• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Combofiend murkin. Let's get Justin there next week.

edit: WNF is over, what are the other streams?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
QisTopTier said:
40 :D and he still ends up being one of the most shallow characters in the game. HUZZAH!
Dante is pretty scary in the hands of someone that has mastered jump canceling and teleport mixups. Same goes for DMC, I guess.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SapientWolf said:
Dante is pretty scary in the hands of someone that has mastered jump canceling and teleport mixups. Same goes for DMC, I guess.

it's annoying yeah, but it's still shallow :p also taping up and down down S isnt very hard to master xD

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
QisTopTier said:
it's annoying yeah, but it's still shallow :p also taping up and down down S isnt very hard to master xD

Someone is bitter about being Marn combo'd

zlatko

Banned
salva said:
My statement still stands: sentinel users are pussies.

tumblr_lgbira8pXh1qf8yek.gif

You just mad cuz we stylin on you bro. NEUTRALIZE!

orioto

Good Art™
El Sloth said:
What exactly are you asking here? How to get past an opponents block and start a combo?

If that's what you mean then I would recommend figuring out some mix-ups using the tools your character already has and then with assists. By mix-up I mean making your opponent guess what it is you're going to do next. For example, the most basic mix-up is switching it up between high and low attacks forcing your opponent to choose how to block, stand block or crouch block? If you're using a character with a teleport then you can incorporate that into opening your opponent up or similarly if you have an assist which hits low you can use that to create an unblockable situation where your point character(the one that is in play) is striking high and your assist low at the same time.

It would really help if you list who you're using.

I would also recommend looking through the SRK guide to find out which attacks and assists strike high and/or low.

Thx!
Actually i was more speaking about moving in the game.. It has became a real problem for me. I can't super jump precisly cause i'm not controlling the way i face when i do it. In Xmen vs street and other vs, i used to directly strike above the character by super jumping!

And the normal jump and walk or dashes seems so vulnerable in this game with so many quick far range attack...

Toski

Does anyone know how to counter teleport characters? I do alright against projectiles, but anyone with teleport kills me, especially if they have an assist gameplan and also have host advantage.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Well starting to get the game a bit, starting to style a bit with the zero's resets and I learned I am terrible with wesker... So guess its Zero, Akuma, Dante bye bye Wesker... hey at least there is no sentinel lol ;)!

Talking about him, its true... you learn that one combo with the rocket punch into super and its adios muchacho! Had my ass handed to me a few times but I start to see the patterns and when to block and counter attack... but still hard with all that damage!

Btw anyone play against some Phoenix keep away? Can be really annoying when they go on the top corners to spam those fireballs... (yeah that's why Dante is on the team now ;p)

Jintor

Toski said:
Does anyone know how to counter teleport characters? I do alright against projectiles, but anyone with teleport kills me, especially if they have an assist gameplan and also have host advantage.

Eff Wesker and his tendency to teleport right behind me and nullify my defences, the prick

MMaRsu

salva said:

Hey fuck that shit son..I play Sent but don't play him like the bitch most people do. Also, wesker is my main beast, I wreck stuff with him.

Bleepey said:
This game's matchmaking is ass. It suck s it sucks it sucks it sucks. Lord help me it blows.

Yep. I tried for 30 to 45 minutes last night to get a ranked match with anybody and I never did. So upsetting, as I don't have a ton of time to play the game during the week as it is.

Toski

TheLastCandle said:
Yep. I tried for 30 to 45 minutes last night to get a ranked match with anybody and I never did. So upsetting, as I don't have a ton of time to play the game during the week as it is.
I think either the record glitch and or Capcom may have slowed down the process of finding ranked matches because when I go into player match and put the rank to same (I'm at Fighter), I'm fighting 6th lords who use Dante/Wesker/Sentinel/Storm/Phoenix with all the A-grade shenanigans that come with them.

Slowly but surely becoming more comfortable with the arcade stick, my offense is improving but my defense has taken a massive dive. I'm still having trouble with my movement using the joystick but I'm getting there... I'm also just now realizing the importance of using assist, they make a world of a difference when using offensively.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Realizing I can hit Haggar's Rapid Fists off of a heavy Violent Axe's ground bounce = my Haggar game just got 100x better. Holy shit.

y2dvd

Toski said:

Jump backwards. If they did a high teleport, try to throw them from the air. If it's a ground crossup, try to land with an air crossup yourself but be wary of fuckin sent drones! If you can verify that the crossup connected, quickly launch to avoid a slow assist. If they block, at least you slowed down their offense a bit. Probably would have to block the assist at this point or super jump back to avoid it.

Owensboro

Man, Shadow Mode is really easy for everyone? I was able to beat the two lesser shadows incredibly easy, but was getting worked by the last team. In reality all it did was show me just how awful my Iron Man really is. I was able to finally go up one game (W-L) after about 10 matches. Perhaps it's time to switch him out for someone else with a beam assist. Doom time?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Owensboro said:
Man, Shadow Mode is really easy for everyone? I was able to beat the two lesser shadows incredibly easy, but was getting worked by the last team. In reality all it did was show me just how awful my Iron Man really is. I was able to finally go up one game (W-L) after about 10 matches. Perhaps it's time to switch him out for someone else with a beam assist. Doom time?
The third AI will style on you if you let him, but he still has no clue how to play defense.

Toski

y2dvd said:
Jump backwards. If they did a high teleport, try to throw them from the air. If it's a ground crossup, try to land with an air crossup yourself but be wary of fuckin sent drones! If you can verify that the crossup connected, quickly launch to avoid a slow assist. If they block, at least you slowed down their offense a bit. Probably would have to block the assist at this point or super jump back to avoid it.
I got bodied by a guy who was using Wesker with Sentinels drone assist. He attacked with Wesker (causing blockstun), call in the drones, then do the back overhead teleport. Once he got the hit in it was a touch of death combo with Wesker's OTG and Dante's alpha assist.

Since release I have rolled with Dormammu, Hsien-Ko, and Chun Li/X-23 but lately my team has been getting bodied consistently by pretty much everyone on Xbox Live. Dormammu is good, but I have been having trouble catching folks in his traps. Lei-Lei has that amazing invincible assist, but when she is on point...I just don't know what to do. The third on my team has always been flimsy and I really don't know who to put there. I like have Chun/X-23 for rushdown but I am not a combo fiend (yet) so they usually end up not helping all that much.

I need some help
Is there something wrong with this team?
What characters could improve my success rate?

Oh and if any of you are available for training I should be on Live tonight ready to get my scrubby ass kicked :)
If you tend to dominate with one character, sometimes your skills with your "assist" characters becomes weakened. Rectify this by starting Hsien-ko on point and fighting with her more. If you're looking to switch things up, I think Morrigan or Amaterasu with the meter assist is a great addition to that team. Hsien-ko spams gong while calling the meter assist in, forcing your opponent to come to you unless he wants you to get 5 meters.

Are you running Dorm on point? I'm not very good myself, but my Trish/Dorm/Hulk team got quite a bit better when I moved Dorm off of point and into the second position. Gives you a chance to clear a little space before you bring him in and you don't have to start the match with Wolverine or Dante right there next to you.
Oh yeah, this too. I start Sentinel on point just because his double jump lets me start the fight on my terms; I DHC Dormammu in ASAP through Sentinel Force -> Chaotic Flame.

Moving with Hsein-ko's movement sucks, so it's a pain. Also tossing shit at Dormammu is asking to eat that insanely fast super.
Your dash makes you go invincible for a moment - it's still pretty good. Yeah, Chaotic Flame hurts, but that's why you need to pressure Dormammu early, or bait out the Chaotic Flames.

Then he spammed his finger laser and took out all 3 characters ._.
Save X-Factor for your last character; it negates chip.

haha yeeeah... we usually get started around 10 PST so probably gonna be pretty late for EC peeps.
Booo!

So people, especially sucky people, KEEP AT IT. Stop playing online, Arcade, etc, and just get into training and train yourself like crazy.
And do mission! Every day I notice an improvement in my skills just from doing more missions. Day one I thought I would never be able to do Magneto's full set.

akuma dies from a breeze cutting through his paper body though.
Akuma has 800K health. Ryu has 1000K. It's not like they are black and white.

Tell Capcom to put Blackheart in for me, and I'll drop Sentinel in a heartbeat. It's not my fault they neglected to put characters I like in the game.

Owensboro

Sixfortyfive said:
The third AI will style on you if you let him, but he still has no clue how to play defense.

At least the fight is pretty even then. On that note, I wish there was a mode in this game that taught you some basic defensive strategies. All I can come up with is dropping in vs. against the computer on a hard difficulty and trying to get a time out.

Which stream did you all say there was good MODOK on? I really want to start playing with him just because he's so hilarious. I'd love to see just what you can do with him because I've never seen anyone playing him either online, or in stream form.

So is searching for a ranked match borked or is everyone playing player matches? I'll hop in training mode with fight request on, Same / Any / Same and get a player match within 15 seconds. Takes a few minutes with the same parameters searching for a ranked match, even if I expand the parameters.

Grecco

I hate using Sentinel but i may just go back to using him. Hes too good, and i just suck with my third in my current team (Taskmaster-Amateratsu-Storm). I need someone with an OTG capable hyper combo to mix up with Task and Amy.

El Sloth

Banned
orioto said:
Thx!
Actually i was more speaking about moving in the game.. It has became a real problem for me. I can't super jump precisly cause i'm not controlling the way i face when i do it. In Xmen vs street and other vs, i used to directly strike above the character by super jumping!

And the normal jump and walk or dashes seems so vulnerable in this game with so many quick far range attack...
I'm a bit confused with the first part of your post. You can't control your super jumps? Are you sure you're tilting your stick up-right and up left to go in those respective directions? I have no problem directing my super jumps where I want them to go(offline).

Well, yeah, for the most part you can't just walk to your opponent in this game without taking some kind of damage. How to get in on the opponent really depends on your character as I said before. Some character like Felicia have very quick dashes that can be crouch cancelled into was-dashes that let her move in even faster on opponents giving them little time to react. And to to help her get without taking much damage, back her up with an assist first. Like Hsien-Ko's Gong assist. Or you could also simply superjump in their direction to avoid the majority of their attacks. I really would recommend using teleport moves if the characters you're using have them. You'll have a much easier time getting in that way(provided that you aren't predictable with your teleports I mean).

Grecco said:
I hate using Sentinel but i may just go back to using him. Hes too good, and i just suck with my third in my current team (Taskmaster-Amateratsu-Storm). I need someone with an OTG capable hyper combo to mix up with Task and Amy.

Sentinel is not that bad of a character. I use Sentinel in both of my teams.

Magneto (a), Storm (a), Sentinel (a)
Hulk (b), Sentinel (a), Phoenix (a)

Sir Garbageman said:
So is searching for a ranked match borked or is everyone playing player matches? I'll hop in training mode with fight request on, Same / Any / Same and get a player match within 15 seconds. Takes a few minutes with the same parameters searching for a ranked match, even if I expand the parameters.

Yeah, ranked is currently 'borked' to a degree. Player matches are the way to go. I stick to player matches though, much more variety -- less spam too.

Chauncy Talon said:
I use Sentinel in both of my teams.

I hate you and everything you stand for. I wish there was a 'no sentinel' matchmaking option. I'm serious.

j/k.

Grecco

Chauncy Talon said:
Sentinel is not that bad of a character. I use Sentinel in both of my teams.

I didnt say hes bad. Hes good. He just feels cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom