• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Threi said:
ijYkl2.gif

Of course the best moment in MvC3 shown so far has Spencer in it...he has a bionic arm.
Right click -> Save.

Holy fuck at Yipes just barely connecting that Wesker level 3 at the end of it's range.

Dirtbag

I really need to learn a good strategy for dealing with that goddamn dog. My base team isn't really equipped for her, she destroys me. Spencer is my main, who totally blows against her. My anchor is Morrigan, and my other player is either Skrull / Trish / x-23.

x-23 seems to be the best against the dog since she got some good mixups and she's fast as fuck.

HiResDes

So happy to see IFC Yipes back in control, and when Sanford gets good I'm may just have to put down the controller for a while and just sit back and watch.

dankir

I spent a few hours playing SSFIV 3D on my 3DS today, it's pretty fucking impressive. Literally 1 for 1 port of the console. The online is smooth and seems better than my 360 connection lol.

MT Framework Mobile is might impressive, crossing my fingers for a MvC3 3DS port :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dankir said:
I spent a few hours playing SSFIV 3D on my 3DS today, it's pretty fucking impressive. Literally 1 for 1 port of the console. The online is smooth and seems better than my 360 connection lol.

MT Framework Mobile is might impressive, crossing my fingers for a MvC3 3DS port :)
Capcom said don't hold your breath when asked about this a few months ago. Things could change, but still.

SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX said:
Hey guys, if you're around the Arkansas area, please come to A.R.K. III on April 2nd! Almost all of the big names are coming in from around the region. Justin F'ing Wong has even inquired about coming to our event last minute! Our link is here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/*ucc*-r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-8-games-over-120-people-261820/
If you got any questions, hit me up! We'd love to have all you guys. We're expecting a TON of people for each event. We might even run pool play for Marvel and SSF4.
Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, Jon Lo, ThyAllMighty, TWG Arthur, TWG TostitoSalsa, ARK Chaotix, and ARK XI to Arkansas confirmed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I swear to god I didn't know Astral Vision jabs were blockable until Ultimoo (I believe) laid the smackdown (jabdown?) on Live. Shit is disheartening.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Ghad, worked my ass off on this latest episode of The Online Warrior for MVC3. Should be up tomorrow morning. With any luck, it'll be a slow news day :lol

Had a little time before work this morning so I got in some play. Got totally bodied by a couple of guys who knew exactly how to take apart my scrub tactics. Anybody have any tips for getting in with Dante? I have to admit, I've been relying on teleport->S to start way too many combos, but I know that's too predictable and easily defended to work on any but the scrubbiest.
Step 1 to playing Dante effectively: Bold cancel everything.
Step 2 to playing Dante effectively: Bold cancel everything.
Step 3 to...you get the point.

Don't naked teleport. If you're full-screen, throw a Drive out first. If you're half-screen, air dash forward, j.M, ground normal series, and if it gets blocked, cancel into Air Trick. There's a lot more to him than that, but if you're looking to up your game, the trick is to cancel everything you do into something else until your opponent screws up.

Reserve your meter for dp... once she starts spamming orbs hyper her ass. Insta kill phoenix... anyway works erll well on phoenix newbs ;)
I think this is pretty important in concept. Phoenix needs 5 bars saved, but I see a lot of players burn all their meter only to face Phoenix with an empty one. Play a little more conservatively - your opponent had to hold off on 5 meters, maybe you can save 2 or 3 to help handle Phoenix.

Worst feeling ever is snapping pheonix in, and having her tag back out.
I think I have you beat: snap Phoenix in, only to have her kill one of your characters, then tag out. It hasn't happened to me (I don't snap her in, my team just isn't made for it), but I've seen it happen a lot in tournaments.

Lol, happens to me often. I always have to quickly double/triple check which slot the character I want to snap-in during a combo.
I have to check my character order when DHCing mid-match if I've been swapping around a lot, otherwise I try to Legion Arrow LM -> Chaotic Flame, but instead get Legion Arrow LM -> Chaos Dimension.

No level 3 should be on the QCF motion.

Ghad, worked my ass off on this latest episode of The Online Warrior for MVC3. Should be up tomorrow morning. With any luck, it'll be a slow news day :lol
I've watched them all (without sound) and enjoyed them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
TheSeks said:
Suddenly, this game just got awesome again.

*No Spectator mode*

...Goddamn it, Capcom. :/

Good to see it finally clicking for Yipes. Though, he's really just doing Mags and Wesker stuff that we've seen for quite some time now.

Grecco

_dementia said:
First I'm hearing of it.
Paid DLC for Shadow mode huh? What's included?

I cant believe i bought it just to find out :( Give me a sec.

3 more Shadow Batle Fights, you get the titles Worlds Strongest, The Promised Land, and Lucky Star

Instead of fighting developers you fight teams of street fighter, darkstalkers, and Resident Evil.... (Wow kind of dumb kind of regret buying it now)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Grecco said:

3 more Shadow Batle Fights, you get the titles Worlds Strongest, The Promised Land, and Lucky Star

Instead of fighting developers you fight teams of street fighter, darkstalkers, and Resident Evil.... (Wow kind of dumb kind of regret buying it now)

That sounds so lame. :( Any achievements or icons?

USD said:
I don't care what anyone says, MvC2 music is awesome.
I really enjoy MvC2's music too, but I'll be the first to admit it's pretty out of place.
Everything related to the UI, HUD, BGM, and stages lack cohesion.

I wonder what the budget for MvC2 was and where they got some of the assets from. It's kind of fascinating to wonder if they were meant for some other title.

Vital information for firefight-related affairs.
Nice! Now we just need spreadsheets of all the normals in the game.

Good to see it finally clicking for Yipes. Though, he's really just doing Mags and Wesker stuff that we've seen for quite some time now.
It's not about what you do, but how you do it. None of the big names in MvC2 discovered Magneto's ROM, either.

Pay? To fight AI? Ridiculous. I hope Capcom does not gauge interest in DLC characters based on this.

Grecco

Theres still alot of shadow batle titles avilable so my guess its gonna be more pay to play.

I kinda hoped we would get AI based on famous pro players. That would be neat i guess.

shaowebb

Sixfortyfive said:
24 remaining titles / 3 titles per pack * $1 per pack = $LOL

I was actually kind of expecting them to test something silly like that. They want a lot of DLC cast from what the developers mentioned, but funding it is likely going to end up a problem after awhile.
Expect anything and everything that can be offered on the cheap as an add on to become present in this game due to this funding demands they'll have for all the cast they were hoping to build later.

I was actually kind of expecting them to test something silly like that. They want a lot of DLC cast from what the developers mentioned, but funding it is likely going to end up a problem after awhile.
Expect anything and everything that can be offered on the cheap as an add on to become present in this game due to this funding demands they'll have for all the cast they were hoping to build later.
If somehow Capcom could promise me that we would get, say, 20 more characters as DLC over the next year if I bought their Shadow Mode nonsense, I would do it. Unfortunately, it's about group sales, and my actions change nothing.

Karsticles said:
If somehow Capcom could promise me that we would get, say, 20 more characters as DLC over the next year if I bought their Shadow Mode nonsense, I would do it. Unfortunately, it's about group sales, and my actions change nothing.

You'd pay 100$ ONLY for characters, when the base GAME had 36 for 60$!!
I'm speechless... And people wonder how Capcom gets away with this shit *sigh*

jdub03

BotoxAgent said:

Somebody needs to translate what he's saying when he keeps looping the same combo. I'm kind of interested in what it is he's explaining.

Kimosabae said:
Chris G vs IFC Yipes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSTlZmjlQCA&feature=feedu

Christ, this has to be the most refined gameplay I've seen so far. People are finally starting to get comfortably good at this game.

I'm so behind, I have a hard time just finding and using the Assist buttons on my TE.

*sigh*

I picked a character that needed assist to maximize damage in combos. This helped me in getting comfortable with using them. I still forget to use assist to cover me when I'm rushing down but I'm getting better.

Kimosabae said:
Chris G vs IFC Yipes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSTlZmjlQCA&feature=feedu

Christ, this has to be the most refined gameplay I've seen so far. People are finally starting to get comfortably good at this game.

I'm so behind, I have a hard time just finding and using the Assist buttons on my TE.

*sigh*
It's really neat seeing the fights swing so dramatically in one way or another. Marvel is definitely a game that benefits from long sets between two players.

Ferrio

Banned
jdub03 said:
Somebody needs to translate what he's saying when he keeps looping the same combo. I'm kind of interested in what it is he's explaining.

Probably something to do with the spacing so that you actually throw them into the same corner instead of the opposite side.

Some impressive combos, look like they'd be very positional dependent due to web throw.

Ploid 3.0

Grecco said:
Shadow Battle 2 is available 80pts is this new?

I figured something was going on with MVC3's servers this morning. I kept getting stuck at receiving player data and had to stop playing.

Ferrio said:
Probably something to do with the spacing so that you actually throw them into the same corner instead of the opposite side.

Some impressive combos, look like they'd be very positional dependent due to web throw.

You need to learn those spidey loops. Get back to lab and stop posting.

edit: FIRST OF NEW PAGE!

You'd pay 100$ ONLY for characters, when the base GAME had 36 for 60$!!
I'm speechless... And people wonder how Capcom gets away with this shit *sigh*
I pay $30-40 to take my wife and I out for an hour-long dinner, and we crap it out the next day. I have 120 hours into this game for $70; I have 400 into Dragon Quest IX, and 540 in Monster Hunter Tri. I fully suspect this game will surpass both of those due to its competitive aspect and variety in gameplay.

I don't know what your life is like, but I work full-time at a job that pays reasonably well. A few bucks here and there to expand my gameplay with well-made characters is a pittance. I do get tired of kids/the poor/cheapskates whining about this, though.

Lothars

Karsticles said:
I pay $30-40 to take my wife and I out for an hour-long dinner, and we crap it out the next day. I have 120 hours into this game for $70; I have 400 into Dragon Quest IX, and 540 in Monster Hunter Tri. I fully suspect this game will surpass both of those due to its competitive aspect and variety in gameplay.

I don't know what your life is like, but I work full-time at a job that pays reasonably well. A few bucks here and there to expand my gameplay with well-made characters is a pittance. I do get tired of kids/the poor/cheapskates whining about this, though.

I feel the same way as you, I have no problems buying all the DLC characters that are released, heck I look forward to more characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom