• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why the hate with the chat, great place to ask people for 1v1s. Ya sometimes people might be afk or in other fights, still no reason not to take 5 seconds time to join the room.
I'm always there if I'm online.

The team aerial combos sounds annoying. I wonder after aerial exchange, does the damage occur until the combo is done (so you can OTG into more damage) or if it stops the second he hits the ground.
I'm not sure, but air hypers used during TACs count. I used Taskmaster's Legion Arrow LM a lot.

This game on Very Hard has the worst AI I ever saw in a fighting game. EVAR.
Sentinel's c.M > the entire game's AI.

Edit: Oh I played against Karsticles last. That dude's Dorm blew my mind. I got a lucky win the first fight due to level 3 akuma, after that I was a lemming walking into the grinder. I wanted to watch him play against other people in the chat.
GGs, and level 3 X-Factor Akuma is the bane of my existence.

Great article.

Guys... I did the full ghetto ROM combo last night. im so happy. lmao.

so, I hate pimping my own stuff and i hope you guys dont mind, but this article by magus is really good, esp for those of you still a little lost on how to form a team. it goes over his deadpool/chris/dante team -- more on the way too as this is just part one.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/2...eakdown-p.html
Seriously, pimp it. Otherwise it gets overlooked. If it's a waste, the worst I have to go through is closing the tab and moving past your post. At best, I level up.

Hulk on point with hsein-ko gold armor assist is hilarity.
One of my primary sparring partners uses Thor/Hsien-ko/Haggar.

I'm having trouble doing double DP inputs on a stick. For example, this is required to do Dante's beehive attack (it's the kicking attack - with one DP it is the volcano downward punch). I can do it fine on a pad, but I'm way better doing most other things on a stick. I'm at the point where, using a stick, I can only get like 3/10 beehives to show up rather than volcanoes, and I'm sure I know the correct timing because I can do it 10/10 times on a pad. Any tips?

Actually IDK if it's even worth bothering with since I don't use the attack that much, there are probably other things I could work on that would more efficiently use my time.
Try a F, QCF motion. The game reads it as a DP input. Your second F will also buffer the Bee Hive style cancel, so just another QCF is needed.

I'm going to be so mad if Phoenix gets hit with the "dumb nerf" stick because of the whining the community is doing against her. Fixing her character properties so Phoenix herself can shine and DP mode is just a cool perk? I'm cool with that.
From Phoenix w/ 420K health and Dark Phoenix w/ 420K health to:
Phoenix w/ 640K health and Dark Phoenix w/ 200K health.

I would love that.

Good god, Air Exchange combos are the most rage inducing shit. I once played this guy who had phoenix (and had that morrigan assist too) on his team and all he did was air exchanges for meter building and did no normal combos at all, he was a high lord. I hate having to mash 360+S while i'm getting comboed.

Air Exchange is scrubbier than X Factor imho.
This, so this. Randomness is stupid in general, but Capcom could have at least kept in the ability to punish the exchanges.

I hate air exchange combos too, kinda a guessing game with them online due to lag.
Is it somehow different offline? You only get 1 input to guess with regardless.

There's little doubt in my mind that Phoenix is the best character in the game right now (barring exploits that may be discovered down the line), and she's absolutely infuriating to fight against with a number of characters, but I'm honestly really happy with her implementation and don't think she should be changed. I really like all of the extra strategic factors that come into play on both sides when she's present.
I could think of a few buffs to Dormammu that would be appreciated...

HiResDes

Sanford Vs. Ronald - This match is finally up on youtube, and while I like Sanford's team a lot better it doesn't seem it's worth the time and effort to learn C. Viper given her damage output, which seems to be quite lackluster. Of course, I'm not very good, so I could be wrong.

Rorschach

That match seemed so amateurish. Does Ronald even know how to use Iron Man or Tron? Sanford should be embarrassed that he barely won that.

Ferrio

Banned
Rorschach said:
That match seemed so amateurish. Does Ronald even know how to use Iron Man or Tron? Sanford should be embarrassed that he barely won that.

Ya, looks like somethig you'd see online. Jumping attacks leading to no where, random supers, dropped combos everywhere, sentinals...

edit: wow ammy's cold star assist in the corner with felicia is brutal.

C Jones

HiResDes said:
Sanford Vs. Ronald - This match is finally up on youtube, and while I like Sanford's team a lot better it doesn't seem it's worth the time and effort to learn C. Viper given her damage output, which seems to be quite lackluster. Of course, I'm not very good, so I could be wrong.
Viper's box dash loop with a super tacked on the end (which usually happens because the loop will take the opponent to the corner most of the time) does around 740 K of damage. That's with one bar. She definitely has the touch of death.

hitsugi

HiResDes said:
Vipers tri jump, damage output and tools are all insane. She can do like 5-600k with almost no effort or meter.... and that's right now. People won't need 7 years to hit the skill cap with mvc3 but you can bet on Viper expanding over time

McNum

HiResDes said:
JimmyP Vs. Chris G - Best Felicia in the world? So sick
Hm? Felicia and Zero go well together? Interesting, I've been wanting a reason to pick up Zero. I wonder if Tron would be a good third... Can't fault the Gustav Flame assist, at least.

Nice video at least, gave me a few things to think about. Not that my Felicia is even close to that, but still. It's good to have a target, even if it's very out of reach.

Ferrio

Banned
McNum said:
Hm? Felicia and Zero go well together? Interesting, I've been wanting a reason to pick up Zero. I wonder if Tron would be a good third... Can't fault the Gustav Flame assist, at least.

Tron works well with an OTG assist, or an assist that issues multiple hits (so you can use her otg -> assist). Reason is she can't do her awesome combos that end into her supers unless she has either... otherwise you have to cut the combo really short.

Also seen some zeros do nice things with tron assist. Zero recovers fast enough you can call her out during your magic series then restart the series again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
McNum said:

Nice video at least, gave me a few things to think about. Not that my Felicia is even close to that, but still. It's good to have a target, even if it's very out of reach.
o_O those are just mission mode combos and basics o_O

wongs felicia shits all over that one

Ferrio

Banned
Also having very limited success with my spiderman/hulk/wesker team. Spiderman is doing okay, I have hell of a time capitalizing on hits since getting in with him is different than most characters. Even when I do I usually fuck up my BnB since the juggle requires some decent timing.

Wesker so far is a total loss, my BnB for him is a pain... and I just don't have the mindset for his teleport sheningans yet.

Hulk is the star of the team so far, just because his execution is so bloody easy, and people online love eating his stuff. He's awesome paired up with wesker OTG assist, follows up spidey's maximum spider with a great DHC, and gives spidey some nice pressure with his assist.

McNum

Ferrio said:
Tron works well with an OTG assist, or an assist that issues multiple hits (so you can use her otg -> assist). Reason is she can't do her awesome combos that end into her supers unless she has either... otherwise you have to cut the combo really short.
I've noticed. I get a combo started and fairly early end in a "Now what do I do?" situation. Unfortunately, Felicia's low assist isn't an OTG, and Zero doesn't have anything like that. The obvious thing here is use Wesker instead, but I just don't like him very much.

Suddenly, I get a wacky idea. I saw that you can catch the opponent in a beam assist so they don't impact the ground and stay airborne for a longer combo for Tron... I wonder if that can be done with Felicia's Sand Splash assist, too? That could look funny, at least, and maybe even work. I don't see why it has to be a beam, you just need a hit just as then get sent downwards. The question then is, is that worth sacrificing the Rolling Buckler assist for? With Tron having a good jumping H and Felicia providing a low assist, it gets easy to get in. With Zero being similar with a good jumping H, it gets tricky to pick.

In any case, it could be fun to experiment with. I need to get some more practice in at least, get a few useful combos for my most used characters down right. Nothing fancy, just a little something to shave off 3-400k meterless that can be pulled off online. That'd be nice to have.

Dahbomb

Man Taskmaster is so easy to combo with and do beastly damage and aside from characters like Hulk/Dormamu/Sentinel, I did Taskmaster's Mission mode in less than 20 minutes. I just got stuck a bit on the last one even though it wasn't hard on paper (some weird corner spacing/timing issue on the Web Swing into MMS into MH b+H S). His normals are just crazy good.

Taskmaster makes me not want to play with Spider Man or Captain America. :/

Oh and playing with She Hulk makes me realize how on point Justin Wong/Combofiend were with everything. Like just stuff that they make look easy like Air Throw, Command Run, Low punch dive into Super has some decent timing to it but they are so good they never mess it up. And She Hulk has more potential and has more mix up than people have used already.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Caj814 said:
MvC3 Wolverine Just a little off the top
qFEool.jpg

2q3oznk.jpg

Just think about it

SmokeMaxX

Hey guys, if you're around the Arkansas area, please come to A.R.K. III on April 2nd! Almost all of the big names are coming in from around the region. Justin F'ing Wong has even inquired about coming to our event last minute! Our link is here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/*ucc*-r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-8-games-over-120-people-261820/
If you got any questions, hit me up! We'd love to have all you guys. We're expecting a TON of people for each event. We might even run pool play for Marvel and SSF4.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I finally got my hands on this game this weekend. I hadn't played a MvC game before this one ever so it's completely new to me. I played about 30-40 matches. I had sooooo much fun. I'm definitely looking to buy it now. The game is pretty deep. The team I was rocking for a while was Felicia, Zero and Viewtiful Joe. They just looked the coolest to me so I picked them lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tashi0106 said:
I finally got my hands on this game this weekend. I hadn't played a MvC game before this one ever so it's completely new to me. I played about 30-40 matches. I had sooooo much fun. I'm definitely looking to buy it now. The game is pretty deep. The team I was rocking for a while was Felicia, Zero and Viewtiful Joe. They just looked the coolest to me so I picked them lol.
Seal the deal.

I've watched that probably 10-15 times.

zlatko

Banned
Tashi0106 said:

I'm selling a mint copy over in the buy/sell/trade thread if you wanna get it a bit cheaper. :)

JeTmAn81

Had a little time before work this morning so I got in some play. Got totally bodied by a couple of guys who knew exactly how to take apart my scrub tactics. Anybody have any tips for getting in with Dante? I have to admit, I've been relying on teleport->S to start way too many combos, but I know that's too predictable and easily defended to work on any but the scrubbiest.

I guess I just have problems in general starting combos without the use of "gimmicks", or rather single specials that if timed right will open my opponent up. For instance, Taskmaster's shield charge works pretty well for that. But I really have no tools for opening with normals because I don't know how to get close enough to hit them without getting hit first. I get the feeling I need to do a lot more air moves for openers, something I haven't really done much of since the needed timing isn't apparent to me.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
SmokeMaxX said:
Haha I wouldn't mind if they buffed Phoenix, if they'd remove the dumb stuff about her. I don't care if a character is strong as long as they're either fun to fight or fun to fight against. I don't think Sentinel needed to be nerfed. I don't necessarily think Phoenix needs to be "nerfed" just changed in a way that means I don't have to run away from her for 50 seconds. Level 3 x factor O. Sentinel is much less scary than lvl 1 x factor Dark Phoenix. At least with Sentinel I had things I could do to guarantee I have a chance to attack. I honestly can't find that many strategies to attack Dark Phoenix with any type of character. It shouldn't be easy to hit her, but you shouldn't have to rely on random hits just to do it.

Reserve your meter for dp... once she starts spamming orbs hyper her ass. Insta kill phoenix... anyway works erll well on phoenix newbs ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
zlatko said:
I'm selling a mint copy over in the buy/sell/trade thread if you wanna get it a bit cheaper. :)

Got that tired of it, huh?

Threi

notag
DarkoMaledictus said:
Reserve your meter for dp... once she starts spamming orbs hyper her ass. Insta kill phoenix... anyway works erll well on phoenix newbs ;)
seriously.

"oooooh yeah baby DP is out YOU CAN'T HIT ME HAHAHAHAHA MY BUTTONS WIN- WTF BIONIC ARM?!"

Ack..just had my third Xbox death and the first that I'm actually going to have to pay for out of warranty. I already get little enough time as it is for MvC3 so it stinks to have the box gone for a couple of weeks while I get it fixed.

Before it went down I'd moved over to a new team of Chris / Arthur / Doom and was having a lot of fun with it. I'm not very good, but my particular set of not very good seems to work better with keepaway than it did with rushdown. With Chris I try mainly to just build meter, jumping around like a loon and using lots of air shotgun. I like that when I get my timing down I can do massive chip damage by getting them afraid to move once I've launched hidden missiles then I hit them with grenades and gunfire M. Then with Arthur I usually have a bunch of meter to burn so that I can push them away with goddess bracelet or punish predictable assists with his level 3. Really need to do more with Doom, but I've not put in the lab time yet to really get his foot dive -> air dash cancel down so I usually just end up hanging in the air like an idiot and not doing really good damage, he's pretty much assist for me at this point.

Solune

DarkoMaledictus said:
Funny I had a phoenix who didn't xfactor and just died to chip even after I failed to kill her twice after snapping her in.

Ferrio

Banned
Solune said:
Funny I had a phoenix who didn't xfactor and just died to chip even after I failed to kill her twice after snapping her in.

Worst feeling ever is snapping pheonix in, and having her tag back out.

Ferrio

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
Its incredible how much zero is a newb killer, shout outs to perfects and ocv's lol

*glares* Teleports and dashes online uggggh

Prototype-03 said:
That's wrong. The worst feeling is snapping phoenix in only to realize you snapped in the wrong character.

Did that so many times vs a Hsein-ko super armor assist the other day. Snap in.... get she-hulk..... FUCK!

ApolloJoh

Prototype-03 said:
That's wrong. The worst feeling is snapping phoenix in only to realize you snapped in the wrong character.
Lol, happens to me often. I always have to quickly double/triple check which slot the character I want to snap-in during a combo.

MThanded

My new haggar trish tech is sick.

If you call her peekaboo assist the same time you launch with haggar you can prevent ground bounce from occurring. Your pipe will hit them in the trap and you can launch them again before the stun wears off. It's quality tech that will work with other characters that have relaunch combos. You effectively get an extra ground bounce.

Also gut punch super into the sword spin super is great.

Ferrio said:
Well dammit then play my spiderman team, we can both be noobs! Never see you on lately! Wait shit tron? Ughhhhhhh

I've been doing other stuff plus I raged at the online couple days ago. I'll probably get back into it today or something.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
Suddenly, this game just got awesome again.

*No Spectator mode*

...Goddamn it, Capcom. :/
Huh, the game has always been like this. That mag loop has been around for a while, sephiroth does those wesker resets to me also.

You guys are silly xD

It's nice to see Yipes getting into it though.

MThanded

QisTopTier said:
Huh, the game has always been like this. That mag loop has been around for a while, sephiroth does those wesker resets to me also.

You guys are silly xD

It's nice to see Yipes getting into it though.
Thank you captain killjoy. We are just happy to see yipes back in the mix.

Stay pringles fooool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom