• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Iron Man has one and it's not that hard to do (relaunch combo):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mS6iXG2Kw

It's explained in this video and command list at the end.

As far as patches go, I expect a general nerf to X Factor which will take care of Sentinel, Phoenix and a few other characters. After that we will see the infinites taken out. I am expecting a Magneto nerf too in the future, dude has way too many loops. Probably a nerf on his H attacks with that mad hit box/priority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN0Wg2xbfSM&playnext=1&list=PL40BFF5593A6E9598

That's for Doom. Command list is in the comments I believe.

Dahbomb

Anyone got the full changelog on the "adjustment" patch? I heard they took out Akuma's Tatsu infinite.

Edit: Ok I got visual confirmation of it now. Akuma's infinite removed. In fact his Tatsu kicks got a general nerf so that's good. Prevents further exploitation of his Tatsu kicks as well. Now this was a deserved balance change that needed to be fixed.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So what are the characters that people think are top tier at this point in the game? I know there's not a tier list, and I know it's super early in the game's lifespan.

Dahbomb

Phoenix teams are too crippled to ever win a tournament. Clockw0rk's Phoenix team is probably the one that has gotten the closest. Even then, Phoenix (Dark Phoenix) without X Factor is easily beatable. Until we see some solid Phoenix on point play (as in Phoenix being played as first character) it's hard to classify as Top tier.

Magneto was top tier until the Sentinel nerf. Without the drones assist he loses a lot of his potential. I would still say that he is top 10. But I feel like the way Capcom is going to be patching stuff, expect a lot of Magneto's loops to be nerfed in the future. Capcom doesn't seem to like those.

No one in this game is God tier except LVL3 X Factor Dark Phoenix. Hell even a "Crap" tier right now is highly debatable, potentially the worst character in the game still isn't crap in a well defined team (Ryu for example has been in 2 tournaments in a winner team ex. Wesker/Ammy/Ryu).

If I had to "guess" a tier list, it would be something like:

Top Tier (highly debatable some of these characters fall into Mid tier without proper assists):

Storm
Amaterasu
Magneto
Dante
Phoenix
Akuma
Zero
Wesker
Trish
Wolverine
Taskmaster
Dormammu
She Hulk

Middle Tier (which isn't that much below the top tier if in a well constructed team):

The rest of the cast

Right now the only thing certain are a few assists which are really good. A top 10-15 assist list is pretty solid right now.

1) Sentinel Drones
2) Tron Bonne Flame
3) Doom Hidden Missiles
4) Haggar Lariat
5) Hsien Ko Gold Pendulum swing
6) Chun Li Lightning Kicks
7) Akuma Tatsu kicks
8) Dante Jam Session
9) Amaterasu Cold Shots
10) Wesker Low Shot
11) Arthur Gold armor Cocktail toss
12) Morrigan/Amaterasu Meter building assists
13) Shuma Gorath Mystic Ray
14) Trish Trap assists
15) Iron Man/Doom Beam assists

Azure J

Man, I hate it when I miss hype streams due to feeling out of it/sick. Anyone have the record of what went down last night? I feel like I'm drifting from Marvel-GAF now. :lol

Welcome to the future. This is not just the future of this game this is the future of competitive (fighting) gaming in general. Look at MK didn't they add features so they can fix things without an official dlc patch? The future is here.

The gift and the curse of internet connected console gaming.
I'm fine with patches, just not balance changes this early. Sort of like premature ejaculation, it demonstrates Capcom has some growing up to do.

Personally I think Phoenix(650k) should get more health and DP less(less than 200k with no draining).
I like this idea too. I would put Phoenix on my team if this happened, because I like her as a character, but Dormammu needs his meter - they just don't go well together. If I could pick Phoenix just for Phoenix, I would definitely pair them up together.

But what a GTFO move it is. No other character has a fully invincible Hyper that moves across the entire screen.

They've definitely made Shoryuken motions easier to do again. 63236 motion works for shoryuken now. Dormammu mains rejoice! You'll no longer get dark hole instead of your Beam pillar!
That seems like a huge motion to do for a Purification - will investigate.

It was incredibly inconsistent in its previous form. I remember specifically going into training and hitting the exact same motion twice (with inputs on) and getting two different special moves. As MThanded mention it's probably something to do with the input buffer window that was changed. It's hard to describe in words for me, but I can notice it being significantly easier to pull off than it was pre-patch. Just try it.
Zero's Mission...7 I think? Where you have to Hadangeki right after Shippuga? It was the last one I did with him - so frustrating.

Did Dorm's lvl 3 get a buff?
Nope.

I wanna see somebody do a chip out video of combos against sent now. I'd love to know how good a blocked combo does on him now with certain characters. Several guys could probably zone chip him all day.
6 Taskmaster volleys = Dead Sentinel, and it's hard as hell for him to avoid. I felt bad for the people I did it to last night, they just didn't even stand a chance.

Removing XFactor entirely would remove a good chunk of the actual fun of the game. (The comeback factor)
It's not fun to make a comeback with level 3 X-Factor, and it's not fun to have a comeback made against you. It's unsatisfying to win with it, and it's unsatisfying to lose to it. I like X-Factor as a mechanic, just not the crazy scaling. I'd prefer to earn my comebacks, I'd rather my opponent say "holy crap you're good with that character" when I pull through, and not "fuck X-Factor".

I mean as someone who mains Dorm I'm glad for the buffs, but I don't think Sent needed a nerf. I agree with people that it's X Factor that needs to be beaten with the nerf stick.
I think of Dormammu's damage "buff" as a bug fix.

Mainly it's the sheer time that level 3 buys. I don't mind the speed or even damage - if it didn't last so long. Level 3 is basically like giving you a 4th character to play, but in every wrong way.
Yeah, I can somewhat handle the crazy damage scaling, just not the damage and the time extension. One of the two needs to go.

they should've given dorm his flame carpet as an assist
Dark Hole / Dark Matter / Flame Carpet should have been his assists.

That was awesome.

Did you see sent run from Task? He had NO way to get rid of that constant pressure and chip from Task to set up his shit so he just tried flying away from him.

You can't run from that! You gotta do something man. Too much chip from Task to survive once he gets started. You gotta level up that sentinel before you throw it out there now!

First serious panic I've seen from a Sent due to health. Won't be the last.

LOL

EDIT: Shit and AGAIN! Another guy gets down to sent and panics against Task pressure because of the chip. These sent players arent used to figuring out how to deal with chip with Sent. Its fucking them up so bad!

This shit is hilarious.
More like Taskmaster just walks all over Sentinel no matter what he does.

Man, I hate it when I miss hype streams due to feeling out of it/sick. Anyone have the record of what went down last night? I feel like I'm drifting from Marvel-GAF now. :lol
http://www.justin.tv/jaxelrod/b/282124008

Karsticles said:
It's not fun to make a comeback with level 3 X-Factor, and it's not fun to have a comeback made against you. It's unsatisfying to win with it, and it's unsatisfying to lose to it. I like X-Factor as a mechanic, just not the crazy scaling. I'd prefer to earn my comebacks, I'd rather my opponent say "holy crap you're good with that character" when I pull through, and not "fuck X-Factor".

This is probably getting into way overly complex territory. But I think it might be kinda neat to have X-Factor be one of a few groove options.

Groove A - X-Factor, cancel + speed and power boost (I would trim down the Lvl. 3 a bit)
Groove B - 2x Cancels, just the cancels from X-Factor, but you get two a match
Groove C - Power boost. No cancels, but you get a continual 5% power boost the entire match (no speed boost so you don't have to learn a new set of combos)

Or something like that. Could be interesting.

Dahbomb said:
If Groove A is basically what we already have, then most people would always pick that. A continuous 5% is nothing against a 30 second 200% boost AND a cancel. And 2 cancels would not make up the power boost from X Factor.

Best way to "fix" X factor is to leave it as is game play wise and scale it down so that LVL3 X factor is actually LVL2 and so on. Character specific boosts also needs a good look at. An adjustment on timings (20 seconds for LVL3) also needs to be revised.

Oh, I was really just speaking to the general concept though, not to any specific numbers. I agree that Groove A would be the best in the example that I listed. I'm sure that the numbers that I drew out of a hat would not be balanced well, but I more like the concept of getting to pick how your X-Factor works so that you can tailor it to your specific playstyle and character. Would take some playtesting to figure out the right numbers to balance cancel + boost, number of cancels, and static boost amount.

Dahbomb

If Groove A is basically what we already have, then most people would always pick that. A continuous 5% is nothing against a 30 second 200% boost AND a cancel. And 2 cancels would not make up the power boost from X Factor.

Best way to "fix" X factor is to leave it as is game play wise and scale it down so that LVL3 X factor is actually LVL2 and so on. Character specific boosts also needs a good look at. An adjustment on timings (20 seconds for LVL3) also needs to be revised.

shaowebb

Dahbomb said:
Right now the only thing certain are a few assists which are really good. A top 10-15 assist list is pretty solid right now.

1) Sentinel Drones
2) Tron Bonne Flame
3) Doom Hidden Missiles
4) Haggar Lariat
5) Hsien Ko Gold Pendulum swing
6) Chun Li Lightning Kicks
7) Akuma Tatsu kicks
8) Dante Jam Session
9) Amaterasu Cold Shots
10) Wesker Low Shot
11) Arthur Gold armor Cocktail toss
12) Morrigan/Amaterasu Meter building assists
13) Shuma Gorath Mystic Ray
14) Trish Trap assists
15) Iron Man/Doom Beam assists

Pretty good list their, but I've been thinking of something to put in the lab. Couldn't you use She-Hulk torpedo or X-23 Ankle slice assists to setup overhead unblockables? you'd either eat the overhead or get your feet knocked out wouldn't you?

Maybe these two assists are too punishable though to get in to create this though. I'll have to set it and see. More likely would be setups using Wesker's low shot in tandem with various stuff from players.

I'd love to see a Haggar/Wesker team where the setup was jumping pipe with a low shot call in that hits as your connecting the pipe. Getting out of that would suck. I'll have to test this.

Also, I'd add Taskmaster vertical shot to that list. it covers you on a LOT of stuff and opens people up real well. I replaced Doom hidden missiles with this cause my Doom skills blow and he just has so many other options that I could use easier than Doom tactics. I'm finally getting in on this Taskmaster stuff.

hitsugi

Parallax Scroll said:
What have they changed about Akuma's tatsu aside from taking out his infinite? Is his tatsu assist affected by the patch?
Don't think so, and xfactor hurricane loops will still kill people so they only took out one thing that no one really utilized.

USD

Just skipped through some of the later Break matches I missed. MarlinPie does have some nice style, too bad he drops the soap far too often. And Chris G is the only person I've ever seen actually use Cross-over Combos, and effectively. Of course not everyone has a team with Hypers that synergize. His new team is working out pretty nicely though.

Also, ルック・アット・ザ・ダメージ (RUKKU ATTO ZA DAMEEJI)!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
jdub03 said:
Did anybody see MrQuotes being extra salty in the 8 way run chat stream yesterday
that fool was on there talking about

"I loss because of input lag" *sideye*

Dahbomb said:

Actually, I think the best fix is to either have it lvl 1 through the whole thing but have the time longer, or have lvl 1-3, but keep the time short like in lvl 1. It doesn't make sense that you get a speed and power boost WITH a longer timer.

Moofers

Karsticles said:
It's not fun to make a comeback with level 3 X-Factor, and it's not fun to have a comeback made against you. It's unsatisfying to win with it, and it's unsatisfying to lose to it.

I disagree completely. I don't mind losing to it and I damn sure don't mind winning with it. X-factor is the great equalizer that keeps this game from being the "elites only" affair that was MvC2.

Prototype-03 said:
Actually, I think the best fix is to either have it lvl 1 through the whole thing but have the time longer, or have lvl 1-3, but keep the time short like in lvl 1. It doesn't make sense that you get a speed and power boost WITH a longer timer.
That cretainly makes a lot of sense. It's silly how long XF3 lasts.

I would actually just love to see X-Factor be a cancel that costs 1 meter, infinite uses. That would create so many intense moments, and add so much depth to the gameplay. So many more mindgames, too.

I disagree completely. I don't mind losing to it and I damn sure don't mind winning with it. X-factor is the great equalizer that keeps this game from being the "elites only" affair that was MvC2.
Words fail me.

hitsugi

Moofers said:
By elites only you mean skilled players with good execution? Yeah you do.

This kind of whining about mvc2 never ceases to baffle me. If you like the game and you want to win - try getting good at it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
shaowebb said:
SHIT! Marlinpie aint got no approach with viper against the aerial styles of Task. He's either gone already, walled you off or not getting hit by your ground pound shit!

CHOKE!

Damn he needs to learn some more approaches. Godly combos when Marlinpie doesn't drop em though.

Also that was smart when they said "odd choice" instead of ending task with magneto who was weak he tag out slows with ammy who can infinite during slow so long as your in air.

So he knew he had a great finish to guarantee task would die and it setup for slow on sent intro to lead into ammy madness on rush which destroys sents.

Good stuff...but he just lost too much health to task.

Doesn't help that like everyone on his team has low health. He was rushing down like a demon, but would fold pretty hard whenever he was on the defensive.

Nice to finally see a little bit of what Viper's truly capable of though. She's gonna be a force a few months down the line.

Solune

hitsugi said:
By elites only you mean skilled players with good execution? Yeah you do.

This kind of whining about mvc2 never ceases to baffle me. If you like the game and you want to win - try getting good at it.
Bingo. I've said it many times before as well. You play to win, you don't play it just to play it. So if you want to win LEARN. THE FUCKING. GAME But alas it falls on deaf ears and mashing fingers.

dralla

-Mikey- said:
If they remove Mags loops then I may very well never play this game again.
Mag has baby health. if they took away his ability to deal big damage he would take a huge hit.

as far as X-factor, why not make it so all levels last 8 seconds. this way you need to be smart about it if you want to take advantage of it.

-Mikey-

dralla said:
Mag has baby health. if they took away his ability to deal big damage he would take a huge hit.

as far as X-factor, why not make it so all levels last 8 seconds. this way you need to be smart about it if you want to take advantage of it.

The only patch I would support would be a change to x-factor. I don't know the best way to implement it but I would totally support an option to be able to toggle it on or off.

A scrub perspective:

It's too early to say for sure, but I think the Sent nerf will make the game more fun at low/scrub/casual level, which is the level I play at. I haven't even really learned how to do Sent's basic air combo and he still usually ended up on my team for his assist and as a damage sponge. If I saved level 3 x-factor for him I could spam projectiles and supers, which was often good enough to chip out a win against players of a similar skill level. I generally avoid using low health characters since I am not very good at rushdown and combos and I need all the health I can get. So I think I'll be booting sent from most of my teams and experimenting more with characters like Haggar, Hulk, and She-Hulk.

It is very much in Capcom's interests to make sure the game is fun at all levels of play. I'm pretty sure the tournament community can deal with the change. We're either going to start seeing more non-sent teams in tournaments, or people are going to level up their sent skills. Either one sounds good to me.

Dirtbag

Timedog said:
So what are the characters that people think are top tier at this point in the game? I know there's not a tier list, and I know it's super early in the game's lifespan.

Zero
Sentinel
Taskmaster
She-hulk
Amaterasu
Dormammu

shaowebb

Solune said:
Bingo. I've said it many times before as well. You play to win, you don't play it just to play it. So if you want to win LEARN. THE FUCKING. GAME But alas it falls on deaf ears and mashing fingers.

I think what he may have been referring to is a concept about how to design fighters with long lasting markets. It's something the creator of Tekken put pretty nicely in an interview when asked to explain the collapse of the fighting game genre 10 years ago.

He pretty much stated that these game all eventually turn into a game of skill that becomes, as more time goes by, something that can reach incredible heights. Because of this however fighting games were becoming something that quite quickly were becoming something that newer audiences were intimidated to get into. In Street Fighter 3 he mentions that around 80% of its user base was quite quickly made up of only elite players.

It meant that the match quality was incredibly high, but it was too high to welcome any newcomers to either those particular games short periods after their launch or for that matter to welcome any newcomers who hadn't tried out fighters before.

It was simply too intimidating to play a game where twenty out of twenty matches you lost and all of them badly. This is why Tekken used the rage system. It allowed for some ridiculous shit but high level players could work past it. The thing was though they could easily lose to gimmicks that allowed scrubby comebacks to happen and thats what he wanted. Some kind of hook to keep giving the newcomers hope so that the foundation of players for the game was actually large enough to see the genre remain sustainable.

Lets face it...we were on life support by the hardcore community for years because these games were mainly not going to allow for any tools that allow anything other than pure strategy to win.

Now though every game has a comeback gimmick to grow the fanbase and to keep the games marketable to new audiences long after launch because no matter how good the communities have gotten they still might pull of that comeback using these tools.

Mega Crash, Focus Attacks, Insanely powerful hypers with range and of course X-factor all reflect this. And it works, too.

Fighting games are now approachable because of gimmicks like this that give them a strong enough foundation of players to keep them financially viable products. Plus it doesn't take too many scrubby wins from players via x-factor or sentinel before they start losing again and realize they should start paying attention and learning what these more advanced guys are doing. Hell a lot of players give tips in lobbies and tell people their mistakes during matches or just how they setup stuff to try to grow the competition out there and make friends.

X-factor is a great tool for keeping this game hot to large markets. Besides those of us who are leveling up will always be on top of this stuff and anytime we lose to scrubby X-factor stuff it just teaches us to train up how to play our defense better. Sometimes you gotta know when to run and pure offense won't stop an Xfactor lvl 3 dude with arthur from hitting you with the rape of "For the Princess".

I think X-factor could use some serious damn tweaking in several areas, but we should stop and realize that without shit like this...well...we'd be back to dwindling communities as a lot of player's games leveled so high it ran off other competitors and all newcomers from these games. Without that crowd we aren't big enough to yield consistent numbers to publishers.

Just thought we could use the business side of this explained so people don't tear each other apart too much. I do still think X-factor needs some tweaking though, but I can understand if they leave ridiculous no skill tools like one or two overly high bonuses in just to lure in the crowds once or twice. I won't like it but it makes me able to accept why you would leave it.

Ferrio said:
How bout X-factor goes away if you're hit? Probably not a good solution, but haven't heard it pitched before.
That might be fine for intermediate to high level play, but for beginners it would be a real bummer to lose your xfactor like that.

shaowebb said:
X-factor is a great tool for keeping this game hot to large markets. Besides those of us who are leveling up will always be on top of this stuff and anytime we lose to scrubby X-factor stuff it just teaches us to train up how to play our defense better. Sometimes you gotta know when to run and pure offense won't stop an Xfactor lvl 3 dude with arthur from hitting you with the rape of "For the Princess".

I think X-factor could use some serious damn tweaking in several areas, but we should stop and realize that without shit like this...well...we'd be back to dwindling communities as a lot of player's games leveled so high it ran off other competitors and all newcomers from these games. Without that crowd we aren't big enough to yield consistent numbers to publishers.
Absolutely. This is why Justin Wong's suggestion of making x-factor into just some kind of super cancel would be too big a tweak. Beginners won't use x-factor much for cancelling. "Push all the buttons at the same time to get a temporary power/speed/healing boost" is easy for new players to grasp, and that's how they'll use it. But turning down those effects seems like it could be a good idea.

hitsugi

Solune said:
Yeah that is the sad conclusion I guess. Its just shocking to see people shamelessly wanting some kind of "equalizer" to make up for their laziness. If you don't care to learn as much as the other guy - you're going to lose more often than not no matter what goofy 1 combo team killing BS functions get added for you. This is because, in the end, the better players will make better utilization of these functions than you will.

shaowebb

Parallax Scroll said:
That might be fine for intermediate to high level play, but for beginners it would be a real bummer to lose your xfactor like that.

This is what I'm talking about guys. You have to make a game approachable to all levels of players otherwise the crowd thins till it's as small as it was during the 10 years of nothing we had after Street Fighter 3 eventually.

Here at higher level play we all bitch about X-factor and I think it needs tweaked to balance it, but you can't get rid of something that keeps the community for a fighter THIS LARGE.

Look at how big we've exploded since SF4.

And Guys like Parallax Scroll are now in here with us admitting their scrubby and trying to learn. Trying to expand their own game into the high level field. We need X-factor like stuff to keep this genre marketable and to keep growing these tournies.

You don't just suddenly learn the fucking game you gotta learn it one piece at a time. The game is as huge as an elephant in depth and you cant eat an elephant in one bite people.

Hell, I was only fair at fighters when this was announced a year ago. I've since spent most of my year obsessively reading, studying, and trying to learn how to not be a scrub and since launch I have gone from being an admitted MVC scrub myself to being able to kill 7th lords consistently and getting combos down that aren't just BNB.

We gotta stop wishing they'd get rid of X-factor entirely, and yelling at people saying "get good" like it just suddenly happens. Beating a mission on mission mode doesn't mean you got a combo. It takes a LOT to learn some combos and do em on reflex during a match.

X-factor needs patched but keep it in to keep all this wonderful community growing shit going. I hated the past 10 years with no fighters. Now I've been able to stick with a game because of tools they gave us at lower level until I was able to finally hit a decent point in my own game...and from here I see I still have a fun ride ahead of me because now I know I can get way better than this, too.

Lets not chase off anyone who wants to learn this game by harassing their early love for a tool that allows them to keep enjoying what we all love. Give em time man. Its hard to "learn the fucking game" when you have to start at the bottom and find a way to claw your way up.

How bout X-factor goes away if you're hit? Probably not a good solution, but haven't heard it pitched before.
I think the issue with this is that X-Factor actually becomes even more powerful potentially now. For example, a common use of Wesker and Taskmaster's counter hypers is to X-Factor to cancel block stun, followed by the counter. At worst, your opponent also blows X-Factor, and makes you pay for a failed trick. If your suggested change were implemented, you would lose X-Factor as well as losing Taskmaster or Wesker because of your failed trick.

I still haven't seen anything that shouts "top tier!" In the words of Seth Killian, every character in this game has juice.

When the game reaches astronomical heights of skill though, level 3 X-Factor won't be saving noobs, it'll just be ruining games for skilled players, and it ruins it for stream monsters as well. It really blows to see someone rock for an entire match and then lose to level 3 X-Factor. I don't think the community hates X-Factor as a concept, just its current implementation.

Viper is the best character no one is using.

She's one of the most dangerous anchors in the game right now.
I would use her on point, not as an anchor. In my mind, anchors need to have good assists to justify holding them back.

Dirtbag said:
Zero
Sentinel
Taskmaster
She-hulk
Amaterasu
Dormammu
Based on who I've seen on tournament streams, these guys are up there somewhere:

Wolverine+Akuma
Dr Doom Hidden Missiles assist
Magneto
Phoenix

Edit: Forgot to add that the game really doesn't have much in the way of tiers right now. You can win with any character if you have good team synergy.

Dirtbag

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Viper is the best character no one is using.

She's one of the most dangerous anchors in the game right now.

I just haven't seen anything really fancy with her yet. She's got good health and damage, but I still haven't really seen her potential.

I play a Spencer/Morrigan team mostly and would love a viper 3rd. Thinking about Shuma for my 3rd

shaowebb

Karsticles said:
When the game reaches astronomical heights of skill though, level 3 X-Factor won't be saving noobs, it'll just be ruining games for skilled players, and it ruins it for stream monsters as well. It really blows to see someone rock for an entire match and then lose to level 3 X-Factor. I don't think the community hates X-Factor as a concept, just its current implementation.

Agreed. That's why I keep mentioning that I feel X-factor needs tweaked in some serious ways. Finding out how far when shaving X-factors is too far before it thins the newcomers too thin will be tricky though.

I just wanted to throw my hat in and defend the newcomers that this game drew in from comments that attack them like it's their fault that their new and just weren't a part of the community already.

When you're new you're scrubby and need cheap tools and learning the game is a steep and rough slope thats easy to get intimidated by without those tools. Saying learn the game and yelling at them isn't an answer. Figuring out how to balance X-factor through careful thought and making good suggestions is.

Direct your anger appropriately...at unfair things like lvl 3 X-factor's time length and certain characters having too steep of a bonus during it. Not at people who use it because their new and have to use it as a crutch while they slowly practice up the tools that will allow them to stop relying on it later.

Dirtbag said:
I just haven't seen anything really fancy with her yet. She's got good health and damage, but I still haven't really seen her potential.

I play a Spencer/Morrigan team mostly and would love a viper 3rd. Thinking about Shuma for my 3rd

Find Marlinpie clips from last nights episode 100 of 8way. Guy had a great Viper with infinites as well as other good stuff. He just dropped too many combos and choked under pressure is why he lost. He just couldn't handle Task with her and for some reason wouldn't switch in Magneto or Sent against him until he could use viper to fight ammy.

That meant his matchups were often

Sent vs Ammy
Viper vs Task

The two worst matchups in the game for those characters.

He panicked but if you catch his fights before Josh Wong pulled out Task on point in finals last night....GODLY.

Whatever they do to x-factor, I'd like them to play up the variety of things you can use it for. Guard cancel and no-chip are cool features because it gives people another option to use their x-factor effectively: use it on reaction in a defensive situation instead of to extend your combo. In a game where players (especially beginners) can feel helpless as they're comboed for 30 seconds straight, having a powerful defensive option they can choose when to activate helps new players assert some control over the match even when they're getting clobbered.

Neki

Pretty sure Viper doesn't have any infinite combos. Also, Karsticles, turning x-factor into a cancel worth 1 hyper meter sounds pretty op, wasn't that what baroques basically were in TvC? Jwong said he felt that they were pretty op in TvC.

Ultimoo said:
Pretty sure Viper doesn't have any infinite combos. Also, Karsticles, turning x-factor into a cancel worth 1 hyper meter sounds pretty op, wasn't that what baroques basically were in TvC? Jwong said he felt that they were pretty op in TvC.
No, Baroques in TVC canceled your red life for a proportional damage boost for the duration of the combo you were performing.

shaowebb

_dementia said:
No, Baroques in TVC canceled your red life for a proportional damage boost for the duration of combo you were performing.

Which was sooooo great with Tekkaman. I always used him and Roll. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom