• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delriach

Banned
RS4- said:
yeah about the event stuff where you have to complete arcade mode under certain conditions; for example the one where you have to do team aerial combos (I believe it's #17), only TACs do damage.

It can get pretty boring going through arcade mode x amount of times, so it helps just putting the timer down to the lowest possible, damage highest just to get it over with.

Yeah, it can get tedious if you're doing them all in a row. I like the idea of certain events though. Like the Team Aerial Combo one. That one really forces players to do bigger combos if they want to actually beat arcade mode in a timely manner. Should help improve their game a bit as a result. Or make it worse... who knows lol.

This game is ass online. Ever since the patch I can barely get in any games via fight request or manually searching. Player Match is the only option... Is there some kind of gaf mvc3 friends list?

Oh yeah, fuck Dante and Wolverine. That is all.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Okay, so.

I just played through Event 2. Default difficulty/time/damage settings. And this time, Galactus was throwing out attacks at an abnormally fast pace and somehow pushed himself away from the stage so far that I could only hit him with projectiles.

The fuck?

Threi said:
err how do you think the buktooth loop is performed?

c.M, c.H, S, j.M, forward j.H, diagonal down dash, j.M (repeat x2 ). On the 3rd loop end it with j.M, j.M, forward j.H, dash diagonal down, j.M xx hyper. A good way to start the combo is with foot dive, dash forward, j.M since it has to be blocked high.

Ploid 3.0

Sixfortyfive said:
Okay, so.

I just played through Event 2. Default difficulty/time/damage settings. And this time, Galactus was throwing out attacks at an abnormally fast pace and somehow pushed himself away from the stage so far that I could only hit him with projectiles.

The fuck?

I did the last mission (air exchange combos) and he didn't seem to do anything. I was able to melee him to death.

Sixfortyfive said:
Okay, so.

The fuck?
oh man, record it!

Toski

Some of these Event modes are sadistic. I mean they want you to play online and win x number of matches in a row? With its shitty netcode? Please try harder next time Capcom.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
About these online events. You can't attempt them simultaneously, can you? Like, if you get the 5-win streak one and then start the 10-win streak one immediately after, the 5 wins you've already built up probably wouldn't count, right?

_dementia said:
oh man, record it!
I'd try to replicate it, but my capture card is laggy as fuck and I don't really have anything else handy.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
enzo_gt said:
I guess I'm actually more upset about the win x games online one. I thought someone said there was beat arcade mode with character X ones.

Don't bother did the 10 games in a row one and got the title Second-rate fighter... hmm yeah sure...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Sixfortyfive said:
About these online events. You can't attempt them simultaneously, can you? Like, if you get the 5-win streak one and then start the 10-win streak one immediately after, the 5 wins you've already built up probably wouldn't count, right?

I'd try to replicate it, but my capture card is laggy as fuck and I don't really have anything else handy.

nah, i tried it in this video, and it wont let you "stack em up": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvx13EqkSM

kinda weird imo. seems like u should be able to just select them all then just go in.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Funny how I used to get my ass handed to by the computer when I first got the game, now I tried again just for fun and its perfect after perfect. Funny how much I leveled up since then. Coming from SF it was a difficult journey but I am getting there!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Toski said:
Some of these Event modes are sadistic. I mean they want you to play online and win x number of matches in a row? With its shitty netcode? Please try harder next time Capcom.

Seriously not sure why people complain about the netcode, most of my games are completely lag free. Went on player matches, on my first try I got the 10 games in a row... really not much to it!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't even know where to START with this game. I can do basic L>M>H>S>*air*L>M>H>S/Ultra/Team Combo

but I don't know how to do anything cool, how to get in on my opponents, how to use assists effectively or what makes certain assists good.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Timedog said:
I don't even know where to START with this game. I can do basic L>M>H>S>*air*L>M>H>S/Ultra/Team Combo

but I don't know how to do anything cool, how to get in on my opponents, how to use assists effectively or what makes certain assists good.

dude just pick ryu and do you.

El Sloth

Banned
Timedog said:

I think this article that Haunts posted might be helpful for you:
IPW Feature: Deadpool/Chris/Dante Team Analysis and Breakdown Part One

Certainly helping me out since I've got a pretty big dilemma right now on when/which assists to use and which characters work best with Dorm. Especially since I've been considering running Chris or Deadpool on point to build up meter for Dorm.

Toski

DarkoMaledictus said:
Seriously not sure why people complain about the netcode, most of my games are completely lag free. Went on player matches, on my first try I got the 10 games in a row... really not much to it!
I always wonder if two people playing each other have the same experience. One dude doesn't seem to have input delay and is beasting, the other guy is sitting there trying to do something but its just coming out late or not at all. There are a few times when I can say I had a lag free game, but the vast majority of the time the delay just throws everything off.

Zissou

haunts said:
Guys... I did the full ghetto ROM combo last night. im so happy. lmao.

so, I hate pimping my own stuff and i hope you guys dont mind, but this article by magus is really good, esp for those of you still a little lost on how to form a team. it goes over his deadpool/chris/dante team -- more on the way too as this is just part one.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/...chrisdante-team-analysis-and-breakdown-p.html

This is really cool. I'm much more interested in reading stuff about overall strategy. It's seems like 90% of the information out there is just about combos, while I struggle find good information on team synergy, zoning (both doing it and getting around it), anti-airing effectively, etc.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Probably wont be around tonight to post this, but RAMnation MVC3 Tourney with $100 Bonus will be live around 10PM PST on Finest KO:

http://www.justin.tv/finestko

Zissou said:
This is really cool. I'm much more interested in reading stuff about overall strategy. It's seems like 90% of the information out there is just about combos, while I struggle find good information on team synergy, zoning (both doing it and getting around it), anti-airing effectively, etc.

sweet. this is just the beginning as we have a ton of stuff like this lined up for the near future. glad everyone is enjoying it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
haunts said:
kinda weird imo. seems like u should be able to just select them all then just go in.

Yep, kinda annoying that they don't stack.

Where the hell is Razor or Log Ride so I can cheat and get those with little effort? ;___;

Ploid 3.0

It's like the challenge mode in SF4 in a way. It have you playing the game in a certain way through arcade mode. For example, you can only do damage with air exchange combos, you're health will slowly decrease, you can only do damage with normal attacks, etc. The thing is you can put the difficulty on whatever, and it's all about grinding to see how cool the tags look. I did the first and last event and the tags look plain. First is a blue background with a sprout with some blah text. The last is a pink background with text as well.

5560311128_ec22096c9b_z.jpg

Threi

notag
Timedog said:
Is there like NO recovery on anything in this game? I can't punish shit.
Most of the smaller chars in the game can indeed mash as much as they please. A lot of players who play em cry "bubu low health!" so there's your balancing effect i guess. The larger chars have super armor which makes punishing tricker. Everyone else though has stuff that's punishable...well except wesker.

Ferrio

Banned
Timedog said:

With online, and the nature of some characters ya it isn't going to happen unless they leave themselves open with something big. If your character isn't fast enough to punish you're going to have to use ample use of pushblock and assists.

Threi

notag
Sixfortyfive said:
that too. Makes me smh when you think players have good conversion to damage when you play them, get all impressed...then they wind up just a liiiiiiitle bit out of the range of their low L and you see it; them just mashing away at it until it hits. Happens so much with morrigan too, catch a lot of them mashing.

But you know can't hate, if they have a tool to use then by all means use it. I think Ammy is cheap as all hell and hilariously easy to hitconfirm off, but I still have her second on my team. Who am I to judge?

:p

NeoUltima

Damnit, I cannot fight against Ammy for shit ;/
I can push block, but then she just rushes back in instantly with that amazing M attack(or w/e it is).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can someone explain to me whats going with wolvies dive kick( the properties). Today was the first time I played with him in training mode. The dive kick is weird because if you try to do it after a launch combo you can only do after very particular moves. All the notations I have seen have it after a drill claw?

It seems that l m h s j.l j.m divekick will not work.

Dive kick right after the launcher will come out and connect fine.

DR2K

Banned
Timedog said:

You have the street fighter 4 mentality where you just hold block and free damage will come your way after a move. You need to start getting in the habit of dodging moves and punishing while the move is still in animation.

jdub03

MThanded said:
Can someone explain to me whats going with wolvies dive kick( the properties). Today was the first time I played with him in training mode. The dive kick is weird because if you try to do it after a launch combo you can only do after very particular moves. All the notations I have seen have it after a drill claw?

I usually just do it after air magic series into drill claw. I'm not really sure you can do it after any other move. I need to test it later.

Toski

MThanded said:

Its usually used after a drill claw cancel, which will put you close enough to connect. Also due to hit stun deterioration, trying to do it after a certain point they'll jump out of it when you go for the dive kick.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Threi said:
Most of the smaller chars in the game can indeed mash as much as they please. A lot of players who play em cry "bubu low health!" so there's your balancing effect i guess. The larger chars have super armor which makes punishing tricker. Everyone else though has stuff that's punishable...well except wesker.

Yeah was trying to punish that wesker a b c... no dice, that shit should be mad punishable!

Dahbomb

You have to do H, Drill Claw forward into Dive Kick. I believe there is even a Mission mode for it.

And you can only do this once or else you will be able to loop with it. Like for example you can do basic ground combo into launcher, super jump M, M, H, Drill Claw, Dive Kick back to the ground H, S and then air combo. Now in this air combo you should not be able to connect with Drill Claw + Drive Kick.

The basic BnB with Wolverine (or at least the one that I use) is jump in S, M, M, H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, Drill Claw, Dive Kick, H, S, j.M, J.M, j.H, Drill Claw xx Fatal Claw.

You can also go with the S after the final j.H and try to OTG with d/f M and an assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom