• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a company be this incompetent?
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/capcom-japan-doesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-the-u-s/

I kinda wish they played up dooms whole YOU HAVE NO HOPE shit more but we're seeing less and less Dooms.
I think it's perfect as-is. I sometimes just shout it out randomly during conversations.

Best Looking Level 3 Hyper Combos:
1) Iron Man
2) Akuma
3) Ryu
4) Doom
5) Magneto
6) Wesker
7) X-23
I think Akuma's is actually one of the worst. The animation is just over so fast, it's not very satisfying. The SFIV rendition is better.

It's not that great looking. Actually, Shuffle even looks better than it.
Agreed.

Its either Zero or Amateratsu on point, and then Wesker on anchor. Used to run Sentinel on anchor till the nerf, tried out Spencer hes pretty good but i just cant seem to click wit him, Wesker seems to click better. Had Taskmaster at one time but decided to bench him for now, and maybe figure out a seperate team for him later. ( I have some early ideas)
Probably Zero on point, since he can always DHC to Amaterasu, but not vice versa, and Zero doesn't really have a decent assist to help Amaterasu out, but Cold Stars is nice for Zero.

Phoenix should really be selectable without her dark form for 840k health.
Also how to nerf Dark Phoenix:
1. Raise Hyper gauge cap to 6
2. Make DPh cost 6 hyper bars
3. If you have Phoenix on your team you start with no hyper meter
What? No. If I were to make a change to Phoenix, it would only be that she has 650K health in Phoenix form, 200K in Dark Phoenix, so you can actually use her beyond the gimmick.

And when fighting Phoenix, all Dormmamu assists become desctruction level 3.
It would be so cool (and overpowered) if he kept his charges when using Liberation as an assist. Pewpewpew.

Here's how you fix her and a lot of other characters: remove XF2 and 3. At the very least, remove 3. The end.
Too obvious of an idea. Instead, Capcom will nerf everyone's damage by 30%, but now X-Factor lasts twice as long to compensate.

I'm testing some stiff with regard to character height. Phoenix Rage has a deceptively smaller hitbox than you'd expect; Morrigan, Amaterasu, and Phoenix (lol) can crouch under it cleanly.
YES! Oh wait, I don't use those characters. Crap.

Why the FUCK is Dante's LVL3 Hyper not on that list? His is easily top 3 for the STYLISH factor.

In fact Dante is the most stylish character in the game PERIOD
Dante's is barely interesting enough to be a level 1.

Dahbomb

Why the FUCK is Dante's LVL3 Hyper not on that list? His is easily top 3 for the STYLISH factor.

In fact Dante is the most stylish character in the game PERIOD.

Zissou

I'd vote for Deadpool's level 3 because-

1. It looks cool and fits with the character
2. You can combo after it, which always gives you bonus style points

and

3. It's such a huge waste of meter that it's like a taunt and a hyper combo in one.

Noone likes Chun as point? She has one hyper that can easily DHC into anyone elses hyper pretty much and gives her complete cover. She has another which launches and can air tag for free meter that can recover that meter and more in a combo. She has easy elementary links for free damage early on, especially with meter. Spam legs keeps rushdown out and her air dash gets in somewhat well with rushdown chars. Shes a decent rushdown too with c.Medium being damned near instant and up close j.d.Medium is an almost near instant overhead, linking into legs into hyper for free damage. Both of her hypers and her LV3 link from legs.

Her only downsides would be a shitty useless fireball, and huge recovery on certain moves.

so does anyone actually believe that capcom planned bug fixes months in advance?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/a...anned-release/
As much as I believe they understand their playerbase enough to provide competent netcode, Spectator Mode at launch, not charge for bad DLC like Shadow Mode, know that Megaman is popular enough to put into the game in some form, balance gimmicks like X-Factor and TACs, and...that's all I can think of for now.

If a patch had been planned for so long, why is Sentinel the only balance change, and why didn't Svensson tell us that his health was to be changed when he responded on the Ask Capcom forums to claim that Sentinel is balanced as he is? Why did Niitsuma say the change was in response to fan requests?

If Capcom's testers are so competent that they found all of Desk's discoveries, why did they still fail to fix the Spencer glitch?

It's almost like some of Capcom's employees aren't competent, or something. I believe "the patch" was in works for 2 months. I just don't believe that the Sentinel health nerf aspect was the part that was in the works for 2 months - clever wording by Jimenez.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The Abominable Snowman said:
Noone likes Chun as point?

I think she works best as second or anchor. You want at least one character backed up by her godlike assist. I mean, she still works fine on point, but yeah. She really is a great off the bench choice.

I so seldom run into Chun online now. Kinda want to tailor a side / for fun team around her.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Razor210 said:
Anyone notice an increase on the number of Hulks online?
I blame Ross!

Dahbomb

Chun Li is good and definitely a character worth using at the second slot but her Godly assist is too good to ignore. A lot of characters benefit from her kicks. Chun Li benefits from an OTG assist too so definitely worth having her a bit up the order.

Combination of great assist and insane XFC bonuses (highest speed bonus in the game, already a fast character) makes Chun Li one of the better "anchors" in the game. You want her until the end. Putting her on point is still good if you have the team synergy for it.

Chun Li's Up Kicks are good too, JWong used that in one of his matches. Don't know if that was by accident or not but he made it work well.

And I am not surprised by the increase in Hulks. Has little to do with Mike Ross and more to do with 1) Sentinel's nerf 2) Hulk being the highest in terms of health and highest in terms of overall damage 3) Super armor and insane range on moves plus easy mode combos 4) Only other character like Hulk in the game is Thor and he is way more difficult/technical to play 5) Hulk is really lag friendly.

Hulk is scrub friendly and all, but more people need to respect him. Respect him like you respected Sentinel. Hulk is especially dangerous on the 2nd slot, when you do some BnB with your point character and DHC into Gamma Crush for easy character kills. Hulk with an OTG assist usually ends with a dead character. Online getting in a hit is easy, people have crappy blocking and that's all what Hulk needs to wreak havok. LVL3 XFC Hulk is LOL... he kills you in 4 hits or Gamma Charge H ~ Gamma Charge L ~ Gamma Crush usually. And he has insane range on his normals/jump attacks plus some of his attacks have invulnerability. His Anti-Air Gamma Charge is invulnerable and available as an assist, it can definitely hurt a lot of rushdown teams. Gamma Crush also punishes through a lot of supers because of its invulnerability.

I wouldn't really know where to place him on a "tier" list I just know you have to be a bit careful when dealing with him. People see his slow speed and huge hitbox and think easy kill, it's not that easy. Personally I like Hulk as 2nd or 3rd character (more as 2nd for the DHC or TAC) with an OTG assist and another assist covering his approaches/jump ins. Deadpool and Hulk is fun.

LakeEarth

Although I don't think Hulk is that great, there's something unbelievably satisfying doing his air combo into gamma wave OTG into Meteor Smash in the corner. So much damage.

Razor210

LakeEarth said:
Although I don't think Hulk is that great, there's something unbelievably satisfying doing his air combo into gamma wave OTG into Meteor Smash in the corner. So much damage.
I finally figured out the timing on that. So good.

I was on the Hulk train long before every team I play online started running him - and it shows. Really easy to predict what a newbie Hulk player will do.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
'Leave Hulk alone! :mad:'

He's fun to mess around with, I think. Easy to see why he's popular.

El Sloth

Banned
God's Beard said:
Dormammu stand L whiffs on short characters at touching range. Maybe not Ammy, though.
His standing M and cr.M whiffs on the smaller characters and wolverine. Maybe on spiderman too.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Akuma on anchor has destroyed me so damn much.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
mr. puppy said:
so does anyone actually believe that capcom planned bug fixes months in advance?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/01/marvel-vs-capcom-3-patch-was-planned-release/

Yes.

People are just conspiracy minded because Sentinel has a lot of drama surrounding him. I'll bet you right now if they'd adjusted just the health on say, Haggar or Tron, people'd shrug but accept it.

And like others have said, it's a simple fact that cert takes anywhere between 3 weeks and two months, depending on whether MS feels like screwing you over.

IIRC there was a podcast before launch that even mentioned character tweaking was happening up to the last moment, such as a bunch of adjustments to Thor. Wholly believable that they would have reconsidered Sentinel over the *months* that they were still holding event tournaments and internal QA... I mean come on.

What I find more interesting is that now they've actually said they recognize some "bugs" actually add character to the game and should be left in. The instant the Sentinel patch hit, hundreds of people went nuts claiming now Capcom would patch out "everything that makes the game interesting", meaning stuff like the DHC trick.

This makes it seem that Capcom is fully aware of what the community considers useful exploits vs bugs nobody wants. (Bearing in mind the Spencer loop was something identified to be fixed before the game was out.)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
QisTopTier said:
Push block the 3rd to last spin kick :p

I'm having more trouble with the beam though I've been able to royally screw Akuma over when Taskmaster was alive and I legion arrowed over it consistently.

Dahbomb

Quite a few characters have their standing normals whiff on crouching short characters.

Like Wesker's st.L on someone like Ammy or even a crouching Zero.

Zero Combo Bible

Yeah I've been playing Zero a lot since the game came out. For me, he's one of the easier characters to play with as far as combos go although mixing up people and tricking people with teleports is another thing. Playing on a pad helps out a lot since you could just map the L button to a shoulder button and charge all day. Only problem coming from playing Zero is when I do cr.H into f+H I don't let go of Down early enough and end up with a QCF+H when trying to do f+H. Other than that I can do most of the combos in that video... FEELS GOOD MAN.

Fugu

DarkoMaledictus said:
That pretty much is regular phoenix with healing field. I've seen healing field save a bunch of players from some crazy combos...
Not if you give 800k Phoenix the healing field. Phoenix with 1.6 million and the ability to use meter would be my new point character. It's already really, really easy to make that 420k count without even being able to utilize anything involving meter. If I could add a phoenix rage at the end of every combo (or freely DHC into/out of Phoenix) it would pretty quickly make the remainder of the game's cast irrelevant.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
mr. puppy said:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/01/marvel-vs-capcom-3-patch-was-planned-release/
Even if I give Capcom the benefit of the doubt on this, where the hell are their "community managers"? Isn't this the sort of stuff they are supposed to be communicating? Shouldn't we have heard about this well in advance? Those hype monkeys were everywhere prior to release screaming about how MvC3 was handed down directly from Zeus and now we don't even know about the Shadow Battle 2 until someone happens to see it for sale.

Dahbomb

Let's wait until Captivate/Comic-Con before biting Capcom's head off. Capcom only answered MVC3 related questions at specific events, before the release that is. I expect some info about the future of MVC3 at Captivate along with announcement of some DLC characters.

I just hope there are people at the event who are willing to ask the tough questions. Like when are we getting Spectator/Replay mode? When's the netcode going to be fixed? What other balance changes do they have in mind? Are they going to change X Factor?

Probably going to have some people ask about DLC characters only though... :/

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
DjangoReinhardt said:
Even if I give Capcom the benefit of the doubt on this, where the hell are their "community managers"? Isn't this the sort of stuff they are supposed to be communicating? Shouldn't we have heard about this well in advance? Those hype monkeys were everywhere prior to release screaming about how MvC3 was handed down directly from Zeus and now we don't even know about the Shadow Battle 2 until someone happens to see it for sale.

Oh, the flipside of the situation is that Capcom has turned into a complete black hole after the game shipped. That's no good either.

To be fair, it's a company and their marketing and PR staff have to go to work planning the next hype festival down the road. (Like Captivate.) But the degree to which they "shipped it and forgot it" was pretty conspicuous.

The only thing they need to talk about right now is spectator mode and when they're going to patch it in. Everything else is an afterthought. New characters, stages, costumes, nerfs/buffs and modes are a waste of time before spectator.

I'm probably going to annoy the hell out of people...
Dahbomb said:
Fuck man... I am rehearsing Doom combos in my head in real life. :/

DAT MAHVEL CRACK!
I've been wanting to fight more Doom players after the incident with grifter. I like to call it "the shame".

Kaijima said:
Yes.
People are just conspiracy minded because Sentinel has a lot of drama surrounding him. I'll bet you right now if they'd adjusted just the health on say, Haggar or Tron, people'd shrug but accept it.

that be a bet I'd take you on.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
The only thing they need to talk about right now is spectator mode and when they're going to patch it in. Everything else is an afterthought. New characters, stages, costumes, nerfs/buffs and modes are a waste of time before spectator.
Can't really bring myself to care about spectator mode as long as the netcode still sucks.

NeoUltima said:
Wow, what a discovery! Before a match starts, you can hold down an assist button to switch your order.

probly old though
At least a decade old. :p

Solune

Dahbomb said:
No way, I love Dante in this game but they fucked up his level 3 bad. It's literally Stinger 3 times and that's it. It could've been way better, like a long ass combo string including all of his weapons from DMC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom