• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabae

Banned
_dementia said:
It's really neat seeing the fights swing so dramatically in one way or another. Marcel is definitely a game that benefits from long sets between two players.

Definitely. This is the kind of game where one bad button press can see you losing your most effective character.

My friend recently got good at this game seemingly overnight. I typically beat him, despite not putting much time into it (relatively), but last night he railed me for 10 games straight. Took some time before I could settle into things with all the new elements I'm trying to add to my game and keep pace with him again.

Kimosabae

Banned
Karsticles said:
I pay $30-40 to take my wife and I out for an hour-long dinner, and we crap it out the next day. I have 120 hours into this game for $70; I have 400 into Dragon Quest IX, and 540 in Monster Hunter Tri. I fully suspect this game will surpass both of those due to its competitive aspect and variety in gameplay.

I don't know what your life is like, but I work full-time at a job that pays reasonably well. A few bucks here and there to expand my gameplay with well-made characters is a pittance. I do get tired of kids/the poor/cheapskates whining about this, though.

Yeah, it's because we're broke, not because we're principled people.

The only thing sublimating the urge to tell you to "fuck off" is a possible banning.

jdub03

Ferrio said:
Probably something to do with the spacing so that you actually throw them into the same corner instead of the opposite side.

Some impressive combos, look like they'd be very positional dependent due to web throw.

Yeah that might be what he's describing.. I might add spidey to a secondary team. He seems like a fun character.

Ferrio

Banned
jdub03 said:
Yeah that might be what he's describing.. I might add spidey to a secondary team. He seems like a fun character.

Ya, you'll notice after each launch he does a quick hop into the corner to make sure he's on the other side of storm. Something tells me it might be character dependent too... i'll test tonight.

Kimosabae said:
My friend recently got good at this game seemingly overnight. I typically beat him, despite not putting much time into it (relatively), but last night he railed me for 10 games straight. Took some time before I could settle into things with all the new elements I'm trying to add to my game and keep pace with him again.

It probably *clicked* at a certain point. It happens to me at least. I'll suck really badly with a character until something clicks with me (I learn how to get in, set up combos and execute the combos). I don't know why but it's pretty much overnight. I don't get gradually better. I jump steps for some reason.

Ferrio said:
Ya, you'll notice after each launch he does a quick hop into the corner to make sure he's on the other side of storm. Something tells me it might be character dependent too... i'll test tonight.

I saw that too. I actually think it's corner only. Also that starter kinda sucks so if I eat that, that's totally my fault.

This sounds like a fancy way of admitting to being a cheapskate.

2 New Events were unlocked also 18 and 19. Anyone know the titles?
Someone on another forum claims the 2 new events allow 1v1 and 2v2 Arcade Mode - confirm? Apparently X-Factor is always level 3 in the 1v1 mode - a quick way to play through the game with each character, at least!

Correct me if I am ill-informed, sir.

Kimosabae

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
It probably *clicked* at a certain point. It happens to me at least. I'll suck really badly with a character until something clicks with me (I learn how to get in, set up combos and execute the combos). I don't know why but it's pretty much overnight. I don't get gradually better. I jump steps for some reason.

Yeah, through my experience, it can be attributed to a "one step forwards, two steps back" type-aphorism. I spent about 5 + hrs in training mode two days in a row, which is the most time I've had to play the game since release. I had so many new elements swarming about my head that it was impossible to focus strictly on beating him. I'll probably continue to be free to him until all those elements congeal into muscle memory and I can focus on the winning aspect again.

TLDR: Moments when a game tends to click can/will come and go as you develop as a player. If the game has clicked for too long: you've stagnated.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I sometimes get Tetris syndrome with this game, where I'll randomly start rehearsing combos in my head at any given time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Grecco said:
2 New Events were unlocked also 18 and 19. Anyone know the titles?

1 vs 1 is unleashing the beast or beast unleashed(or something like that.)

I can see why they wouldn't add 1 vs 1 for people to playing around. It's awkward because the battles is too short with xfactor.

Yes that is correct (Havent tried either, still trying to practice the Marn Zero Loops in training)
Very cool, I'm glad Capcom is adding some more interesting events.

1 vs 1 is unleashing the beast or beast unleashed(or something like that.)
I can see why they wouldn't add 1 vs 1 for people to playing around. It's awkward because the battles is too short with xfactor.
It would be smart for them to do, even if only for offline play. A good number of people are intimidating by the team aspect of the game.

2v2 makes it a bit easier to get the very hard character titles. 1v1 is a tossup because of galactus
Well, you get that level 3 X-Factor right away, right? Unless the AI is smart enough to use it at the start of the fight, 1v1 will probably be easier than 3v3, just because you only have to get in once to end the match.

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone in here adroit at triangle dashing without using the face buttons? I'm wondering what kind of mileage I can get out of that outside of executing overheads a bit faster, but it seems impossible to hit the diagonals on a japanese arcade stick that fast, consistently.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Kimosabae said:
Anyone in here adroit at triangle dashing without using the face buttons?
You trying to hit some kind of thesaurus usage quota?

But to sort of answer your question: Being a pad warrior myself, one-button dash all day erryday.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I saw that too. I actually think it's corner only. Also that starter kinda sucks so if I eat that, that's totally my fault.

You can combo into throw, so either I'd have to cross up after a spider swing, or just put myself in the corner. My BnB does 600 dmg anywhere with no meter.. so it's not horrible... just a pain in the ass.

Also fuck tron! Grrr, even when she was on cooldown you'd have dante in the wings.... and he's just about as annoying.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
You trying to hit some kind of thesaurus usage quota?

But to sort of answer your question: Being a pad warrior myself, one-button dash all day erryday.
Fellow pad warrior, can you actually pull off tri-dashes?

Seriously, nigh impossible on my default wired 360 pad.

RS4-

Karsticles said:
Well, you get that level 3 X-Factor right away, right? Unless the AI is smart enough to use it at the start of the fight, 1v1 will probably be easier than 3v3, just because you only have to get in once to end the match.

Yeah you do; the thing is some chars just have a hell of a time against Galactus on their own.

Kimosabae

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Fellow pad warrior, can you actually pull off tri-dashes?

Seriously, nigh impossible on my default wired 360 pad.

Have you tried macroing two of the face buttons to a shoulder button or something?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kimosabae said:
Have you tried macroing two of the face buttons to a shoulder button or something?
No, but it is a good suggestion that I'll try, thanks.

I believe the right trigger counts as L+M+H input, but ofcourse it is a trigger, the snappiness of a shoulder button is ideal. I usually use Right Trigger + A to activate X-Factor. Odd stuffs on a pad.

EDIT: Erm.. one little problem.. the assists are mapped quite conveniently to the shoulders already. Perhaps I'll change the trigger input altogether.

LakeEarth

Kimosabae said:
Anyone in here adroit at triangle dashing without using the face buttons? I'm wondering what kind of mileage I can get out of that outside of executing overheads a bit faster, but it seems impossible to hit the diagonals on a japanese arcade stick that fast, consistently.
Oh god I'm an idiot. This how people seem to do Doom's air combo so easily. I kept trying to double tap for the down diagonal dash after the first foot dive, and I just kept getting a straight down dash. BACK TO THE LAB!!!

Alucrid

Banned
Karsticles said:
I pay $30-40 to take my wife and I out for an hour-long dinner, and we crap it out the next day. I have 120 hours into this game for $70; I have 400 into Dragon Quest IX, and 540 in Monster Hunter Tri. I fully suspect this game will surpass both of those due to its competitive aspect and variety in gameplay.

I don't know what your life is like, but I work full-time at a job that pays reasonably well. A few bucks here and there to expand my gameplay with well-made characters is a pittance. I do get tired of kids/the poor/cheapskates whining about this, though.

You clearly just need to find better uses for your feces.

Kimosabae said:

The only thing sublimating the urge to tell you to "fuck off" is a possible banning.

Principled? Clearly that doesn't really matter now considering that the entire industry is doing this. A $5 character for MvC3 will probably go way longer than any $5 or $10 expansion for that matter.

Ferrio said:
You can combo into throw, so either I'd have to cross up after a spider swing, or just put myself in the corner. My BnB does 600 dmg anywhere with no meter.. so it's not horrible... just a pain in the ass.

Also fuck tron! Grrr, even when she was on cooldown you'd have dante in the wings.... and he's just about as annoying.

That's right. I don't use actual skills. I just call assists and I somehow win.

Kimosabae

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Oh god I'm an idiot. This how people seem to do Doom's air combo so easily. I kept trying to double tap for the down diagonal dash after the first foot dive, and I just kept getting a straight down dash. BACK TO THE LAB!!!

Are you a pad player?

As a former pad player I've learned the value of experimentation with the config menu over the years. Marvel is also similar to Melee in terms of how flexible your options are to execute general system techniques without having elements overlap. It's clearly well thought out.

Speaking of Doom, I really wish more characters could Dash Cancel their normals. No reason more than a handful characters couldn't have been given one or two, at least.

Ferrio said:
Yep! :D

Be on tonight?

Possibly. I need to flesh out the viper combos and tron combos. Also get some real combos for Dante going... even though the most basic combo does 600k with him so I might wing it with him until I get viper and tron going.

edit: although my most basic viper combo also does about 500k. TRON LAB

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Possibly. I need to flesh out the viper combos and tron combos. Also get some real combos for Dante going... even though the most basic combo does 600k with him so I might wing it with him until I get viper and tron going.

edit: although my most basic viper combo also does about 500k. TRON LAB

I should lab spidey and wesker some more, they need a lot of work.

Kimosabae

Banned
Magnus combos are fun. Thanks Yipes!

Now someone learn how to play Iron Man so I can X-Copy.

*edit*

Someone mind giving the notation for that Fierce loop Yipes was doing?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kimosabae said:
Magnus combos are fun. Thanks Yipes!

Now someone learn how to play Iron Man so I can X-Copy.

*edit*

Someone mind giving the notation for that Fierce loop Yipes was doing?

Marvel notation confuses and disturbs me. But he was just doing launcher, h, adf, m, h, fly, then h adf 3 or 4 times. I think you can get up to 6 heavies after fly, but the timing to fit all 6 is kind of strict so I usually just do 4 or 5.

edit: unless you're talking about the ROM loop, in which case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5_56MHDUlQ. Pretty hard to do and Magneto has better combos anyway.

Kimosabae

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Marvel notation confuses and disturbs me. But he was just doing launcher, h, adf, m, h, fly, then h adf 3 or 4 times. I think you can get up to 6 heavies after fly, but the timing to fit all 6 is kind of strict so I usually just do 4 or 5.

This is the part I don't get - isn't Air Dash disabled during Fly? Right now, I'm just trying to ADC Fierce while in Fly Mode and it's not working.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Marvel vs Capcom 3 developer blog Translation from shoryuken.com

"First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay due to several factors that happened after the release date.

This was also mentioned in the official homepage,
in March 22's title update, we updated stuffs required for "DL Challenge Mode" that is scheduled for release at the end of the week.
But, there were other several changes, so I would like to list them here.

- Fixed Sentinel's Life
- Fixed glitches with some characters such as Spencer
- Fixed hit-stun of some characters' moves such as Akuma

The above three are the big changes,
but there are other smaller changes involving display related problems, some minor problems and adjustments of chip damage as well.

It is difficult to respond to every single request of the users, but I wanted to report that we first proceeded with this kind of work."

-Sentinel's life was a bug confirmed. Carry on.
i kiddd don't beat me up
-Things always get lost in translation but the last sentence seems to indicate the these were reactionary changes. If thats truly the case then don't complain about anything you want to stay in the game.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am a pad player here. DS3 controller.

I have L+M+H mapped to L2/R2, which allows me to do both dashes, hypers and X Factor cancels with relative ease.

Tri-dashing is easy enough but it's really easy to "mash" it which results in random normals coming out if you don't time your direction input right with it. I can even do those Clockw0rk pseudo dash into triangle jump dash or whatever he does with Doom as well as the reverse triangle jump with him. Was just doing them in fact, trying to learn Doom and actually did much better than I expected (finshed all his Missions).

Anyway know how to do Wolverine's "fast" Berserk Barrage mission? Where you have to use Berserk Charge hyper to do the combo? I have problem connecting the H after the Berserk Charge.

Kimosabae

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Nope. You can air dash over and over for as long as fly is active. Your timing is probably off.

Seriously? Because I'm seriously in Training Mode right now, I put Mags in flight mode and spam FF/L+M and he ain't dashing...

Kimosabae

Banned
RoboJ said:
You're permitted as many air dashes as your fingers can manage until the fly timer runs out. It seems to be a little trickier once you get closer to the ground, though. I think Yipes might be doing a forward air dash, then letting himself drop a little before M H xx fly. The downforward seems to put you too close to the ground, but I might be canceling it too early.

Ahhh there it is. You have to be a certain distance off the ground.

Derp.

MThanded said:
Marvel vs Capcom 3 developer blog Translation from shoryuken.com

-Sentinel's life was a bug confirmed. Carry on.
i kiddd don't beat me up
-Things always get lost in translation but the last sentence seems to indicate the these were reactionary changes. If thats truly the case then don't complain about anything you want to stay in the game.
I don't get why there is no true changelog. If they changed something, wouldn't they have made note of it somewhere?

Nah, it makes way more sense that Capcom went through all this effort to institute a patch with a single, yet massive, balance change. The patch couldn't possibly have been made in reaction to all the complaining!

Anyway know how to do Wolverine's "fast" Berserk Barrage mission? Where you have to use Berserk Charge hyper to do the combo? I have problem connecting the H after the Berserk Charge.
You need to mash during Berserker Barrage; it flings the opponent higher, allowing the s.H to connect.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
MThanded said:
Things always get lost in translation but the last sentence seems to indicate the these were reactionary changes. If thats truly the case then don't complain about anything you want to stay in the game.
Hm.

We probably need to take a vote on a designated lighting rod.

I nominate Trish.

MThanded

Karsticles said:
Nah, it makes way more sense that Capcom went through all this effort to institute a patch with a single, yet massive, balance change. The patch couldn't possibly have been made in reaction to all the complaining!

You need to mash during Berserker Barrage; it flings the opponent higher, allowing the s.H to connect.
I was conceding my point from earlier on yet you are still getting on my case. Damn tough crowd.

hitsugi

Kimosabae said:
Ahhh there it is. You have to be a certain distance off the ground.

Derp.
The dash fierce combos are easiest to do.. and yeah you wouldn't be doing it low to the ground ;) The ROM loop is also pretty easy and imo there is no better standard than that for Magneto.

You could do S, sj. H dash straight H, magnetic blast (land), c.H, S, repeat or go into rom from that which is.... probably the easiest way to assure that they are way above you when you land.

Corner "infinite" is pretty fun as well.. does a ton of damage, leads to easy reset options, etc.

Just keep in mind that despite what the current tutorials out there say - the rom loop is incredibly flexible and it IS possible to do the reps too quickly; some timing is involved besides the initial set up.

Dahbomb

RoboJ said:
You're mashing berserker barrage, right? The canceling the last hit of a full mash into Berserker Charge puts them a good distance above you - plenty of time to land the H.
LOL NO I AM NOT!

Just tried the "mash" Berserk Barrage into Berserker Charge and it works perfect now. LOL. Before I was cancelling Berserking Barrage way too early. Instead of trying to delay it, I kept going for faster and faster until I almost got the combo by cancelling Berserker Barrage at the very first few hits into Berserker Charge.

This reminds me, a lot of problem I have had with the Mission modes are some combos that have weird ass timing or additional stuff that isn't mentioned. One of the Taskmaster missions was asking for an air H Arrow shot OTG with Dormammu's Purification assist into the M+H Arrow hyper of Taskmaster. I always did the combo right (to my knowledge) but it would not register. Then I did the the Air H arrow shot with a tiger knee motion and it worked. :/

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
hitsugi said:
The dash fierce combos are easiest to do.. and yeah you wouldn't be doing it low to the ground ;) The ROM loop is also pretty easy and imo there is no better standard than that for Magneto.

What's so great about that combo other than it's flashy? He has easier combos that do more damage and build just as much meter. I don't know how you can call it "easy" either.

MThanded

http://n4g.com/news/731107/today-ma...-its-2nd-shadow-battle-dlc-priced-at-1-00/com

Another cpoy/paste job cause I cba

Marvel

Dr Octopus
Juggernaut
Elektra
Apocalypse
Iceman
Thanos
Ms Marvel

Capcom

Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Megaman X
Gene
Talbain
Strider
Gail

Frank, PW, Ock and Juggs will be announced at Captivate and the others are later on in the year along with a complete version to follow next year. There will also be an ace attourney court stage along with the next character reveals.

what is this? Assuming that was a fake lupinko. Who knows. Maybe he will show is face in these parts.

That is too many dlc characters for me to believe.

I don't get why there is no true changelog. If they changed something, wouldn't they have made note of it somewhere?
I remember when I played World of Warcraft, we expected accurate changelogs...at least this list is accurate.

Hm.

We probably need to take a vote on a designated lighting rod.

I nominate Trish.
Wouldn't it make sense to vote for a character that is lower on the rankings thus far, or one that no one likes to use?

I was conceding my point from earlier on yet you are still getting on my case. Damn tough crowd.
I wasn't targeting you particularly, just mocking the general perspective. There is no enmity between us. Respect to you sir.
Sentinel's health should be returned to 1.3 million.

what is this? Assuming that was a fake lupinko. Who knows. Maybe he will show is face in these parts.
Naw, that's definitely fake. Lupinko has said many times that he will only leak info via Twitter now.

This reminds me, a lot of problem I have had with the Mission modes are some combos that have weird ass timing or additional stuff that isn't mentioned. One of the Taskmaster missions was asking for an air H Arrow shot OTG with Dormammu's Purification assist into the M+H Arrow hyper of Taskmaster. I always did the combo right (to my knowledge) but it would not register. Then I did the the Air H arrow shot with a tiger knee motion and it worked. :/
Haha, this same one for me. I was so enraged after trying it for hours before I said "OHHH, AIR Legion Arrow".

Dahbomb

That list is fake because it doesn't have Vergil in it. :/

What's also fucking retarded is Gail being on that list over Regina (I am assuming this is Gail from the Dino Crisis series).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom