• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

That's a GARGANTUAN if.

I tried this once and got a whole team cascaded to death.

No thanks.

Yeah, that will happen a bit. I can do the one impossible mission with lvl 97 Daken and 100+ HAMMER LT and something(??) with about a 66% success rate though and am on track for a Punisher cover... maybe

Yeah, that will happen a bit. I can do the one impossible mission with lvl 97 Daken and 100+ HAMMER LT and something(??) with about a 66% success rate though and am on track for a Punisher cover... maybe

I lucked into an incredible bracket and am pretty sure I can snag one as long as I keep up with each location and grind 5-10 times on the repeatable missions. And it's even working with the "easy" ones. I go all the way through a locashe, do a HAMMER match like three or four times and I'm above 50 in the main bracket.

Frankie!!!

EDIT: And this is WITHOUT an Invisible Woman (STILL!!!) and without ever beating a Jump Jet 3. Soooo lucky!!

I have neither Invisible Woman nor Ironman 40, so there've been a few missions I've had to miss out on.

My Spidey and Grey Suit Widow are both pretty pathetic, though I just got a Pink Cover for Widow on my last Heroic pull, which was nice. Hawkeye and Thor have really been pulling me through this event

I won't see it unless I pull a Model 40 before then (and ditch someone or get another 200 coins).

The heroic tokens from the subevents have been so awesome though. This event has been the best, I hope future events can live up to it

You didnt at least get 1 model 40 in the last event?

I won't see it unless I pull a Model 40 before then (and ditch someone or get another 200 coins).

The heroic tokens from the subevents have been so awesome though. This event has been the best, I hope future events can live up to it

Wow! I been lucky. Got a real solid Model 40 and a Hawkeye Mod.

I've had pretty okay tokens. Still no Invisible Woman which is v. sad. But then, I still don't have:
Classic Magneto
Loki
Ragnarok

So. Life is p. hard.

You didnt at least get 1 model 40 in the last event?

No, the Doubleshot one? I sort of skipped that one, like I'm currently skipping the Evil is Good one or whatever it's called. I figure I don't have time to adequately compete in multiple events at once, so I focus, unless there's a really cheap Hero Point reward I can go for :)

Wow! I been lucky. Got a real solid Model 40 and a Hawkeye Mod.

I've had pretty okay tokens. Still no Invisible Woman which is v. sad. But then, I still don't have:
Classic Magneto
Loki
Ragnarok

So. Life is p. hard.

Yeah, no Sue for me either. But I've upgraded my Gray Suit Widow and Spidey both from "super useless" to "still kinda useless", and my Hawkeye is now 5/4/1 and got a Yellow Thor cover (Think he is sitting at 2/3/2).

I'm up to 24 cover slots and they are all full (and I'm about to have to sell off a Bagman before it expires, again). Hoping the Hunt gets me to that 25th cover slot and Punisher. With my luck I'll end up getting a Model 40 and an Invisible Woman and a Punisher, but not have the coins to keep them all :(

Hitman Inc

Neo Member
I love the Hunt event but my luck with the heroic token draw is terrible. I have gotten a token in very sub event and all the way to 15000 in the main event, and every one of them has been a Hawkeye. Except for one green Thor I didn't need. And no red Hawkeye either, just blue and purple.

I do not like the Bad is Good even though. The character selection makes every match a long drawn out snore-fest. Between Dakens healing and Bullseye protect barely any damage is done. Not to mention every character seems be strong in only black and pink.

I really want an Invisible Woman or at least a Spider-man, but I don't think I have the patience

I love the Hunt event but my luck with the heroic token draw is terrible. I have gotten a token in very sub event and all the way to 15000 in the main event, and every one of them has been a Hawkeye. Except for one green Thor I didn't need. And no red Hawkeye either, just blue and purple.

I do not like the Bad is Good even though. The character selection makes every match a long drawn out snore-fest. Between Dakens healing and Bullseye protect barely any damage is done. Not to mention every character seems be strong in only black and pink.

I really want an Invisible Woman or at least a Spider-man, but I don't think I have the patience

While I partly agree BiG is boring (it is) and a slog fest (god it is), I am in a bracket where I can play once a day and stay in the top 30 and it's taught me the strategic benefits of Daken. The Hunt has kept me in a Hawkeye/Thor/IM40 zone for days now so while it's much slower going, it's nice to learn the intricacies of other characs.

While I partly agree BiG is boring (it is) and a slog fest (god it is), I am in a bracket where I can play once a day and stay in the top 30 and it's taught me the strategic benefits of Daken. The Hunt has kept me in a Hawkeye/Thor/IM40 zone for days now so while it's much slower going, it's nice to learn the intricacies of other characs.

I'm the same way with both tournaments.

I'm sitting on 15 one star recruit cards and over 20 health packs. I'll save the health packs until a timed tourney shows up that I really want to place highly in.

Do the bonus rounds in the Hunt recycle? I've been out of town for a few days and the only reference I see to the Savage Land is a pending event.

Do the bonus rounds in the Hunt recycle? I've been out of town for a few days and the only reference I see to the Savage Land is a pending event.

Yep, those 3 bases have been cycling.

Kinda disappointed Savage Land didn't come with any fights against dinosaurs or whatever are in there in the comics.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Still no Sue for me but my bracket in the main tourney is pretty weak so I can easily grind up to the top 5 but it's getting harder every day to do so.

Does it matter what page I pull my drops from? There are three or four recruitment "pages" I can cash in all my one star cards and I can't tell if the drop rates are different.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
yeah not liking BiG either, but i could be looking at 2 wolverine cards for it, which is nice.

The hunt i'm knocking about the top 50 or above all the time but no invisible woman yet :(

Fuzzy

Does it matter what page I pull my drops from? There are three or four recruitment "pages" I can cash in all my one star cards and I can't tell if the drop rates are different.
No idea but I've been hoping that what you receive as a non 1-star prize depends on what the other prize tier on the page is.

Hitman Inc

Neo Member
I dont understand how the point values for missions are calculated. The first Alaska missions last night was worth 160-170. But i legt them and went to bed. This morning it is worth 15. How am I supposed to move up at 15 points a match?

AVclub

I dont understand how the point values for missions are calculated. The first Alaska missions last night was worth 160-170. But i legt them and went to bed. This morning it is worth 15. How am I supposed to move up at 15 points a match?

From what I've seen, the values of missions drop as you get closer to the top of the leaderboard. So if you wait a while until others have passed you, the values should go up. I haven't experienced a situation where the values drop after waiting a while, unless it's a new day and you're starting a mission over.

From what I've seen, the values of missions drop as you get closer to the top of the leaderboard. So if you wait a while until others have passed you, the values should go up. I haven't experienced a situation where the values drop after waiting a while, unless it's a new day and you're starting a mission over.

There was also a brief glitch the other day too where they all were listed as 15 but actually rewarded the right, higher amount.

VPj8L0L.png

Aaaaaat llllast
My Sueeeeeee has come around

I really think this is my GOTY. I'm so ashamed.

I'm pretty hooked.

I just cashed in over 36 one star cards and out of all that got a single trainable drop.

Black Yelena. Nobody needs Yelena..

I'm on an iPhone 4 so selling them all takes forever.

The Hunt has been fruitful though. Sitting on 25 health packs, 24,000+ ISO and 975 hero points.

:0

I....um.

So, with that ol' worthless Invisible Woman I was able to unlock the final Alaska mission. And. Um.

I hit the Hawkeye jackpot.

And I spammed M's until everyone was dead.

And I got a thousand+ points.

And now I'm 54 in my overall The Hunt bracket.

And I'm only 1200 behind #1.

And I haven't even started the most recent Florida.

:0

And I spammed M's until everyone was dead.

And now I'm 54 in my overall The Hunt bracket.

What are "M's"?

I am 6th in my overall The Hunt bracket. I wonder if I'm in an easy one? I haven't started Florida yet either, nor have I completed Alaska. Sitting at 10093 in the overall one.

Edit: Aaaaand that's frustrating. I guess you really DO need Sue Storm for that one fight. Arg.

What are "M's"?

I am 6th in my overall The Hunt bracket. I wonder if I'm in an easy one? I haven't started Florida yet either, nor have I completed Alaska. Sitting at 10093 in the overall one.

Edit: Aaaaand that's frustrating. I guess you really DO need Sue Storm for that one fight. Arg.

Wow. You only have 10k and you're SIXTH??????????

That's the best fuckin' bracket I ever SEEN!

M's are the red circles with Ms

Fuzzy

That's crazy. I don't mind the bracket I'm in because I got all the rewards already and it looks like I'll be able to easily finish in the top 3 also. I just jumped from 18th to 6th after 3 matches.

XWgHpiDl.png

Thinking about these brackets, tho, I have to wonder if their match rewards aren't also lower, which might keep those players away from 30k level prizes (which I've already cleaned out).

Hmmm.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
AFAIK, they don't bracket you based on WHEN you join. They bracket you based on past tournament results.

Well that sucks. I did do well the previous tournament, but that was only because my bracket was terrible.

Top Bottom