just dimension rifts or chests. Basically, how the hell did you get panther to 5 stars?

You can at least farm Thor and Black Panther's bios in later elite stages so it's not that bad. Sure it's only 3 a day max but Black Cat and Angela are almost impossible to level up.

Got Hulk to 4 star this evening.
Only need 13 Bios tomorrow for Yellowjacket 4 star.. He seems great at level 31 so I'm looking forward to getting him increased.

Basically always ran his dimension rifts. And always bought his bios whenever I had enough crystals to make a purchase.

Facism

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I would have jumped on that so hard so i could 4 star her :( Quality dmg if a bit squishy.

It's a shame Destroyer bios are dimension chests/dimension rifts only. That fucker soaks damage up and has that sexy high-damage stun.

Progress seems super slow. Been playing for over a week every day and have only acquired one character, War Machine.

In Contest of Champions I'd acquired way more characters within a week.

You don't get any free characters in daily chests or anything? Am I just being unlucky?

I really want MODOK so I've been replaying the missions where he's boss but I don't get biometrics every time I defeat him, it seems random? I don't get it.

Funny you say that, I've come to this game after being incredibly disappointed by Contest of Champions.

Been playing this about a month or so and have all but 2 characters, so I'd say this feels a lot better for both character collection and accessibility of content.

El_Cinefilo

Funny you say that, I've come to this game after being incredibly disappointed by Contest of Champions.

Been playing this about a month or so and have all but 2 characters, so I'd say this feels a lot better for both character collection and accessibility of content.

This.

I'm clearly doing something wrong then.
Are you paying for characters?
Why am I making such slow progress?

I'm nearly on Chapter 4, I've done some elite missions and the first level (the level 10-20 one) of every special mission.
And I have only got War Machine for my efforts.

Mrcapcom

I'm nearly on Chapter 4, I've done some elite missions and the first level (the level 10-20 one) of every special mission.

What level are your characters? Once I was able to start beating other Elite missions the charcters just flowed in. Plus you should be doing the Special missions too they give you good EXP AND Bios for the DLC chars. I also started looking on the list to find which ones had low bios and got them first. Don't shoot for big bio chars like Hulk which I should be getting soon after playing for close to what feels like 2 months

Oh and I think I'm stuck on Chapter 6 or so Normal and Chapter 4 or 5 Elite. I will start up beating those again later I'm having too much fun doing other stuff.

That's a bit odd, I've been playing for like 2 weeks and I have Sharon Carter, Mockingbird, Luke Cage, War Machine, MODOK and Rocket Raccoon. Also I'm super close to getting Captain Marvel, Venom and Ultron.

Have you at least been doing your daily stuff like open the free chests, play arena games to farm bios, play elite missions, etc? Your best option is to actively try and work towards a certain character.

My characters are around level 20 now and my Cap is two stars.
I have been doing the special missions, as I say just the first ones, i'm not levelled enough to go beyond that.

Where are the daily chests?

Also, in the Ant-Man special missions, I played the first one, the MODOK one, over and over until it reached 100%... what does that do? I didn't get anything for getting it to 100%. It now says 'No Limit' and when I click that it asks if I want to activate Unlimited Entry Boost. What the hell is that?

Man this game is confusing!

El_Cinefilo

Also, in the Ant-Man special missions, I played the first one, the MODOK one, over and over until it reached 100%... what does that do? I didn't get anything for getting it to 100%. It now says 'No Limit' and when I click that it asks if I want to activate Unlimited Entry Boost. What the hell is that?

Man this game is confusing!

You get 10 entries a day in special missions but if you activate "No limit" you can enter as many times as you want for 30 minutes, It's a great way to farm bios, especially Giant Man ones

Top Bottom