• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
noneofexion said:
Anyone have the link to an actual video/ Youtube version of the animated GIF floating around of Hulk defeating the entire team at once?

It's not interesting cause it's not a match, they set it up.

Also the shehulk forums blowing up on SRK.

El Sloth

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
I saw your post but I don't think any of the assists on my team are any good (except lei-lei with dat gold) for that. Dormammu's leaves him so vulnerable I am terrified to risk losing Herr Dormington
See, I think Hsien-Ko's is still good even without the gold armor, you just have to be more careful with it. I think calling her out when you have someone in the corner with X-23 would be your best bet.

But, yeah. The startup and recovery on Dorm's assists are ass. Except maybe no-stocked Liberation. I want to mess around with that assist more. Sometimes I've got my spells all stocked up but can't find an opportunity to use them either because it's a bad matchup for Dorm or because it would be wiser to let Dorm regain a little bit of red health.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can we seriously SHUT THE FUCK UP about sent it's getting old. He's not even as good as people make him out to be. If he is SOOOOO good always use him there is no point not to, but guess what as I said before I can list 10 characters that are more fucked up than xfactor sent, and I can list 10 more outside of xfactor who are better than him as well.

BUT BUT HE KILLED ME IN LIKE 4 HITS, cool I'm using a character that's so fucking fast with so much priority on hits that killed you in 12 hits, sure I had to press more buttons OH NO but guess who had an easier time landing the hit. :p

*runs off to go bitch about c.viper*

aka triangle jump overheads into 100% life combos meterless

Karsticles said:
I am expecting Shuma/Jill gameplay trailers...which we already have thanks to people who have wonked the disk.

MvC2 did not. Why do you think it might be more of a liability?

Just trying to stay positive...It seems we are going to have to wait a while for anything on the next two though..

Wish there was more in the realm of rumors these days..

El Sloth said:
See, I think Hsien-Ko's is still good even without the gold armor, you just have to be more careful with it. I think calling her out when you have someone in the corner with X-23 would be your best bet.

But, yeah. The startup and recovery on Dorm's assists are ass. Except maybe no-stocked Liberation. I want to mess around with that assist more. Sometimes I've got my spells all stocked up but can't find an opportunity to use them either because it's a bad matchup for Dorm or because it would be wiser to let Dorm regain a little bit of red health.

I see

I will start trying to incorporate assists into mah gameplan more :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
Marvel vs. Guessing
wut didn't you knowl? High level sf3 is just mashing out parries! Why do you think they move so funny :B
God's Beard said:
meterless?
Yup, even if it took meter it wouldnt be a big deal as she builds almost 3 1/2 meter by the time the combo ends

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
MvC2 did not. Why do you think it might be more of a liability?

Okay. Wasn't sure. I never checked for it in MvC2 when I played regularly.

As for the liability thing, it's just a theory. I sort of figured that in a game where everything can cancel into everything else, and you're pressing so many buttons so quickly, it might be easy to cancel into a special move when you actually meant to airdash or something if there's negative edge.

mr. puppy

Banned
Toxicplatypus said:
Heard a rumor that mvc3 will get (balance) patched after evo hmmm.

you're probably making this up, unless you show a source. marvel isn't exactly a game that gets balanced.

QisTopTier said:
Can we seriously SHUT THE FUCK UP about sent it's getting old. He's not even as good as people make him out to be. If he is SOOOOO good always use him there is no point not to, but guess what as I said before I can list 10 characters that are more fucked up than xfactor sent, and I can list 10 more outside of xfactor who are better than him as well.

BUT BUT HE KILLED ME IN LIKE 4 HITS, cool I'm using a character that's so fucking fast with so much priority on hits that killed you in 12 hits, sure I had to press more buttons OH NO but guess who had an easier time landing the hit. :p

*runs off to go bitch about c.viper*

aka triangle jump overheads into 100% life combos meterless

I don't think Sentinel is even top 5. Honestly. He's barely top 10.

The reason why people complain about him so much is that he is easy to use and since he is so well figured out at the moment, he seems much stronger than he is.

Once this game has been out for a year or two, I don't forsee people continuing to use him anywhere near as much.

On the other hand, I think the two most underused and underrated characters in the game right now are C. Viper and Amaterasu.

Yeah, yeah, I know there are lots of Amaterasus in tournament, but it seems like no one is playing her to her potential. I believe she'll be top 5 one day.

Ferrio said:
Question. Did Capcom ever do *any* balance patches for SF4?

In SFIV, they patched out Fei Long's infinite (but left in Fuerte's and Chun's).

In SSFIV, they patched out the unblockable ultra glitch.

No true balance patches though.

Ferrio

Banned
_dementia said:
Yes.

In SFIV, They removed Fei Long's infinite (but left in Fuerte's and Chun's).

In SSFIV, they patched out the unblockable ultra glitch.

I wouldn't really qualify that as a balance patch...

sf4 was never patched bar new iterations of the same game onto infinity. I am not making this up, and it is simply a rumor to be taken with multiple grains of salt.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Super SFIV was the "balance patch" for vanilla in itself, due to SFIV not having sufficient hooks to overhaul the game with DLC. So was Capcom's claim. Thus all the presumption that the Arcade Edition balance update will be a patch for Super SFIV.

MvC3 seems fully built for DLC, so, it shouldn't be impossible to make full balance patches or system version updates.

Really, I wish they'd adopt the BlazBlue system of allowing the user to select the system version they want as balance updates are rolled out. This would make everyone happy; if you are convinced a previous version is balanced correctly, or wasn't experimented enough, you can set the game to that version.

LowParry

Toxicplatypus said:
sf4 was never patched bar new iterations of the same game onto infinity. I am not making this up, and it is simply a rumor to be taken with multiple grains of salt.

My my, you are full of rumors today ;)

LeMaximilian said:
There is no 'top tiers' in MVC3. Only characters that are easier to use than others. Everyone is top tier right now.

I would not agree with that at all.

There are at least five characters on the roster that show much less potential than the rest. You can't honestly tell me you'd put Hulk or Thor on the same level as Dante, even though the game hasn't been out that long.

Ferrio

Banned
Also tiering in this game is an odd beast do to the synergy between assists.

Say X character is top tier only with Y assist. Does that make Y assist top tier? Or is X not even considered top tier since they rely on Y?

Ferrio said:

Say X character is top tier only with Y assist. Does that make Y assist top tier?

Everyone is top tier under the right circumstances it seems...Kinda neat.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Mister Wilhelm said:

There are at least five characters on the roster that show much less potential than the rest. You can't honestly tell me you'd put Hulk or Thor on the same level as Dante, even though the game hasn't been out that long.

Remember when Wolverine and She-Hulk were bottom of the barrel? All it takes is someone who's actually using the character the way they should be used. Everyone's got ridiculous busted shit in the right hands.

For example, I'm dropping Iron Man from my team because some of this intermediate combos are too hard to pull off online. IM can build 2 1/2 bars from one aerial relaunch and the timing is some of the most strict I've encountered. Everyone bags on Iron Man, but when I land this combo, it's 950,000 damage w/no assist and using the level 3 built from doing it.

Everyone is busted.

Riposte

Mister Wilhelm said:

I can, at least for Hulk. Mind explaining this in detail? (Though same level is just as hard to say. I'll say viable, just like Dante.)

Ferrio

Banned
_dementia said:
Hsien-Ko is probably going to be low.

Ya, she'll be down there quite aways. Her assist while really nice (there's better assists too), doesn't come close to justifying having her. Unless someone discovers something great with her item throw, she ain't getting very far.

Hulk is definitely within the top 5 characters that scare the crap out of me in this game when I see them on the opposing side. I haven't fought many Thors, but that's not grounds to criticize him. He's on Seth Killian's main team (Sentinel/Skrull/Thor) at the time of release, so he can't be total garbage unless Seth loves playing garbage.

Say X character is top tier only with Y assist. Does that make Y assist top tier? Or is X not even considered top tier since they rely on Y?
Yeah, it's silly to make character tiers; team tiers are much more adequate in this game. Strider in MvC2 is a great example. If you consider him on his own versus being supported by Dr. Doom, his worth changes drastically.

Renewman

Banned
After raging in the game from Sentinel, I complained to RyRy and he told me straight up he had no sympathy for me.

"Sentinel can be beat very easily."

Instead of crying about it, I went into the Lab and found out with using Morrigan's air.S with assists breaks through the super armor and puts alot of pressure om him. Now I have to find out how to get around the Magneto/Doom combo.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Finally found another team I like, outside of Wesker / Doom / Magnus. I think I'm going to try and learn Akuma / Doom / Tron.

For all of the ridiculous timing and work I have to do with Maggy, I can get damage just as fast with Akuma, and the timing is simple enough. Doom uses Hidden Lols or Molecular shield, and Tron has awesome flame. I need mad lab time with Tron though.

Trish is fucking awesome...

It took me a less than a day to figure out I liked playing Bison in SF4. Two weeks in and I'm still not locked on a specific team. lol

LeMaximilian said:
Remember when Wolverine and She-Hulk were bottom of the barrel? All it takes is someone who's actually using the character the way they should be used. Everyone's got ridiculous busted shit in the right hands.

For example, I'm dropping Iron Man from my team because some of this intermediate combos are too hard to pull off online. IM can build 2 1/2 bars from one aerial relaunch and the timing is some of the most strict I've encountered. Everyone bags on Iron Man, but when I land this combo, it's 950,000 damage w/no assist and using the level 3 built from doing it.

Everyone is busted.

I personally never thought Wolverine was bottom tier. I think She-Hulk is currently one of the weaker characters in the game but she has potential. I definitely agree all of the characters have at least one thing going for them that can run over other characters.

Iron Man I think is actually one of the best but I agree his combos are hard to pull off.

I'm not trying to stir up any controversy as tier discussion inevitably does, but it's interesting to see where everyone is at in terms of developing the potential of the roster.

Mjunter

Wanted to try out Tron/Arthur/Morrigan for the first time and the match ended up in the player ragequitting. I may have finally decided on my main team finally.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Sentinel is pretty hard to use versus even intermediate players imo. Lots of awkward movement and hes a big target.

Didn't the PSN/XBLA release of MvC2 get patched shortly after release because of some crazy shit with Cable's AHVB? (Don't remember the exact details.)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Karsticles said:
I don't think he's going to be a fair character, I just think it's too early to tell. Remember Iceman in MvC2. For a while, people thought he was top tier; Icebeam spam combined with Avalanche was just so good. Then people figured out all the crazy things other characters could do, and now, you would never see Iceman is even used. Maybe Sentinel is an Iceman, maybe not. I actively discourage people from assuming what we know now is what we will know six months from now, though.

You mean Cap's X factor infinite?

zon

I could do all 10 taskmaster missions now, yesterday I got stuck on mission 6. Finished some other missions I had been unable to complete before as well. I'm feeling real good right now. :)

By the way, does anyone know if Tokido will play MvC3 too at Final Round?

Tried to play some ranked matches. It's a no go unless I put region criteria on "Any". Of course I won't do that because of the lag issues so "Same" it is. I had fight req on and finished Arcade mode about 3 or 4 times without a single match. Great!

A week earlier I could get some matches, but it is funny how the game defines the region criteria. I'm from Finland so I would expect that I would get players near Finland. So far I've gotten mostly Nordic players, which is awesome. I imagined that I would get matches also from Germany and France, but nope. Instead I got one from Greece, which is in Europe but pretty much on the opposite side of Europe.

Any one have any info how this shit works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom