• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

Threi said:
has anyone who uses spencer experimented with his up-forward grappple during blockstrings? It looks like it can create some nasty pressure (disregarding short chars of course)

Are you talking about wire pull(S+A)? If so that move requires you to swing a set distance before you can attack. It might be different when swinging diagonal though. I'll have to test that out. I tried doing an instant overhead by grappling upwards during a block string but couldn't attack until I reached the top of my swing.

2&2 said:
Back to MvC3, looking forward to Captivate. Hope they reveal Ock and Frank and some extra stages, and the upcoming alts. Classic Spencer, please.

RadSpencer.png

Threi

notag
yeah im talking about his wire pull. You can attack after the wire hits the guy (which is why i said it only really works on larger chars) and then hit with air M although you are physically an inch off the ground. AFAIK the only grapple you can cancel early is his up one, the one where he swings like spidey.

jdub03

Threi said:
yeah im talking about his wire pull. You can attack after the wire hits the guy (which is why i said it only really works on larger chars) and then hit with air M although you are physically an inch off the ground. AFAIK the only grapple you can cancel early is his up one, the one where he swings like spidey.

Oh ok. Might be able to do a combo string similar to what spider-man does. This could work assuming they aren't able to hit you after the air m.

Kimosabae

Banned
DjangoReinhardt said:
If we take Ono's words at face value, his theory is that overpowered characters galvanize the arcade community. The arcade community is saying otherwise. This isn't complicated. Ono is exactly wrong.

Street Fighter players want a balanced series. Versus players want an insane series.

But the community did galvanize - in response to Ono's comments - not AE Yun. Seems to me the real problem occurred when Ono opened his damned mouth, not when people realized Yun was powerful. Now, instead of finding means to marginalize Yun, like the community managed to do with Vanilla Sagat and Sentinel (just two examples), the community is looking for means to make Ono look incompetent/philosophically circumcised and Yun domination in the Japanese arcades is doing the trick.

And your distinction betwixt Marvel and Street Fighter players is baseless and meaningless. Versus players want imbalance? Did Comcast pull the plug on you during Sentinel-Gate?

Kimosabae said:
But the community did galvanize - in response to Ono's comments - not AE Yun. Seems to me the real problem occurred when Ono opened his damned mouth, not when people realized Yun was powerful. Now, instead of finding means to marginalize Yun, like the community managed to do with Vanilla Sagat and Sentinel (just two examples), the community is looking for means to make Ono look incompetent/philosophically circumcised and Yun domination in the Japanese arcades is doing the trick.

And your distinction betwixt Marvel and Street Fighter players is baseless and meaningless. Versus players want imbalance? Did Comcast pull the plug on you during Sentinel-Gate?
I would rather play in a tournament with nothing but Vanilla Sagats with a smile on my face than fight a 10-minute Yun in AE.

Kimosabae

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I would rather play in a tournament with nothing but Vanilla Sagats with a smile on my face than fight a 10-minute Yun in AE.

I'm curious as to how much time you've spent with AE (in particular in relation to Vanilla SF4) before coming to that conclusion?

Kimosabae said:
I'm curious as to how much time you've spent with AE (in particular in relation to Vanilla SF4) before coming to that conclusion?
I've played only a handful of matches, so my view is admittedly biased. What you can't deny is the outrage over Ono's decision to overpower the rest of the cast with Yun. People were already mad with Yun being as strong as he was before Ono ever said anything. People were looking for someone to blame, and when Ono mentioned his reasons behind Yun, people had a place to aim their anger.

Even with my short short time with AE, it's obvious that he's head and shoulders better than Vanilla Sagat was.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Kimosabae said:
Sagat wasn't marginalized until Super. Plenty of characters simply didn't have the tools to deal with him in Vanilla. Learning the match-up only takes you so far if you're using Zangief.

Dealing with a single character in MvC3 is a far different matter than in SFIV. You have two other characters, their assists, and snapbacks. On top of that, there were already several individual match-ups that were heavily against Sentinel. How many match-ups were worse than 5-5 for Sagat in Vanilla?

Have you played against AE Yun? Have you seen how low-risk/high-reward his offense is? Have you seen how easily he builds meter? Have you seen how good his super is? Have you seen his EX lunge that is + on block and combos into Ultra on hit?
Kimosabae said:
Yeah, the lesson I took from MvC2's longevity was that Versus fans want a subdued experience. Also, the reason Super Turbo still has a following is because people are having so much fun trying to "marginalize" Akuma.

Solune

QisTopTier said:
Which isn't even that bad, it's not like it's Seth levels of HP.
Exactly. Akuma is A tier for sure in Vanilla and Super. AE Yun health isn't in issue, he's still A tier. And why did SFIV discussion get into a MvC3 thread anyways! Jesus.

Solune said:
Exactly. Akuma is A tier for sure in Vanilla and Super. AE Yun health isn't in issue, he's still A tier. And why did SFIV discussion get into a MvC3 thread anyways! Jesus.

Given that example, put AE Akuma into vanilla, and he wouldn't be anywhere near his vanilla counterpart without his original damage or stun.

kirblar

Dahbomb said:
Speaking of Gill, I hope Capcom adds a Capcom equivalent of Phoenix in the game (character who comes back at LVL5). It's not fair that only one character can do this.
This should be the "OBJECTION" super for Phoenix Wright.

Grecco

kirblar said:
This should be the "OBJECTION" super for Phoenix Wright.

I have absolutely no idea how Capcom would get Phoenix to work in this game, but something like that would be hilarious, it would have to be ala Deadpools lvl 3 crazy over the top, maybe have an actual court room and have the opponent on the stand, i dunno.

I always thought the Giant Judge from Phoenxis Nightmare would make for a super too. Have the judge hammer the other guy with the gavel .

Grecco said:
I have absolutely no idea how Capcom would get Phoenix to work in this game, but something like that would be hilarious, it would have to be ala Deadpools lvl 3 crazy over the top, maybe have an actual court room and have the opponent on the stand, i dunno.

I always thought the Giant Judge from Phoenxis Nightmare would make for a super too. Have the judge hammer the other guy with the gavel .
Maybe using Maya's Magatama to wrap people up in Psyche-Locks. He could also dress up as the Steel Samurai, kinda like Frank West dressed like Mega Man in TvC.

kirblar

Grecco said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franziska_von_Karma would actually be a much easier fit for the game, and you could just have the supporting cast cameo on supers.

El Sloth said:
I wish Dormmamu could stock spells and use Liberation in the air. His runaway game would be so godlike.
Air runaway is what MODOK is for. Dormammu is like an impregnable tower. Arthur is a CAVE shooter boss, and Chris/Deadpool are your more traditional zoners.

Grecco

Ferrio said:
Ya let's take the worst prosecutor from the worst game in the series as the playable character....

wtf.

You foolish fool. Shes not the worst prosecutor (Agree she was in the worst game, unless we count Apollo Justice). She just has the whip which makes her a better character for a fighting game. Plus nothing wrong with more women.

Shout outs to SolarPowered!

Good games, though I think my quality of play was not up to snuff at all once I returned from the break (that or you figured me out after the 20 matches we played previously). I was also getting some lag on my end, I know in the end I was the one fucking up constantly <:)

Thanks for the training! I greatly appreciate it and I hope I wasn't too terrible for you! :3

Oh oh oh and if you have any tips please feel free to post them ^_^

Jill/Wesker/Doom is officially my main team now, with Arthur/Dormammu/Morrigan knocked to the sub position. Mostly because the Jill/Wesker pairing is so useful. I can do any hitconfirm into a major combo with Jill, then DHC into Wesker who gets another full combo, then raw tag combo Jill back in, then DHC back to Wesker again. Of course, I do more then enough damage to kill every character after I DHC in Wesker, but the idea is cool.

QisTopTier said:
It's bad to get knockdown by the entire cast, yes even arthur

Of course it's bad to get knocked down, I mean the characters with the best options. C.Viper's another good one. Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom