• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Viper is a lot of fun. Day 1 observation but after a little time with her, you're doing 600k bnbs before meter / assists are involved and it actually involves some kind of skill to do... that's always a plus.

Ok, I'm finalizing my teams so I don't get side tracked with bench characters like Magneto and Trish.

Primary Team Marvel:
MODOK/Thor/Deadpool

Secret Team Capcom:
Jill/Wesker/Zero

So I was playing Cyberbots for a couple hours. Man, I want one of those mechs (one of the smaller ones, which I guess would be Sent size) as DLC!!!

Sblargh

Banned
Timedog said:
Is there like NO recovery on anything in this game? I can't punish shit.

Yeah, this fucks me a lot, it is really counter intuitive how you feel like the oponent is open, but nope, he is safe.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow hulk is a noob eater. Paired with an OTG assist he can do some serious damage with simple shit.

With wesker OTG assist

In corner
j.C, c.C, S, j.B, j.B, j.C j.S, wesker, C, gamma charge C~A, Gamma Crush 850k

Everywhere else:

c.A, c.C, S, j.B, j.B, j.S, dash+wesker, C, gamma charge C~A, Gamma crush 770k

The opener for the first one isn't very realistic, usually you'll open from a j.A, or a s.B, s.C that your opponent ate it's armor. Even then the combo does 800k. In both cases if you opened with a s.C or j.S you can't use s.C after wesker since it doesn't bounce and have to use a s.B instead and omit the gamma charge follow up.

Any tips on finding online matches? I picked this up today for £25 and while the core game is good fun not being able to find online matches is making it feel like a bad pickup :( I knew there was problems but this is just silly.

Diablohead said:
Any tips on finding online matches? I picked this up today for £25 and while the core game is good fun not being able to find online matches is making it feel like a bad pickup :( I knew there was problems but this is just silly.

Go to Training Mode* and turn on fight request after selecting your characters. You'll get one really quickly.

*The same can be done in Arcade Mode and Mission Mode.

Diablohead said:
Go to training mode, arcade mode or mission mode and set the rank limit to "any" when searching for Ranked matches. You could easily play training mode or arcade for an hour if you set the rank limit to "same".

The matches should come quickly afterward. There is nothing else you can do past this.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
Go to training mode, arcade mode or mission mode and set the rank limit to "any" when searching for Ranked matches. You could easily play training mode or arcade for an hour if you set the rank limit to "same".

The matches should come quickly afterward. There is nothing else you can do past this.

The difference is gargantuan indeed and I don't quite get it. If I set it to player matches and select same skill I get my matches just as lightning quick. Are most people avoiding ranked or is something else going on?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nils said:
Are most people avoiding ranked or is something else going on?

After getting the 5 wins in a row trophy, there is really no reason to continue to use ranked mode to fight projectile spam, you know?

I played arcade with ranked on, only found one fight right before I was about to beat the last boss.

As said above are people avoiding ranked or something? I don't see why.

I will try some unranked normal matches to see if it helps.

Nils said:
The difference is gargantuan indeed and I don't quite get it. If I set it to player matches and select same skill I get my matches just as lightning quick. Are most people avoiding ranked or is something else going on?
Ranked is absolutely brimming with high level players, mid level players and beginners. Capcom just sent the game out with broken ranked searches. The game has sold over 900K copies by now in the US alone and it's been like this since day one...
El Sloth said:
I'm like 3 character spaces away and above her head and it connects.

o_0
Shuma plays far smoother than her. When I play against it I actually feel like the animations mesh with the damage I'm receiving. Jill just moves really awkwardly and her combos feel kind of disconnected for some odd reason.

*shrugs shoulders*

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
TheSeks said:
After getting the 5 wins in a row trophy, there is really no reason to continue to use ranked mode to fight projectile spam, you know?

I'm definitely preferring player matches myself now. I love the ability to rematch and the fact I'm not getting my ass handed to me on a way too regular basis. Also the win-loss ratio stuff would psych me out way too often. I choke a lot when the guy's down to his last character and knowing the person's win-loss somehow contributes to the choking sometimes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't find my copy of the game anymore... I bet someone stole it in the latest session I had...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Nils said:

Avoiding rank... ;)

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding whether Zero or Dante is the better character. Zero has better movement, Dante has better defensive options. I'm trying to make my second team be all offensive teleporters, and Zero and Dante have less safe teleports, but better overall options, and I need a character that can handle a comeback as my anchor. The main thing making me consider Dante over Zero are his assists. At the same time, Dante's teleport is really bad without assists.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding whether Zero or Dante is the better character. Zero has better movement, Dante has better defensive options. I'm trying to make my second team be all offensive teleporters, and Zero and Dante have less safe teleports, but better overall options, and I need a character that can handle a comeback as my anchor. The main thing making me consider Dante over Zero are his assists. At the same time, Dante's teleport is really bad without assists.

All I can say is most of the time I beat people with only my zero... ammy and taskmaster assist and sit in the corner all pissed off ;). Dante its combos all day, zero is resets all day ;). Plus with the proper assist you can extend zeros combos to about 600 000 no meter and without having to use the wonky buster button holding combo...

been playing for a few hours now and had 10 or so online fights along with tons of arcade, have to say I really do prefer MVC2 so much more, something about this game doesn't click with me yet I loved 2 so much.

Some of the combos people play with online seem broken to me, they can get one hit in and that's it say good bye to your character :/ that imo is rather broken and not everyone is that great to play as, might as well called this marvel vs marvel.

Back to being a street fighter for me and playing mvc2 over this.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Diablohead said:
been playing for a few hours now and had 10 or so online fights along with tons of arcade, have to say I really do prefer MVC2 so much more, something about this game doesn't click with me yet I loved 2 so much.

Some of the combos people play with online seem broken to me, they can get one hit in and that's it say good bye to your character :/ that imo is rather broken and not everyone is that great to play as, might as well called this marvel vs marvel.

Felt like that in the beginning, let the game grow on you it will change your perspertive.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:

As far as I know of both competitive scenes MVC2 was the Marvel vs Marvel game. Though no tier lists are out, tons of Capcom characters get lots of competitive use. Dante, Wesker, Ammy, Akuma and others get tons of play. MVC2 had...the occasional Strider and Captain Commando?

Diablohead said:

You need to give it more time.

Edit: Your "marvel vs marvel" comment cannot be serious. Capcom characters actually get lots of play and can hold their own compared to MVC2. You've missed a lot of matches, streams and tournaments if you really believe that.

SolarPowered said:
You need to give it more time.

Edit: Your "marvel vs marvel" comment cannot be serious. Capcom characters actually get lots of play and can hold their own compared to MVC2. You've missed a lot of matches, streams and tournaments if you really believe that.
I watched the last few weeks worth and that's what ticked me over to buy it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diablohead said:
The marvel vs marvel comment is flat out wrong.

Maybe you haven't adhered to the physics yet. Once I got used to those, honestly as much as I love MvC2, there's no going back to it. This game is a million times more improved and refined. Somehow they accomplished the daunting task of making it even more ridiculous and fun too.

DarkoMaledictus said:
All I can say is most of the time I beat people with only my zero... ammy and taskmaster assist and sit in the corner all pissed off ;). Dante its combos all day, zero is resets all day ;). Plus with the proper assist you can extend zeros combos to about 600 000 no meter and without having to use the wonky buster button holding combo...

The more familiar I become with characters, the more I realize how unimpressive Thor's 600k bnb would be if it weren't for the resets.

That said, Dante or Zero would be my anchor, so i need to choose the one that works better without assists, and with xfactor. Jill and Wesker are great batteries, so meter doesn't matter.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:

Then how come the whopping 10 fights you played online managed to convince you that Capcom characters get no use?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Nils said:
Then how come the whopping 10 fights you played online managed to convince you that Capcom characters get no use?

Unless he meant Capcom characters don't play like their sf versions, I doubt he meant people don't use them, but rather they are very different from the regular iterations

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
The more familiar I become with characters, the more I realize how unimpressive Thor's 600k bnb would be if it weren't for the resets.

That said, Dante or Zero would be my anchor, so i need to choose the one that works better without assists, and with xfactor. Jill and Wesker are great batteries, so meter doesn't matter.

Did you drop thor for jill?

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
Second team, first is MODOK/Thor/Deadpool, second is Jill/Wesker/---

I'm thinking you may want someone with a beam assist for your Jill/Wesker team Beard.

You could use it to force a block so you could cross em up with either of those two. If not this, good ol fashioned Tatsu's are excellent to force them into you're teleports landing zone. Problem is Wesker has nothing to protect him in the air...to cover that I'd try rolling TaskMaster on Vertical shot to cover over head approaches.

Also my current teams are :

Wolverine/Ryu/Taskmaster (high pressure team with nice tatsu/v.shot setups)

Haggar/Taskmaster/Spencer (new team based on high damage and approach coverage. I generally Task assist to setup Haggar jump pipe, or Spencer standing overhead. Needs work, but potential exists)

I'm thinking of setting up a zoning high defense team for keep away matches though.

I plan on trying out

MODOK/Taskmaster/Dormammu (Premise is fill screen with traps on MODOK and use flight and psionic blasts a lot. Push out approaches with either Task shots or Dorm column. Task is only one I may get aggressive with though, but his jumping arrows w/ psionic blaster ground or Dorm flame is a solid keep away I need to do more with him on this team. Dorm is all flame carpet teleport shit all day for crossups and traps.)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
DarkoMaledictus said:
Unless he meant Capcom characters don't play like their sf versions, I doubt he meant people don't use them, but rather they are very different from the regular iterations

Oh ok that could make sense. I really prefer Marvel physics over Street Fighter myself, but then my favorite fighting game was Guilty Gear XX# and though it's been a long while since I played it, Marvel is similar in feel.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Anyone notice you rarely get a reply from a gg or any type of message. In sf people used to compliment you or gg you... in marvel most of the time its silence or the salty drop :(.

Could be because of my new psn name: TheSaltTrader ;)

LordAlu

DarkoMaledictus said:
Anyone notice you rarely get a reply from a gg or any type of message. In sf people used to compliment you or gg you... in marvel most of the time its silence or the salty drop :(.

Could be because of my new psn name: TheSaltTrader ;)
I always send out a gg whether I win or lose. If I lose particularly badly i'll ask to play them some more so I can learn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom