• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
shaowebb said:
I'm thinking you may want someone with a beam assist for your Jill/Wesker team Beard.

You could use it to force a block so you could cross em up with either of those two. If not this, good ol fashioned Tatsu's are excellent to force them into you're teleports landing zone. Problem is Wesker has nothing to protect him in the air...to cover that I'd try rolling TaskMaster on Vertical shot to cover over head approaches.

Also my current teams are :

Wolverine/Ryu/Taskmaster (high pressure team with nice tatsu/v.shot setups)

Haggar/Taskmaster/Spencer (new team based on high damage and approach coverage. I generally Task assist to setup Haggar jump pipe, or Spencer standing overhead. Needs work, but potential exists)

I'm thinking of setting up a zoning high defense team for keep away matches though.

I plan on trying out

MODOK/Taskmaster/Dormammu (Premise is fill screen with traps on MODOK and use flight and psionic blasts a lot. Push out approaches with either Task shots or Dorm column. Task is only one I may get aggressive with though, but his jumping arrows w/ psionic blaster ground or Dorm flame is a solid keep away I need to do more with him on this team. Dorm is all flame carpet teleport shit all day for crossups and traps.)
Oh my first team is something I'm trying to balance like that, the second is just about abusing the fuck out of teleports. I think I can make it work with weird assists. I'm probably gonna go with Zero. Dante is too straightforward with his teleport.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trish/Haggar/doom is what im running now. Trish is a really good all around character. She has a dive kick, she can fly, she has projectiles and she has traps.

Doom beam assist is godlike.
Trish trap assist is also godlike.

Sblargh

Banned
The "get hit once, eat a combo, lose a character" is so... gah... so... oh my god, how do you people play this game without raging?

Sblargh said:
The "get hit once, eat a combo, lose a character" is so... gah... so... oh my god, how do you people play this game without raging?
just think of it like losing 33.3% of your life in a 1-on-1 fighter and focus on kicking ass with your remaining characters.

shaowebb

ICallItFutile said:
They must have really thought he was unbalanced to drop his health that much. Now he has less health than Viewtiful Joe. o_O

Theres some perspective for ya...

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't continue tweaking Sentinel though. As tech came out he was already a character folks could deal with, and now with him already having a whole cast with more mixups than he could ever hope to be built capable to withstand he will likely be a joke character soon without some sort of tweaking.

Imagine what'll be commonplace gaming in a year from now? I really don't think Sent will be able to contend with the kind of tech people put together in this game without another tweak later.There's just so much teleport, rushdown, crossup potential in this game that a guy with a half screen hitbox and a glass jaw is nothing but a target.If your tight you'll do okay with him right now, but his stuff is really punishable as we all know and one combo can end him completely now.

For now while it's early it acts as a bandaid for salty scrubs though. It's a temporary balancer but as tactics levelup he will descend further and further into punishable setups that people find.

I'm betting X-factor gets a universal patch at some point and in it we see Sent's health change again to compensate.

Jill is so much fun. She doesn't do a ton of damage, but her combos are retardedly hectic. I haven't explored much of her potential, so I'm sure people know about this basic one:

jump MMHS, land, jump MMHS, MHS, jump MMHS, OTG assist, jump MMHS, land S, jump MMHS

480,300 damage, no meter or x-factor. I'm sure once I do her trials and check out her section in the guide she'll be amazing.

_dementia said:
just think of it like losing 33.3% of your life in a 1-on-1 fighter and focus on kicking ass with your remaining characters.
Nah, there's no rounds in Marvel.

Currently getting run over by a crazy ass guy playing Magneto/Dante/Sentinel :/

Any scrubs up for training? I need to fight folks closer to my skill level :/

My GT is General Convo

jdub03

Dahbomb said:
You have to do H, Drill Claw forward into Dive Kick. I believe there is even a Mission mode for it.

And you can only do this once or else you will be able to loop with it. Like for example you can do basic ground combo into launcher, super jump M, M, H, Drill Claw, Dive Kick back to the ground H, S and then air combo. Now in this air combo you should not be able to connect with Drill Claw + Drive Kick.

The basic BnB with Wolverine (or at least the one that I use) is jump in S, M, M, H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, Drill Claw, Dive Kick, H, S, j.M, J.M, j.H, Drill Claw xx Fatal Claw.

You can also go with the S after the final j.H and try to OTG with d/f M and an assist.

You can connect with another drill claw dive kick. It just won't ground bounce. It might need to be in the corner but I've done it several times before.

Actually I take it back, can't stand this game online, rookies with 0w 0l getting perfect air combos on me chained into supers, fuck that shit at least I can stand a chance in street fighter.

i'm out for good.

MThanded

Diablohead said:
Actually I take it back, can't stand this game online, rookies with 0w 0l getting perfect air combos on me chained into supers, fuck that shit at least I can stand a chance in street fighter.

i'm out for good.
Yo send me your copy.

A win loss record means nothing. They could have only been playing player matches.

MThanded said:
Yo send me your copy.

A win loss record means nothing. They could have only been playing player matches.
I forgot to add in 3 player combos where they swap out mid air combo.

I know, win loss doesn't mean much but damn it's like picking on the younger kids at school, not fun. It takes like 5 to 8 arcade rounds to find a fight in the first place and I get lumped with that shit.

El Sloth

Banned
Diablohead said:

i'm out for good.
Can I get your copy then? I've been looking to get one for a bud of mine.

Sblargh

Banned
For this game to be fun, you have to play someone in your level, someone who you win some and lose some.
If the guy is better then you, there is no learning involved, you press a button, he kills you, lol, that's it. You don't know why, you just feel powerless and frustrated and there is nothing to indicate you why or to let you practice why.

But if you play someone you win some, you lose some, then there is some learning involved, then you can practice stuf, then it feels like a real game and not just rage fuel.

Duelist

Sblargh said:
For this game to be fun, you have to play someone in your level, someone who you win some and lose some.
If the guy is better then you, there is no learning involved, you press a button, he kills you, lol, that's it. You don't know why, you just feel powerless and frustrated and there is nothing to indicate you why or to let you practice why.

But if you play someone you win some, you lose some, then there is some learning involved, then you can practice stuf, then it feels like a real game and not just rage fuel.

You can improve your blocking skills way faster with someone who knows what they're doing. And pick up on the shenanigans they're using so you don't fall for them with anyone else.

Sblargh

Banned
Duelist said:
You can improve your blocking skills way faster with someone who knows what they're doing. And pick up on the shenanigans they're using so you don't fall for them with anyone else.

Problem is that it's not clear what the shenanigan is. Learning SF4, you would slowly learn that at this distance, Zangief can actually grab; if Ken jumps from this distance, hits on the back, etc etc.

Here you stay on the defensive and then comes an assist, a trap and I don't even know, stuff starts appearing on the screen and one of them breaks your defense and there you go being fucked.
So you go on the offensive and it is the same thing, only much worse, you don't know what he did that was better than your attack, but there you go being fucked again.

I'm not saying the game can't be a lot of fun, but the entry ticked it demands you is so fucked up. It's not about not being able to block something, it's about not even knowing what the something that started a huge combo is.

MThanded

robut said:
Where are they streaming from? Seems like somewhere in the south.
texas laredo i think

Wesker got tron on a leash with that counter-> x factor -> combo

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Rorschach said:
I wish I got silence. Lots of hate mail or ramblings on the mic. "Lucky bitch" "coward" "f*g" etc

I don't use my mic on this game, and my volume's rarely high enough to really hear what they're saying if they're saying anything at all. That said, I've gotten no hatemail so far and I must have played about a 100 matches so far. I sometimes message people I play multiple matches in a row with to compliment them and so far I've only gotten positive messages back.

My bad on the invite from earlier, Convo.

My cousin dropped by so wer were setting my surround sound system and watching some stuff on Netflix. I didn't even notice your invite.
Duelist said:
Not every beginner can handle constant hidden missiles, Taskmaster arrows and disruptor beams for the entirety of the match only to get their asses handed to them on a silver platter. That shit is just not very friendly for someone who is new to the game. I am a firm believer in learning skill through constant play and ass kicking, but you are asking people to literally become virtual ragdolls for dozens if not hundreds of matches until it clicks.

I can't do that to anyone who is learning fighting games with me for the first time. It's not nice or very conductive in the long run if you ask me.

def sim

I'm never talked to directly when I hear shit talk during games. I'm guessing dudes have kinect and forgot to turn the mic feature off.

SolarPowered said:

My cousin dropped by so wer were setting my surround sound system and watching some stuff on Netflix. I didn't even notice your invite.

Its ok I forgive you ;P

I ended up fighting some beastly guy for like 25 matches...I won 2 of them :/
His Magneto was fucking insane

NinajHeartless said:
Its ok I forgive you ;P

I ended up fighting some beastly guy for like 25 matches...I won 2 of them :/
His Magneto was fucking insane
I missed out pretty bad then. I like fighting against all odds every once in a while.

Duelist

SolarPowered said:

Not every beginner can handle constant hidden missiles, Taskmaster arrows and disruptor beams for the entirety of the match only to get their asses handed to them on a silver platter. That shit is just not very friendly for someone who is new to the game. I am a firm believer in learning skill through constant play and ass kicking, but you are asking people to literally become virtual ragdolls for dozens if not hundreds of matches until it clicks.

I can't do that to anyone who is learning fighting games with me for the first time. It's not nice or very conductive in the long run if you ask me.

If you're just playing for fun, sure that sucks. If you're actually trying to get better at any fighting game, get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom