• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Too soon to nerf Phoenix when you still see only a handful of people even try to snap her in. We'll see how things are a few months down the line when people have started to refine their post-snap mixups. If you let her get to 5 bars then you're pretty much dead since Dark Phoenix is like a fucking Mugen boss, and I think that's the point. Fighting Phoenix like fighting an RPG boss that does nothing but countdown and if you don't kill it before it gets to 0, you're gonna eat shit.

Grifter

Take a tip from my locals, play Magneto at anchor and wait for gravity squeeze. Bonus: really fast combos and mild arthritis.

Lost Fragment said:
Too soon to nerf Phoenix when you still see only a handful of people even try to snap her in. We'll see how things are a few months down the line when people have started to refine their post-snap mixups. If you let her get to 5 bars then you're pretty much dead since Dark Phoenix is like a fucking Mugen boss, and I think that's the point. Fighting Phoenix like fighting an RPG boss that does nothing but countdown and if you don't kill it before it gets to 0, you're gonna eat shit.

I will admit I was wrong in saying nerf Phoenix. What I meant to say was BUFF regular Phoenix and make Dark Phoenix HARDER to bring out. As it is right now they may as well have just ditched OG Phoenix and just put Dark Phoenix as she is in her place. Building 4 bars in this game simply isn't enough of a deterrent for people not to get DPh.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Grifter said:
Take a tip from my locals, play Magneto at anchor and wait for gravity squeeze. Bonus: really fast combos and mild arthritis.

Yeah she can't do that jump up -> throw fireballs shit against Magneto when he has lvl 3 and she isn't already a hair away from 5 bars. Hitting her with that is pretty hilarious.

Also, snapping her in with Trish is pretty dirty because Trish has completely ambiguous 50/50s off of a snap in.

Ogrekiller said:
I will admit I was wrong in saying nerf Phoenix. What I meant to say was BUFF regular Phoenix and make Dark Phoenix HARDER to bring out. As it is right now they may as well have just ditched OG Phoenix and just put Dark Phoenix as she is in her place. Building 4 bars in this game simply isn't enough of a deterrent for people not to get DPh.

I'd still like to see her be changed, but not because she's powerful. I'd like to see her changed just because she's stupid. I want to see people be able to play her in ways that's not just 1. Get her 5 bars 2. Push butans.

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:
what is your PSN btw? D:

Fight tonight? I scrub with spiderman team... like baaaad. Ask proto, it was a bloodbath.

Also Have I fought solar? I wanna fight another hsein player.

It's not our location, Capcom just can't make an online fighting game if their company depended on it.
Ultimoo said:
I don't remember if you're scrubby or not though, lol, I'll be in GAF chat.
We've never fought before. I wouldn't say that I'm scrubby either.

So the tournament at my college (first prize is a 3DS+SSF4 3D) is on Tuesday and I am getting nervous. I am sticking with my X-23/Hsien-Ko/Dormammu team but I am scared of
getting beaten by random scrub tactics :/

If any of you see me (GT: General Convo) on XBL playing Marvel, shoot me an invite. I need as much practice as I can get before Tuesday. Oh and if you guys have any tips for my characters/team please feel free to post them ^_^

I don't expect anyone to be as good as you guys (went to an SF4 "tournament" here and motherfuckers didn't know what an EX move was :O) but I could use any and all help my fellow Gaffers could spare ^_^

Ferrio

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
So the tournament at my college (first prize is a 3DS+SSF4 3D) is on Tuesday and I am getting nervous. I am sticking with my X-23/Hsien-Ko/Dormammu team but I am scared of

Gold armor hsein eats scrubs, that's a great choice if the tournament is bad as you think it'll be. If that's the case I'd be practicing on my sent, pheonix defense since you know there's going to be a few relying on those two.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What a weird set of events.

I got matched with this guy beat him twice in player match and then he send me a message saying "Get a life"

We get matched again he beats me once and he says "PWNED, YOU SALTY NOW" and leaves. I never trashed talked or anything i just sent him a message saying "GG"

Why even act like that? People act like babies online. Call me a loser without a life because i beat you in two matches and then trash talk me when you win one match and then leave?

NinajHeartless said:

If any of you see me (GT: General Convo) on XBL playing Marvel, shoot me an invite. I need as much practice as I can get before Tuesday. Oh and if you guys have any tips for my characters/team please feel free to post them ^_^

I don't expect anyone to be as good as you guys (went to an SF4 "tournament" here and motherfuckers didn't know what an EX move was :O) but I could use any and all help my fellow Gaffers could spare ^_^
For a 3DS?

I've got free weekends now and I'm willing to help out. This will not be fun for you, but I'm willing to offer my assistance.

:)

MThanded said:

I got matched with this guy beat him twice in player match and then he send me a message saying "Get a life"

We get matched again he beats me once and he says "PWNED, YOU SALTY NOW" and leaves. I never trashed talked or anything i just sent him a message saying "GG"

Why even act like that? People act like babies online. Call me a loser without a life because i beat you in two matches and then trash talk me when you win one match and then leave?
Fighting games are still the most competitive form of videogame competition to this day. When someone loses they have no one to blame, but themselves. It's no surprise that people get salty.

MThanded said:

Maybe it's a Euro Marvel thing but I've had no hate-mail for winning and quite a bit of praise. Really weird given SF4 was the opposite.

SolarPowered said:
For a 3DS?

I've got free weekends now and I'm willing to help out. This will not be fun for you, but I'm willing to offer my assistance.

:)

I'd greatly appreciate it :) I am willing to take a beating if I gain some skill in the end...
and
I just found out it might not be as free as I thought. At least three folks going are also going to a local tourney in Mahwah, NJ. The fact that they even know this other tournament exists scares me and tells me that they must post on SRK (I don't, I only found out about this other thing through Twitter). Maybe I shouldn't have promised my girlfriend a 3DS so soon :(

But whatevs, again I would love to train with you. :) Tomorrow I should be free most of the day! I need to get bettah! I will do whatever it takes to win that 3DS! (No fucking way I am buying a $250 portable right now :p)

Threi

notag
lol i didn't even know you can combo spencer's air grapples (the hit before he zips over)

does no damage but it looks kinda funny lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
QisTopTier said:

WTF! If it's fake, it looks really damn good. And if it's real, it looks really damn good.

In other news, just dropped nearly $500 in production equipment and other things for a future episode of The Online Warrior. Really hope it's well received when all's said and done.

Caj814

LeMaximilian said:
WTF! If it's fake, it looks really damn good. And if it's real, it looks really damn good.

In other news, just dropped nearly $500 in production equipment and other things for a future episode of The Online Warrior. Really hope it's well received when all's said and done.

I thought the name "Megaman X" would automatically make it fake since he usually just goes by "X" in the main games right?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Caj814 said:
I thought the name "Megaman X" would automatically make it fake since he usually just goes by "X" in the main games right?

Well, since X-23 is in the game, maybe calling him just 'X' might make it more confusing considering the cast.

Hillbilly : "How in tarnation did that little blue man turn into my future wife?! They got it right on the 23rd time thats fer sure."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LeMaximilian said:

Damn Max.. this seems like a pretty serious deal you've got going on, stoked to see it though. I had a friend who doesn't own any fighting games tell me about how he saw your series and the Okami dog of yours and all. Keep up the good work!

LeMaximilian said:

Haha, you think so? I think it looks straight out of those Christmas claymation movies.

And cool to see you investing in equipment. Your vids are good stuff.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Spirit of Jazz said:
Maybe it's a Euro Marvel thing but I've had no hate-mail for winning and quite a bit of praise. Really weird given SF4 was the opposite.

I got my first hatemail today after something like 250+ matches, but I managed to turn it around. Right after a few matches with sir BluntTrayxxxx. I got the following message:

y grab pussy ?

So I replied with: I do love grabbing pussy, thanks!

Whereupon he sent:

yea my dog¡¡¡¡ AND welcum

Immature: yes, but also slightly funny.

As for those matches I get tons of random grabs when trying to do shield skills with Taskmaster. I guess that's not too detrimental, though it does rob me of a potential awesome combo starter. Need to learn some more mixup stuff though. Doing the low starting combos often screws me over because I don't return to a neutral controller position and end up firing arrows instead of Spidey Swinging.

Pseudo edit: Did you manage to make it on the WNF stream this week Maximillian?

mr. puppy

Banned
LeMaximilian said:

when you click on it, it brings you to trolololol. so.....its not real

Ultimoo said:
who is scrubby and wants to play on PSN

requirements: must be scrubby

I'm pretty scrubby if you need more people to fight.

PSN: Ozzybx

Anyone else is free to add as well, just say Gaf so I know to accept.

Anyone have any advice on the air combos? Still can't finish the string of combos in most of the missions. Especially the ones that end with light attack.

Morris

Disco Devil
Solune said:
I'm scrubby! PSN: Sollune

admiral_ackbar_star_wars_7_vii_star_wars_episode_7_seven_7th_seventh.jpg

jdub03

Ultimoo said:
I don't even weapon change, that's how badass I am.

been working on it though. :D

You should atleast learn this combo. You can link 2 to 3 okami shuffles off it. Also it looks badass when you actually pull it off.

MThanded said:

Welcome to fighting games. I think I have a 10% avoided rate just from playing fighting games over the past 4 or 5 years. People are extra salty when they lose in these games.

El Sloth

Banned
Seb has a new website: http://frame-advantage.com/

Seb said:
Welcome to the official Frame-Advantage website! All your favorite FADC videos are here, as well as lots more from our partnerships with iPLAYWINNER, Team Spooky, Level|Up Series, and more! Go check em out! And while you're at it, feel free to search videos by character, by player, by assist or ultra selection, or by commentator!

He's got a whole bunch of vids from Battlefield Arcadia here and Final Round here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk.. execution goes to shit on XBL kinda lag :/

Anyone down for a few scrub-ish 360 matches right now?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
first time picking the game up in almost 2 weeks..been tryin to get magz ghetto rom down..if anyone got tips id love some insight.

Neki

jdub03 said:
You should atleast learn this combo. You can link 2 to 3 okami shuffles off it. Also it looks badass when you actually pull it off.

Welcome to fighting games. I think I have a 10% avoided rate just from playing fighting games over the past 4 or 5 years. People are extra salty when they lose in these games.

I can do that combo, it's just impossible to do any weapon change combos online.

Dahbomb

El Sloth said:
Yeah, considering all the stuff they could have done with Dante his level 3 is pretty ass.
Stinger is like his most CLASSICAL DMC move, him doing the ultimate Stinger move is so DMC-ish. It's like the Shinkuu Shoryuken of DMC. Simple and classical.

Anyway they already used up all his moves from DMC3, even Dance Macabre which I thought would've been the LVL3.

shaowebb

Anyone else see Mike Ross's new team?

It's Ryu on point
THOR on second
Hulk on Anchor

What the....?

I got to say though he is a master at luring people in with both his Hulk and Thor. He flies around a lot and shoots a lot of rocks at them with hulk forcing them to try to either jump in or in Thor's case dash under him (suicide).

Digging his Randy Savage Elbow drop setup from Thor.

Mike's new team

In before he is a Master baiter joke.

BTW: Anyone else here ever lose to this 1,000,000 damage cheap ass combo?

Dahbomb

He needs to learn how to set up situations with Thor that lead into his command grab and then again into his resets. He also needs more damaging Hulk combos but I like his DHC option. I haven't seen a lot of his matches, I hope he is using Thor's OTG assist to do extended Ryu combos, it really opens up Ryu's damage potential.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Toski said:
The only thing I question is why wouldn't they give X one of his various forms of armor? The blue Zero is trolling enough, but with the bone stock X and a blue Zero on the screen at the same time things could get very confusing, although that didn't stop Capcom from not differentiating Dark Phoenix flames during mirror matches.
Wait you thought that was real? xD

Nose Master

I really hope that screen is fake, cause X's model looks like absolute dicks. (That's bad.) Also, at least put some effort into the shop. You couldn't be troubled to use a hit animation that resembles something that X would actually have? Why would he have that slash?

Neki

shaowebb said:
Anyone else see Mike Ross's new team?

It's Ryu on point
THOR on second
Hulk on Anchor

What the....?

I got to say though he is a master at luring people in with both his Hulk and Thor. He flies around a lot and shoots a lot of rocks at them with hulk forcing them to try to either jump in or in Thor's case dash under him (suicide).

Digging his Randy Savage Elbow drop setup from Thor.

Mike's new team

In before he is a Master baiter joke.

BTW: Anyone else here ever lose to this 1,000,000 damage cheap ass combo?
didn't that combo just cost 5 meters to do all that damage? pretty bad, lol.

Dahbomb

Yeah that's about as real as the Strider, M. Bison, Green Goblin and Frank West shops.

LOL @ that set up. 5 meters for that combo is also lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom