• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay capcom keep adding shit we don't care for!
I actually enjoyed the 1v1 and 2v2 stuff, but that's about it so far for extras. I will wait for Captivate before I utterly condemn Capcom. At this point, I'd even be happy if they said Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is coming out, and it has rollback-based netcode. I'm that much of a sucker.

My guess is there will be 2 or 3 event unlocks each tuesday till we reach them all. Iwonder if you could unlock them by messing with the time in the Xbox internal clock?
It's part of Capcom's plan to ensure people don't sell their copies, which increases box sales and also ensures more DLC success.

Dahbomb

LakeEarth said:
Does someone have a complete list of hypers you can DHC trick from? I found a list on SRK but it is dated since it doesn't have Magnetic Tempest.
Check again under throw Starters. Tempest doesn't activate the DHC glitch, it's Hyper Grav that does. If you hit with Tempest you will not get the DHC glitch. Same for Dante's Grapple.

Dahbomb

Posted a while back. Was sort of disappointed to see Jago's Dante game though (he basically won all his matches on the strength of his Wesker/Trish).

There are like only 3 players of Dante who I would consider even good Dante players. And the best from the bunch admits that he hasn't even scratched Dante's surface yet.

Dante and C.Viper should just go out on a date or something, talk about how they are too high maintenance for the fighting game community.

Dahbomb said:
Posted a while back. Was sort of disappointed to see Jago's Dante game though (he basically won all his matches on the strength of his Wesker/Trish).

There are like only 3 players of Dante who I would consider even good Dante players. And the best from the bunch admits that he hasn't even scratched Dante's surface yet.

Dante and C.Viper should just go out on a date or something, talk about how they are too high maintenance for the fighting game community.

But Dante never meets nice girls.

LakeEarth

Dahbomb said:
Check again under throw Starters. Tempest doesn't activate the DHC glitch, it's Hyper Grav that does. If you hit with Tempest you will not get the DHC glitch. Same for Dante's Grapple.
This is what I wasn't getting. I thought it was the Tempest that activated the DHC, it was just the hyper of choice to start the DHC.

Dahbomb said:
He likes that MILF action. You know I am right.

Bayonetta, Trish, C. Viper... all up Dante's alley.
Bayonetta and Trish have kids?

Well I guess Trish would qualify for Milf Status what with her looking exactly like Dante's mom.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
I figure they're stealth distributed with the title updates, so messing with the clock won't result in anything.
Not so stealth if we notice a title update has gone down and people scramble to see if DP got nerfed.

And that Marn comeback was hilarious. You know which one I'm talking about.

Dahbomb

Speaking of which did anything get "tweaked"?

Marn's magic pixel comeback with Sentinel was indeed hilarious. He had given up like 2 characters before and then won with some easy mode combos.

kirblar

Ferrio said:
That makes no sense.
http://shoryuken.com/content/ask-capcom-answers-about-ggpo-marvel-vs-capcom-3-2907/
Seth Killian said:
GGPO has been fantastic for 2D-style fighting games, and the dev teams here have been very pleased with our results.

That said, it is not as easy to impelement for games that use 3D models and other very processor and/or memory intensive functions. Those processor and memory intensive functions make roll back much more "expensive," and depending on the design architecture, it can be prohibitive in some cases. That doesn't mean those challenges can't be solved, but it does mean it's definitely not as simple as it might sound.

I can't get in to much more detail for two reasons I hope you can accept:

1) Although I understand parts of the process very well, and have some understanding of coding, I am not a programmer or a network engineer. I have been in enough of these technical discussions to see some of the challenges, and see that they are not able to be solved immediately by back-of-the-napkin math.

2) Getting into further technical detail would point to pieces of our internal development that are sensitive industry info.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Zero is bullshit now? Really? He's about 10-15 characters from the top of the most bullshit list of characters. People are just mad because forward H does like 3 hits and the hit counter goes up.

Dahbomb

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Zero is so fuckin bullshit
And those other characters aren't? All 6 characters used in those matches (except for Sentinel) are top characters right now and Sentinel has a top assist with some insane damage output.

Zero has huge priority on his moves but he has the lowest health out of those characters and he isn't even that fast. Hell both Dante and Trish out range him.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
jdub03 said:
I wonder what button config marn uses to keep his charge shot charged. Or does he just not use light punch.

Also God's Beard I read in the guide that Thor's trijump L is really good. Do you use that or do you recommend using his adf air H.

You can flip around the charge button. The way I do it I piano hold them while doing combos, as long as one button is held the charge remains.

Grecco

Dahbomb said:
And those other characters aren't? All 6 characters used in those matches (except for Sentinel) are top characters right now and Sentinel has a top assist with some insane damage output.

Zero has huge priority on his moves but he has the lowest health out of those characters and he isn't even that fast. Hell both Dante and Trish out range him.

Zero is an extremely balanced and solid character.

Plus other characters still out prioritize him. I have issues vs Chun Li.

kirblar

enzo_gt said:
Zero is bullshit now? Really? He's about 10-15 characters from the top of the most bullshit list of characters. People are just mad because forward H does like 3 hits and the hit counter goes up.
I think it's more the Dante effect- when a characters combos are ridiculously lengthy it can lead to frustration as it feels like you spend more time watching the game then actually playing it.

USD

MThanded said:
Hilarious
Marn's last line
ARRUGHAUUGHAUGH SENTINEL perfectly described the match. Total reversal of momentum once he went back to his original team.

And Andre is probably the only player I can think of that's been using the same team pretty much the entire time. It is a pretty good team.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Mike M said:
I just got around to picking this up this week, and I suck SO bad, I almost have buyer's remorse. I haven't even gone online, the fucking CPU can beat the snot out of me on the default difficulty (By comparison I can beat SSF4 on the highest difficulty without much trouble with my main.).

It's just too much happening too fast for me to keep up with : (

Was lost in the few weeks I got the game... took atleast 3 weks to become very proficient at the game.

kirblar

USD said:
Hilarious
Marn's last line
ARRUGHAUUGHAUGH SENTINEL perfectly described the match. Total reversal of momentum once he went back to his original team.

And Andre is probably the only player I can think of that's been using the same team pretty much the entire time. It is a pretty good team.
It really felt like Dante was a huge liability for him, though. Wesker and Trish were doing the vast majority of the damage there.

Dahbomb

Marn has been using Mag/Zero/Sent since day -2 of the game. I still remember his games against Team Arthur/Storm/Sentinel (ASS) when everything was new and Sentinel was GOD TIER and Phoenix was low tier.

LOL good times. I think it's really funny the amount of people who have swapped Sentinel out after the patch.
It really felt like Dante was a huge liability for him, though.
Dante did nothing for him except to set up combos for Wesker using Weasel Shot (good use of that assist, it's totally underrated because of Jam Session). Total dead weight, whenever he came he either dropped combos or got snuffed by Zero. Didn't use DT when he should've, used too many random gun hypers, not enough Bold cancelling/air dashes, no pressure game etc.

At least his Wesker and Trish were on point, now he just has to work on his Dante game and his team would easily be top.

Lothars

This game is really disheartening sometimes because I am on like an 8 game losing stream, I know I just have to keep practicing and getting better but sometimes it's driving me crazy.

It will turn around just takes me time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Marn has been using Mag/Zero/Sent since day -2 of the game. I still remember his games against Team Arthur/Storm/Sentinel (ASS) when everything was new and Sentinel was GOD TIER and Phoenix was low tier.

LOL good times. I think it's really funny the amount of people who have swapped Sentinel out after the patch.

Dante did nothing for him except to set up combos for Wesker using Weasel Shot (good use of that assist, it's totally underrated because of Jam Session). Total dead weight, whenever he came he either dropped combos or got snuffed by Zero. Didn't use DT when he should've, used too many random gun hypers, not enough Bold cancelling/air dashes, no pressure game etc.

At least his Wesker and Trish were on point, now he just has to work on his Dante game and his team would easily be top.
Knee-jerk in it's definition. But Sent is expectedly making his way back onto teams, Gootecks and as a clutch for Marn as we can see.

And lol, I still reminisce about the death of team ASS that we thought was so godlike pre-release haha.

Dahbomb

It's because people are realizing that Sentinel IS still good and still really dangerous. Plus his assist is still too good. Now people just have to play more defensive with him, which was the whole point of playing Sentinel as he is clearly a zoning character (he controls space with projectiles and huge range on his normals). Also gotta be more careful about using the assist.

I knew team ASS was going to get blown up soon enough but I still felt that Storm/Sentinel were top characters. I think people were more concerned that it was going to be more of the same from MVC2 character wise (Storm/Sentinel/Mag) when clearly MVC3 is much more than that.

I feel that Wesker is going to get a nerf soon. Probably just a health nerf dropping him below 1 million, nothing too serious but you are going to see people panic and drop him.

AHHHH THIS DANTE COMBO IS HARD

Ok so I'm trying to get more juice out of Devil trigger, so I'm trying to do a mid-screen flight combo with air raids.

What I'm trying for is:

Devil Trigger, HS, jMH(flight cancel)MMH xx Air Raid, H xx Air Raid, Air Dash Forward, M(double jump)H xx Air Raid, H xx Air Raid

Is this even possible? I'm so bad with flight combos.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
It's because people are realizing that Sentinel IS still good and still really dangerous. Plus his assist is still too good. Now people just have to play more defensive with him, which was the whole point of playing Sentinel as he is clearly a zoning character (he controls space with projectiles and huge range on his normals). Also gotta be more careful about using the assist.

I knew team ASS was going to get blown up soon enough but I still felt that Storm/Sentinel were top characters. I think people were more concerned that it was going to be more of the same from MVC2 character wise (Storm/Sentinel/Mag) when clearly MVC3 is much more than that.

I feel that Wesker is going to get a nerf soon. Probably just a health nerf dropping him below 1 million, nothing too serious but you are going to see people panic and drop him.

Ya and with the DHC glitch Storm/Sent is insane.

Bah I really hope they fix that and tone down X-factor. Xfact is starting to wear really thin on me, I don't even like using it anymore.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dahbomb said:

All that stuff dont matter to a character who once he has a move out, he has danm near close to nothing to worry about, and some of the easiest high damage combos, and with hell of a few options to cover space.

Azure J

You guys are talking about Team ASS getting blown up and a smile came on my face when I remembered that the first time I saw Zero's "homewrecking" LVL. 3 used was for a OCV during that first to ten against two characters (one of which was godlike health Sent if I'm not mistaken).

Good times indeed.

Dahbomb

DHC glitch is also wearing thin on me. I would say the priority of fixes in the game as far as balance/glitches are concerned:

*Zero Glitch

*X Factor - Top priority is LVL3. It needs to be removed and replaced with current LVL2 at the most. LVL2 becomes LVL1 and LVL1 becomes lesser. 10 seconds on all factors.

All factors need to be the same time length because when their character is at LVL3 XFC and your's is at LVL1, you can't use yours to negate their meaning you will be eating 10 more seconds of XFC block damage.

Speed bonuses should be greatly reduced on all fronts, it is the #1 cause of XF bull shit.

*DHC Glitch - Yeah it's getting pretty ridiculous now. If your team is set up, then you can easily kill a character with the opening combo (because you start off with one and you build one during the combo). I wouldn't have a problem with this if it wasn't so easy to do.

*Other infinites and glitches.

*Any character who still has an infinite after the X Factor nerf should be dealt on a case by case basis.

No need for character balances yet, too early for that shit. Nerfing X factor would automatically nerf a lot of characters (Phoenix especially).

All that stuff dont matter to a character who once he has a move out, he has danm near close to nothing to worry about, and some of the easiest high damage combos, and with hell of a few options to cover space.
His dashes aren't invulnerable and if you read him right you can catch him during one of his moves with a hyper or even an assist with the priority (Tron/Haggar etc). He is still taking massive risks with his shenanigans because generally any BnB combo will kill him outright. His combos aren't THAT damaging if he doesn't have assists to continue his OTG combos or if he isn't powered up.

He is scary when he is backed up by proper assists and has his Clone power up activated. Or when he gets two of your characters in a combo and is sitting on 4 meters plus XF. But then again... a lot of characters are.

Zero is good but other characters are also good.

I really hate this thread when you guys start talking about balancing. If balance mattered, Virtua Fighter would be the most hype game of all time instead of Marvel 2.

Dahbomb

Read my post again, no where did I mention that characters should be nerfed. Only X Factor and some other weird ass glitches and infinites.

No one can even start to talk about balance in this game. It's too early, people are still figuring stuff out. There isn't even a tier list yet.

And this game is hype, even at such a primordial level. It is the rightful heir to the hypest game of all time.

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
I really hate this thread when you guys start talking about balancing. If balance mattered, Virtua Fighter would be the most hype game of all time instead of Marvel 2.
virtua fighter is too difficult for balance whiners...

..and most everyone else.

I play Virtua Fighter and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, two of the hardest games to play. I play Twelve and Remy in 3rd Strike. I'm not interested in any game that nerfs anything to make people happy. I want it to get worse, I want crazy shit to happen all the time. And I want people to beat it with crazier shit. If you start nerfing, you get boring games like SSF4. Let people play their little hitbox measuring contests in other games.

Dahbomb said:
Read my post again, no where did I mention that characters should be nerfed. Only X Factor and some other weird ass glitches and infinites.

No one can even start to talk about balance in this game. It's too early, people are still figuring stuff out. There isn't even a tier list yet.

I edited my post to remove character. I don't want x-factor or the time limit changed either. I don't want any glitches removed. I want people to get accustomed to abusing the system and learning how to beat abuse. Don't like the DHC glitch? Snap in their second character. Don't like dealing with Dark Phoenix? Run the fuck away. This isn't like there's some unbeatable MUGEN Tom Hanks lurking in the shadows.

Dahbomb

I wouldn't really care much if they left the game as it is but Capcom has shown that they are not keen on infinites/loops in the game and they are going to change it. And that requires tweaking of X Factor.

Capcom is going to be patching this game. And if they are listening to the community as a whole, X Factor is going to get nerfed. Might as well be mentally prepared for it.

By the time the next iteration comes around, the game will have been so nerfed that there's no more super jumps because people are whining they can't hit the other person. And then we'll all be playing Falco mirrors on Final Destination with no items.

kirblar

God's Beard said:
By the time the next iteration comes around, the game will have been so nerfed that there's no more super jumps.
The biggest reason that exploits weren't patched in earlier games is because doing so would have created variance from one arcade to the next depending on if the game had been updated. With the advent of the internet, that "format discrepancy" problem is no longer an issue. Abuse of mechanics was a bug, not a feature, and I'm glad they're attempting to play whack-a-mole with the various issues that are cropping up with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom