• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Master

I was pretty proud of myself in an online match earlier. I noticed they put Hsien-Ko on point, and was really confused. Then I assumed what they were going to do, and I was right. Super'd right as the match started, and caught her trying to super then tag her out. Feels good, man.

Dahbomb

That's the first time I have seen Sentinel being used for RP assist.

LMAO @ streamers complaining about Megaman (Zero costume) and Vergil (Wesker costume) trolling in MVC3.

Toski

QisTopTier said:
Wait you thought that was real? xD
No, I was questioning if it was why wouldn't they give X any various form of armor if they actually put stock blue X in the game. Believing any announcement on April Fools day would be silly. :D

I want X3 armor X damnit!

For the last 2 current DLC slots, I'm expecting money making characters. Venom for Marvel and probably Strider or Vergil for Capcom.

Nose Master

Dahbomb said:
That's the first time I have seen Sentinel being used for RP assist.

LMAO @ streamers complaining about Megaman (Zero costume) and Vergil (Wesker costume) trolling in MVC3.

What's this about a stream?

Dahbomb

Toski said:
No, I was questioning if it was why wouldn't they give X any various form of armor if they actually put stock blue X in the game. Believing any announcement on April Fools day would be silly. :D

I want X3 armor X damnit!

For the last 2 current DLC slots, I'm expecting money making characters. Venom for Marvel and probably Strider or Vergil for Capcom.
You mean the next 2 or the last two? The next 2 are gonna be Frank West and Dr. Octopus. They have codes for those 2 in the game already.

Toski

Dahbomb said:
You mean the next 2 or the last two? The next 2 are gonna be Frank West and Dr. Octopus. They have codes for those 2 in the game already.
Theres only 2 more slots open. Until Capcom announces the next characters nothing is certain. I would also substitute Venom for Carnage in my previous post because that way they could backdoor/troll Twelve as an alt color for Carnage.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Great stream..i really think K beast is THE star of norcal..i really wanna see him commit to ONE team and get shit done... i always enjoy his TVC matches (and marvel 3).

Dahbomb

Toski said:
Theres only 2 more slots open. Until Capcom announces the next characters nothing is certain. I would also substitute Venom for Carnage in my previous post because that way they could backdoor/troll Twelve as an alt color for Carnage.
Capcom can easily expand the "slots" in the character select screen. They have been doing this for over a year, with every build we saw more and more squares being expanded.

We are going to be getting more than 2 DLC characters, just you wait and see.

Mit-

I really don't think we're going to get more than 2 more characters, and I think they'll just be the already-worked-on Doc Ock and Frank West.

Then, maybe if the game sells absurd amounts of DLC and continues to sell copies in the coming months, we'll get more. Otherwise they'll just look to the future, perhaps for a new version/rerelease of the game with more content, or just whatever's next for Niitsuma.

I don't have much hope that we'll see Spectator Mode either. Goddammit Capcom do something to restore my trust in you.

Toski

Mit- said:
I really don't think we're going to get more than 2 more characters, and I think they'll just be the already-worked-on Doc Ock and Frank West.

Then, maybe if the game sells absurd amounts of DLC and continues to sell copies in the coming months, we'll get more. Otherwise they'll just look to the future, perhaps for a new version/rerelease of the game with more content, or just whatever's next for Niitsuma.

I don't have much hope that we'll see Spectator Mode either. Goddammit Capcom do something to restore my trust in you.
I agree we'll only see 2 more DLC characters, but I think Niitsuma's next project will either be Super/Hyper/Ultimate/Whatever Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Marvel vs Capcom 4. I don't see Capcom greenlighting any Darkstalkers sequels or reviving a Power Stone, Rival Schools, or any other dormant fighting franchises. I also don't think we'll be seeing a TvC sequel any time soon either after the numbers that put up. Hopefully for the next version they put in all the bells and whistles which should've been in the game in the first place.

Dahbomb

After playing MVC3 a lot and watching it a lot... I might be crazy in saying this but I really feel that MVC3 is one of the more "balanced" fighting games around. I would compare this game's balance to something like Tekken 5 DR/Tekken 6 BR, where you have some tiers and some "match ups" where certain character is at an advantage/disadvantage but overall every character/team has a chance if it's set up correctly.

Also characters like Hulk/Haggar have their match ups too. Like they are good with assists backing them up and against characters who like to get in. Haggar especially strives on player mistakes as he likes to control space with his pipe and leads to good meterless damage. Not to mention that these character's main strength are their invulnerable moves, which means that a rushdown team comes in backed up by an assist (like Akuma's assist) and Hulk does Anti-Air Gamma Charge ~ H, combo and hyper killing off 2 characters. Same for Haggar, he can do Lariat into super and probably X Factor for the double character kill and after that it's one mix up into the finisher.

There is a reason why invulnerable assists are given to a very few select cast members, those who aren't that great on point. I would say it's more of a balancing thing that characters like Hsien-Ko, Haggar, Hulk aren't that great on point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
After playing MVC3 a lot and watching it a lot... I might be crazy in saying this but I really feel that MVC3 is one of the more "balanced" fighting games around. I would compare this game's balance to something like Tekken 5 DR/Tekken 6 BR, where you have some tiers and some "match ups" where certain character is at an advantage/disadvantage but overall every character/team has a chance if it's set up correctly.

Also characters like Hulk/Haggar have their match ups too. Like they are good with assists backing them up and against characters who like to get in. Haggar especially strives on player mistakes as he likes to control space with his pipe and leads to good meterless damage. Not to mention that these character's main strength are their invulnerable moves, which means that a rushdown team comes in backed up by an assist (like Akuma's assist) and Hulk does Anti-Air Gamma Charge ~ H, combo and hyper killing off 2 characters. Same for Haggar, he can do Lariat into super and probably X Factor for the double character kill and after that it's one mix up into the finisher.

There is a reason why invulnerable assists are given to a very few select cast members, those who aren't that great on point. I would say it's more of a balancing thing that characters like Hsien-Ko, Haggar, Hulk aren't that great on point.
Certainly more balanced than SSFIVAE, which is probably the most counterintuitive iteration of any game ever.

"Let's go ahead and try and balance all of the charaLOL YUN."

Dahbomb said:
He needs to learn how to set up situations with Thor that lead into his command grab and then again into his resets. He also needs more damaging Hulk combos but I like his DHC option. I haven't seen a lot of his matches, I hope he is using Thor's OTG assist to do extended Ryu combos, it really opens up Ryu's damage potential.
Thor doesn't have an OTG assist, Mighty Smash M ground bounces. Still very very good, though. Bounce assists are my favorite.

mr. puppy

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Certainly more balanced than SSFIVAE, which is probably the most counterintuitive iteration of any game ever.

+1 to this shit

enzo_gt said:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure added Petshop, which is like the zoning equivalent of Gill that can't be hit low.

Dahbomb

Speaking of Gill, I hope Capcom adds a Capcom equivalent of Phoenix in the game (character who comes back at LVL5). It's not fair that only one character can do this.

Dahbomb said:
Speaking of Gill, I hope Capcom adds a Capcom equivalent of Phoenix in the game (character who comes back at LVL5). It's not fair that only one character can do this.
It's just a part of her nature as the avatar for the Phoenix force. I don't think Capcom has anyone on their side with that kind of power or ability. I'm also pretty sure that none of the characters in the DLC poll had a power like hers.

If that is the case then I'd rather see them concentrate on the characters people voted for. The last thing we need in this game is another Phoenix.

Dahbomb

Gill can resurrect himself at full meter. He doesn't really become more powerful but Capcom could sure make him that way if they wanted.

Also Vergil came back as Nelo Angelo, they could implement him that way.

Yeah I 100% agree that they are much better off going for the DLC poll results than trying to implement characters like Gill. Capcom already put some really off the wall characters in the game, now it's time to get some fan favorites in.

That "leaked" list (at least on the Capcom side) would be a good DLC list, except for Gail which should be replaced with Vergil. The rest is good.

Dahbomb said:
Gill can resurrect himself at full meter. He doesn't really become more powerful but Capcom could sure make him that way if they wanted.

Also Vergil came back as Nelo Angelo, they could implement him that way.

Yeah I 100% agree that they are much better off going for the DLC poll results than trying to implement characters like Gill. Capcom already put some really off the wall characters in the game, now it's time to get some fan favorites in.

That "leaked" list (at least on the Capcom side) would be a good DLC list, except for Gail which should be replaced with Vergil. The rest is good.
That list as kind of hilarious since Elektra supposedly made the cut. I'm pretty sure she never even made it past 1% when the results were in. I suppose Gill could be another addition to the cast, but I don't really feel strongly about him in one way or another...

Oh, and I realize that you a big fan of Vergil and DMC, but you are really looking for trouble if you ask me. We have no way of knowing if Sent's nerf was caused by fan backlash. DMC fans have already gotten two characters in this game and they're both at least in the lower section of the high tier when compared to most other characters. Dante was already getting people salty when the game first came out with a seemingly limitless number of options and Trish has some crazy good tools at high level play and scrub play. Putting Vergil out there with a Phoenix revival is just asking for the DMC characters to experience the nerf stick.

Just my two cents as someone who nearly drowned in a sea of Dante users in the first three weeks of this game's life...

I don't give a fuck about fan favorites, I just want interesting play styles. If they can combine both, then that's good too.

I want fucking Rathalos, because capcom needs a giant like Sentinel.

Vergil doesn't need a Nelo Angelo revival, because it's not even a revival to begin with. That'd be like Dante turning into DMC1 Dante when he died. Makes no sense. What he does need is Strider's play style. That's pretty much his move set anyway.

Dahbomb

Gill isn't on the leaked list, Gail is (unless it's a typo/mistranslation). Gill isn't in the DLC polls Top 10 either, but Vergil is. I only brought him up because God's Beard brought it up. I don't care about him either and it seems not many people either. Would rather have M.Bison in if we were to pick a SF character, hell even Juri.

And I was kidding about the Vergil resurrection thing. If Vergil is in the game, then he would be like a Strider-type character because that's in essence his character/play style. Teleports, projectiles, sword slashes, orbital swords hovering around him to keep opponents pinned down and a "trigger" where he basically turns into Nelo Angelo (sort of like DT with Dante but different). He would be top tier for sure though, if he gets the same treatment as Dante.

I don't think the whole "DMC already has 2 characters" is really valid. SF has 4, Darkstalkers has 3, RE has 3 and Megaman most likely will have 3 also.

I am with God's Beard, I want interesting play styles. If they happen to incorporate fan favorites as well then that's great too. Vergil has an interesting play style, and if Strider has legal issues then Vergil is the next best thing.

zlatko

Banned
The more I think about it the character I want to see the most is Rolento. He's my favorite fighting game character of all time and the fact he got snubbed in SF4/SSF4/SSFAE is a damn shame. :(

My gut feeling is 2 more dlc characters along with outfits for everyone and some stages this year. Next year Super MVC3 with more disc characters and some more dlc characters.

That or lots of dlc characters this year and then a disc release with all dlc once the dlc is done with.

Can't wait for Captivate next week!

jdub03

shaowebb said:
Anyone else see Mike Ross's new team?

It's Ryu on point
THOR on second
Hulk on Anchor

What the....?

I got to say though he is a master at luring people in with both his Hulk and Thor. He flies around a lot and shoots a lot of rocks at them with hulk forcing them to try to either jump in or in Thor's case dash under him (suicide).

Digging his Randy Savage Elbow drop setup from Thor.

Mike's new team

In before he is a Master baiter joke.

BTW: Anyone else here ever lose to this 1,000,000 damage cheap ass combo?

Oh snap. Thanks for showing me this[evil grin]. My team is Tron/ammy/spencer so this will benefit me a lot. Spencer is the new meter hungry phoenix.

LakeEarth

Dahbomb said:
You can also hit him to stop the regeneration process and do some serious damage. I know you can hit Pheonix too but it is really situational and usually involves using x-factor to negate the resurrection push.

rivals

I was planning on it but I have an appointment out an SF I have to be at soon. If I feel up to it tonight I might try to head down and watch. I've never been to a tournament so I want to check it out.

Kimosabae

Banned
I still think the community has the wrong perspective regarding Yun in AE and Ono's intentions, and never fails to miss the point. The schizophrenia in the FGC on display regarding modern "overpowered" characters is incredible. What were a lot of us saying about Sentinel just a week ago?

Aw, forget it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ramnation just went live on iplaywinner but it says the stream is private

Maybe they are just testing for keystone later today.

vg260

enzo_gt said:

Seriously. This did so well going from SFIV to super, and AE seems like they're fixing what isn't broken, and plopping the twins in throwing everything off.

I hope we see Doc Ock in MvC3 so much. I like the character variety, but his game feels just plain wrong missing a Spider-Man villian. I'm going to be crushed if they scrapped him. Hopefully he's the character they had to yank due the Frank West issues. He really deserved to be on disc, being an iconic Marvel villain, and have Taskmaster or Sentinel as DLC.

Threi

notag
has anyone who uses spencer experimented with his up-forward grappple during blockstrings? It looks like it can create some nasty pressure (disregarding short chars of course)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Grecco said:
Should be 2 different streams. The Aarkansas tournament on team spooky and another one i think
Thanks bud.
Will watch the Spooky one.

EDIT: Yeah im the Fersis who spams and trolls the stream chat about KOF. :3

Kimosabae said:
I still think the community has the wrong perspective regarding Yun in AE and Ono's intentions, and never fails to miss the point. The schizophrenia in the FGC on display regarding modern "overpowered" characters is incredible. What were a lot of us saying about Sentinel just a week ago?

Very true.

To top it off, all of this bitching about Yun on the internet comes from people who haven't even played AE yet.

vg260

Kimosabae said:

Aw, forget it.

I'm curious. Could you elaborate? I know a lot of people were proclaiming Dudley to be broken and and Guile to have gotten no improvements before Super came out or immediately after, but people's problems with Yun are after the community has gotten a lot of hands-on play with him for some time. Apparently the Japanese community is not that pleased with how he's shaping up. I would think they've played enough of him by now that the complaints have some merit.(?) Probably belongs in the Super thread.

Back to MvC3, looking forward to Captivate. Hope they reveal Ock and Frank and some extra stages, and the upcoming alts. Classic Spencer, please.

2Crisis

Grecco said:
Should be 2 different streams. The Aarkansas tournament on team spooky and another one i think

Just a little clarification,

Spooky is casting the battle of 8bit at 4pm EST: Link

the Ark. tournament is gonna be here at "2PM". I'm assuming that's central time, so in like ... 5 minutes?

Grecco

_dementia said:
Any big names at the Arkansas tourney?

Justin Wong

and yeah i got em confused. The arkansas one is at 230CDT i think.

Anyone know if the igotnext documentary is still available? The non theatrical cut?

_dementia said:
Any big names at the Arkansas tourney?

Not a big name, but my roommate (twg arthur, honda player) is gonna be there, and I believe Fubar is going as well. I was going to be there as well but family matters in houston needed to be tended to this weekend :( Really wanted to see Justin body the south in person lol.

edit - also joe and Toan(the guy that play fanatiq for 100k+ money match in mvc2)

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Kimosabae said:

Aw, forget it.
If we take Ono's words at face value, his theory is that overpowered characters galvanize the arcade community. The arcade community is saying otherwise. This isn't complicated. Ono is exactly wrong.

Street Fighter players want a balanced series. Versus players want an insane series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom