• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Thought excercise: what if Marvel had launched with Sentinel being like he is post-patch and this patch gave him the plus 1 million health he had before. Would the community react any less incensed?

Kaijima said:
Some of the bitching actually just shows how adversarial and cynical people are at the companies who make the games they claim to love.

It's as if they can't conceive ANYONE at Capcom has the tiniest bit of competency. That the team assigned to post-release support for this game should be allowed to continue to improve it*. Or that they're anything but whimpering slaves to whiny people on message boards.

The ultimate irony of Sentinelgate? That it's just as likely this vicious assault on the integrity of gaming was put in place weeks before the internet exploded in cries over Sentinel, a time bomb sitting in update certification for four weeks before deploying.

And if so, then this great offense is nothing more that post-release clean-up.

Of course, that's the problem with it being Sentinel that got tweaked. The character represents a massive straw man argument about whiny gamers being weak-willed. Thanks to it, nobody could make a legitimate argument that Sentinel might have really needed an adjustment sooner than later. And any attempt to fix what might be a legitimate problem will be rationalized as pandering to online players using Sentinel scrub teams.

*Clarification: anything to improve that is their own idea. Certainly, they should instantly and within five business days design, code, and integrity check every single feature the expert gamer demands. Spectator mode or bust, baby. But they are not allowed to do anything they think is a good idea, like turn a health slider down. It's not like they're game designers or anything.

On that note, are you not allowed to argue against their changes? Or is it automatically better because Capcom sez so?

280635-yun_large.jpg

And like we discussed before, Sentinel might have needed changes. But I don't think they actually changed what needed to be fixed. Your response amounted to "IMHO it fits." It's not that simple of just nodding your head and stating "Capcom is right."

def sim

No one thinks the nerf damages Sent's ability outright. The issue is that the game has only been out over a month and they weakened someone so soon. Players have been deconstructing Sentinel since the game came out and found many weaknesses only for Capcom to balance him out for everyone else. That's a lazy solution.

A year from now Sent might have needed the extra health or maybe something would have been discovered making him truly broken. Whatever, the point is they should have let the community see for sure.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DryEyeRelief said:
On that note, are you not allowed to argue against their changes? Or is it automatically better because Capcom sez so?
Actually using some people's logic if you guys argue enough maybe they'll roll the patch back. So get a petition, call your congressman, and picket outside of capcom's studios.

Edit: wow. Oh my play that fool off.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
rance said:
No one thinks the nerf damages Sent's ability outright. The issue is that the game has only been out over a month and they weakened someone so soon. Players have been deconstructing Sentinel since the game came out and found many weaknesses only for Capcom to balance him out for everyone else. That's a lazy solution.

A year from now Sent might have needed the extra health or maybe something would have been discovered making him truly broken. Whatever, the point is they should have let the community see for sure.

So it's more about patching anything at all than whether it was a nerfing or a buffing I gather? Apparently they fixed some infinites too, but I'm not seeing anyone complain about that so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maximum Wesker + Okami Shuffle is fucking madness.

Chris G is now with Empire Arcadia!

LMFAO "OH SHIT MIKE VICK IN DA HOUSE"

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

LAWD

PREACH AWN PREACH AWN
revx_preach.gif

def sim

Nils said:
So it's more about patching anything at all than whether it was a nerfing or a buffing I gather? Apparently they fixed some infinites too, but I'm not seeing anyone complain about that so far.

I have no issue with patching games, it's the timing that I don't agree with. At the very least, what they did must be seen as objectively lazy if they wanted Sent's health to be this low all along and they simply forgot last minute.

MThanded said:
Actually using some people's logic if you guys argue enough maybe they'll roll the patch back. So get a petition, call your congressman, and picket outside of capcom's studios.

No thanks. I think it's just in everyone's interest now that people play characters that the internet hasn't demonized yet.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
This game is crazy... almost all characters are viable, I ve changed teams non stop in this game. Only zero has remained the constant in all my teams. I think Tasmasters will be a keeper and looking at ammy for my last teammate... she really seems to have an excellent synergy with my team and her rushdown game is right up my alley ;). Plus with task and ammy I can zone if I feel like it ;).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
msdstc said:
Anybody got any advice... I'm just absolutely free falling online :-/

Spam Sentinel's 5C(er-H) mindlessly... WAIT A MINUTE... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom