• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
_dementia said:
Gene and Juggernaut are my two most wanted, so that's how I knew it was insta-fake.
Yeah Gene is probably my most wanted character. Strider being on the list makes it even more unbelievable.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Karsticles said:
Wouldn't it make sense to vote for a character that is lower on the rankings thus far, or one that no one likes to use?
I'd prefer to just vote for the character that I absolutely care about the least.

Seriously, everything about Trish in this game just screams :-| to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
That list is better because it doesn't have Vergil in it. :)

What's also fucking retarded is Gail being on that list over Regina (I am assuming this is Gail from the Dino Crisis series).
Fixed.

Lupinko, get your Canadian ass in here for some Justice.

Apocalypse would be MEGATON.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sixfortyfive said:
I'd prefer to just vote for the character that I absolutely care about the least.

Seriously, everything about Trish in this game just screams :-| to me.
Whats wrong with trish. She is a great character and has great assists and a really good keep away. She can fly. She can enable safe tagging through one of her super moves. She can catch you in one super move and hit you with the other at the same time.

Are you saying she is overpowered or underpowered? Not sure what that face means.

hitsugi

Lost Fragment said:
What's so great about that combo other than it's flashy? He has easier combos that do more damage and build just as much meter. I don't know how you can call it "easy" either.
What does mag have that is easier and yields more damage? Flashy is fun, and those kinds of things are generally the things I go for; just a personal preference.

As for the degree of difficulty, I say easy because it's easy for me to do, and I feel like anyone that spends some time figuring what timing works for for them would have minimal problems. Perhaps to say its easy as a general statement was too much, but I doubt yipes, or anyone else that played a solid mag in mvc2 would say that the current rom is difficult either

Dahbomb

What also pisses me about Gail is that he would essentially be a character like Chris (some mercenary/military guy with lots of guns) and if Capcom wanted another character similar to Chris they should've gone with Punisher.

Oh well, I am sure this is a big fat fake but I seriously would expect Capcom to pull something like this.

The Capcom side aside from Gail is megaton if true. Marvel is GIGATON just for Apocalypse alone. OMEGA tier confirmed. And Juggernaut better have a secret LVL4 X Factor Mode in which he can kill you with one move.

kitzkozan

I don't doubt that we will see characters outside of Doc octopus and West who are coming, but give me a disc based or DLC expansion with all the characters that will be worked on from scratch.

Just like with super, we need a spectator mode and the replay system of SSFIV. If there's plenty of singleplayer extra, well that's a bonus along with characters rebalance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
What also pisses me about Gail is that he would essentially be a character like Chris (some mercenary/military guy with lots of guns) and if Capcom wanted another character similar to Chris they should've gone with Punisher.

Oh well, I am sure this is a big fat fake but I seriously would expect Capcom to pull something like this.

The Capcom side aside from Gail is megaton if true. Marvel is GIGATON just for Apocalypse alone. OMEGA tier confirmed. And Juggernaut better have a secret LVL4 X Factor Mode in which he can kill you with one move.

I don't give a fuck about Elektra and Gail if we get motherfucking Apocalypse and Strider.

Worth 5$ for each.

The only reason I would want a disc-based update is because I really hate this game's UI and constant saving/loading pauses. Perhaps a fresh start would increase their chances of fixing it.

Lothars

That's a cool list of DLC but my main two characters I want which are cable and cyclops are not listed but I would still pick up every single character and if they do SMVC3 that's a day one as well.

hitsugi

Lost Fragment said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoplcBwLqhk

The ROM loop does move your opponent to the corner pretty quick though, so it does have that going for it.
I use a rep of that as a starter for the ROM pretty often.. Wouldn't say it's easier than the rom for me personally (I always found the magnetic blast motion to be rather unintuitive), doesnt work in corner (at least the few times I've tried), and I guess I just prefer how the rom looks.

Varjet

God's Beard said:
I might be crazy, but why does a Dormammu combo that does 450k do 1.2 million in x-factor level 3 if he only gets a 90% boost?
Probably because X-factor caps damage scaling to 0.5
Maybe.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
kitzkozan said:
I don't doubt that we will see characters outside of Doc octopus and West who are coming, but give me a disc based or DLC expansion with all the characters that will be worked on from scratch.

Was the thing about there being traces of them being found in the games code actually true? As a Marvel fan, Doc Ock aside, that list is pretty boring and feels more like a 90's Marvel wishlist than one that reflects current Marvel. I like the fact that this game isn't X-men and friends vs Capcom so adding three X-men characters would be kinda lame although I'd be fine with one extra representative. If they're going for a cosmic Marvel rep, Nova would be my pick and for street level I'd like Iron Fist way better than Electra.

Dahbomb

Marvel list has Apocalypse.... MUTHA FUCKING APOCALYPSE.

Also Doc Ock should be pretty interesting unless he is going to be an Omega Red clone (who wasn't really that bad to be honest but I would like an original character concept). Ice Man, Juggs and Thanos were in MVC2 already plus Ms Marvel would probably play similar to Rogue with more options. Marvel side is alright but the Capcom side is epic (except for Gail, already explained that).

If the list is true then the final roster would be at 52.

Chavelo

Dahbomb said:
If the list is true then the final roster would be at 52.

Just four short from MVC2...

eagle.jpg

Dahbomb

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I want Omega Red and russian accents dammit. Plus Red had cool play mechanics. Unless Doc Ock is going to play like him (I hope not).
I really wouldn't be surprised if he plays similar to Omega Red, at least on a base level. He's probably going to be a "swinger" character like Spencer/Spider Man with long ranged command grabs like Super Skrull. With some OTGs, nice hypers and good assists he should be a very solid character.

Juggernaut needs to be the new Sentinel. 1.4 million health, 250% boost on XFC LVL3 and Hyper armor on specials/launcher. And an invincible LVL1 Hyper that is instant activation and covers the entire screen really quickly (just like in MVC2). He should have a hyper like Hsien Ko which gives him full Hyper armor to be used for assists. He would automatically be top tier.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Juggernaut needs to be the new Sentinel. 1.4 million health, 250% boost on XFC LVL3 and Hyper armor on specials/launcher. And an invincible LVL1 Hyper that is instant activation and covers the entire screen really quickly (just like in MVC2). He should have a hyper like Hsien Ko which gives him full Hyper armor to be used for assists. He would automatically be top tier.

He needs to have a special intro with Shehulk.

Dahbomb said:
I really wouldn't be surprised if he plays similar to Omega Red, at least on a base level. He's probably going to be a "swinger" character like Spencer/Spider Man with long ranged command grabs like Super Skrull. With some OTGs, nice hypers and good assists he should be a very solid character.

I also imagine him maybe being like Dhalsim kinda, with long limb range (along with the stuff you are saying). Plus I am imagining a power up hyper where you have control of all of his limbs at the same time, so you can grab up/down, what ever at the same time, haha.

If Juggs gets in, it would be sweet. I would play Sent/Hulk/Juggs for team hyper armor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Lupinko neither confirming nor denying on twitter, wtf?
Yeah first thing I checked was his twitter. I'm fiending for a follow up. He's got 24 hours.

oh god please be true, I'll buy it all, I'll buy it ALL.

Also, Bison was on my list. Imagine that Ultra 2 with negative frame startup, complete invincibility and a grab. #capcomgamedesign

hitsugi

People fiending for followups = the reason that neutral responses exist.

All that matters is that Strider and Gene make it in.... and they will.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm late, and I don't mean to drag it back up, but LOL @ charging for extra shadow mode dlc. I don't care if it's only a dollar, that is bs. You can play the same teams in training mode and they are probably harder. LOL @ the nickel and diming.

That list would be gdlk if it were real. What in the hell would Apocalypse' moves actually be? o.0

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hitsugi said:
People fiending for followups = the reason that neutral responses exist.

All that matters is that Strider and Gene make it in.... and they will.
There is no neutral response yet because there is no response yet.

What makes you so sure Strider and Gene will be in otherwise? Probably the two most unlikely on that list alongside Apocalypse.

Grecco

haunts said:
more characters? i still suck with the ones that are already there. X(

But now you can suck with more characters! Look at it that way. (I doubt you legitimately suck)

Ive gotten now to the point where i still am not used to a joystick, but when i try to go back to a pad i suck even worse. Its like a middle ground between the stick and pad, its a terrible feeling.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
loved the new episodes max. hella funny. :)

Grecco said:
But now you can suck with more characters! Look at it that way. (I doubt you legitimately suck)

haha scrubbymons gotta catch em all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom