• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivals

MarkMan said:
Just curious, how old is everyone?

I'm 28. Single father. Have a 9 year old daughter (who lives with me). And I make shit happen.

This is awesome.

I'm 25, full time software developer, live with my gf and our two obscenely high energy dogs. I don't have a ton of time for video games but I do what I can.

In 24 and a care worker. Am thinking that I'll attend my first major this year in Super Versus Battle as I feel Marvel's the first game since DoA4 that I'm actually good at, however my lack of offline experience is sure to bite me in the arse.

JeTmAn81

MarkMan said:

I'm 28. Single father. Have a 9 year old daughter (who lives with me). And I make shit happen.
29 for me, recently married and working full time. Had to shake my head at "Lolz, Mike Ross is 27, he is teh oldz!"

Grecco

MarkMan said:

29 Thanks for making me feel old. :(

o DeathCubeK o said:
21 and sucking at this game.

Dont worry. Us old geezers suck at this game too!

Uuuugh DORMAMMU DOESN'T HAVE ANY COOL X-FACTOR TRICKS

M XFC H : nothing that only combos off H, launch difference is useless
wall bounce jump loop: no extra hits that matter
purification XFC super jump: too much hitstun decay for real relaunch
volcano OTG XFC... : normals into launch can't get another OTG, launcher SJC into dark hole/purification 0 don't work. no advantage over volcano into hyper other than 2 extra normal hits(HS)
can't XFC flame carpet :-(

So basically, the best combo would be a basic jump HS, H xx finger shot, jump loop, S SJC Volcano, Chaotic Flame.

I'm bored already. Even Thor has weird shit with x-factor. Dormammu gets, what, a couple extra normals for spending the scarcest tool in the game? Bullshit. I want the crazy cancels.

Ferrio

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
Most characters can't touch of death in x-factor? I know every member of both my teams can, maybe I've I've been taking that for granted :(

Don't have to work for it with Dorm.

BURN TO CINDERS

I had some horrible ranked matches today. I picked random all twice by mistake and one of those matches was against a Mighty lord...
QisTopTier said:
I'M NOT OLD, plus I look 16'ish and girly... *gets hit on by guys :( *
I wouldn't say 24 is very old. I do understand the attention from the same gender(because I'm gruff!) though.

A lot of guys nearing the big thirty here.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Spirit of Jazz said:
In 24 and a care worker. Am thinking that I'll attend my first major this year in Super Versus Battle as I feel Marvel's the first game since DoA4 that I'm actually good at, however my lack of offline experience is sure to bite me in the arse.

Nice! I hope to be at Super Versus Battle again this year. I'm excited. The NeoEmpire guys put on a great show. I really enjoyed last year's.

It'll be a good excuse for me to get out to London again.

MrDaravon

MarkMan said:

30 and married. I work full-time, my wife is currently unemployed (by our choice) but she's also a gamer and on GAF, so luckily she's cool with me playing whatever. Currently trying to swing getting one of the Chun-li TE sticks you guys have while the sale is still going, would be my first stick :D. Currently using a fightpad and doing alright, but I want to try to step it up a bit.

Okay. I just got my first good fight stick (Round 2 TE). I am terrishit with it. Are there any handy guides to learning to adapt to these things? Any resources on proper ways to hold it to minimize any joint stress? I'd like to not develop any bad habits I'd have to break later.

After I get all that down, then I can try to find some resources for not being shit specifically with MvC3. I need to learn basic basic stuff. Like regular combos.

Trying to figure out Joe and Felicia now. Joe seems pretty good, would work really well with the barrier assist to go crazy on the safe rushdown setups.

Felicia I just don't get right now. I haven't spent much time with her so far, but what's the main thing to do after her little OTG 3M? I get that you can do a little magic series, but I tried jump canceling into her specials and couldn't get anything interesting going. It seems like it's made to jump cancel into Cat Spike M, but I can't get it to work. Maybe I'll check the bible and see what's up.

enzo_gt said:
I thought you made boring, functionless combos for a living?
-_- I make max damage bnbs that work in any sirtuation and max crazy combos that only work in one. About half and half, honestly. I think I've only maxed out the combo potential of Thor, Dormammu and Wesker, though, and they didn't have a ton to begin with... This game is too complicated, but you can break it down into lists...

I'll admit that I know more about abusing game systems than I do abusing players, though...

By XFC tricks, I mean like x-factoring ryu's overhead or Viewtiful Joe's dive kick to get utility that isn't normally there. Same with Thor's 2H XFC H. Most people X-factor to protect themselves, cancel hypers or gain health back, but I think there's more interesting uses.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ferrio said:
Need to work on my wave dashing, fuck it up often. Get like a crouching Heavy come out instead, which is bad news.
The slightest sliver of lag online can fuck up a wavedash. It sucks so much when you get blown up because of it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
-_- I make max damage bnbs that work in any sirtuation and max crazy combos that only work in one. About half and half, honestly. I think I've only maxed out the combo potential of Thor, Dormammu and Wesker, though, and they didn't have a ton to begin with... This game is too complicated, but you can break it down into lists...

I'll admit that I know more about abusing game systems than I do abusing players, though...

By XFC tricks, I mean like x-factoring ryu's overhead or Viewtiful Joe's dive kick to get utility that isn't normally there. Same with Thor's 2H XFC H. Most people X-factor to protect themselves, cancel hypers or gain health back, but I think there's more interesting uses.
Ryu overhead -> X-Factor to continue the rest of the combo is on my list of most hype things ever. That stuff I understand. For Dorm it's pretty much just X-Factoring to get another Chaotic Flame in or buffing that Level 3 Hyper.

Those are more "techniques" than tricks. Tricks are always hype. The Combofiend moment was some real trickery going on. That final mix for the win up so was amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
Told you guys a month before release, best character in the game.
As did I predict. Though, I didn't think it'd because of broken nonsense like this, but because of all the other things she had going for her (damage, options, hypers, etc).

DR2K

Banned
God's Beard said:
Told you guys a month before release, best character in the game.

I'm still going with Storm, for the same reasons she was the best in MVC2. I'm surprised she isn't used more. PR probably has the best one.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Grecco said:
Is the SF4 and the MVC2 button layouts different in the MadCatz TE sticks?

Yes. They're different.

The SFIV TE maps to the default layout of Street Fighter IV and MVC2 goes with it's default setting.

In short, the heavy buttons on the SFIV TE are R1/RB & R2/RT and on the MVC2 TE they're L1/LB & R1/RB.

Grecco

Hmm i remember i think in the Canada Cup I saw Justin use Type b in marvel 3 but now im wondering if that changes with the MVC2 stick (which is what i currently own)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:
I'm still going with Storm, for the same reasons she was the best in MVC2. I'm surprised she isn't used more. PR probably has the best one.
Storm is a solid character.

But she's boring as fuck to play, and watch.

Really, REALLY boring as fuck. I especially dislike her BnB/default combos.

RS4-

Ferrio said:
I am using two buttons... you can't wavedash without... least I don't think.

Why do you think a heavy keeps coming out?
I just use LM to wavedash.

I forgot to mention that dorm's xf balls super destroy sent HSF (top two drones); dorm can also use c/s M to destroy the HSF too. I can't remember if it was like that pre-patch.

Edit - nm, I don't remember how I killed off HSF with his M; did it a few times online but I can't replicate it in training mode

QisTopTier said:
Actually you turned around and said she wasnt that great and had to many flaws.

Yeah... I still think she has the worst team chemistry, but I did say she's the best standalone character. The only character she has good synergy with is Magneto.

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Storm is a solid character.

But she's boring as fuck to play, and watch.

Really, REALLY boring as fuck. I especially dislike her BnB/default combos.

OTG hypers all day baby. She's extremely fun to play as. Chip damage, 8 way dash, float, fly, range, speed, damage, team synergy, etc. . . she has everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom