• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Admit it. You just like to use lag tactics and using that as an excuse.

Wish it was true, wanna play right now sigh. They said call back in a week if it's not fixed (which it won't be) to get a refund, cause I pay 180 a month for this shit.

Ferrio said:
Wish it was true, wanna play right now sigh. They said call back in a week if it's not fixed (which it won't be) to get a refund, cause I pay 180 a month for this shit.

Can't right now. GF is watching TV. Trust me, if she weren't here, I'd be playing rather than posting here.

edit: $180??? WTF???

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
You can play me if you want. Also WTF 180?

Ferrio said:

???

is this one of those triple plans (though still expensive imo)???

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
===/// ENZO_GT's TIER LIST \\\===
Dormamma Tier
Dormammu

Susan Coffey Personal Fantasy a.k.a. Don't Ask Me About It Tier
Phoenix

Keyra Augustina Tier
Storm
Chun-Li
Jill

Wifey Tier
Crimson Viper
Trish

Toot It And Boot It Tier
She-Hulk
X-23

Not Sure If Want Tier
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia

Might Get Arrested Tier
Tron Bonne

rated by dat ass

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
You can play me if you want. Also WTF 180?

I don't wanna play, it's a 500 ping right now. Trying to work something out nextdoor friend to yank his wireless.... better than nothing.

180 = internet + phone + cable. 100 of that is the internet. I count it in the whole package since you're only able to get the high speed internet stuff if you get all the cable shit.

Alaska, shit is expensive.

enzo_gt said:
Dormamma Tier
Dormammu

Phoenix

Keyra Augustina Tier
Storm
Chun-Li
Jill

Wifey Tier
Crimson Viper
Trish

Toot It And Boot It Tier
She-Hulk
X-23

Not Sure If Want Tier
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia

Might Get Arrested Tier
Tron Bonne

rated by dat ass

WHERE IS SHUMA GORATH

SENTINEL ALSO SAYS YOU CAN BITE HIS SHINY METAL ASS

Ferrio said:
I don't wanna play, it's a 500 ping right now. Trying to work something out nextdoor friend to yank his wireless.... better than nothing.

180 = internet + phone + cable. 100 of that is the internet. I count it in the whole package since you're only able to get the high speed internet stuff if you get all the cable shit.

WTF? 100? 100 would get me the best internet ever.

enzo_gt said:
Dormamma Tier
Dormammu

Phoenix

Keyra Augustina Tier
Storm
Chun-Li
Jill

Wifey Tier
Crimson Viper
Trish

Toot It And Boot It Tier
She-Hulk
X-23

Not Sure If Want Tier
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia

Might Get Arrested Tier
Tron Bonne

rated by dat ass

All I learned from this tier is that I might get arrested.

Prototype-03 said:
Maybe we are... But that's what makes it interesting. To be honest, I was more upset at GB posting as if some of the theories are facts.

But I'm only getting mad because he HAS the game... He HAS been testing the combo so why not go into the matches himself to test out the theories?

It's not like I'm saying "this is how the game is", but I just throw stuff out there blankly, and assume people will realize it's my opinion, with everything that goes with that.

The main reason i dedicate so much time to training mode and not online is because I had so much trouble watching matches and understanding what happened. There's a lot of little things that people do that are easy to miss, even with commentary. And when it comes to your own matches, you can get lost completely. It's like people were saying, losing and not understanding why is huge.

So I spent all that time breaking down everything I could figure out through my own reasoning. Untechable knockdowns, jump cancels, dash cancels, ground bounces, wall bounces, hitstun decay, damage scaling and the heights different moves launch. I know that If I combo a Mighty smash off of H instead of 2M, I can get a 2H afterwards because of the slight height difference of the ground bounce. Because I'm used to seeing little things like that, I can watch people play and understand the thought process of how they make their combos or what sort of moves they fish for. It's like taking illustration classes and then being able to look at a Goya and realize how his hand moves to paint. Now I'm just getting to the point where I understand enough where I can see some of the things players are doing. And hopefully, I'll be able to make more use of each loss than I would have day one.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Proto loves little girls. This is a fact!

God's Beard said:
So I spent all that time breaking down everything I could figure out through my own reasoning. Untechable knockdowns, jump cancels, dash cancels, ground bounces, wall bounces, hitstun decay, damage scaling and the heights different moves launch.

This is where I am different, (proto way more so I don't think he knows what the fuck training mode even is) Figuring out how all that stuff works is ok and everything, but learning it step by step while getting your face slammed in helps you improve way way faster. As to say, you can read 1,000 books on a subject but when it comes to actual experience nothing can beat that

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ferrio said:

180$?!?! Those are crack prices son. I thought we had shit bad here in Canada, what the fucks? I don't know how you'd fucking survive! Much respects for your patience and tolerance putting up with that shit o_O

QisTopTier said:
I play gaffers all the time, also you jumped the gun on me enzo I probably spent almost as much time as god's in training mode. But I still have double the time in matches played.

I do exactly what I've been saying I try stuff out in training "traps and so forth" Then a hour later or so I take it into real fights.

edit: No offense but god's doesn't stand a chance vs proto right now.
Our wins are even most of the time.
Oh okay, yeah I was just guessing + saying what I thought people of a higher skill level presumably do when it comes to training, which is stretching beyond just BnBs and formulaic setups and going for more of a dynamic approach to how you deal with other characters, or create your combos to leverage meter use, etc. More meta kind of stuff when it comes to the entire battle, not just rolling with whatever is presented in a combo vid and whatnot. Didn't mean to throw a label on you there.

Prototype-03 said:
WTF? 100? 100 would get me the best internet ever.

All I learned from this tier is that I might get arrested.
You are already dead.

God's Beard said:
It's not like I'm saying "this is how the game is", but I just throw stuff out there blankly, and assume people will realize it's my opinion, with everything that goes with that.

The main reason i dedicate so much time to training mode and not online is because I had so much trouble watching matches and understanding what happened. There's a lot of little things that people do that are easy to miss, even with commentary. And when it comes to your own matches, you can get lost completely. It's like people were saying, losing and not understanding why is huge.

So I spent all that time breaking down everything I could figure out through my own reasoning. Untechable knockdowns, jump cancels, dash cancels, ground bounces, wall bounces, hitstun decay, damage scaling and the heights different moves launch. I know that If I combo a Mighty smash off of H instead of 2M, I can get a 2H afterwards because of the slight height difference of the ground bounce. Because I'm used to seeing little things like that, I can watch people play and understand the thought process of how they make their combos or what sort of moves they fish for. It's like taking illustration classes and then being able to look at a Goya and realize how his hand moves to paint. Now I'm just getting to the point where I understand enough where I can see some of the things players are doing. And hopefully, I'll be able to make more use of each loss than I would have day one.

Fair enough. I'll agree that I'm impressed that you can come up with some of those combos and I don't think I've ever criticized your combos outside of the Jill one. I'll also agree that a lot of times you'll lose and not understand why especially when you first start out. I mean, you can still see it during Marvelous Adventures... I mean, it's funny as hell to watch but you can also relate to their frustrations. "Why did I lose?"

Again, I only get upset when something is DEFINITELY wrong. How about this though... I HAVE been pretty harsh only because it's so wrong but from now on, I'll take it as you want to input some theories and see if it works. I'll be nicer and put a constructive criticism instead.

QisTopTier said:
Proto loves little girls. This is a fact!

There's a reason why I picked up X-23. Closest thing to not being arrested.

Rachel's also a free pass... she's like what? 200 yrs old?

QisTopTier said:
This is where I am different, (proto way more so I don't think he knows what the fuck training mode even is) Figuring out how all that stuff works is ok and everything, but learning it step by step while getting your face slammed in helps you improve way way faster. As to say, you can read 1,000 books on a subject but when it comes to actual experience nothing can beat that

I DO USE THE TRAINING MODE, THANKS. I just use it to find one combo and make sure it connects once. Then I'm ready to go. Then I blank out during real matches. It's the way I roll.

enzo_gt said:
Phoenix

Wifey Tier
Crimson Viper
Trish
My man.

27l7y.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Oh okay, yeah I was just guessing + saying what I thought people of a higher skill level presumably do when it comes to training, which is stretching beyond just BnBs and formulaic setups and going for more of a dynamic approach to how you deal with other characters, or create your combos to leverage meter use, etc. More meta kind of stuff when it comes to the entire battle, not just rolling with whatever is presented in a combo vid and whatnot. Didn't mean to throw a label on you there.

You learn how to set up stuff from experiencing it first in actual combat and the situation becoming a problem, that's when you take it to training if needed. Figuring out how to combo stuff on the fly also comes from experiencing it first in a real fight.

Don't take the way I respond or act the wrong way either. I would prefer if everyone got better and learned from their mistakes and everyone could play each other at even levels and have a blast.

I'll even be nice and drop this bit of advice right now! God's if you are using doom on that team YOU BETTER BE USING PLASMA BEAM no if ands or buts,
hidden missiles is trash tier with that group

Mit-

This game makes me rage online so hard. Maybe it's because I only play in the middle of the night/morning, but I can rarely get good connections.

And even when it's not that bad, I still can't do even decently well in Player Match when trying out new teams.

Was messing around with Joe/Thor/Chris. Not the greatest 'team', but I just wanted to try out the characters after messing with a lot of different stuff in Training Mode.

Can't do it. I like to hit confirm a lot of Joe's combos, and hit confirming is impossible online. You either go for it or you don't. Joe's incredibly low amount of hitstun on his entire moveset does not allow time for laggy hit confirms. Can't command grab punish people with Thor when I want or reliably land aerial resets. Trouble hit confirming with Chris or landing his longer combos in general. Everything resorts to spamming. It especially doesn't help that all I fight are Zero/Sentinel/Taskmaster/Wesker/Ryu/Akuma. Plenty of random hyper beams, and then just incredible rushdown from Zero/Taskmaster/Wesker that I just cannot combat with lag in the slightest.

I always just have to go back to my first team to show them that I can beast them with their own strategies: Zero/Taskmaster/Wesker. But I really want to play more characters and get halfway decent with some different teams before meeting up at my college and playing local casuals, where everyone just constantly plays their one, best team and beasts regardless of who you're using.

Ugh frustration. Wish I had a pal who lived close enough to come over often and spar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
You learn how to set up stuff from experiencing it first in actual combat and the situation becoming a problem, that's when you take it to training if needed. Figuring out how to combo stuff on the fly also comes from experiencing it first in a real fight.

Don't take the way I respond or act the wrong way either. I would prefer if everyone got better and learned from their mistakes and everyone could play each other at even levels and have a blast.

I'll even be nice and drop this bit of advice right now! God's if you are using doom on that team YOU BETTER BE USING PLASMA BEAM no if ands or buts,
hidden missiles is trash tier with that group
This is exactly what I mean when I said I needed my ass kicked to learn.

What's lost in training mode is the adaptation element, kind of what Proto was getting at earlier too. The combo can work all fine and dandy, but you may never get the opportunity, or the setup, or realize that particular situation is counteradapted to your playstyle and has its own set of traps (Flame Carpet, hyper armor, high-low mixups, advance guard usage, assists, what have you). Discovering this only works through play really. You can see J. Wong pull off some well effective Advanced Guard, but until your actually in a battle and the pressure is on with your vitality gauge draining, it becomes a whole other situation.

Where THEN you take it to training mode to emulate your setup and create counter-counteradaptations. Survival of the fittest, baby. Me personally, I like to train locally with friends, which unfortunately means lag destroys everything I work hard for online, but I find it a fun way of testing out new techniques that I've conjured up, or simplified from seeing what pros do.

And goddamn Q your rapid edits are annoying :lol

Man, I don't know how it's possible for me to keep up(or barely keep up depending on who you talk to) with the game as it continues to evolve. Me and my friend played a few games on ranked and player today using my 360 and I'm beginning to see the kind of gulf that can only develop when one decides to drop all past prejudices(not using assists and dropping combos was standard among my circle and for me by extension).

It's become easy as hell to notice their slow reaction time, bad combo strings and their lack of team synergy. I've always been the type who never bothered to learn the lingo or watch the videos and I'm really wondering when I'm going to hit that wall. If God's beard is too technical then I've got to be a pure brute. I guess I'm just kind of ranting about the inevitable fork in the road where I have to choose between meshing my reflexes/instincts together with technical prowess or bowing out because I couldn't handle the salt. I never quite hit that wall with BlazBlue even when fighting against some insane folks, but I don't think I'll be so luck with Marvel.

Pretty much everyone who I played Marvel 2 with already traded the game off because they can't take the heat and some even left without knowing simple stuff like hyper extensions using X-factor. I just hope I'm not so stubborn when that time comes.
Prototype-03 said:
Maybe we are... But that's what makes it interesting. To be honest, I was more upset at GB posting as if some of the theories are facts. I can see some players trying to soak that information in when he's wrong. I mean, I appreciate the fact that he's trying to help, don't get me wrong. But I'm only getting mad because he HAS the game... He HAS been testing the combo so why not go into the matches himself to test out the theories? I know, I know... He JUST started playing and testing it out. I'm sure he'll even out in the end but you have no idea how it irked me with some of his theories. Can we at least agree if you're new to the game, you'll at least try to look at that tier list that GB made? I can only imagine how much it would HURT the person starting out, NOT help. THIS is where I get mad.
Some of the stuff he posted really got me thinking about how I'm going to handle this game as people continue to dissect it. I really do think he might be a classic case of someone who over thinks the game, but it does spur something within me that makes me question how I approach the game. The one thing I'm sure of is that it would definitely be overwhelming for the new guys coming in. I was a new guy recently when BlazBlue arrived on the scene and I just did my best to enjoy the game as people used those crazy(at first!) notations to describe combos and all kinds of lingo that I'd never heard of before.

I've kind of gotten used to the fact that people(especially new people)are going to take a lot of things posted here as fact without question, but it's other people's jobs separate fact from theory. It sucks since it's more work for us(more for you than for me :p), but there is very little that can be done aside from that.

Axis

SolarPowered said:
Man, I don't know how it's possible for me to keep up(or barely keep up depending on who you talk to) with the game as it continues to evolve. Me and my friend played a few games on ranked and player today using my 360 and I'm beginning to see the kind of gulf that can only develop when one decides to drop all past prejudices(not using assists and dropping combos is standard among my circle and for me by extension).

It's become easy as hell to notice their slow reaction time, bad combo strings and their lack of team synergy. I've always been the type who never bothered to learn the lingo or watch the videos and I'm really wondering when I'm going to hit that wall. If God's beard is too technical then I've got to be a pure brute. I guess I'm just kind of ranting about the inevitable fork in the road where I have to choose between meshing my reflexes/instincts together with technical prowess or bowing out because I couldn't handle the salt. I never quite hit that wall with BlazBlue even when fighting against some insane folks, but I don't think I'll be so luck with Marvel.

Pretty much everyone who I played Marvel 2 with already traded the game off because they can't take the heat and some even left without knowing simple stuff like hyper extensions using X-factor. I just hope I'm not so stubborn when that time comes.

you want to get a few games in on xbl? GT: vexco

lets goooo!

Ferrio

Banned
Got it hooked to my friend's wireless, so was able to play. BUt I'm doing terrible tonight. I need to figure out how to effective rushdown with Akuma. Also my shehulk kept missing her basic bnb's... Trying to incorporate her kara's more into my game, except online they're kinda hard to work in. Also if i get pushblocked (which happens most of the time) i'd eat something big.

Anyone got the book? WHat the hell is the block advantage/disadvantage on dante's j.S?

Dahbomb

We need to have a God's Beard vs Proto GAF Money Match. That shit would be hype as fuck.

On that topic: The theorizing is fine by me. I like to hear other people's opinion and way of thinking in this game so that's why I come here often and share some knowledge. Of course if someone posts something and you aren't sure about it then you should check it out yourself in training mode/real match and give feedback, which I am sure was what Proto was doing. He found something he disagreed and that's fine too, that's how we learn.

Tier lists are fun too. Enzo_GT's Tier is GDLK, I agree 100%. Real talk Phoenix is the hottest character in the game by a mile.

On the topic of "best character" in the game: Someone brought it up and I will comment on it. Right now I think "on paper" best character is Crimson Viper. Like she can literally kill 2 characters in the blink of an eye if your reflexes and execution are up to it (EX Seismo assist+point into combo of choice). People are going to find extended uses for Focus Attacks. Being able to combo after the TK version of L Burning Kick is GDLK. Even as Anchor she is GDLK with the Seismo pressure. 2 things holding her back: Execution barrier especially for chain link Seismo pressuring. If someone can perfectly get a Seismo chain pressure, most characters in the game will not be able to approach C Viper safely. Second limitation is her Meter Management. I am not saying she's a meter hog, but right now we don't have enough solid strategies as to when to use up an EX move and when not to. That is going to come from experience because a proper use of an EX move can kill a character or two, and I have seen it happen many a times. But I see most Viper players needlessly wasting meters to fish for an opening.

And I didn't know about that infinite.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
We need to have a God's Beard vs Proto GAF Money Match. That shit would be hype as fuck. .

He'd rob god's beard. It'd be a sucker's bet. Not to be mean... but I've played them both. Just fact as it is now.

Dahbomb

Nah just wait until God's Beard gets some REAL match practice in. He's going to lame out Proto, just you wait and see.

Frank West

Captivate-11_XBOX360_w_3159.JPG

Ms Marvel

Captivate-11_XBOX360_w_4629.JPG

Megaman X

Captivate-11_XBOX360_w_9343.JPG

Get hyped.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Nah just wait until God's Beard gets some REAL match practice in. He's going to lame out Proto, just you wait and see.

Proto's unibeam assist + teleporter team can be pretty lame.

Good games, Axis.

I rarely fight Dooms so I've got a lot of work to do before I can step up against him.
Lothars said:
Dahbomb, where were those pictures you were posting from? is it from Captivate?
I'm curious about this as well. I hope they are from captivate.

Axis

SolarPowered said:
Good games, Axis.

I rarely fight Dooms so I've got a lot of work to do before I can step up against him.

I'm curious about this as well. I hope they are from captivate.

gg's, we should play when i'm not dropping 85% of everything D: haha

Lothars said:
Dahbomb, where were those pictures you were posting from? is it from Captivate?

According the the original site, yes.

They scrambled those pics as a teaser plus as a slight loophole from that NDA.

Just have to wait to see what they are though.

Dahbomb

Yeah they are from Captivate.

1st one I am sure is Frank West. The other 2 are different games though, 2nd one looks to be DmC.

Dahbomb

Mad props for using the 1st stage music from Maximum Carnage the game. LOL!

And holy shit you combined the Web Throw + Doom Hidden missiles shenanigan with the UWT reset. Very nice!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
LOL. Those teasers are stupid.

---

Also, who is touching my what now? Please schedule my parts with Kadey.

Dahbomb

Anyone got the link from the Xanadu MVC3 match between Combofiend and that Airtola guy. I heard that match was mad hype, the Bionic Arm was getting Aegis countered and Hsien-Ko shenanigans.

Deleted my post about the "supposed balance patch" for MVC3. It looks too fucking fake, like everything that people has been complaining about ever got nerfed or buffed.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Dahbomb said:
Anyone got the link from the Xanadu MVC3 match between Combofiend and that Airtola guy. I heard that match was mad hype, the Bionic Arm was getting Aegis countered and Hsien-Ko shenanigans.

Deleted my post about the "supposed balance patch" for MVC3. It looks too fucking fake, like everything that people has been complaining about ever got nerfed or buffed.

It wasn't Xanadu, that's the East Coast mang!

It was here in SoCal..

http://www.justin.tv/2ggaming/b/283354575

Dahbomb

Cool, thanks for the link!

And for those confused about my last post, EventHub posted a "leaked" balance changelog for MVC3 on their site not too long ago. It's now taken down though, whether it's fake or it's Capcom ninjas at work we don't know.

If I had to put it in a nutshell I would say that (taking out glitches/infinites because it was completely a BALANCE changelog) anything you think is overpowered in the game probably got nerfed. And then there are a few surprise ones in there that made me go "WTF? Really now?"

I don't think it's real but some of those looked exactly like what Capcom is capable of doing.

V_Arnold

Dahbomb said:

And for those confused about my last post, EventHub posted a "leaked" balance changelog for MVC3 on their site not too long ago. It's now taken down though, whether it's fake or it's Capcom ninjas at work we don't know.

If I had to put it in a nutshell I would say that (taking out glitches/infinites because it was completely a BALANCE changelog) anything you think is overpowered in the game probably got nerfed. And then there are a few surprise ones in there that made me go "WTF? Really now?"

I don't think it's real but some of those looked exactly like what Capcom is capable of doing.

Wao, sounds like I might actually keep this MVC3 instead of selling it, huh.

Dahbomb

V_Arnold said:
Wao, sounds like I might actually keep this MVC3 instead of selling it, huh.
Why were you selling it? Game is going to keep being tweaked/patch but people will still own at the game and make stuff look overpowered.

V_Arnold

Dahbomb said:
Why were you selling it? Game is going to keep being tweaked/patch but people will still own at the game and make stuff look overpowered.

I do not know, almost all of my friends stopped playing it.
No point in learning stuff when some guys just use Haggar's jump in pipe with Doom Assist, and you have to keep defending it perfectly or you lose half health. No point in learning complicated combos when you can have some easy strings that does the job just as well, with stronger chars.

We are going back to SSIFV now, and that is a lot more to our taste. I would play MVC3 if Ms Marvel would really be announced and the ridicolously overpowered characters would be toned down so there is any point in practicing a normal character.

I know, bitch more, less qq more pewpew, haters gonna hate, but it is still not my cup of tea currently.

DryEyeRelief said:
This is why we can't have nice things.

I am not sure about that. I gave Capcom my money on release, hyped the game on our site, reviewed it, gave it an 8 - I did my fair share of "nice things" - selling it now is not gonna prevent Capcom of doing with whatever they want with the game.

Toski

Dahbomb said:

The bad thing from reading the list (if true) is that it contains more nerfs than buffs. If they tone down Sentinel's damage output then they need to give back some health. It seems for some reason that Niitsuma's team is favor of overall nerfs instead of overall buffs for some reason. I guess it's easier to nerf characters than it is to give buffs to raise character viability.

Ferrio

Banned
V_Arnold said:
I do not know, almost all of my friends stopped playing it.
No point in learning stuff when some guys just use Haggar's jump in pipe with Doom Assist, and you have to keep defending it perfectly or you lose half health. No point in learning complicated combos when you can have some easy strings that does the job just as well, with stronger chars.

We are going back to SSIFV now, and that is a lot more to our taste. I would play MVC3 if Ms Marvel would really be announced and the ridicolously overpowered characters would be toned down so there is any point in practicing a normal character.

You complain about overpowered characters, but cite haggar's pipe?

Dahbomb

Well then I regret to inform you that these balance changes aren't going to change anything for you. The stuff you mentioned isn't even overpowered, you don't have the right strategies to deal with them.

No point in doing the complex combos when you can do more damage with simpler combos? So Hulk should like totally own Magneto right? And Haggar would own Iron Man?

Would also like to see which characters you feel are overpowered and why. Would also like to see which characters you consider "normal" in this game.

Every character is viable, every team isn't.

The bad thing from reading the list (if true) is that it contains more nerfs than buffs. If they tone down Sentinel's damage output then they need to give back some health. It seems for some reason that Niitsuma's team is favor of overall nerfs instead of overall buffs for some reason. I guess it's easier to nerf characters than it is to give buffs to raise character viability.
Some characters like Wolverine and Zero got both a nerf and a buff. There were at least 2 buffs too, Joe and MODOK.

Let's not discuss that list here until it's confirmed.

V_Arnold

Ferrio said:
You complain about overpowered characters, but cite haggar's pipe?

When it took several veteran SF players days to feel comfortable with a Haggar repeatedly hitting on them with jumping H, while an assist is in the screen also, YES, something is not right. That is TWO button. Oh, I am pretty sure MVC3 players that did not stop playing the game are laughing at this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom