• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I can't believe they did it to me again. I had enough hero points to buy a slot just before the patch but I updated and they raised the price by 50 more points.

Bastards

AVclub

I can't believe they did it to me again. I had enough hero points to buy a slot just before the patch but I updated and they raised the price by 50 more points.

Bastards

I don't think they are raising the price with patches. I think the slots get more expensive, the more of them you buy.

I will get excited when I see two sub-1000 heroes, then the third is an Iron Man-40 with 11,000 hit points. Ridiculous.

I think I landed in a good bracket. I've had several fights so far against a single low level model 40.

I don't care about placing, I just want to get 600 so I can get another blue card for Classic Storm.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So, I have earned Invisible Woman with blue and yellow powers but I don't get how is she useful, seems pretty shitty to me. Wha's the point of cageing blocks in bubbles? Why would I want to do that, I know I must be missing something pretty obvious here :p

Loving this new event. Except you need Invisible Woman for the last mission in Alaska. Looks too tough anyway.

My Thor is doing 3000 damage on yellow. Amazing.

Triz

Whaaaa??? THat SUCKS. New Character getters keep getting New Characters.

I want Punisher SEW BADDDDD

The top 500 people in the daily mission tournament get a token with a high probability drop of Invisible Woman. Id imagine invisible woman will be more common tomorrow when the tourney ends.

The top 500 people in the daily mission tournament get a token with a high probability drop of Invisible Woman. Id imagine invisible woman will be more common tomorrow when the tourney ends.

You mean the Double Shot?

EDIT: n/m just read there's mini tourneys for submissions!! SEW COOOL

EDIT EDIT: It's actually top 400 who get that. Holy moly though. This set of missions has solidified this as my most played game of 2013. Terrifying.

hamchan

I like that they included reward points up to 30000 this event after everyone blew past the rewards last event.

davepoobond

I don't think they are raising the price with patches. I think the slots get more expensive, the more of them you buy.

I know they do. I just checked before I updated it and knew what my next goal was and when I got there it was different.

It does kind of piss me off that they can just change characters' attributes without reprecussion. I've spent tons of ISO on Classic Storm, and now she's not as useful for me. What's to stop them from nerfing other characters I use?

Can't imagine how people who spent actual money/coins upgrading those same characters would feel. It's a slippery slope.

davepoobond

It's game balancing and honestly she was way overpowered. It was also super ridiculous if you had classic storm and you were going against another classic storm

They would just use the raging storm over and over until one of them was dead

I agree with the change cause she was OP and it was tiring running into Thor, C. Storm and the stand in character over and over for every tournament. However, they need an option to respec when they change skills entirely.

Askani

The Hunt: Savage Land -

Holy shit! Devil Dinosaur out of goddamn nowhere! lol

Seriously...that's amazing. Not Ka-Zar, not Shanna. Mother fucking Devil Dinosaur. Hilarious and Awesome all at once.

EDIT ::::: I guess it's not that impressive since apparently he was in some Spiderman issues earlier this year. Just been awhile since I've seen him.

The Hunt: Savage Land -

Holy shit! Devil Dinosaur out of goddamn nowhere! lol

Seriously...that's amazing. Not Ka-Zar, not Shanna. Mother fucking Devil Dinosaur. Hilarious and Awesome all at once.

EDIT ::::: I guess it's not that impressive since apparently he was in some Spiderman issues earlier this year. Just been awhile since I've seen him.

No, it was still goddamned amazing. Especially the way it was implemented.

I WANT THAT COVER!!!

BLERGH.

Didn't get Invisible Woman from Alaska and now everyone's lappin me in The Hunt!!

I wan my Punnie!!!

Also Florida is way harder than the others right?

Florida is the easiest ever if you have a leveled Modern Hawkeye. Use those environmental tiles and the Core Breach or whatever power to make crit tiles. You can basically oneshot anything.

Don't do that if you're in my bracket though.

Florida is the easiest ever if you have a leveled Modern Hawkeye. Use those environmental tiles and the Core Breach or whatever power to make crit tiles. You can basically oneshot anything.

Don't do that if you're in my bracket though.

Yep. Feels good...

Do you guys mean regular hawkeye? He's the one with the crit tile power. Or do you just mean making a shitload of Electric Blasts, because a buffed Modern Hawkeye (which we get in this tourney) does do mad damage.

NomarTyme

Do you guys mean regular hawkeye? He's the one with the crit tile power. Or do you just mean making a shitload of Electric Blasts, because a buffed Modern Hawkeye (which we get in this tourney) does do mad damage.

Nope! the Modern one which is a 2 star. 2 star Hawkeye crit is amazing because you can easily max the Core Breach(400 I think) and keep spamming the shit out of critical tiles.

Yeah, I'm not even using Modern Hawkeye's powers. I have him about level 30, and with the core breach, if I match blue/red/pink with a crit I get a couple thousand damage.

Nope! the Modern one which is a 2 star. 2 star Hawkeye crit is amazing because you can easily max the Core Breach(400 I think) and keep spamming the shit out of critical tiles.

Yeah, I'm not even using Modern Hawkeye's powers. I have him about level 30, and with the core breach, if I match blue/red/pink with a crit I get a couple thousand damage.

Ohhh so you mean his standard crit multiplayer is boss. I had no idea! Didn't even think to check!

NomarTyme

Ohhh so you mean his standard crit multiplayer is boss. I had no idea! Didn't even think to check!
It is if you hit the jackpot. You can pretty much kill any team.
You mean modern hawkeye or dark avengers hawkeye?

I use modern hawkeye

Man I wish I've taken 2nd place instead of taking invisible woman. :/

Also the new tourney is so limiting for me. I have Daken, Bulleye, and Rag. All of them are pretty useless.

Triz

A leveled daken and bullseye can kick some ass. Daken with his powerup on green matches and Bullseye with the defense on Purple matches. Nothing like that overpowered team you face hitting you for 1 every tile match. Im throwing in Yolana Bellova to capitalize on all the purple and black matches. Lots of people have Daken in their lineup and her black power transforms any enemy powerup into crit bubbles.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
I'm struggling with the dark avengers event, apart from a level 30 venom all my other dark avengers are low level.
Finally got a moonstone, maybe one day I'll get ragnarok.

NomarTyme

A leveled daken and bullseye can kick some ass. Daken with his powerup on green matches and Bullseye with the defense on Purple matches. Nothing like that overpowered team you face hitting you for 1 every tile match. Im throwing in Yolana Bellova to capitalize on all the purple and black matches. Lots of people have Daken in their lineup and her black power transforms any enemy powerup into crit bubbles.

The problem for me is the shitty slowness of the match that bullseye and Daken brings. fucking admantimum bone and phenomenal rage.

Are Moonstone and Captain America worth levelling?
Captain is worth it for the blue covers. The yellow is too expensive and I only one damn red cover so far.

Top Bottom