• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

Yep. Sometimes. It really bugs my OCD, as it won't do it. I tried dropping them all and picking them back up. No dice.

Usually the ones that can't stack are the ones you get from random NPCs in the environment, the ones that appear on mini events and you just have to talk to/save. I just don't pick those up.

J-Tier

Usually the ones that can't stack are the ones you get from random NPCs in the environment, the ones that appear on mini events and you just have to talk to/save. I just don't pick those up.

Ah, thanks for the info inky. That's pretty dumb. I wonder if they know about this.

Wallach

Sigh. Really disliking how you get all the vital skills for characters well after finishing campaign.

Capt really has no real mobbing move until then either.

It isn't that way for all of them. Punisher is nearly in full swing very early on from what I hear, and Hulk doesn't actually change a whole lot from around the middle of the campaign on. You really just get a charge move which is more of a luxury than anything.

Also, keep an eye on gear around your level because items can grant skills well above the level of the item.

I just had my first run through Wundagore 1, with a competent team too.
Halfway through killing the boss (Venom), I get randomly disconnected :(
I never get disconnected and for it to happen at a time like that? Fucking unbelievable.
Makes me wanna punch God in the face :mad:

Also, I saw a Cable player wearing this outfit...

2013-07-06_00005.jpg

Ive seen alot of Cables but Ive never seen that outfit. Its not in the store and his chase costume is different in the picture I saw, so I dunno where its from.

Wallach

Ive seen alot of Cables but Ive never seen that outfit. Its not in the store and his chase costume is different in the picture I saw, so I dunno where its from.

It's his newest costume; I don't know if it is drop only or will be added into the store with the other newer ones (like Hulk as War) but they're in the game already. Guess you can also get them randomly via crafting with a high level crafter.

They actually called that one his "Bjorn" costume, which I thought was pretty funny.

J-Tier

Something does seem funny; it has disconnected me twice since posting and I've never before been disconnected from the game before this. Server troubles may be afoot.

Yeah, this seems to be the case. Maps only load partially, and it's been lagging and kicking me off.

DrBo42

I picked Hawkeye as my starter and found him pretty boring too. Just kinda stiff with some dull attacks.

Bought Hulk straight away and had a lot more fun. Also have Daredevil (you get a second starter hero after completing the prologue bits) and Thing (which I got for completing the story first time) and they're both also more interesting. Thing is a lot like Hulk, but without as much AoE carnage and a lot more group utility and defensive power. I got a Thing token to drop right after I unlocked him, too; I'd give it to you to try but I guess they are account bound. Seems you can only use duplicate tokens to upgrade that character's ultimate skill.

There'a few videos now on my Twitch channel of some Hulk action if you want to see what he looks like. When I stream tomorrow I might buy another hero to level up, leaning towards Punisher at the moment, if you have any interest in him and want to see how he works.

Thanks for the info. How's Iron Man?

Wallach

Couldn't say for sure. He seems to be the focus of a lot of attention right now and just got a lot of buffs in the most recent patch at least. Has at least twice as many costume options as any other character if that's your bag. Seems to be a fairly durable ranged damage hero that, like Hulk, doesn't bring any group-specific utility (to reflect their comic personalities I suppose).

From what I heard pre-patch, his "optimal" build was pants-on-head stupid and everyone said to avoid him, but you'd have to read up on how effective the latest changes were to see how things are currently. Since he's a high cost hero (2000g normally in the store) I suspect they've got him as a reasonably high priority still.

Shit for the price. They buffed some stuff up but it's still stupid that the optimal build is missile spam.

Has a terrible normal attack and is just overall weird atm.

Will probably be decent someday but not today if you come in looking to play as 'ironman'.

DrBo42

As for Iron Man, this is sad news.

Is Spider-Man as shit tier as he appears? I just want to sit back and pew pew and melt faces. Cyclops maybe?

Is Spider-Man as shit tier as he appears? I just want to sit back and pew pew and melt faces. Cyclops maybe?

IMO Cable and Deadpool seems like a good fit for you. Cyclops just had his ulti nerfed, idk how bad it is but sometimes its really hard to see bosses/mobs when he uses it. That and lvling Cyclops is a pain i hear

Both Cable and Deadpool get teleports (Deapool's better), both get moves where you literally stand still and melt enemies. Cable is more defensive and has more survivability with his shields and bubble. Deadpool is more agile because of the infinite range of his teleport and short cd of his teleport (cable's increases in range the higher you lvl it whereas for DP as you lvl it you just decrease the spirit cost) and can drop powerups (little hulk dolls=dmg powerup, teddy bears = medkits). One thing about Deadpool is that his melee tree is worthless at the moment, he's also a super easy/fun character to lvl (foot gougers and learning to kite enemies is all you need until you get Shoot All the Bullets). He's voiced by Nolan North and has a bunch of one liners (can be grating if you hear them too much)

Wallach

Cable and Deadpool are probably the strongest overall ranged characters at the moment. Cyclops and Punisher seem good for doing ranged damage but have it harder solo, and Punisher really doesn't have anything else going for him but damage (though I suspect that as things continue to go forward they'll give him the highest DPS to make up for that). Of those I think the Punisher is the least "involved" gameplay wise just because a lot of his skills aren't super useful, but his good ones are really strong. Mostly just channeling a long range cone AoE, rolling to dodge, tossing some mines and hitting a spirit boost button every 7 seconds. Deadpool seems similar to Punisher but his utility skills are better so you'll be hitting them a lot more often, especially in groups. Cyclops is somewhere between those, doing a lot of channeling his basic beam power, rolling around and hitting his group buffs, while Cable seems to do a lot of active power spamming (group aura, putting up barrier, teleport, psychic damage, vortex grenade, etc).

As far as balancing characters to their cost, Cable is probably the most solid ranged purchase as things stand. I don't think Deadpool is worth paying almost twice as much (including the sale discount) unless you really like him as a character. Punisher and Cyclops would be good choices too, though I'm not buying Cyclops unless I come across his 90's X-Men costume.

I'm currently trying to decide between Cable and Punisher for my second purchase tomorrow myself. Personally I like Punisher more as a character but he clearly needs a lot more design work than Cable. The nice thing about these two is that I think their default costumes are better than their store costumes. I'd only really switch for one of their chase costumes.

yogloo

How I feel while playing as cyclops.

Level 5
eGDe7N9.jpg

Level 10
ARQ37Ax.jpg

Level 15
LG5qAJ0.jpg

Level 20
TaTHKPA.jpg

Level 30
7zQqNqB.jpg

Cyclops is boring during the mid levels because you are basically relying only on one skill to fight (ricochet shot). I really enjoy using him after I unlocked all of his moves on level 30.

DrBo42

Ended up buying Cyclops and Cap. Cap is actually pretty interesting in terms of play style. Cyclops is exactly what I wanted for laser spam. Effect looks so good.

Ended up buying Cyclops and Cap. Cap is actually pretty interesting in terms of play style. Cyclops is exactly what I wanted for laser spam. Effect looks so good.

Cap has become very popular, from what I can see. The sale and news of his shield block skill (or whatever its called) must have drawn in a lot of customers.
I also saw this Storm costume for the first time too. I think it looks terrible but its nice to see new outfits anyway.

2013-07-06_00007.jpg

I also saw this Storm costume for the first time too. I think it looks terrible but its nice to see new outfits anyway.

I actually had that storm costume drop last night while doing a t3 red run with people in the gaf supergroup. Not a huge fan of it but I'll still wear it to have something a little different from most other storms.

DrBo42

Going through the game with Spidey, live. twitch.tv/drbo42

Edit: At some point I decided to check the options and noticed I was playing at the lowest graphics settings. About 15 hours of play before I changed it... It's an entirely different game now. Fuck.

Really having hard time getting drive to play this anymore. The terminal stuff has gotten boring quickly and the pvp is a total pointless waste of time.

Leveling other heroes is still ok but it's getting repetitive.

hamchan

Yeah I think i'll probably stop playing for now and wait until they add more endgame content. Just want new difficulty levels for the story mode and I'm back in.

Xevren

Yeah I think i'll probably stop playing for now and wait until they add more endgame content. Just want new difficulty levels for the story mode and I'm back in.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I like the gameplay and all, but there's very little content and running terminals/limbo gets very boring after awhile.

Wallach

Well, hopefully that new endgame mode they are working on doesn't take too long to show up for you guys.

I told myself I wasn't gonna buy Thor unless I came across his Destroyer armor, and my Fortune Card from tonight decided to be nice and make that my first ever costume pick up. Huzzah!

Xevren

Is anyone here a big fan of visual effects on their character? I have a pair of arts that just have visual effects and wondering if anyone wants them. If not I'm trashing them. Figured if someone likes that stuff they can just add it from crafting or whatever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is anyone here a big fan of visual effects on their character? I have a pair of arts that just have visual effects and wondering if anyone wants them. If not I'm trashing them. Figured if someone likes that stuff they can just add it from crafting or whatever.
Is there anywhere I can go to see what they all look like?

Have a bunch of items myself that I don't want to bind unless I know. The barren wiki wasn't helpful last time I checked either.

Wallach

I wouldn't mind stuff that might fight Thor, like the Lightning Nimbus or the wind effect or something.

yogloo

Can you unbind stuff?

Can you unbind stuff?

Only with a matrix of unbinding. Ive got 2 of them from Fortune Cards. Never seen one from a drop.
All the visual costume effects are terrible, except for the one that makes character larger and that is only a good idea on certain characters (like Hulk for example).
The worst offender is the one that has those yellow spiky looking balls, orbiting around the player. Truly tacky.

yogloo

Only with a matrix of unbinding. Ive got 2 of them from Fortune Cards. Never seen one from a drop.
All the visual costume effects are terrible, except for the one that makes character larger and that is only a good idea on certain characters (like Hulk for example).
The worst offender is the one that has those yellow spiky looking balls, orbiting around the player. Truly tacky.

Around crafter level 7 you get the option to unbind stuff with a matrix of unbinding. Around crafter level 16 and 17, the crafter lets you unbind gear and artifacts for a fee over 200,000.

Ouch. That's expensive.

Over 300 hours played and I finally got my second hero drop. Daredevil.
Admittedly, he wouldnt have been my hero choice, if I had one, but I was just relieved to find someone new.
Interestingly, it was only today that I removed all the Special Item find gear from my characters, after finding nothing with a reasonably high SIF% for so long and hearing talk of how this equipment is actually counter productive. Maybe its just a coincidence?
I only had a SIF% of 20 something, when I found my only other character.
My Black Panther had the tiniest sliver of rested xp remaining when I beat Taskmaster from the red terminal and a SIF of 18% (I couldnt remove it as its a core tied to his outfit).
I would have been over the moon, if I got Punisher or Jean Grey.

2013-07-09_00001.jpg

Thing, Storm and Hawkeye are great. Scarlet Witch has weak mobility and dps but has a somewhat unique gameplan. Playing Daredevil has been miserable and he's probably one of the worst in the game with his lack of good ranged moves and weak defense.

Thing, Storm and Hawkeye are great. Scarlet Witch has weak mobility and dps but has a somewhat unique gameplan. Playing Daredevil has been miserable and he's probably one of the worst in the game with his lack of good ranged moves and weak defense.

At higher levels with 70% dodge rate, Daredevil is actually pretty dang solid. He's a heck of a lot more durable than Storm and Scarlet Witch.

pretty disappointing that the story mode doesn't go to lvl 60. Is there no 'hard mode' or anything?

Are they planning on doing more story stuff from like... what 24ish to 60?

pretty disappointing that the story mode doesn't go to lvl 60. Is there no 'hard mode' or anything?

Are they planning on doing more story stuff from like... what 24ish to 60?

Story is supposed to cover to about 30. They said they want to add several higher difficulty story modes plus new endgame zones.

J-Tier

All I need is Pym's Shrinking Serum and/or Fearsome Fists of Farallah and my Black Panther will be complete.

Chances I'll find either of those...?

=(

Top Bottom