• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just got Ultron to 6*. Not sure if I want to go after another character with special missions or not. I've already gotten YJ and GM beside Ultron.
Probably Groot now that I think about it. Has anyone leveled Yondu up?

Just got Ultron to 6*. Not sure if I want to go after another character with special missions or not. I've already gotten YJ and GM beside Ultron.
Probably Groot now that I think about it. Has anyone leveled Yondu up?

Definitely do Groot, and also Ronan if you ever plan on using a Universal team. Yondu has one super good skill that you can blow up opponents with, but as a whole he could be better.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Definitely do Groot, and also Ronan if you ever plan on using a Universal team. Yondu has one super good skill that you can blow up opponents with, but as a whole he could be better.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, I'll go Groot first and then do Ronan. I'm lacking in Universal characters.

Drayco21

Yondu is one of my favorite lower tier heroes just for playing. I only have him at 2 stars, but I really enjoy the way he fights and his first two powers, and he's been an important part of my early Villain Siege game since the Guardians update. I'm constantly teetering on whether I should invest in grinding his Special Missions just because I enjoy playing as him so much.

Maybe when he gets a uniform that makes him look like actual comic books Yondu.

Speaking of Yondu, a few days ago I learned that the game considers him a hero and not a villain (likely based on the comics, despite using the movie look). I just got him to 5*s recently, but he wasn't available in the All Villains Battleworld that just ended.

The Kree

Banned
Anyone have a leveled up Luke Cage? Is he worth levelign up?

He is. He's really good against Destroyer in villain Siege where you can only do damage with physical attacks. His cooldowns are short.

I noticed a few days ago that they've adjusted the gold payouts for the mystery boxes. I've gotten 36K and 72K a bunch of times. That combined with the gear kits and clear tickets makes the holiday missions worthwhile enough.

Drayco21

Speaking of Yondu, a few days ago I learned that the game considers him a hero and not a villain (likely based on the comics, despite using the movie look). I just got him to 5*s recently, but he wasn't available in the All Villains Battleworld that just ended.

I wouldn't really call Yondu a villain in the MCU either. He's just kinda neutral.

Being good vs Destroyer who doesn't show up as the final VS boss doesn't mean much.
hRRJBDk.jpg

Finally. Now I just need to finish her gears and ISO. I've never invested in gears past the first slot much on any character. Why did I pick a character with hard to get bios :(

Oh right 'cause she's OP.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Anyone have a leveled up Luke Cage? Is he worth levelign up?

My brother has a leveled up Cage, at lvl 55, 6 star. And Physical Immunity Leader ability is just... good, first of all. Enemies like Maestro in VS do stupid insane damage at times, and not much in the way of stats will assist you as much as avoiding the damage all together. Also, since this is a leader ability, it applies to everyone on the team under him. Really helps the glass cannons survive so that they can do their damage, unlike, say, Cap's costume perk immunity.

His lvl 4 skill, Unbreakable, gives him a chance to recover a % on his HP upon hit. Getting the recovery accessory gear can boost this, as well. Getting ISO-8 sets that compliments this (Such as additional HP recovery, or HP percentage shield) also works quite well.

His 5 and 6 star skills do very solid damage. His Dempsy Roll keeps the enemy locked in place for a good duration, and also breaks; this gives ample time to recover you other skills. Sweet Christmas stuns, which is always helpful.

He's also probably likely to get a Costume when his Netflix series comes out, so he should be a worthwhile investment with a good future as well. My Cage isn't as high, but he was one of my star players when I started the game.

Mrcapcom

My brother has a leveled up Cage, at lvl 55, 6 star. And Physical Immunity Leader ability is just... good, first of all. Enemies like Maestro in VS do stupid insane damage at times, and not much in the way of stats will assist you as much as avoiding the damage all together. Also, since this is a leader ability, it applies to everyone on the team under him. Really helps the glass cannons survive so that they can do their damage, unlike, say, Cap's costume perk immunity.

His lvl 4 skill, Unbreakable, gives him a chance to recover a % on his HP upon hit. Getting the recovery accessory gear can boost this, as well. Getting ISO-8 sets that compliments this (Such as additional HP recovery, or HP percentage shield) also works quite well.

His 5 and 6 star skills do very solid damage. His Dempsy Roll keeps the enemy locked in place for a good duration, and also breaks; this gives ample time to recover you other skills. Sweet Christmas stuns, which is always helpful.

He's also probably likely to get a Costume when his Netflix series comes out, so he should be a worthwhile investment with a good future as well. My Cage isn't as high, but he was one of my star players when I started the game.
Smh why u had to make him sound so good smh leveling up now lol

Smh why u had to make him sound so good smh leveling up now lol

He's really not. There are so many better combat characters. Rank him up if you like him as a character, not because you think he's good. No one uses him in the top % of anything for a reason.

Uniform Bullseye
She-Hulk (with and without uni)
Giant Man (with and without)
Warwolf
Superior Spidey
Groot
Captain America (with either uni)
Venom
Sif

All better combat characters.

VS isn't tough once you have a couple 60s. You don't even use a combat character against Hulk since Blastpin, YJ, Nico, Daisy, Iron Man, War Machine, Coulson, etc wreck him alone.

Though I will say again, if you like the character, by all means rank him up. Just know that once you're all set with a good roster and you have your pick of anything you want, you're likely not using him unless you really love Luke Cage.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
He's really not. There are so many better combat characters. Rank him up if you like him as a character, not because you think he's good. No one uses him in the top % of anything for a reason.

Uniform Bullseye
She-Hulk (with and without uni)
Giant Man (with and without)
Warwolf
Superior Spidey
Groot
Captain America (with either uni)
Venom
Sif

All better combat characters.

Eh, in my experience, it depends on exactly what you're doing, and how hard it is for you to get those Bios. Of course "premium" characters that were released later are better at max than a "free" one that's been there since day 1, but even still, they're not all better through actually playing your character up.

I HATE early Cap. Some of the worse crowd-control in the game for taking on anything that's even a LITTLE higher than you, a horrible 1v1 character, and he gets so little out of the 3* to 5* gap. His costumes make him better, thankfully, but I hated him so much along the way, I'd rather not spend gems in his direction, lol.

Groot was my main Power character for a long while, but once anyone starts getting a few levels / stars above him, he gets more and more useless. Of course, his costume and later levels really help bring him back to relevance and fast, but before that, he does little damage compared to many others in his class. Revival is very nice, as is his heal, but characters that knock him out of the zone, or out damage the tick really make his life harder.

VS isn't tough once you have a couple 60s.

(>_>) Nothing is tough once you have "a couple of 60s", lol.

You don't even use a combat character against Hulk since Blastpin, YJ, Nico, Daisy, Iron Man, War Machine, Coulson, etc wreck him alone.

But on the way to magical 6* and independence, it's rough. I'm actually pretty disappointed with how hard it is to get Colson and Daisy to start pulling their weight, especially since I have both of them 5*, and in mid 40s. Using leaders that give them breathing room (Like Yellow Jacket's paralysis) allows me to take their damage into areas / modes their survivability hasn't caught up to yet.

Though I will say again, if you like the character, by all means rank him up. Just know that once you're all set with a good roster and you have your pick of anything you want, you're likely not using him unless you really love Luke Cage.

I though I'd feel this way about leveling up Elza and Black Widow on their way to meet my Gamora. "Gamora is at 5*, Elza is at 6* ... yay replacement time!"... and it didn't happen that way. Gamora's synergy of moves, bleeding, and concise, manageable movement still has her outdoing Elza constantly. Widow only really seems to be comparable to 5* Gamora for me once she has her 6* skill. And even that can be shut down by Gamora if you play right.

I'm actually often surprised at how rarely people talk about the quality of utility options with this game. Beyond the high tiers and crowd favorites, there's a good amount of tools that let one play differently. It all becomes more bland and predictable as the numbers game filters characters out at max level, max ISO-8 Sets, Max items, surely, but there's a large stretch of time (especially for a free / non-whale player) where you have to work up to that. And even then, there's still characters that are better played than auto'd, and vice-versa.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Being good vs Destroyer who doesn't show up as the final VS boss doesn't mean much.

Finally. Now I just need to finish her gears and ISO. I've never invested in gears past the first slot much on any character. Why did I pick a character with hard to get bios :(

Oh right 'cause she's OP.

Bring her out to Timeline and see how she chews up Goliaths like they are made out of cardboard haha. And she's Speed. God I love you Cindy Moon.

I never face another team with her. Even with my own I'm scared of better geared ones. I'm in a serious drought on her bios. I still keep YJ as lead so she has webs, iframes, and paralyze.

Someone in Capes needs to come to the rescue and do one more daily mission (we're at 59/60). And on that note, more people should really be doing their daily missions. It gives you lots of different materials you need to have and good XP too.

Also there's one more spot open now that we've leveled up if anyone wants to apply.

Someone in Capes needs to come to the rescue and do one more daily mission (we're at 59/60). And on that note, more people should really be doing their daily missions. It gives you lots of different materials you need to have and good XP too.
I noticed in game when we had 56/60 and I, luckily, realized that I had only done 1 today (I've been power leveling 10-5 during the boosted periods all day long). So I did the last 4, but needed some time to recharge energy before the final one. o>

Also there's one more spot open now that we've leveled up if anyone wants to apply.
That reminds me, I've been meaning to ask how the Tights situation ended up turning out. Have more people started contributing there? What level is Tights, anyways?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Is the special pack with 90 bios for 750 crystals worth it? I'd be able to get Silk to 4* with it. I'm thinking either that, buy an Ultron uniform, or keep saving for a different package down the line.

Is the special pack with 90 bios for 750 crystals worth it? I'd be able to get Silk to 4* with it. I'm thinking either that, buy an Ultron uniform, or keep saving for a different package down the line.
I bought two of those packs, the 200 speed bios pack (holiday sale) and used an old 5* rank up ticket on Silk myself. Her moveset makes her a joy to play as and she is such a beast at 6*, so I have no regrets.

I'm so grateful for the recent level cap changes + plethora of 3 energy/50% exp boost events, allowing me to get a bunch of characters to level 50 for 20 free Crystals a pop.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks and like to play whatever is OP, yes do anything for Silk. She is absolutely ridiculous on auto-battle and almost unbeatable if played manually.

Speaking of good characters, the new Winter Soldier Cap is all over the top of TL and I can see why. He's the only one that gives my Silk trouble. The guy just blocks everything and he has so many breaks. To be safe I make sure my YJ faces him, but I'm often surprised what well built WS Caps can do to even YJ.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
If you don't mind spending a few bucks and like to play whatever is OP, yes do anything for Silk. She is absolutely ridiculous on auto-battle and almost unbeatable if played manually.

Speaking of good characters, the new Winter Soldier Cap is all over the top of TL and I can see why. He's the only one that gives my Silk trouble. The guy just blocks everything and he has so many breaks. To be safe I make sure my YJ faces him, but I'm often surprised what well built WS Caps can do to even YJ.

Yeah, I ended up buying that special pack. I'll probably spend a few bucks down the line to rank Silk up further. I also bought that WS cap a few days ago and I like it, just need to finish ranking him up to 6*.

I just got She-Hulk to 60 so I switched her to leader in my timeline team. I tag in Silk immediately at the start of the match and she is just butchering teams left and right. This is my Silk, max skills but still a long way to go on gears and some ISO I need to fix.

I just got She-Hulk to 60 so I switched her to leader in my timeline team. I tag in Silk immediately at the start of the match and she is just butchering teams left and right. This is my Silk, max skills but still a long way to go on gears and some ISO I need to fix.
Very nice. I think Dodge is the best option to place your best characters that have dodge normally in their stats at start.

With a allied party of Spidey + Black Cat + Black Bolt + Dodge gear & Dodge Iso's my Spiderman 6* reached above 70% Dodge. I'm trying to hit 75% if possible. Or higher.

I'm not full dodge on her since I don't use that iso set. I have Hawkeye because I really like the stat boosts and she already has enough mitigation/avoidance/cc. I just switched her gear to dodge from skill cooldown. It had very little effect on her chaining (if anything) so I'm going to keep it.

I was thinking of giving She-HuIk web resist so I can stop avoiding other Silks. However, I faced a web resist WS Cap today and Silk killed him easily so I'm not sure that's an answer. She-Hulk's leadership of course factored into it and wouldn't in a mirror, but a YJ leadership would. There should be a CC resist item rather than splitting snare and web.

My Silk at 4 star (3 red) Lvl 46. Then others with a 4 star Venom and 5 star Miles Morales Spidey against Destroyer. . . .
EaqxlvN.jpg

My jaw dropped lol

Durden77

Leveling characters up beyond level 50 or so has become a really tedious affair. Not necessarily because it's so slow, but because all level 50 and up story missions all are only SHIELD characters which I don't care to grind bios for. That leaves me with only dimension rifts and special missions to get those guys some worthwhile XP.

I really really wish they would rebalance that about the story missions.

Cool Deadpool add me back when u get a chance lol

Yup. had a cleanup, everyone that hadn't contributed significantly over the break got booted a few days ago.

We weren't even getting the Daily challenges done!

I can't add anyone, you have to reapply and I'll add you when I see it.

I do actively look at contribution though, I get requests for the club all the time, and people who are playing regularly benefit from club bonuses a lot more than people just logging in every day then bailing.

I figured that was what had happened when I saw all of the kicks and adds. Are the newbies there from GAF or just random in-game requests?

Mrcapcom

Yup. had a cleanup, everyone that hadn't contributed significantly over the break got booted a few days ago.

We weren't even getting the Daily challenges done!

I can't add anyone, you have to reapply and I'll add you when I see it.

I do actively look at contribution though, I get requests for the club all the time, and people who are playing regularly benefit from club bonuses a lot more than people just logging in every day then bailing.

Cool thanks I was just logging in for the daily and the event during break since I was on vacation lol thanks for the mini heart attack haha

Top Bottom