• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
You've got a hero or costume when you've been by yourself?
Ive gotten Fortune Cards, Retcons and artifacts whilst alone, but never a hero or costume.

Of course you can get hero and costume tokens solo.

Just because you haven't, I don't know why you're assuming that.

OK thanks guys. Good to know its possible.

Of course you can get hero and costume tokens solo.

Just because you haven't, I don't know why you're assuming that.

I was leaning towards it being impossible because I was solo-ing red terminals after the 20 hour reset, with rested xp and consistently getting horrible drops from bosses ( eg only 2x blue items and a shard).

bad habit of buying new characters and playing like 10 levels and repeating... but wow, cable... so good.

that concussion shot is soo satisfying in terms of sound and people bouncing away.

and his kinect stuff are great and kinda op.

Wallach

Man every time I check their forums there's pages of new info about upcoming stuff. How big is their team? Either they have a huge staff or they're working in permanent crunch mode.

Anyway, check this out: https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/50739-Complete-Limbo-Revamp-Midtown-Manhattan-Patrol

They're basically taking current limbo out of the game and replacing it with something that doesn't suck ass. Here's the quoted version if you don't want to log in over there:

Doomsaw said:
Hi folks,

When you log on to the test server, you’ll notice our new upgraded version of Limbo called “Survival Challenge Limbo – Midtown Manhattan”

Limbo “Midtown Manhattan Patrol” will be the first of the new and improved Limbo maps, completely upgrading and replacing the current Limbo in every way. Other versions of Limbo may be added to the game in the future as we improve the design and the technology.

Here are the goals for the Limbo Survival Challenge revamp:

1. Awesome experience and loot. Midtown Limbo has greater rewards than Limbo if you are an active, aggressive player and much fewer rewards if you just sit in one place doing nothing. (No surprise here, as it should be).

2. More variety of fun. The level design team has gone all out with encounters, ambushes, civilian rescues and lots of superheroic fights in the zone. It has more action than any other zone in the game and truly tests how much of a hero you are.

3. More boss fights. Instead of waiting 15 minutes for a boss fight, you wait 2-3 minutes to defend the zone from a villain supergroup. (Some of these boss combinations are pretty insane).
4. Better performance. Midtown Limbo has 10 players adventuring over 10 city blocks, along with fully optimized maps and terrain.

5. No waiting. You can enter Midtown Limbo whenever you wish. No more cooldown of 30 minutes – it’s now 0 minutes. You can also enter at every level of the game and have a version of Limbo Midtown for you.

6. Play as long as you wish. You can literally stay forever and keep defending the zone from supervillian groups and saving civilians. Everything is randomly generated, so you will continue to see new things the longer you stay.

7. Get rid of "threat" level and bosses one-shotting everyone. The bosses will now be tuned exactly appropriately for the zone. They will be very difficult, but not insane.

That’s it. Basically everything we believe should be in a zone is the new version of Limbo - Midtown Patrol. (Exact name in progress).

When you log into the zone, you will be able to enter the zone using terminals or just walking out of Avengers Tower right into Manhattan.

It will require a lot of tuning and iteration to make sure power level, rewards and mob density are correct, so we’ll be watching the test results closely over the next couple of weeks.

J-Tier

Is anyone here playing on the test server? I'm tentatively interested, particularly if we actually get something out of doing it.

Have they explained the process of playing on the test server yet? Do we still have our normal roster / gear? Is everything you get there (drops, exp, loot, credits, etc...) exclusive to that server or can we at least keep leveling up while using it.

GManDH

Test server is suppose to go up Wed. they claim that everyone will be eligible to play on it, but then said that the roster of the ppl that can play on the server hasnt been decided yet.

GManDH

Another new piece of info. i recommend that if you are a part of the forum you comment because this is a much part of the game.

Hi all,

In an upcoming patch we’ll be improving the rested experience system!

Our goals related to this change:

1. Let you play whichever hero you want, whenever you want.

2. Remove frustration from game systems so we can focus on fun and freedom.

3. Avoid complex systems that are difficult to understand.

The plan is this:

1. We no longer have “rested experience” and “unrested experience”. Instead, experience is buffed as a whole (slightly) so it feels right at all levels of the game in all zones. We have already begun this process, as you have noticed.

2. Instead of associating boosts with rested experience, give a boost to everyone at all times. We think it’s fun to find new gear and we’re in the process of adding many new item types so it’s the perfect time to slightly increase the drop rates across the board.

3. Instead of punishing players who wish to play one hero for a long period of time, we add new, clear incentives to play multiple heroes. We've hinted at our upcoming Hero Synergy System, and we’ll explain more in the coming days.

We’re pretty sure this is a win-win situation for everyone and will just add more fun to the game, with less frustration and confusion.

Before we implement this, we would like your feedback, so let us hear it.

Thanks!

There are a ton of things we can and will do to reward people who play a single hero, particularly with level 50-60 content.

Yesterday we mapped out a very interesting relic system that will do this, for example. We'll talk more about it later this month.

Moondrop

Banned
Let's not gloss over the most important test server question:

When will be able to test the unreleased heroes (Torch/Cage/Nova/Emma/Squirrel Girl)?

Killigath

I'd like to join the supergroup when someone gets a chance to invite me. Mostly play during the day. Work in tech support. This is a good down time filler :)

J-Tier

Anyone need a Cosmic Bulwark Rifle? (Before I donate it to vendor).

For Cable.

Stats:
+37 Damage

+4% atk speed
+1 to Psychic Trap
+7 to Concussion Blast
5% chance to burn target for 112 energy damage over 5 seconds
43% defense penetration to any basic power

+1 to current rank of all powers/6% chance to become invulnerable when hit

Level Required: 42

I bought a stash slot. I really had no choice. There was just too much stuff I didnt want to junk.
Considering Ive racked up well over 300 hours and only spent $35 so far, I dont feel like Im getting too bad of a deal.

Moondrop

Banned
I have a full crafting tab. I keep one of every type of costume core as well as one of each crafting material.

No, it's not the best use of money, but they keep giving me extra Gs for some reason. I'm the type that's more likely to horde junk for future performance rather than buy extra costumes.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I've bought 1 crafting tab and 1 normal stash tab. All of them are full now and I desperately need more space but I'm trying to hold out in hopes they make things stackable. Especially the Unstable Molecules, they are the worse!

Wallach

Test server didn't go up today, but there doesn't seem to be any news about it on the forums. Only thing I saw was that the new forums are going live tomorrow.

I had a pretty lucky run today. I got Things white outfit, a new character (Hawkeye) and best of all, I got Scarlet Witchs Romani outfit. This is the outfit I wanted the most in the whole game and it dropped off of Red Sinister. What are the odds!? I dont think Ive felt so lucky in a video game before.
Ive found 3 costumes now and all of them were relevant to the character I was playing as, when they dropped.

2013-07-18_00004.jpg

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I had a pretty lucky run today. I got Things white outfit, a new character (Hawkeye) and best of all, I got Scarlet Witchs Romani outfit. This is the outfit I wanted the most in the whole game and it dropped off of Red Sinister. What are the odds!? I dont think Ive felt so lucky in a video game before.

Grats! =)

Some news from the forums about Artifact changes coming.

Hey guys,

The items team wanted me to give you a heads up on a change to artifacts in a future patch.

All artifacts will be "unique" in the near future, which means you can only equip one of each type at a time.

They realize this is a nerf for some players, but they believe it's important for a few reasons:

1. They want to eventually go to 4 artifact slots.

2. The team wants to release a ton of new artifacts, some of which would not be possible unless they are unique.

3.The team wants to be able to push the power level of artifacts without having to worry that someone will have 2 or 4 of the same artifacts (it gives them much more design space).

I know this seems like a nerf, and it is, but it's not intended to be a direct nerf to power level of artifacts (those are fine) but to allow more expansion for the future. Artifacts were supposed to be unique at launch but the tech wasn't quite in place.

I know this sucks right now, but it will be well worth it in the future. We're taking a hit now to invest in the future of the system.

This is the worst news to deliver for those of you that have farmed/traded two perfect-roll EOI (etc), so I apologize we didn't do this right at launch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The panel will be on Saturday.

Marvel Video Games

You're in for an hour of fun and surprises in the most ambitious Marvel video games panel to date! Hear the latest on all upcoming Marvel video games, including the highly anticipated LEGO Marvel Super Heroes! Find out what's next for Marvel Avengers Alliance, Marvel Heroes, Marvel Pinball, and Marvel War of Heroes. This panel wouldn't be the same without a few special guests, so stop by and see who takes the stage!
Saturday July 20, 2013 12:30pm - 1:30pm

Don't know if there's a Marvel Heroes-specific one though. Will be tuning in for Lego MSH especially :D

Kurod

Banned

GManDH

getting sick of Dailies, can we do a run of purples2 tomorrow. or if u guys need to, i can do purple1 with one character then do purple2 with someone else.

Bonethug

getting sick of Dailies, can we do a run of purples2 tomorrow. or if u guys need to, i can do purple1 with one character then do purple2 with someone else.

I believe that Limbo (purple) is random as to who gets into what instance.

I'm not sure what the loot/xp is like in the blue terminals. They can be entered as a group.
I've only 2 manned Mad2 back when I was 34 Thing with a random 39 Scarlet Witch back when it had to be run to unlock things.

<--BigRedDog in MH.

Top Bottom