• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hitokage said:
No, the infinite is 5C 2C 5C 2C 5C 2C ...

He had an infinite all this time I was just mashing 4/5/6C at the AI on Very Hard!?

I could've taken them for a ride (doo-doo-doo), all this time!?

VADERNO.gif!

I really need to sit down and put some training mode time into Chris and Wesker again. But I've been slowly going through Arcade mode to get the "used 30 times" character titles. I dunno if it's a glitch or intentional, but arcade "rounds" count as a "pick" of the character right now. So it makes getting characters you don't really use faster to do for those titles.

shaowebb

That was awesome.

Did you see sent run from Task? He had NO way to get rid of that constant pressure and chip from Task to set up his shit so he just tried flying away from him.

You can't run from that! You gotta do something man. Too much chip from Task to survive once he gets started. You gotta level up that sentinel before you throw it out there now!

First serious panic I've seen from a Sent due to health. Won't be the last.

LOL

EDIT: Shit and AGAIN! Another guy gets down to sent and panics against Task pressure because of the chip. These sent players arent used to figuring out how to deal with chip with Sent. Its fucking them up so bad!

This shit is hilarious.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That was ultra confusing. WTF was that.

Did that other guy have a strategy or was he just trolling.

jman2050

Wait did Josh Wong just confirm a Tron assist hit to rocket punch > hard drive while flying in the air?

How do you even see that?

shaowebb

WTF!!!

I dont need no fucking DP! I'll spend all that meter! Bring it mother OHSHITNOTSENTCHAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Biggest balls on earth just got crushed by Josh Wong. :)

shaowebb

English! Do you speak it!

Lol j/k

I love the foreign commentator. It's like watching New Japan Wrestling!

EDIT: GOOOOD STUFFOOOO!

MThanded

shaowebb said:
English! Do you speak it!

Lol j/k

I love the foreign commentator. It's like watching New Japan Wrestling!
Marlinpie keeping it real. lol

LOOK AT THE DAMAGIE

MThanded

200666_192965304075315_114724748566038_438016_6312086_n.jpg

shaowebb

Great comeback. Had to play it careful on ammy approach vs tron assist.
If he takes Task he gets good though.

And he did! Godlike Magneto.

MThanded

Marlin pie and his girl dipping out.

I know she is like how you gonna keep me here all night and you aint bring home that loot.

shaowebb

SHIT! Marlinpie aint got no approach with viper against the aerial styles of Task. He's either gone already, walled you off or not getting hit by your ground pound shit!

CHOKE!

Damn he needs to learn some more approaches. Godly combos when Marlinpie doesn't drop em though.

Also that was smart when they said "odd choice" instead of ending task with magneto who was weak he tag out slows with ammy who can infinite during slow so long as your in air.

So he knew he had a great finish to guarantee task would die and it setup for slow on sent intro to lead into ammy madness on rush which destroys sents.

Good stuff...but he just lost too much health to task.

shaowebb

Oh man Josh needs to stop using Sent versus Ammy. That is such a bad matchup and he lost sent every round to marlinpie that way.

Learn shit son!

and WHY ARENT THEY PUNISHING OKAMI SHUFFLE!

EDIT:

And thats game. Chris G destroys Josh Wong. Josh had a chance at comeback had he kept that doctor doom going on wesker but he dropped it. And jesus man use more of that nice finger laser stuff to chip when they're that low. It took Josh forever to calm down and just do that.

Intense stuff though. I cant knock him for choking too bad with all that pressure and how intense it got. I love his Devil Trigger coverage and combos with Dante. Good shit.

Chris G's ammy and wesker are too solid though.

MThanded

Chris G takes it. Guess we know why hes EMP now. Pretty godlike.

Ferrio said:
Wow Chris G made a team that they're team hyper would all hit...
Apparently he uses the 2 assist buttons for single character hypers too when he has one bar or one character. Guess thats one less execution thing you have to worry about.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
Oh man Josh needs to stop using Sent versus Ammy. That is such a bad matchup and he lost sent every round to marlinpie that way.

Learn shit son!

and WHY ARENT THEY PUNISHING OKAMI SHUFFLE!
Okami shuffle punish is still risky as fuck, the time window isn't exactly wide for it. Unless you have it down pact, attempting that shit is a risk in itself. You can get DHC'd or just fuck up and get punished yourself.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
Okami shuffle punish is still risky as fuck, the time window isn't exactly wide for it. Unless you have it down pact, attempting that shit is a risk in itself. You can get DHC'd or just fuck up and get punished yourself.

Okay okay...I'll give you that. But isn't Dante's trade off after block one still pretty damn good though? Plus dante has the teleport so even DHC might of gotten ate.

Oh hell...who am I kidding. You saw how intense it got for Josh Wong. No way would he try to play high risk when trying not to have a panic attack in Grand Finals.

I bet we see Okami shuffle punishes practiced up for tounies soon though. Dog is to strong.

Also...yes Sentinel vs Ammy is the worst matchup in game followed closely by Viper vs Taskmaster as we all saw with Marlinpie. No approach and too much damage is eaten to get in on Task with her.

Lothars

Kimosabae said:
Obviously, these are good points, but none of them supplant the idea that definitive strategies/anti-strategies only develop with time and events that stimulate progress. Like I said, it may be true that the character is still good and will simply require only a slightly different approach to be successful, but I feel robbed of a potential anti-Sentinel usage strain that validates a whole lot of people that simply decided to buckle the fuck down and learn something instead of typing in caps on the internet. <---This would be a great lesson learned for a whole lot of people.

Instead that's exactly what your doing your complaining about one change that may or may not have been in the works since before the game was released and before people were bitching about sentinel, All this proves is Capcom is intent on balancing the game now will we have to wait to see what they do next if it's reactionary or if it was planned and just unable to implement the tweak before release.

Kimosabae said:
Instead, the most obvious lesson on display ATM is: "Bitch a lot to corporations and your frustrations will be mitigated".

This is not the lesson at all becuase you have just as much proof saying this was capcom reacting to the sentinel complaints than we do saying that it was probably in the works before release but wasn't able to be put on the retail discs.

Darkman M

DryEyeRelief said:
Chris G proves that he can win with without the phoenix crutch. Maybe she doesn't need nerfs?

I don't see how they can, you can't use meter, and you have to have Xfactor just to avoid being chipped out. I guess they could lower her damage, but then she's just a waste then.

Does anyone have advice on how to execute launcher combos with air dashes that go back to the ground into another launcher?

I've been trying with Doom and Magneto but the opponent is always too high for me to continue once I get back on the ground.

HiResDes

toasty_T said:
Does anyone have advice on how to execute launcher combos with air dashes that go back to the ground into another launcher?

I've been trying with Doom and Magneto but the opponent is always too high for me to continue once I get back on the ground.
Modok and Phoenix have some easy ass ones...

Solune

toasty_T said:

You want to hit your opponent as soon as youre going up after the launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom