• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu1999

Mister Wilhelm said:
On the other hand, I think the two most underused and underrated characters in the game right now are C. Viper and Amaterasu.

At least from watching the WNF and sp00ky streams, Amaterasu is in no way underused or underrated. C. Viper on the other hand, she's definitely low on the usage poll along with Thor.

Ryu1999 said:
At least from watching the WNF and sp00ky streams, Amaterasu is in no way underused or underrated. C. Viper on the other hand, she's definitely low on the usage poll along with Thor.

She's not underrated or underused, but she's definitely not developed that much. With all the weapon change combos and the slow super, I'm sure someone will find some kind of loop.

Azure J

Ogrekiller said:

Holy fuck. This video showed me that in a bit of time when people get out of the "everything should lead to jackpot hyper" state of mind that Dante will be the new Dark Phoenix. The DT stuff alone was WTF. Imagine that + Lvl. 3 X factor running around the place.

On a side note though, I'm glad to see someone using Acid Rain like that. Really smart stuff.

Prototype-03 said:
She's not underrated or underused, but she's definitely not developed that much. With all the weapon change combos and the slow super, I'm sure someone will find some kind of loop.

That's what I meant in terms of Amaterasu.

I still can't really figure out my team either. I've been using spencer/hulk/iron man. Should I try running Hulk as my anchor, and maybe switch IM for someone like doom or sentinel? I'm getting a little frustrated with IM's combos, but I need a pretty good beam assist to even try to get in with spencer.

also, is it me, or does going from playing a lame charge character (honda) in ssf4 kind of ruin your mentality to play offensively in marvel? i've gotten messages for playing too lame.

kevo_huevo said:
I still can't really figure out my team either. I've been using spencer/hulk/iron man. Should I try running Hulk as my anchor, and maybe switch IM for someone like doom or sentinel? I'm getting a little frustrated with IM's combos, but I need a pretty good beam assist to even try to get in with spencer.

also, is it me, or does going from playing a lame charge character (honda) in ssf4 kind of ruin your mentality to play offensively in marvel? i've gotten messages for playing too lame.

What does lame mean anyway? If that means that you play a good keepaway and they can't catch you, that's their fault. I'm sure you have lost games doing the same tactics, so there's always a way to get in. These people will refuse to believe that they're doing something wrong and will try to blame anything except themselves.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
What does lame mean anyway? If that means that you play a good keepaway and they can't catch you, that's their fault. I'm sure you have lost games doing the same tactics, so there's always a way to get in. These people will refuse to believe that they're doing something wrong and will try to blame anything except themselves.

Hurry the fuck up and get home so we can play more. Also way to admit you suck. :D

Stop saying the stuff I would say in a nicer tone D:

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
I did tell you I suck D:

Ammy's weapon change = crouch couple of times then get hit by your swing

Oh I thought you were just digging for bones like a dumbass

My felicia and doom are trash

Korosenai

I hope Venom gets put in as a new dlc character now. Before I was scared he would look like this
venom_2011.jpg

But according to IGN, this is what he will look like in his new upcoming comic
venom-vol-2-20110303002539374-000.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I WAS DIGGING FOR BIGGER SWORDS. INSTEAD I ATE BONE FEET.

SPIDEY SWING. ugh.

GGs last night btw. Need to hit training and make sure I don't fuck up that tron combo anymore. Landing then wiffing the H almost every single time got me fucked up so much.

Alucrid

Banned
NubInaTub said:
I hope Venom gets put in as a new dlc character now. Before I was scared he would look like this
venom_2011.jpg

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/115/1153407/venom-vol-2-20110303002539374-000.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

What the fuck?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK YEAH, Ross and Gootecks head over to MvC3 :D

zlatko

Banned
NubInaTub said:
venom_2011.jpg

venom-vol-2-20110303002539374-000.jpg

Um...no. The first picture link IS what he is going to look like. IGN today put up the first 5 pages of the first issue on their site where he does look like a commando soldier. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gootecks SOOOOOOO saltyyyyyyy

Just played a nice set with MTHanded....I think

if it was you I must say that was awesome!

I left because I kinda wanted to do some lab training with a new team for a little while but the matches we did have were mad fun! :D

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Gootecks SOOOOOOO saltyyyyyyy

I wouldn't say salty more so just confused by how Marvel plays compared to Street Fighter. He was playing with the block/play footsies mind set/looking for things to punish. At its current state Marvel is who touches who first and can capitalize off of it the most.

A good defense seems to take a bit of a back seat compared to a good offense.

the chris

zlatko said:
Um...no. The first picture link IS what he is going to look like. IGN today put up the first 5 pages of the first issue on their site where he does look like a commando soldier. Sorry to burst your bubble.
The commando look is when the person wearing the costume is in control, the pic shown there is when he goes berserk.

zlatko

Banned
the chris said:
The commando look is when the person wearing the costume is in control, the pic shown there is when he goes berserk.

Well the comic is set up that he wears the suit in controlled bursts so it doesn't become attached to the host is what I read. It'll be interesting to see how often you'll be seeing berserk mode compared to commando mode.

It would make for a very interesting MvC3 character though. You play as regular commando venom, then for his level 3...or even level 5, you can make him go Berserk. He could have the Dark Phoenix approach. That would be hella sick. :p

zlatko

Banned
zerokoolpsx said:
Gootecks gotta play more offensively.

He just needs to find a more lame team. His SF characters were Balrog and Rose. He'd probably benefit more from throwing in Deadpool into his character selection or Magneto.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
He just needs to find a more lame team. His SF characters were Balrog and Rose. He'd probably benefit more from throwing in Deadpool into his character selection or Magneto.

I believe the term you are looking for is defensive/zoning. Not lame. WAH WAH I CAN'T BEAT PEOPLE WHO ZONE ME CAUSE I CHARGE HEADLONG INTO ATTACKS. :D

Yoshichan

How is Magneto lame...

n3ss

aka acr0nym
QisTopTier said:
WAH WAH I CAN'T BEAT PEOPLE WHO ZONE ME CAUSE I CHARGE HEADLONG INTO ATTACKS. :D

This.

I love annoying people with my runaway Wesker (yes, I play a mix of runaway and rush with him), and then hit them up combo video status --look at all that damage!

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
I believe the term you are looking for is defensive/zoning. Not lame. WAH WAH I CAN'T BEAT PEOPLE WHO ZONE ME CAUSE I CHARGE HEADLONG INTO ATTACKS. :D

Considering Mike Ross in that episode even referred to one of his opponents' teams who used zoning and called it lame... I think it's fine to call it that.

Two of my team members are lame zoning characters. It's just a playstyle, and a common one people have to learn to get around to come out a winner.

Or yeah you could put words into my mouth to make me seem like I'm a crybaby...which I'm not.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
Considering Mike Ross in that episode even referred to one of his opponents' teams who used zoning and called it lame... I think it's fine to call it that.

Two of my team members are lame zoning characters. It's just a playstyle, and a common one people have to learn to get around to come out a winner.

Or yeah you could put words into my mouth to make me seem like I'm a crybaby...which I'm not.

I don't have to put words in your mouth, the fact you are calling it lame screams more things than I can type up :D

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
I don't have to put words in your mouth, the fact you are calling it lame screams more things than I can type up :D

Wow. Grow up.

Edit: Guess both Mike Ross and I are crybabies.

MrMephistoX

zlatko said:
Well the comic is set up that he wears the suit in controlled bursts so it doesn't become attached to the host is what I read. It'll be interesting to see how often you'll be seeing berserk mode compared to commando mode.

It would make for a very interesting MvC3 character though. You play as regular commando venom, then for his level 3...or even level 5, you can make him go Berserk. He could have the Dark Phoenix approach. That would be hella sick. :p

If this were the case I would possibly consider revising my vote on the DLC poll to include Venom. Any Spidey villain along with Doc Oc will do screw another X-man unless his last name is Summers.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
MrMephistoX said:
If this were the case I would possibly consider revising my vote on the DLC poll to include Venom. Any Spidey villain along with Doc Oc will do.
The best part about new venom is who it is.

Kuugrr

zlatko said:

He's actually already a little attached to it since that particular failsafe is... not exactly fool-proof. Definitely going to be a continuing plot element. If you're interested in getting a start on this series, the end of Amazing Spider-Man 653 and the recent Point One issue of ASM are basically Venom #0.

QisTopTier said:
The best part about new venom is who it is.

I love it already. So cool.

zlatko said:

I don't know why you're calling it lame. It's like watching Dhalsim vs. Sagat. You sure as hell not going to watch Dhalsim run into Sagat's face. If you do, you're going to call Dhalsim stupid. So if he plays keep away, you're going to call him smart but the match is going to be boring.

If you're going to play zoning, you're going to have to learn where your opponent is going to be and how to keep them out. You're also going to have to learn how to run away from them safely once they get in. It may be "lame" on the surface, but it's a legit tactic that requires planning.

Trust me, if I lose to a guy who's planting Trish's assist's Peek-a-Boo with good traps from Chris, I have no one but to blame myself. It's frustrating, yeah, but once I get in, it's pretty much free for me until they can free themselves.

You see keepaway games in late game of MvC3 regardless of characters anyway. If there's 5-10 secs left and they have a good lead, they'll activate X-Factor and run away.

Imm0rt4l

Prototype-03 said:
I don't know why you're calling it lame. It's like watching Dhalsim vs. Sagat. You sure as hell not going to watch Dhalsim run into Sagat's face. If you do, you're going to call Dhalsim stupid. So if he plays keep away, you're going to call him smart but the match is going to be boring.

If you're going to play zoning, you're going to have to learn where your opponent is going to be and how to keep them out. You're also going to have to learn how to run away from them safely once they get in. It may be "lame" on the surface, but it's a legit tactic that requires planning.

Trust me, if I lose to a guy who's planting Trish's assist's Peek-a-Boo with good traps from Chris, I have no one but to blame myself. It's frustrating, yeah, but once I get in, it's pretty much free for me until they can free themselves.

You see keepaway games in late game of MvC3 regardless of characters anyway. If there's 5-10 secs left and they have a good lead, they'll activate X-Factor and run away.

To Zlatkos credit, that is the definition of a lame character/playstyle. It sounds bad, but that's how the character is supposed to be played.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Imm0rt4l said:
To Zlatkos credit, that is the definition of a lame character/playstyle. It sounds bad, but that's how the character is supposed to be played.
I refuse to call anything that takes knowledge of game mechanics and other players lame it just sounds like you are being a piss poor sport. Boring is different than lame.

Imm0rt4l

QisTopTier said:
I refuse to call anything that takes knowledge of game mechanics and other players lame it just sounds like you are being a piss poor sport. Boring is different than lame.
I didn't make the rules, it is what it is. I agree with boring though.

zlatko

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:

That's exactly what I was getting at. It seemed people jumped to the conclusion that lame is a negative connotation. I even stated above it's a playstyle you will come across often and have to learn to get around. Hell, I play 1 rush down character, backed up by two projectile characters that can play lame if need be to chuck shit across the screen until you can work your way through the obstacle course.

Q is welcome to his own mind set that lame means I'm a poor sport if he wants, but like I pointed out earlier he needs to do a little growing up...to which he replied in of course a childish way.

Plenty of top players refer to zoning as lame. I have no problems with people playing this way and neither should anyone else, because it's a legit strategy in plenty of match ups such as Arthur against Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom