• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdub03 said:
Also have you tried doing cr. L xx s. H xx(cancel H animation before it hits) mighty hurricane. It works wonders.
That's why it's better to do H xx Mighty Strike M. You can see if they're blocking, then do a tick/kara throw.

rivals said:
He said on stream once that "All Zero players should constantly be holding M to charge the buster and learn how to move their hands around while holding M" so I'm guessing he's using M for it.

The real proper way is to change buttons as necessary but I guess this is okay too.

Zissou

LeMaximilian said:
After 16 hours of shooting, $600 worth of rental equipment and costumes, a blown out 300Watt spotlight, fried wall circuit in my bathroom, and a completely roasted motherboard from the light blowing up...my latest episode of 'Marvel vs Capcom 3: The Online Warrior' is done.

I don't think the term 'art through adversity' could be used any harder. I'm putting my all into this one guys. Hopefully will be ready by the end of the week.

Looking forward to it. Good luck, max

Ok so I'm building my revised BnB on paper because my old one was a little short of a kill combo, and I think I've got a good idea on what I want. I don't know if this all works, I might have to lose a couple hits for hitstun or the amount of time devil trigger lasts, but this seems like it should work on all characters from mid screen:

Jill/Dante:

2LMH4H(Feral Crouch Cancel), Somersault Kick(Jump Cancel), Flip Kick, Low Sweep(Feral Crouch Cancel), Somersault Kick(Jump Cancel), jHS, H4H xx Cartwheel Kick, Raven Spike DHC Devil Trigger, Cold Shower xx Stinger(Bold Cancel), Volcano(Jump Cancel), jM(Double Jump), jH xx Air Play, jH xx Killer Bee, A1(Arrow Kick), S, jH xx Air Raid

If anyone has any insight let me know. This should have a lot of flexibility and can pretty much start from anything.

Dahbomb

You can add more stuff after the Air Raid (depending how many times you used it), maybe a Vortex, Double jump into Jet Stream. Probably has to be near a corner though I have to go check it myself.

Dahbomb said:
You can add more stuff after the Air Raid (depending how many times you used it), maybe a Vortex, Double jump into Jet Stream. Probably has to be near a corner though I have to go check it myself.

You think it would be better to use the air raid earlier in the combo and extend from it then? Because as it is, the hitstun is gone when I use it.

Ugh, I think I need to buy a new wireless router. I keep getting disconnected from games, and sometimes it happens at the absolute worst moment. Yesterday, I got into a game with a guy and he caught two of my characters with a lucky hit and killed them off within about 10 seconds. Right as that happens, the game pauses....chugs...then disconnects. *Facepalm* How is that not going to look like a ragequit on my part? At least it was in unranked play.
In the two instances this has happened to me, I sent a PSN message apologizing.

I just got around to picking this up this week, and I suck SO bad, I almost have buyer's remorse. I haven't even gone online, the fucking CPU can beat the snot out of me on the default difficulty (By comparison I can beat SSF4 on the highest difficulty without much trouble with my main.).

It's just too much happening too fast for me to keep up with : (
You'll get used to it.

The real proper way is to change buttons as necessary but I guess this is okay too.
But that takes work! I'd rather just go without a button!
I don't even play Zero.

Hooooly fuck, Dahbomb.

S, M(double jump) H xx Air Raid, H xx Air Raid, H xx Killer Bee does sooo much Damage :-o

thanks man! I wonder if I can get more canceling the last H into flight...

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
You think it would be better to use the air raid earlier in the combo and extend from it then? Because as it is, the hitstun is gone when I use it.
Yes, replace Air Play with Air Raid earlier in the combo. You won't be able to Killer Bee directly after it but you will go into standing mode and launcher from there.

I can't comment on your set up because I haven't tried it after a Jill hyper follow up. I just know that Devil Trigger, M, H, Stinger, Bold Cancel, Volcano, Jump cancel, j.M, Air Raid, j.H, S into air combo + OTG follow up of choice works.

Yeah there are many variations you can do this in, there are no real set combos with Dante. My friend claims that he can do like 6 Air Raids in one combo. :/ I will have to call him out on him some day.

Dahbomb

I said that I don't know after an OTG follow up from the Jill combo because Killer Bee counts as a ground bounce but it DOES work if you just do the combo standalone.

You can just as easily do: Devil Trigger, M, H, Stinger, Bold Cancel, Volcano, Jump cancel, j.M, Air Raid, j.H, S , j.M, Killer Bee, S into air combo of choice.

And if you totally want to style on fools, you can do something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0U-yz4twbA&feature=related

mr. puppy

Banned
just curious, is Wong's main team still She-Hulk/Tron/Dog or is he rolling something new? It looked like his been goofing around with other stuff and just stunting on people, but I have no idea what his base is.

Dahbomb

Wolverine/Storm/Akuma
She Hulk/Amaterasu/Tron Bonne
Spider Man/Deadpool/Iron Man
Thor/Chris/Hsien Ko

He's totally serious face with the first one though. I know on WNF he lost to Clockw0rk using the She Hulk team and was forced to use his first one, barely winning out his two matches. First one uses the DHC glitch that's why it's more powerful.

Dahbomb said:
I said that I don't know after an OTG follow up from the Jill combo because Killer Bee counts as a ground bounce but it DOES work if you just do the combo standalone.

You can just as easily do: Devil Trigger, M, H, Stinger, Bold Cancel, Volcano, Jump cancel, j.M, Air Raid, j.H, S , j.M, Killer Bee, S into air combo of choice.

And if you totally want to style on fools, you can do something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0U-yz4twbA&feature=related

Well, you can ground bounce after an OTG as long as you didn't use a ground bounce earlier in the combo. Usually I would with Jill, but I could replace it with Jam Session to get the hyper off. Doesn't really matter because generally I use the arrow kick assist during the Killer Bee to get a wall bounce. It's probably easier to learn the jam session timing, though.

Dahbomb

Right. Which reminds me that you can also do Volcano -> Beehive back into Volcano->Beehive -> Hyper of choice as a finisher if you didn't use Killer Bee in the combo earlier.

Beehive's last hit causes ground bounce and is also an overhead. What's really weird is the Sky Dance bounce properties.

Dahbomb said:
Wolverine/Storm/Akuma
Thor/Chris/Hsien Ko

He's totally serious face with the first one though. I know on WNF he lost to Clockw0rk using the She Hulk team and was forced to use his first one, barely winning out his two matches. First one uses the DHC glitch that's why it's more powerful.
He also has
Zero/Felicia/Doom
Spiderman/Wesker/Magneto
Trish/Storm/Chun-Li

Guy's got more teams than Dante's got moves. And Dante's got hella lotta moves.

JeTmAn81

Is Beehive the one that looks like Chun Li's lightning legs? I haven't been able to pull it off, two quick dragon punches is pretty tough for me on the DualShock.

Ferrio

Banned
JeTmAn81 said:
Is Beehive the one that looks like Chun Li's lightning legs? I haven't been able to pull it off, two quick dragon punches is pretty tough for me on the DualShock.

Yep that's the one.

I wanna learn some of dante's flashy stuff, but it's brutal with any sorta of lag :(

Bionic arm is the reason my friends no longer play this game with me.

I really loathe playing online because the latency is so atrocious, so now I think I'm just going to sell my copy :/

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I am THIS close to dropping viper... 1, because she's hard to use... 2, because of lag.

It's frustrating cause I was trying one of his combos, you have to bold cancel into volcano and follow up with j.H. I was trying and and trying, and the j.H would rarely hit. I have my default training on 4 bars, turned it to 5.... hit the j.H almost every time.

Dahbomb

Ogrekiller said:
He also has
Zero/Felicia/Doom
Spiderman/Wesker/Magneto
Trish/Storm/Chun-Li

Guy's got more teams than Dante's got moves. And Dante's got hella lotta moves.
Forgot about the 1st and 3rd ones but I personally haven't seen his 2nd team put to work. I think he has a MODOK/Captain America team in the lab as well.

You gotta do it really fast, the second input I mean. Only way you can consistently get it out. An easier way to do it is forward, QCF+M then QCF+M. The forward from the previous input gets buffered into the next one.

I wanna learn the Dante flashy stuff too but it's A) Way too time consuming, want to learn other characters some what decent too B) Execution heavy and not worth the damage they give. Most of Dante's combos are excellent for stylin' on people but most of the time you can get way more damage out of simple Air Raid links.

One thing's for sure, Dante will always be a crowd pleaser. Yeah and I don't play online at all, lag pisses me off way too much especially in a game like this. Not that I could even play with my internet set up and area...

Grifter

you guys play this game exclusively online? the lag is so infuriating. you end up guessing... worse is when i'm not even sure if a mishap is due to lag. =(

Ferrio said:
It's frustrating cause I was trying one of his combos, you have to bold cancel into volcano and follow up with j.H. I was trying and and trying, and the j.H would rarely hit. I have my default training on 4 bars, turned it to 5.... hit the j.H almost every time.

It's not just that either, I can't do supers properly. You have no idea how many times I did a super and got a dash instead.

Grifter said:
you guys play this game exclusively online? the lag is so infuriating. you end up guessing... worse is when i'm not even sure if a mishap is due to lag. =(
I cannot stand online. I'm going to make an effort to attend more locals.

Grifter said:

yeah, fuck online. Probably the biggest reason I kinda stopped for a while.

But found a few local friends recently whom to play with it and the experience is so much better. I can do them Magneto flight combos now, whereas i dropped them a lot during online play...it was really hard to know whether my execution was ass or because of the lag. Well, my execution and overall MvC3 play still needs work of course, but online was definitely prohibitive in helping practice and improve.

ApolloJoh

Prototype-03 said:
It's not just that either, I can't do supers properly. You have no idea how many times I did a super and got a dash instead.

Or getting a dash when trying to X-Factor. It happens often when I'm Morrigan but it's probably an error on my part, lol.

Grifter

i went back and forth a lot when sf4 came out, and that game's worse due to the links and tight hit-confirms, but adjusting to online just got me killed offline until i readjusted. was a vicious cycle. mvc3 allows me to play off muscle memory more so it's better in that sense.

capcom's just too proud for ggpo.

Ferrio

Banned
Grifter said:

No one else to play offline.

I wish I could say you're just bad, L2P, etc. Sigh. Especially when you dash with a character that can't cancel their dashes into crouching blocks...

i went back and forth a lot when sf4 came out, and that game's worse due to the links and tight hit-confirms, but adjusting to online just got me killed offline until i readjusted. was a vicious cycle. mvc3 allows me to play off muscle memory more so it's better in that sense.

capcom's just too proud for ggpo.
Their PSN and XBL titles use it.

I, too, am part of the "no friends to play with" club...it's not a very fun club.

Grifter

Ferrio said:

Probably better than switching actually, but I will say that I've never had more fun with a fighter. Helps that I'm no longer in NYC arcades just avoiding getting stabbed for beating people (true story). SF4 became a grind in person eventually but this game has so much randomness and BS that sitting around, passing a smoke, talking shit, and coming up with grudge/money matches has been a great experience so far. That may not sustain as people drop out/get discouraged, whereas online will always be there.

Dahbomb said:
Wolverine/Storm/Akuma
Thor/Chris/Hsien Ko

Zero/Felicia/Dr Doom

Karsticles said:
I wish I could say you're just bad, L2P, etc. Sigh. Especially when you dash with a character that can't cancel their dashes into crouching blocks...

I wish I could say that too, but this is the only game where I struggle to do that. Keep in mind that in BB and in SF4, you have to do qcfx2 and I'm fine with those. Hell, I'm fine with regular qcf in those games... but not in MvC3. Then again, it could be my joystick... It was doing some funky things yesterday night so I just switched it out for another one. We'll see how that goes.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Morro! said:
No, seriously, does anyone know what the hell does Marn use for buster charging while simultaneously doing the qcb+L dash?

Marn did that in like the middle of the video and I was like, WAT.

I always keep L pressed while using Zero, am I doing it wrong? D:
You can change buttons that you are charged on.

I am most likely late.

Ferrio

Banned
mr. puppy said:
whats the dhc trick?

Certain cinematic supers will reset the damage/hit stun deterioration if you DHC from it into a super that does no damage. This allow you to continue the combo for big damage.

The example there would be Storms Gaia's Wrath(?) into Wolverine's Berserker charge.

I'm hoping Capcom fixes it.

I wish I could say that too, but this is the only game where I struggle to do that. Keep in mind that in BB and in SF4, you have to do qcfx2 and I'm fine with those. Hell, I'm fine with regular qcf in those games... but not in MvC3. Then again, it could be my joystick... It was doing some funky things yesterday night so I just switched it out for another one. We'll see how that goes.
My stick is only 4 months old, so no excuses here. Let me know how it goes.

Capcom needs to contact GGPO like Skullgirls.

http://shoryuken.com/content/skullgi...-netplay-4129/
Capcom made some big deal claiming that GGPO wouldn't work with 3D games. Probably laziness in R&D costs on their part, since netcode shouldn't be doing more than transferring coordinates. I would rather Marvel 3 be 2D anyway...

whats the dhc trick?
DHCing out of a cinematic hyper resets damage and hitstun scaling. If you DHC into a buff hyper, like Berserker Charge, you get to pick up off of the DHC like it's a fresh combo, leading to easy character kills.

rivals

Prototype-03 said:

I don't know I want to agree and I understand that they are using prediction which is way better than Capcom's current solution in Super and MvC but I'm fairly certain they used it for the Final Fight remake and that was fucking awful. Anecdotal, I know, but trying to play through that with a friend was infuriating. That said, playing 3s etc on GGPO has worked a lot better for me than FF did, so it's possible Capcom botched the integration.

Grecco

My guess is there will be 2 or 3 event unlocks each tuesday till we reach them all. Iwonder if you could unlock them by messing with the time in the Xbox internal clock?

LakeEarth

Does someone have a complete list of hypers you can DHC trick from? I found a list on SRK but it is dated since it doesn't have Magnetic Tempest.

Grecco said:
My guess is there will be 2 or 3 event unlocks each tuesday till we reach them all. Iwonder if you could unlock them by messing with the time in the Xbox internal clock?
I figure they're stealth distributed with the title updates, so messing with the clock won't result in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom