• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

screen640x640.jpeg

It's interesting how prominent Elektra is on the update notes page. They even had her on a team with Black Cat. lol

Possible rework coming? Costume? Trolling?

Seems good so far, liking the changes.

Not sure why they felt the need to add Special Mission participation to the daily requirement but it's not too much of a drama I guess.

So tempted to throw another 20 Daily Bio pack on for Hyperion.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I was going to grab stark's stash until I found out google won't log me into my account and for whatever reason disabled the email my google play is linked to. I guess I could just do it on my phone, but I've never bought anything through iTunes and would prefer just paying through paypal. This is annoying. Now I have to wait for a response from gmail. That email literally just sits there for google play.

Seems good so far, liking the changes.

Not sure why they felt the need to add Special Mission participation to the daily requirement but it's not too much of a drama I guess.

So tempted to throw another 20 Daily Bio pack on for Hyperion.

I was probably going to grab him, too.

edit: Got my email opened back up, apparently they don't like you trying to use google payments while in Nox and flagged that. I didn't have a problem with bluestacks.

$80 for a T2 character. LOL.

NM going for that Kabam money. Worst part is, so many people are going to give into that convenience since it negates the need to level your character and gears.

Also super disappointed that the new IF costume has nothing over the old one. I really like it and wanted a reason (beyond looks) to buy it.

I tinkered around with the new outfits in Skill Preview and noticed the following moveset tweaks:

- ANAD Iron Fist -
No moveset changes that I could discern.
Basically it's the New Avengers Uniform Bonus on the normal IF moveset.

- ANAD Ronan -
2 = 3-hit combo that Stuns.
3 = AoE Gravity Pull -> Fear Strike.

- ANAD Yondu -
Normals shoot an energy handgun rather than a slavo of arrows.
1 = Big blast -> Jump w/ slavo of gunfire in the air. [iFrames during jump?]
3 = Bomb toss -> Twirl Dodge -> Plasma Rifle Blast.
5 = 7 Shot Barrage -> 360 Beam Shot

- ANAD Mockingbird -
3 = Attack + Buff. [iFrames during jump?]
5 = Flying Swoop attack. [iFrames during flight?]

- CW Widow -
2 = Adds stun to the lightning's effects.
3 = Adds 2 gun shots to the dodge 2099 uni added onto the dodge buff. Buff lasts 8s like 2099 vs the normal 20s.

- Malekith -
3 = Gravity Pull -> Teleport behind the enemy, midair -> Diving punch.

I feel that almost all of these are improvements, however I'm unsure about Yondu. I love his 3 new skills, but his arrow normals seem way faster than his gun normals and I love his new 5* attack. The 5* is changed with the Uniform (although both seem good at first glance, I just like the Arrow 5* more).

I can afford two Uniforms. Not sure which I'll get.
- IF is a solid character, but his Uni only adds tankibility w/ no moveset tweaks. I don't use him much as is (current top 5 Combat units are Black Hulkbuster, CW Cap, WW Hulk, Goliath, Kingpin or Moon Knight).
- I use Ronan for his Leader buff often, so getting his Uni would be useful.
- AFAIK, Mockingbird isn't that good. I have her 6*'d but never played as her. However, I really enjoy the new stuff she got here and if she does have some iFrames that should give her a big boost.
- I'm not sure if I like Yondu's Movie or ANAD moveset more.
- My Malekith is only 4*, so his outfit would be a waste of Crystals atm.
- CW Widow seems better than 2099, but not enough to get a second outfit for her. I also don't like the costume itself.

IF uniform reduces defense instead of taunting. Other than that, and it being the single sexist uniform in the game, it's unchanged.

I had mine all lined up at max gears and stockpiled his bios in anticipation of him getting a T2 status. I might have been better off focusing on someone like Moon Knight, but I gotta stick with my favorite character.

I absolutely melted Glaive with him, so I'm happy with the decision. He'll mesh nicely with my Ant-Man and Wasp team.

Alur

So how important is using the in-game set team ups versus 3 strong heroes? Sometimes I see combos suggested on forums/reddit that are not actual synergistic comps (at least not insofar as getting a bonus). Is that fine?

It's really held me back from farming some heroes I like because there are few people whom I also like that the game says pairs with them.

The scarcity of dimension debris continues to be a problem for me.

Debris is meant to be a bottleneck in gearing up your character. That being said, you can get several hundred debris daily quite easily focusing on rifts.

So how important is using the in-game set team ups versus 3 strong heroes? Sometimes I see combos suggested on forums/reddit that are not actual synergistic comps (at least not insofar as getting a bonus). Is that fine?

It's really held me back from farming some heroes I like because there are few people whom I also like that the game says pairs with them.

The only time I really bother with pre-set teams is when there is a single character that's super strong who can benefit from a bunch of bonuses and be fine alone. A good example being Carnage in the Carnage Rebirth team. Aside from that, mixing powerful characters that synergize is much more beneficial.

Oooo I see a Tier-2 Mega Advancement Ticket has crept in too, hope that becomes available solo for crystals soon!
What does the Mega Advancement Ticket cover? Does it take the character's Gears to 20 + cover the Gold, Bios, Nord Stones, R1 BAMs and Chaos Stones costs or just the upgrade costs?

If it's the latter then even buying the $65 bundle with the T2 Ticket, 6* Mega Rank Up Ticket and 6* Mega Mastery Ticket wouldn't be enough to T2 a character because the character would still need a ton of bios for gear maxing.

What does the Mega Advancement Ticket cover? Does it take the character's Gears to 20 + cover the Gold, Bios, Nord Stones, R1 BAMs and Chaos Stones costs or just the upgrade costs?

If it's the latter then even buying the $65 bundle with the T2 Ticket, 6* Mega Rank Up Ticket and 6* Mega Mastery Ticket wouldn't be enough to T2 a character because the character would still need a ton of bios for gear maxing.

Covers everything.

And more free bios inc.

1465893367678.jpg

Covers everything.
As in it could be used on a lvl 1, 1* character?

That still wouldn't make the $65 bundle worth purchasing, imo. However, the bundle would at least have some extra value if the 6* Megas can be used on someone else besides the character the T2 ticket is going towards.

Loving that Dimension Rifts are popping up so frequently now!

Oh and three of the characters I'm farming for are in this week's check-in event, so very pleased with that.

As in it could be used on a lvl 1, 1* character?

That still wouldn't make the $65 bundle worth purchasing, imo. However, the bundle would at least have some extra value if the 6* Megas can be used on someone else besides the character the T2 ticket is going towards.

You have to first be 6*, then the T2 ticket does all the rest from what I understand (so you could use the two Mega tickets on other characters if you want). And you're lucky it's $65, as it's $80 on iOS.

Amzin

Hey all, I just started playing this a couple weeks ago, sort of casually for sure. So far feel like I understand everything except the "Change Option" part of gear... wtf does that all mean? How does that work? What the heck is auto-change? I looked at this on the wiki and it didn't really clarify anything for me. Is there a coherent explanation anywhere?

Hey all, I just started playing this a couple weeks ago, sort of casually for sure. So far feel like I understand everything except the "Change Option" part of gear... wtf does that all mean? How does that work? What the heck is auto-change? I looked at this on the wiki and it didn't really clarify anything for me. Is there a coherent explanation anywhere?

You can choose what bonus stat(s) you have on your gear. Every time your gear hits a certain breakpoint (for example level 6 or 9), you gain the ability to add an extra stat to your gear. It's randomly selected for you when you level up your gear to that level, but you can have the option to change it, which is what this is. "Auto-change" just let's you quickly go through 10 rerolls until it hits the option you want.

It took me like a minute to realize you meant to say sexiest.

Hot damn, iPhone spell correct really made that into something totally different than I intended.

Today was a good day. First ever 5/5 on World Boss mode. My teams:
1) Ronan (L) / Loki / Red Skull
2) Team Pym (Giant Man L)
3) Wasp (L) / Spider-Gwen / She Hulk
4) Warwolf (L) / Quake / Iron Fist
5) Carnage (L) / Silk / Hulkbuster

Glad I listened to folks about Iron Fist absolutely melting World Bosses. I mean...hot damn. I buffed him up nicely with Warwolf and Quake, and then watched his 5th skill take massive chunks of life off the boss. He's a beast. T2 might be overkill for him, but Danny is my boy!

I can't wait to 6* Danny! I can already see the potential of his 5* skill and I haven't even buffed his gears yet. Crazy damage.

Also, the custom gear system is so much better now that the first skill is locked. I had given up on trying to farm gears for my heroes, but now I can actually start paying attention to the gears I collect now and upgrade them accordingly.

Amzin

You can choose what bonus stat(s) you have on your gear. Every time your gear hits a certain breakpoint (for example level 6 or 9), you gain the ability to add an extra stat to your gear. It's randomly selected for you when you level up your gear to that level, but you can have the option to change it, which is what this is. "Auto-change" just let's you quickly go through 10 rerolls until it hits the option you want.

OK that really cleared it up, thanks! Now I just have to figure out what the most desired options might be but I have to imagine I'm pretty far away from that mattering much yet :p

OK that really cleared it up, thanks! Now I just have to figure out what the most desired options might be but I have to imagine I'm pretty far away from that mattering much yet :p

Yeah, you can min/max later. ;D

But for starters, if you want to play with it a little:

For 1st Gear:

Check your characters skills/stats and see if they are physical or energy damage (If you see both, roll All Attack)

If they are one or the other, roll Physical or Energy Attack by lvl for 1st option. Then roll the matching attack type or All Attack for the rest.

For 2nd gear (all characters):

1st option: Physical or Energy Defense by lvl
other options: All Defense

For 3rd gear:

1st option: HP by lvl
Rest: HP

The 4th gear is dependent on the character. So you can roll these later when you get used to the game. But those first few should get you started.

Disclaimer!

These are just my opinion and what I personally use and I am in no way saying these are the most optimal. I know some long time players may disagree with some of these. I just wanted to give you a general idea on how to play with the rerolls.

Did something happen with the hulk? He is in the top percentage that people are spending to upgrade using the 20 bios. What's the deal?

Also is Hyperion worthwhile to 6 stars? Is yondu now worthwhile to 6 stars?

-Digits-

For 1st Gear:

Check your characters skills/stats and see if they are physical or energy damage (If you see both, roll All Attack)

If they are one or the other, roll Physical or Energy Attack by lvl for 1st option. Then roll the matching attack type or All Attack for the rest.

All characters use only physical or energy, actually.
Some characters do have skills that do energy damage while they're physical characters or vice versa but those skills still scale with the characters main stat. You can see that in the skill description, for example War Machine's repulsor shot says it does physical attack 36% energy damage which means it scales with the physical attack stat but the actual attack is energy damage. Your energy attack stat does nothing for this skill.
All attack is still good to keep when you roll it but no character actually needs it.
You can see what your main stat is by checking the skill description or the stat that is on your first gear (although some actually have all attack on it).

Solid advice otherwise!

So after about a day of playing with this update, I gotta say I'm loving it. The VS change (which I'm sure will be the most divisive) is lovely for me as I can just blow up the hard boss and get my six Cho bios instead of having to trudge through VS10-12, which most nights I didn't even bother doing. Just having to spend less time in all the modes is a godsend for my schedule. With all this restructuring of things, I'm hopeful the next update will be substantial in terms of new content. And with the change to special missions, I think we may finally get more of them!

Did something happen with the hulk? He is in the top percentage that people are spending to upgrade using the 20 bios. What's the deal?

Also is Hyperion worthwhile to 6 stars? Is yondu now worthwhile to 6 stars?

Nothing happened with the Hulk, it might just be because he's the toughest "main" Avenger to get. Hyperion is worth 6*-ing, but he doesn't look like he'll be changing the meta in any way. And Yondu is looking promising now. I still have to test his base skill-set against his uniformed one, but I have some hopes that he may be a solid choice for speed day AB.

Some characters do have skills that do energy damage while they're physical characters or vice versa but those skills still scale with the characters main stat. You can see that in the skill description, for example War Machine's repulsor shot says it does physical attack 36% energy damage which means it scales with the physical attack stat but the actual attack is energy damage. Your energy attack stat does nothing for this skill.
All attack is still good to keep when you roll it but no character actually needs it.
You can see what your main stat is by checking the skill description or the stat that is on your first gear (although some actually have all attack on it).

Solid advice otherwise!

There are two exceptions to this: Coulson and Ghost Rider. From what people have found, Coulson's summons benefit from his physical attack stat, and Ghost Rider's Penance Stare has a damage cap increased by his physical attack stat. So these two should have all attack.

Never heard of Hyperion. I lol'd at his bio, he really is shit Superman.

Glad Yondu, Ronan, and Malekith got better costumes. Too bad I don't use them at all. Give me a Yellowjacket uni!

Drayco21

Never heard of Hyperion. I lol'd at his bio, he really is shit Superman.

They've done a lot of really great stuff with him lately as part of their weird Hyperion push, and he even became the secret best version of Superman being published in comics when Hickman started using him.

I really want bad future bearded costumes for him and Thor in the future.

-Digits-

There are two exceptions to this: Coulson and Ghost Rider. From what people have found, Coulson's summons benefit from his physical attack stat, and Ghost Rider's Penance Stare has a damage cap increased by his physical attack stat. So these two should have all attack.

Ah, I had no idea about that. I'll remember that, thanks!

Solid advice otherwise!

Fantastic! I was a little iffy on certain characters attack properties. Thank you both!

Amzin

Thanks for the help all. Definitely cleaned up my stuff a bit with that. What a wonky description/interface they have for it though :p

Already have another question on leveling - my main characters just hit 32 today but leveling seems to have reallllllyyyyy slowed down from ~30 onward. I'm guessing once you're max level and have max level stages unlocked you can level alts pretty quickly by putting them in free spots in your party, but for that first grind up, is it worth burning a ton of those XP chips to keep up with the stage levels? So far my characters are clearing the level 37 story stages with only a little risk even at 32 but unless I stop and grind a whole ton I'm not gonna make it much farther.

-Digits-

Thanks for the help all. Definitely cleaned up my stuff a bit with that. What a wonky description/interface they have for it though :p

Already have another question on leveling - my main characters just hit 32 today but leveling seems to have reallllllyyyyy slowed down from ~30 onward. I'm guessing once you're max level and have max level stages unlocked you can level alts pretty quickly by putting them in free spots in your party, but for that first grind up, is it worth burning a ton of those XP chips to keep up with the stage levels? So far my characters are clearing the level 37 story stages with only a little risk even at 32 but unless I stop and grind a whole ton I'm not gonna make it much farther.

Yeah, you can burn the XP chips without worry to get them up faster. Leveling characters does indeed get a little quicker once you have a character that can solo the last chapter, but even then it'll still take a while!
There are extra XP events once in a while, keep an eye out for them.

Alur

That was going to be my question. I have a group that is hovering around level 47 and at the end of chapter 8. The content is level 49, and they are at the point where I am having to be on my game to not lose a body on each run. Seems like the leveling is gating more heavily than the ranking for me so far.

On the subject of ranking, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I read Doc Octopus had the Superior Spider-man suit and I went for that. It also appears to be considered decent, so I had a 6 star ticket and 6 starred him. From there, though, things get murky.

I have another 6 star ticket and a 5 star ticket I'm sitting on.

I run my main group with Superior Spider-man/Blingpin/Red Skull. I also have other groups I use that are lower level that include Falcon/Vision/Miles Morales, Spider-man (5 star)/Daredevil (5 star)/Punisher (4 star), and a fourth group that right now consists of Rocket Raccoon (3 star), Yondu (2 star), and Moon Knight (2 star).

I'd like to grab one of the new costumes, but I don't use any of those heroes outside of Yondu. I really wanna use one of those tickets I mentioned on Yondu, but I also don't wanna be pigeon-holed into his new costume. It looks awesome, but doesn't use the arrow and that's the coolest part of using the character for me. Is he even worth it regardless of costume? Beyond Yondu, who should I use the other ticket on? I have Carnage and Loki at 2 stars. I don't want to use the "floki" costume, though, so not sure if he's worth ranking up without it. I also considered Yellowjacket or Falcon (w/ one of his costumes).

The extent of my knowledge is that Blingpin and Carnage are good. Floki is great. So any help would be appreciated!

Top Bottom