• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
servers are up. the BOGO sale is back (buy a hero, get a random hero)

whats up with the little box on the upper right corner of each hero portrait, is that for team ups?

edit: whooooooooa the unique crafting is SHIT. it needs 3 of the SAME unique, not 3 duplicate uniques.

Vecks

I'm like 1100g short of buying ghost rider. Is there no way to get a small amount of g's (100) or am I gonna have to drop $15? Because I am sure as hell not grinding up my splinters to 600 again x_x

O_O
Did you miss the +15% G sale?
That would've given you 1150 for 1000.

O_O
Did you miss the +15% G sale?
That would've given you 1150 for 1000.

yes, sadly. I could barely play that weekend and forgot about it until after it was over :(

edit: yoooo I just read star lord comes out sometime around the movie this year. I guess I might just jump on the $20 pack and save the rest of my gs for him. That way I can get a bonus 100g.

KePoW

Banned
What the hell am I supposed to do with these single uniques for heroes I don't own that are clogging up my inventory? B.S.

You know you have the option to sell them right? It's not a dev's fault if a player is an OCD packrat haha... I've sold tons of uniques and it hasn't killed me =P

KePoW

Banned
edit: whooooooooa the unique crafting is SHIT. it needs 3 of the SAME unique, not 3 duplicate uniques.

Dude what do you think the word "duplicate" means??

We already tried to explain it to you last page, but I guess you still didn't understand.

Of course you have to put the same item in the crafting recipe slots. They're not gonna have some algorithm where it searches all your characters inventories or paperdolls or different stash tabs... that's not realistic whatsoever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dude what do you think the word "duplicate" means??

duplicate means the same item twice. which I have, plenty of them. just nobody said it had to be 3 or 4 of the SAME duplicate, hence why I was asking earlier if the game would "know" if the item was in fact, a duplicate. but hey, youre right, im a moron aparently for thinking that when they announce you can toss duplicates in the blender, I could...toss my duplicates in a blender, not have to have 3 of the same duplicate (good lord how extreme are those cases anyway? uniques dont drop THAT much)

anyway, it is what it is, its still better than nothing. moving on, XDEF is all doctors, did 3 and it was 1 panther (me) and 4 doctors, another was 2 panthers and 3 doctors, and this last one again me and 4 doctors. All shit runs too, all I see is dead stranges all the time. is he super squishy or are people not using medkits :p

Shuri costume is awesome, Strange defenders costume is awful in my opinion, guess ill use the default until Clea is out or something. Panther seems cool, unfortunately she has some mechanics that dont really work with this game's UI...well, 1 mechanic, the basic and aoe spells that stack up to 5 debuffs on mobs and then the dash that does more dmg the more stacks they have, theres no real good way to know how many stacks they have, except counting the hits I guess, which isnt ideal at all. I'd rather just be using the 40% to bosses spell instead to be honest. Also, she has amazing passives. Cant wait for the bodyguards, I assume they didnt change the bodyguard models for Shuri costume (male bodyguards)?

You know you have the option to sell them right? It's not a dev's fault if a player is an OCD packrat haha... I've sold tons of uniques and it hasn't killed me =P

Selling uniques is way less effective than hoarding them for some future purpose, imo. They are worth less than 200 credits/crafter xp usually. Plus I'm at credit cap, and there are way better options for leveling up the vendors. I just want a way to throw in all of the uniques I don't want together to get a single new one...I don't see why this isn't the way it is. Having to have 4 of the exact same unique in order to get a single random usable one (including another one of the four I just put in) is outrageous...by the time I get 4 of the exact same unique, I'll have gotten all of the usable ones on that hero anyway. It should work just like the costume blender...ffs just make us add an unstable molecule or something to balance it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Haven't been playing much, but just redeemed that code. I'm hoping I get human torch or black panther.

inky

Just came back from seeing Cap. Man, if you like the movies you should not miss it.

Oh shit, free stuffs! Thanks. Edit: got a Scarlet Witch Token. Cool. She is my only starter at 60 =D

Vecks

Scrapped my uniques for rune boxes.

m42BaOV.jpg

d1RKzSi.jpg

Still no Thor rune.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all,

We discovered a server issue that is causing issues with players being unable to party, join queues, and is causing long load times. Thankfully, our engineers are already checking in a fix for this and we're starting the build process now.

We're hoping to publish this fix around 7:00PM PDT or so with hopefully minimal downtime and little to no download size (it's a server-side patch!)

hamchan

Oh god, that buy a hero get a random free hero promotion is back. Last time I ended up buying like 5 heroes and managed to get 5 new heroes, for a total of 10 new heroes. This time though I'll probably avoid it since there's less chance of me getting something new. Still, it's a really awesome promotion.

Guess I'll go play RoS until the loading times are fixed.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if you highlight a skill in skill tree and press the key u want it set it it will put it there (instead of dragging)

what i didnt know that. (from livestream)

Oh god, that buy a hero get a random free hero promotion is back. Last time I ended up buying like 5 heroes and managed to get 5 new heroes, for a total of 10 new heroes. This time though I'll probably avoid it since there's less chance of me getting something new. Still, it's a really awesome promotion.

Guess I'll go play RoS until the loading times are fixed.

I bought Ms. Marvel and ended up with a dupe Moon Knight from the random box, but the new starter hero I got from the promo code fooled me into believing that it somehow all worked out!

KePoW

Banned

You might as well keep doing it until you get one dupe.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
david confirmed mr fantastic on stream by mistake for this yea r:D

cable is only 400 splinters tho
I'm only at 70-something splinters currently. :(
Do you just not have much time for gaming? Ever since I got a job in the industry my time has been drastically reduced, but I have collected around 600 splinters over the last month not even playing every day.

I have very little time with my new job now. :(

Also, how do you redeem the mystery hero box code? The link I click just brings me to the news page and I don't see a spot to redeem it...

I got storm which is sort of who I wish I started with so can't complain! But the lack of compensation for choosing her and beating the story is kind of pointless now. :p

Vecks

God, these loading times are killing me.

Yeah, it can be insanely long. More time to visit this thread.

They said the fix will be coming in about 3 hours. I guess they definitely want it fixed for tomorrow's event.

EDIT: This is the worst time for terminal boost. I think I'll just go to sleep.

J-Tier

I didn't get that much lag. Managed to get Doctor Strange to lvl 60 4 hours ago. Still need more of his uniques though.

Rhaknar

morning. I was also getting some weird lag last night leveling Panther, but I thought it was on my end (although my connection seemed fine), guess not.

edit: crafted a costume, got wolverine xforce. pretty good although I have fear itself. but, its a good alternative for when I want a normal wolverine look (its probably the best for that along with classic brown)

Rhaknar

Yeah, the loading times are forever now, and there seems to be a lot of issues serverside (enemies just disappearing and all).

they seem fine to me today, and no lag either.

edit: so aparently on the stream they confirmed Silver Surfer will NOT come out this year. Im not bitching about having the advance pack, because it DID say that some herroes might slip into 2015... that being said, this 1 hero a month schedule is fun, and I wonder if they will have maybe one of those 200 splinter heroes they are working on (beast or x-23) some month this year just to keep up with the 1 a month streak

Rhaknar

Black Panther is lucky number 19, think ill finish Ironman before starting Strange

LuuKyK

Some more info from the stream (all answered by Doomsaw) about future characters and other things (I highlighted the new characters):

Likelihood in percentage for the following as playables (not team-ups):

Firestar: 100%

Magik: 100% : Less then 36 months but more than 12 for a playable release.

Dazzler: 100% (But not in the top 20 team ups probably)

Magma: TBD

Rachel Summers: TBD

Dani Moonstar: 80%

X-23: By the end of the year is the best guess. She will be pretty sweet. We have lots of costumes for her. She will be different from Wolverine.

And Wolverine will get his review after Black Widow.

Gambit: New Death costume soon.

Scarlet Spider: Not on the development schedule.

In-Game Clock: Possibly go in the top left corner.

Trade Window: In about 5 weeks.

Beast: Will be the next 200 ES side project after X-23. We love him! He will also be a new vendor.

Nick Fury: Should be a team up and playable.

Sandman: As a raid boss? Would be awesome.

Scarlet Witch: Confirmed Wiccan costume.

Punisher: His Battle Van is definitely coming with the Lvl 52 review. The cornerstone of his new Ult.

Squirrel Girl: Quality of life review for the next big patch.

Elektra: She'll definitely be a team up before playable.

Sentry: As playable? He's kind of boring, possibly Hyperion.

Ghost Rider: Lady Ghost Rider is not approved yet, but she looks great.

Captain Mar Vell: Some spoilers possibly in Chicago.

NEW One-Shot Terminals: A new terminal more story focused, instead of just running to kill a boss. A way to tell many different Marvel stories. Almost a new mini-chapter every month.

Jubilee: On the to do list to be playable, but not in the next advanced pack, but she will be done.

Ant-Man & Wasp: Definitely want to do. Definitely not this year as playable or team-up.

Guild-Leveling Feature: No time estimate on that yet.

Angel: No finished design yet for him.

Namor: No plans for him.

I think what they said about Silver Surfer also is important (since some people have complained about the Advance Pack stuff):
Silver Surfer isn't delayed, he is just the final advance pack hero in our tentative schedule which is likely January 2015 (or possibly December 2014).

Top Bottom