• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put a few more hours into training mode with Ammy's thunder sword and Morrigan's S attack in the air and I've come out better for it.

I've managed to stuff quite a few assist spams today and Morrigan can now hold her own against Sentinel, Dante and Doctor Doom.

Oh, and my Bradygames guide arrived today and it looks beautiful.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
Plenty of top players refer to zoning as lame. I have no problems with people playing this way and neither should anyone else, because it's a legit strategy in plenty of match ups such as Arthur against Wolverine.

No the best thing to do in that match up is tag the fuck out cause wolv DESTROYS Arthur

Besides are you suggesting arthur should melee or something otherwise?

SolarPowered said:
Oh, and my Bradygames guide arrived today and it looks beautiful.

Oh shit forgot all about this.... time to buy :D

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
No the best thing to do in that match up is tag the fuck out cause wolv DESTROYS Arthur

Besides are you suggesting arthur should melee or something otherwise?

I have no idea where you are drawing these conclusions.

Lame/zoning/projectile game characters = keep away. Nothing wrong with it. 100% viable. People have and will keep using these strats, and often a character is built with this in mind.

My example of it being 100% alright, and something characters should do in certain match ups is Arthur vs a rush down character. You should be spamming projectiles at them to keep them the fuck off you since your health is poor, and his ability to apply pressure through his normals is very poor.

Yeah tag out Arthur if that's an option, but if your last character left is Arthur and their last one is Wolvy there's no way in hell I would suggest to anyone to go up into Wolvy's face as Arthur. That's just asking to throw away the fight.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah calling something "lame" isn't criticism. The term probably originated from that, but nowadays it's just another word for playing keepaway.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
Yeah tag out Arthur if that's an option, but if your last character left is Arthur and their last one is Wolvy there's no way in hell I would suggest to anyone to go up into Wolvy's face as Arthur. That's just asking to throw away the fight.

He doesn't have to go up into wolvs face xD wolv can go through projectiles and such if berserker slash is blocked, speed up on reaction to stay safe then go to town.

Idk my view of lame is different, lame to me is say someone not knowing how to use a character outside of their assist and never trying to learn. Or relying on a single gimmick and not having a full grasp of what the character can do. Playing good keep away is hard compared to rushdown. The basics might seem easy at low levels but at high levels it turns into a real bitch to pull off.

Hmm for instance player using magneto only using disrupter, he has some nice melee range options, but if the player doesnt know how to use said options and runs right back away to using disruptor only yeah that's lame. Then the other player uses disruptor at a distance but once distance gets close they go to town with mix ups and stuff that's using a character fully.

Nelo Ice

Banned
still a scrub but damn im starting to get a hang of doing combos...at least in mission mode

finally got down spider mans mission 4 :D

of course the furthest ive gotten through so for any char so far is i think 7 with sent and iv finished through 6 for a few others like wolverine and super skrull

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
He doesn't have to go up into wolvs face xD wolv can go through projectiles and such if berserker slash is blocked, speed up on reaction to stay safe then go to town.

Is that even the point I'm trying to make? My point was basically what Lost Fragment just said above me. I tried to provide an example, but instead you tried to break the fight down to specifics to make some other new point about something completely different.

Arthur vs Haggar I suppose is a better example or maybe Arthur vs Hulk. Playing lame is just what works best for the character in the match up, and it'd be foolish to not play that way to win in that match up. Lame, like I said, is not a negative connotation, but just another term to zoning/keep away which has become a very common way lots of players refer to that style of play.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
Is that even the point I'm trying to make? My point was basically what Lost Fragment just said above me. I tried to provide an example, but instead you tried to break the fight down to specifics to make some other new point about something completely different.

Arthur vs Haggar I suppose is a better example or maybe Arthur vs Hulk. Playing lame is just what works best for the character in the match up, and it'd be foolish to not play that way to win in that match up. Lame, like I said, is not a negative connotation, but just another term to zoning/keep away which has become a very common way lots of players refer to that style of play.

It's mostly cause when I hear it used it's in the term of MAN YOU PLAY LAME I'D BEAT YOU IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY LIKE THAT. Which is most common.

aka "I think you suck and you should learn how to play the game for reals." which is lulz worthy

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
QisTopTier said:

Idk my view of lame is different, lame to me is say someone not knowing how to use a character outside of their assist and never trying to learn. Or relying on a single gimmick and not having a full grasp of what the character can do. Playing good keep away is hard compared to rushdown. The basics might seem easy at low levels but at high levels it turns into a real bitch to pull off.

Hmm for instance player using magneto only using disrupter, he has some nice melee range options, but if the player doesnt know how to use said options and runs right back away to using disruptor only yeah that's lame. Then the other player uses disruptor at a distance but once distance gets close they go to town with mix ups and stuff that's using a character fully.

Well then you apparently dont know the actual context of the word lame as its being used here. The way it is almost always used when referring to fighting games.

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
It's mostly cause when I hear it used it's in the term of MAN YOU PLAY LAME I'D BEAT YOU IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY LIKE THAT. Which is most common.

Lol it's true since a lot of Gaf uses it in the way you are describing. :p

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Nose Master said:
If you're already jumping in, is there any way to counter She-Hulk's anti-air grab super?

Airdash, or some kind of air move that moves you out of there (like X-23's divekick thing or Phoenix's f+c), or a move that has invincibility.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
HK-47 said:
Well then you apparently dont know the actual context of the word lame as its being used here. The way it is almost always used when referring to fighting games.

Oh I know what it means, I'm just saying it's stupid to use it like that :p

El Sloth said:
Wall of Shame for the original thread:
re4n3.png
It seems that I made the Wall of Shame (Late response, I know).

I almost did not realize that there was an OT2. College has stopped me from playing at home (I do play from time to time at school actually). If you want some scrub meat, my PSN: atrickcard

Just tell me who you are before you add me. I'm rolling with Viewtiful Joe/Taskmaster/Wesker. Joe on point who gets the zoning assist from Taskmaster and the low OTG assist from Wesker that could make a combo longer or combo into any super (preferrably Viewtiful God Hand).

DHC aren't that great with this team, but it's okay. I may swap Wesker with X-23 and her low assist to test that out. It feels so great connecting an aerial combo to an eventual OTG assist into Slow.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Lost Fragment said:
Airdash, or some kind of air move that moves you out of there (like X-23's divekick thing or Phoenix's f+c), or a move that has invincibility.

None of these really work after the hyper has started up.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
just went from 12- 3 to 12-11. no bueno

NinajHeartless said:
Just played a nice set with MTHanded....I think

if it was you I must say that was awesome!

I left because I kinda wanted to do some lab training with a new team for a little while but the matches we did have were mad fun! :D
Yeah that was me . you were really destroying me. Good games.

Alucrid

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
Good games Alucrid

I still need to find my groove with Lei-Lei, that or replace her ( D: )

Yeah man, you too. Your execution with Dorm and X-23 was great. As for Hsein-Ko, maybe start her on point, activate her armor, then switch out? It was bitch to get in on your when you had that active on her. But yeah, I got on, was going to practice with Doom and Ammy, then Dankir invited me, then I had to get a package, hopped back on to practice with em then you invited me. :lol I'm forcing myself to learn some combos with Ammy and Doom this weekend so I stop getting my ass stomped.

Ferrio

Banned
Alucrid said:
Yeah man, you too. Your execution with Dorm and X-23 was great. As for Hsein-Ko, maybe start her on point, activate her armor, then switch out? .

That's extremely risky. The move itself is dangerous to activate outside a combo, also people see a raw tag coming a mile away after it's been done.

Alucrid

Banned
Ferrio said:
That's extremely risky. The move itself is dangerous to activate outside a combo, also people see a raw tag coming a mile away after it's been done.

Gotcha. No clue with her then since I've only used her for the last five seconds of the Galactus fight. :lol

Alucrid said:
Yeah man, you too. Your execution with Dorm and X-23 was great. As for Hsein-Ko, maybe start her on point, activate her armor, then switch out? It was bitch to get in on your when you had that active on her. But yeah, I got on, was going to practice with Doom and Ammy, then Dankir invited me, then I had to get a package, hopped back on to practice with em then you invited me. :lol I'm forcing myself to learn some combos with Ammy and Doom this weekend so I stop getting my ass stomped.

Funny thing about my execution, I kept messing up the DP motions on my Purification Towers :lol My teleports and shit might have seemed fancy but I was raging at myself for dropping a bunch of combos :lol You'll be a beast with some practice Alucrid, my weakness are combos, I have little patience for memorization so I end up knowing a couple and trying to survive that way :lol

Regarding Lei-Lei: I usually try to activate the armor after she knocks someone to the ground with aerial S, or I try to DHC that shit. If I could I would use it ever time she was out and I had meter but tis so fucking unsafe :'(

Regarding MThanded: Come now, I wasn't beating you that badly. That was some competitive shit right there :) You did fine!

Not everyone has what it takes to stop Master Dormington ;P

Ferrio said:

Nobody I've gone against has been able to stop me from doing this. I think maybe 1 person has snapped her back in, at which point, i pushed them back and raw tagged out again. I'm sure pros wouldn't allow it, but at large, the community seems to fall for it pretty easily.

--

My new favorite thing is trolling online with Random/Random/Phoenix. I was doing it earlier with CapAm/Tron/Phoenix. I was having a blast too.

NinajHeartless said:
Kinda want to try this :lol

It's wicked fun.

I actually like CapAm but not enough to use him regularly, and was experimenting with people I've chosen less than 30 times (such as Tasky/Tron/Phoenix)... I got Tron in and I like using her to troll because she's kind of fun to play and the whoahaohaoha is just bonus. ^_^

I took down some 5th lord with it and he immediately exited, no rematch.
I took another dude down and he wanted a rematch, which ended worse because I was starting to get in a groove with Tron.

I don't use meter with the first two characters giving me 4+ bars by the time Phoenix is forced in. Save my xfactor and immediately bust it out once I transform.

End result? They can't control it either. :D

I think my end goal is to destroy enough people with it that they decide to try to swap 50sent for Phoenix so I can snap her in and destroy.

Currently I think I'd rather try deal with an army of Phoenix than an army of Sentinels.

corrosivefrost said:
It's wicked fun.

I think my end goal is to destroy enough people with it that they decide to try to swap 50sent for Phoenix so I can snap her in and destroy.

Currently I think I'd rather try deal with an army of Phoenix than an army of Sentinels.

So I just started doing this and have won like 5 matches in a row, so fucking awesome :D

NinajHeartless said:
So I just started doing this and have won like 5 matches in a row, so fucking awesome :D

People looking for that 5 wins trophy might get lucky enough to get it, even against 5th lords.
I screwed around prior to and lost 2 matches trying out zero with my Dante/Dormammu... after that I said "well, fuck, I'm just doing player matches, I should fuck around and use characters I haven't used 30 times so I can unlock the titles..."

Next thing you know... glad you're liking it. :D

--

I think I need to set up a trollin' slot once I get all those titles worked out.
Sentinel/Phoenix/xxx?

Hey QisTopTier are you on PSN? I want to see what a good Taskmaster looks like.
btw, what's up with the PSN chat? It's always empty :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
corrosivefrost said:
People looking for that 5 wins trophy might get lucky enough to get it, even against 5th lords.
I screwed around prior to and lost 2 matches trying out zero with my Dante/Dormammu... after that I said "well, fuck, I'm just doing player matches, I should fuck around and use characters I haven't used 30 times so I can unlock the titles..."

Next thing you know... glad you're liking it. :D

Arthur/Sentinel/Doom is also good for 5 wins in a row. I've just been fucking about in ranked with it and it's hilariously effective.

dankir

Alucrid said:

You play a good keep away game with Doom Missles and TaskMaster arrows though :)

Good games earlier.

Morris

Disco Devil
Sickboy007 said:
Hey QisTopTier are you on PSN? I want to see what a good Taskmaster looks like.
btw, what's up with the PSN chat? It's always empty :(

The chat will always be empty until Spec Mode gets patched in (if it ever does...). There's nothing to talk about :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom