• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Missed the speed package. Wanted some Silk bios :(

The sale will be up again tonight.

The saddest part about the rewards is that getting the 7k gold reward from the biggest box is a net loss of 5k gold since every token is worth 1k, it's like they went out of their way to give everyone the worst rewards possible.

I didn't even think about that. And neither did NM apparently lol.

Within 5 rolls total I got Smart Raccoon on Silk(wasn't even looking for an 8-set) and Overdrive on Sister Grimm, suddenly amazing luck. I don't know if these are optimal but I'm not fucking rerolling any more than that, I still have to roll decent sets for at least 6 more characters so I'm not going to make this any more painful than it needs to be.

Drayco21

The saddest part about the rewards is that getting the 7k gold reward from the biggest box is a net loss of 5k gold since every token is worth 1k, it's like they went out of their way to give everyone the worst rewards possible.

6440349_orig.gif

I think Angela is just bad right now, I have her at 5* and it's just not impressive. None of her skills stagger the enemy so she just gets interrupted before ever getting a good hit off and her jumping slash is just pathetic. It doesn't help that all of her skills are combos with a powerful ender which makes it all the worse that she's so easily interrupted.

Thankfully I believe she's so bad that they'll probably buff her, in this game it's better to be bad than mediocre.
So the Bio sale is for everyone BUT the A Force? Odd but hey,Silk is 3 stars now!
Yeah it's become weird that they're just the only ones that are exclusive, they probably planned on making more characters exclusive, backed out after the backlash and now find themselves in an awkward situation.

Mrcapcom

So guys I have Gamora with Uni at 3 Stars lvl 30 Spidey with Uni at 5 Stars 51 and Silk at 1 Star lvl 30. Which should I spend the 200 speed crystals?

I figure Spidey I can slowly get the Bios for him so pass. Silk I can only get her Bios this way but I'm not 100% sold on her abilities just yet but I know every says she's good. Gamora seems better I love her uni and skills.

I'm leaning towards Gamora but I don't want to choose the wrong speedster lol

So guys I have Gamora with Uni at 3 Stars lvl 30 Spidey with Uni at 5 Stars 51 and Silk at 1 Star lvl 30. Which should I spend the 200 speed crystals?

I figure Spidey I can slowly get the Bios for him so pass. Silk I can only get her Bios this way but I'm not 100% sold on her abilities just yet but I know every says she's good. Gamora seems better I love her uni and skills.

I'm leaning towards Gamora but I don't want to choose the wrong speedster lol

Do you want to play a character you enjoy more (Gamora) or one who is crazy overpowered (Silk)? I always pick the former, which is why I largely ignore characters like Yellow Jacket and level Punisher instead. Silk is unquestionably "better" than the other two options you mentioned, but if you don't like her...

Mrcapcom

Do you want to play a character you enjoy more (Gamora) or one who is crazy overpowered (Silk)? I always pick the former, which is why I largely ignore characters like Yellow Jacket and level Punisher instead. Silk is unquestionably "better" than the other two options you mentioned, but if you don't like her...

lol thing is i like Silk its just Gamora's Costume and her moves look way cooler to me. But I also like being OP and plowing through the stages. Let me look at the movesets again, I'm also trying to figure out if I do use the 200 speed Bios what star will they end up at. I think Gamor will be 4/5 stars and Silk will probally be around 3? That kinda sucks I would rather use it on someone who is closer to 6 stars as possible.

Looks like 3* BW is done.
Look at the schedule, 3* is greyed out, this means it probably still exists, I think they would've said so if it wasn't a thing anymore.

Here's the thing though, the problem a lot of people are running into(including me) is that there are characters they upgraded at some point in the past that are now unusable. I think it'd be nice if we could degrade characters from 4*>3* for example. My YJ is stuck being useless at 4* so it'd be nice if I could use him in 3* instead. Of course if you do decide to degrade you should gain back your bios if you do decide to upgrade them at one point, there should be a cost to degrade and upgrading should still cost the same too(to disincentivize people downgrading their 6*s to dominate and then upgrading again).

lol thing is i like Silk its just Gamora's Costume and her moves look way cooler to me. But I also like being OP and plowing through the stages. Let me look at the movesets again, I'm also trying to figure out if I do use the 200 speed Bios what star will they end up at. I think Gamor will be 4/5 stars and Silk will probally be around 3? That kinda sucks I would rather use it on someone who is closer to 6 stars as possible.

Fair enough. I have Silk at 6 stars and she's a freaking monster. I do love Gamora's new costume but she doesn't really compare. My biggest problem now is I spent too much time focusing on speed characters and really am focused more on branching out. Three of my top five characters are speedsters (Daredevil, Spidey, and Silk).

---------

Any thoughts on which blast character to level with my bio selector? I have Nico at 6 stars and it won't work on uniformed Kingpin since he still qualifies as combat? I hate Malekith, Yellow Jacket, and the Iron Bros as characters. I love Rocket and Star-Lord as characters. Are either of them good in this game? Is one more difficult to get bios than the other?

Rocket is the harder one to get bios for. No idea how good either of them are maxed out, but even with the recent buffs they don't seem super special.

Coulson is a great blaster at 6* as his Cap summon tanks for you and can have 100% uptime. He's one of the safest soloers in story mode.

Star-Lord got a bunch of buffs and Rocket Raccoon got a 6* skill but I don't play either so I can't comment on how good they are.

I like Wasp though, even though she still needs a 6* and maybe a costume to become legitimately good, her leadership is one of the best in the game and she's hard to take down. I also lack good blast characters since I dislike most of them though.

Wish this game had Storm...

Rocket is the harder one to get bios for. No idea how good either of them are maxed out, but even with the recent buffs they don't seem super special.

Coulson is a great blaster at 6* as his Cap summon tanks for you and can have 100% uptime. He's one of the safest soloers in story mode.

I didn't even consider Coulson, but I can get his bios super easily grinding experience in the Shield chapters. I'll try testing out both Rocket and Star-Lord in the preview section, but am leaning towards the fur ball.

Nico ANAD is good but YJ is a monster.

It certainly seems that way considering every team I play against in timeline has him as the leader. He's super easy to crush with a maxed out Daredevil, but he has to be overpowered to be so prevalent. I just hate his character and won't focus on him until I'm finished with characters I love in comics.

Nico is great, and even better now they've given her a proper costume. I've liked her since Runaways, but I'm admittedly a BKV fanboy.

Star-Lord got a bunch of buffs and Rocket Raccoon got a 6* skill but I don't play either so I can't comment on how good they are.

I like Wasp though, even though she still needs a 6* and maybe a costume to become legitimately good, her leadership is one of the best in the game and she's hard to take down. I also lack good blast characters since I dislike most of them though.

Wish this game had Storm...

That's my issue. The blasters in this game aren't very interesting, especially if you dislike the Iron bros like I do. It's sad that uniformed Kingpin instantly became one of my favorite blasters. Kepow is giving me crap about my lack of diversity, but there aren't many options I like. I'm also not interested in an overpowered, flavor of the month Yellow Jacket team.

Wasp is not a bad option at all. I do seem to get her relatively frequently from chaos boxes, but I'll test her out in the preview.

Drayco21

Rocket at least shows up as a shifter. Star-Lord bios only come at random, small numbers from the Chaos Shop random box.

I really like Star-Lord's play style, and mained him even before his buffs. He just needs his proper uniform.

Rocket at least shows up as a shifter. Star-Lord bios only come at random, small numbers from the Chaos Shop random box.

I really like Star-Lord's play style, and mained him even before his buffs. He just needs his proper uniform.

You also used him a lot in Marvel Heroes if my memory is correct. What buffs did he get? Who do you team him up with?

Yeah I'm also not a huge fan of using OP characters just cuz, I use characters like SG and She-Hulk and am planning on using Silk but I wouldn't even consider it if I disliked them. YJ and Giant-Man will never get on my team even if they got a 6* skill and became even more broken, I find it very boring to play with characters I dislike.

Drayco21

You also used him a lot in Marvel Heroes if my memory is correct. What buffs did he get? Who do you team him up with?

My old team with him was Rocket Raccoon and Spider-Man, but that was really just a "I really like these characters" team, not based on any real synergy between them. Star-Lord's leadership bonus to other Blast heroes is pretty good, especially considering how many top tier characters in this game like Yellowjacket and Nico are Blast. An ideal way to use him for you might be to have Nico and Kingpin.

As far as I can tell, the buffs were really just about tuning his damage numbers to make him hit harder, and changing his 5 star skill up some. He's still got some inevitable changes to come, but he's in a pretty solid place right now.

Durden77

I like the Christmas event mainly because of the free clear tickets and debris I can get if I need them. Been needin clear tickets a lot latley so it's nice to have another way. Plus getting a x30 norn stone out of the giant box every now and then is a nice surprise.

Yeah I'm also not a huge fan of using OP characters just cuz, I use characters like SG and She-Hulk and am planning on using Silk but I wouldn't even consider it if I disliked them. YJ and Giant-Man will never get on my team even if they got a 6* skill and became even more broken, I find it very boring to play with characters I dislike.

Exactly. I hate Yellow Jacket and make it a point to crush him with Daredevil in timeline battles. I parked that fool at 33 and will leave him there until there's nobody else to level, which is a loooong time for now.

Silk's ANAD comic started off great and I'm glad she also happens to be great in game. I'm also one of the fools that maxed out Jessica Jones almost immediately because I love the character and show. Working Frank Castle and Spider-Man as we speak.

My old team with him was Rocket Raccoon and Spider-Man, but that was really just a "I really like these characters" team, not based on any real synergy between them. Star-Lord's leadership bonus to other Blast heroes is pretty good, especially considering how many top tier characters in this game like Yellowjacket and Nico are Blast. An ideal way to use him for you might be to have Nico and Kingpin.

As far as I can tell, the buffs were really just about tuning his damage numbers to make him hit harder, and changing his 5 star skill up some. He's still got some inevitable changes to come, but he's in a pretty solid place right now.

I would actually really dig a Star-Lord, Nico, and Kingpin/Rocket team. Not sure how to level up both Quill and Rocket, though, other than lots of cash or time. Kingpin is easy enough and seems really solid at only level 40.

I'm all about the OP **** in timeline battle. Just need to get the 10 wins out of the way asap. It's not like I'm actually playing the game 'cause of auto battle. BW is more fun anyway and the requirements force fun teams.

I ranked up my 3* characters, if 3* BW is going to become more rare then I don't feel it's worth limiting my strong characters for it, I'll just throw in some randoms and get 12/14 bios(it's really easy). Cap was awful at 3* anyway and seems really powerful at 6*.

Durden77

I'm having a real hard time hitting my alliance contribution daily rewards, and I do a shit ton in this game each day. What's the deal? Seems like I'm getting a lot less contribution points after the update.

I'm having a real hard time hitting my alliance contribution daily rewards, and I do a shit ton in this game each day. What's the deal? Seems like I'm getting a lot less contribution points after the update.

10k the is highest reasonable contribution level you can hit. So long as you're getting there, you're doing well.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddamn, just had an hilarious occurence and tried to screencap it but ended up too nervous and screenshoted my screen with a big volume up notice on the victory screen...but my Sister Grimm plowed through a Goliath/Yellowjacket/Spider-Man team haha, on her own. With my own team on AI play! People really need to level up their gears.

On that note, I LOVE Goliath and Yellowjacket in Timeline battle. I actively seek them out, because they are what I call, Team "Gratis". Gamora with shield proc ISO-8 set LOOOVES YJ. And Goliath...what can I say. Nico one shots him 99% of the time.

I need to find out the key to get more points in Timeline Battle. Level 60 teams payout the same, as level 40 whatevers.

I need to find out the key to get more points in Timeline Battle. Level 60 teams payout the same, as level 40 whatevers.

It's based on the opponent's score. The higher they are above you the more you get. The highest I've ever gotten is 34 from a win, which was from an opponent ~400 points above me.

How many points do you get for what things?

100 points per run of everything except the holiday event. You can check the rewards and points needed in the allies tab of the alliance.

Durden77

10k the is highest reasonable contribution level you can hit. So long as you're getting there, you're doing well.

For some reason I'm burning out around 5k. Haven't gotten the second clear ticket contribution reward once. And I usually use up two full tanks of energy a day. Most on special mission runs.

For some reason I'm burning out around 5k. Haven't gotten the second clear ticket contribution reward once. And I usually use up two full tanks of energy a day. Most on special mission runs.

Well special missions will hurt you in that they're six energy per 100 points you contribute.

Top Bottom