• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
V_Arnold said:
I am not sure about that. I gave Capcom my money on release, hyped the game on our site, reviewed it, gave it an 8 - I did my fair share of "nice things" - selling it now is not gonna prevent Capcom of doing with whatever they want with the game.

We can't have nice things because there are people who willingly embrace the idea of "nerf everything" without knowing what the changes actually are or their actual significance.

V_Arnold

DryEyeRelief said:
We can't have nice things because there are people who willingly embrace the idea of "nerf everything" without knowing what the changes actually are or their actual significance.

If by nerf everything, you mean an overall damage reduction, yeah, that would be awesome.

V_Arnold said:
If by nerf everything, you mean an overall damage reduction, yeah, that would be awesome.

Because you want more time outs?

Perhaps you haven't realized this yet, but there may be a possibility that this game is played at a different (and higher) optimal level than what you and your circle of friends are personally experiencing.

Dahbomb

V_Arnold said:
When it took several veteran SF players days to feel comfortable with a Haggar repeatedly hitting on them with jumping H, while an assist is in the screen also, YES, something is not right. That is TWO button. Oh, I am pretty sure MVC3 players that did not stop playing the game are laughing at this :)
Another thing I would hate to inform you is that being a veteran SF player does not mean you are automatically good at MVC3 or something like that.

MVC3 has set ups, combinations and mechanics plus tools that are totally alien to SF. The use of air space is also totally different and then there are assists, DHCs, TACs etc. All they have in common are the inputs (QCF, DP etc.) and are 2D games.

How to deal with Haggar spamming and Doom missiles? Air throw Haggar and kill Doom missiles on reaction with hyper X Factor hyper. Haggar without assist is now ass, proceed to spam projectiles from far away while he has trouble getting in. It doesn't get more free than that.

V_Arnold said:
Overall damage reduction wouldn't really change much except cause more matches to end in time outs and further X Factor domination and even further domination of teams that rely on zoning and block damage, which is something that you appear to have a problem with.

Prototype-03 said:
There's a reason why I picked up X-23. Closest thing to not being arrested.

Rachel's also a free pass... she's like what? 200 yrs old?

Ld3p6l.jpg

Here's the rumored list if anyone's curious:

*Wekser Samauri Edge startup slightly increased.

*Wesker vitaltiy decreased to 965,000 (from 1,100,000).

*Akuma Tatsumaki Zankuyaku hitboxes reworked. He has slightly more vulnerability on the upper half of his body.

*Super Skrull Inferno damage reduced to 263,500 (down from 284,100).

*Zero's normals do slightly more damage overall but the hitboxes on some have been reworked (???).

*M.O.D.O.K vitality increased to 1,000,000 (from 950,000).

*Taskmaster Legion Arrows do less chip damage.

*Tron Bonne Gustaff Fire crossover assist given a few more frames of vulnerability before and after the attack.

*Wolverine deals slightly less damage overall.

*Wolverine vitality increased to 975,000 (from 950,000).

*Sentinel damage slightly decreased overall.

*Dark Phoenix continues to drain vitality even when in X-Factor mode.

*Viewtiful Joe hitboxes on normals have been reworked. He should have slightly more priority.

*Magneto Gravity Squeeze damage has been reduced to 325,000 (from 400,000).

*Magneto j.H does slightly less damage and builds less meter.

*Amaterasu ground and air throw range slightly reduced.

*Amatersu Disc Combo tweaked. The first hit has longer startup and the last hit has slightly longer recovery.

*Buffs on characters will continue to deplete while that character is performing a crossover assist (timer will not display unless character is on point).

*X-Factor bonuses tweaked at all levels for all characters. Overall, level 3 does slightly less damage for most characters.

Cancel your preorders guys because doom and haggar are still broken

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
DryEyeRelief said:

*Wesker Samurai Edge startup slightly increased.

My beautiful arrows noooo.

DryEyeRelief said:

*Wekser Samauri Edge startup slightly increased.

*Wesker vitaltiy decreased to 965,000 (from 1,100,000).

*Akuma Tatsumaki Zankuyaku hitboxes reworked. He has slightly more vulnerability on the upper half of his body.

*Super Skrull Inferno damage reduced to 263,500 (down from 284,100).

*Zero's normals do slightly more damage overall but the hitboxes on some have been reworked (???).

*M.O.D.O.K vitality increased to 1,000,000 (from 950,000).

*Tron Bonne Gustaff Fire crossover assist given a few more frames of vulnerability before and after the attack.

*Wolverine vitality increased to 975,000 (from 950,000).

*Dark Phoenix continues to drain vitality even when in X-Factor mode.

*Viewtiful Joe hitboxes on normals have been reworked. He should have slightly more priority.

*Amatersu Disc Combo tweaked. The first hit has longer startup and the last hit has slightly longer recovery.

*Buffs on characters will continue to deplete while that character is performing a crossover assist (timer will not display unless character is on point).

*X-Factor bonuses tweaked at all levels for all characters. Overall, level 3 does slightly less damage for most characters.

Cancel your preorders guys because doom and haggar are still broken

What's the source on this?

Dahbomb

OMG the list is posted, now it will be discussed. It was on EventHubs but it got taken down.

If true, it's not as bad as people are going to make it out to be. I am still against balance changes this early as Capcom needs to get the glitches/few infinites out of the way first.

Probably the most controversial change on that list is the whole "buffs use up timer if used as crossover assist". This is a direct nerf to Hsien-Ko, Arthur and a few other characters (like DT Dante Jam Session). For Hsien-Ko this was her main threat and now I see her as far less viable than before.

Wesker's Samurai Edge change is most likely to prevent the XF gun loop, easy unblockable set ups and to tone down his zoning game. Health change is something that a lot of people wanted and I wouldn't be surprised by it at all.
Akuma Tatsu and Ammy nerfs expected. MODOK and Joe buffs expected.

Magneto's j.H change was to be expected, it's used like 8 times in a combo. Gravity Squeeze is a bit harsh but it IS the best LVL3 in the game (full screen, instant and you can combo after it in the corner).

Change on Zero's priority is good, a lot of complaints on his normals. I can also get down with Wolverine's damage reduction, his BnB did too much damage for the skill involved. Now people will be more pressed to find better combos with him.

Taskmaster chip damage is also a bit high and people are using Taskmaster TOO much for his godly zoning.

Super Skrull hyper nerf is questionable. It's questionable because most people would agree he didn't need one. Sentinel damage nerf also questionable but this is more towards his LVL3 XF comeback potential.

Global X Factor tweaks needs more explanation but it's probably for the better. It was probably the only real thing that needed to be tweaked in the game.

Phoenix got super nerfed. Not only because of health depletion but also because of global X Factor nerf on characters.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I don't know, I think Zero has the best Level 3 overall in the game, then I'd put Magneto's right after.

Toski

DryEyeRelief said:
Thats what I mean by the list is in favor of overall nerfs instead of buffs. I can understand some of the nerfs, but all of those together don't help the game much. Oh well, we'll see if this is true sooner or later.

Wheres my Spider-Man buffs dammit

Ferrio

Banned
List seems very fake to me, it's all the direct shit people complain about.

I really hope they rework xfactor... ugh. Hate that shit. To me it comes damn close to ruining the game in it's current form.

Dahbomb

MarkMan said:
I don't know, I think Zero has the best Level 3 overall in the game, then I'd put Magneto's right after.
Easier to combo into Magneto's LVL3 than Zero's. Magneto's LVL3 also does more damage and you can combo after it.

Zero's LVL3 is godlike because it's a home wrecker and hits more than one target.

I would say they are both about the same, both are excellent LVL3s. I also think Zero's LVL3 is not as safe as Magneto's. Basically the way I see it, Magneto's is used to kill a very powerful single character (usually Wesker cuz he has high health) where as Zero's is used to kill a point (low health) + assist if you get the chance to do it.

Post "fake" patch? Zero's LVL3 is WAY better LOL.

DryEyeRelief said:

The only ones I have problems with if this list is real, although the only character I actively play that got nerfed on this list is Taskmaster.

Dahbomb

Those ones are probably the most legit ones except for the Sentinel one. Amaterasu's air throw range is broken. Wolverine does too much damage from simple combos for a character with such high priority, speed, health, mix ups and good hypers. Magneto builds a metric ton of meter from his ghetto ROM combos and the main reason for that is the amounts of j.H's in that. Magneto can basically start the game with the 1 bar and end in a LVL3 hyper for the character kill because he builds so much meter in a combo. Considering Magneto is one of the fastest characters in the game, with the best beam, a j.H that crosses up, good priority on moves and one of the best LVL3s in the game (well former), I would say that is legit.

Also thing is that those changes say "slightly less". We don't know exact values so they are hard to discuss.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Nerfing Hsien-Ko's assist would be so dumb. This is Capcom though, I could see that actually happening lawl.

RS4-

That's not a bad list if true. Less assist spam is always good, especially if it's almost like a get out of jail card one.

Dahbomb

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Nerfing Hsien-Ko's assist would be so dumb. This is Capcom though, I could see that actually happening lawl.
This right here is why I think the list is real. If it was done by some fan, no one would've put that shit in. Only Capcom can NERF a character who is currently in the Bottom 5 on most people's list. And it's a nerf on the single thing that makes her viable...

I'm not being objective here when I say I have problems with those nerfs.

As far as Mags goes, I like watching ROM combos and anything that might end up killing them makes me sad; plus his lv3 damage already(allegedly) took a solid hit. Wolverine and his pressure is mindbogglingly irritating to deal with esp. because of the raw damage he can pick up w/ his assists of choice tagging you, but I just don't like the method of 'raw damage decreased', I wish they'd altered maybe one or two of his specials/normals so he just has to work harder for damage like some of the rest of the cast likely will now. Ammy throw range is pretty nuts. I just associate it with being Ammy, along with that super being as good as it is. :(

Sentinel is fine as he is. That's as close to objective as I got cherrypicking the list.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
This right here is why I think the list is real. If it was done by some fan, no one would've put that shit in. Only Capcom can NERF a character who is currently in the Bottom 5 on most people's list. And it's a nerf on the single thing that makes her viable...

As a Lei-Lei fan, I think it needs to go. Of course they should compensate taking it away if they do.

Faster Air/Ground dashes, making her pendulum cancelable and making her item throw like it is in DS.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Might be legit. I think a lot of those changes make sense in a certain context. Not that I necessarily agree with them.

Either way, I'm still 100% against making changes like this this early. Especially that many changes. Hope it's not true. And I hope at least the one about Magneto's lvl 3 isn't true. Taking away his ability to 1-shot Phoenix if he lvl 3s a fireball on reaction would suck. That's like my favorite Magneto trick :(

edit: Oh I just read where this information came from. Probably fake. I don't think any of the staff at Captivate would've had the time to go over changes with someone in that much detail, let alone be like "well my bosses will probably be pissed if this info gets out, but I'm gonna go over it in meticulous detail and let you record me with a handheld recorder/jot this stuff down on a notepad anyway."

Dahbomb

I 100% agree about HK. If they are going to take away that, then they have to compensate in her on Point abilities. Same for Arthur. But both of them require a re-work of some sort to make better, not mathematical value changes.

Magneto players will still use the ghetto ROMs or more advance variations of them. He is still going to be a monster. And his LVL3 is still going to kill Phoenix because you can just tag a Beam at the end of the LVL3 to kill Phoenix 100%.

Grecco

Terrible list. Weskers getting hitten with the Sentinel stick. Leave our Weskers alone.

Just leave the game alone, at least for some significant time. Godamn.

Also im scrapping my team again ugh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You dare nerf my Sent AND my Mag?

Fuck you Capcom, hard.

Why stop there? Nerf Storm for no apparent reason! Nerf her ice storm, PLEASE!

So I can show everyone that I still beat your team with a NERFED MSS.

Azure J

Holy crap, they hit Phoenix hard with this one and then they turned around and beat Hsien-Ko badly with it. :(

And you know what's funny? If Hsien-Ko had the same speed/momentum properties as she does in DS, she'd probably be used a whole lot more in this game just from a casual observation.

Meanwhile, I'm pissed I missed out on that hilarious thread derail last night. :lol

vg260

Hm, looking for Spidey in the rumored list...

Darn. I was hoping they would tweak something make him a little less execution-heavy. I really want them to swap the web throw and web swing motions.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
2&2 said:
Hm, looking for Spidey in the rumored list...

Darn. I was hoping they would tweak something make him a little less execution-heavy. I really want them to swap the web throw and web swing motions.

I would be very fine with this. The Reverse DP motion to me is the most awkward one to do. I can do it consistently as a standalone move, but whenever it's incorporated in a combo I mess it up time after time. Looking at getting a stick, preferably one of the top notch ones like the TE ones, but not at its recommended retail price + shipping...

hitsugi

that list looks stupid enough to be true.

you know SF players wouldn't tolerate this kind of nonsense

we'd just buy the game 2 more times

DryEyeRelief said:

I ain't even mad. =)

Edit: Not sure why I avoid this thread. Now that I'm done with midterms, it's MAHVEL BAYBEE

vg260

Nils said:
I would be very fine with this. The Reverse DP motion to me is the most awkward one to do. I can do it consistently as a standalone move, but whenever it's incorporated in a combo I mess it up time after time. Looking at getting a stick, preferably one of the top notch ones like the TE ones, but not at its recommended retail price + shipping...

Yeah, considering so many other characters have QCB moves that combo, this seems a a weird choice. Doesn't seem like it's asking too much. Might even mean we'd see more Spidey players. He's go so little room for error right now.

No Haggar homing pipe projectile which ground bounces on hit/block? :(

Changes are fine as long as Wesker's low Samauri Edge isn't effected (I really want to keep my hard mode combos as it's what differentiates my Wesker from everybody else in a time when everyone seems to use him). However I feel the changes are utter bullshit, why would any of that be fixed before the DHC glitch and infinites?

Dahbomb

Fuck Taskmaster and his superior Spidey swing.

why would any of that be fixed before the DHC glitch and infinites?
Balance changes are different from bug/exploit fixes changes. There's probably a separate changelog for that. This is going off of how other games do it.

I don't give a fuck about lvl 3 x-factor because Thor's lvl 1 x-factor has a bigger damage boost than Amaterasu's lvl 3.

QisTopTier said:
God's if you are using doom on that team YOU BETTER BE USING PLASMA BEAM no if ands or buts,
hidden missiles is trash tier with that group

bububu Mighty Spark has more active frames, damage and durability D:

plus I can do funky combos with Missiles :)

Dahbomb said:
Balance changes are different from bug/exploit fixes changes. There's probably a separate changelog for that. This is going off of how other games do it.

Ahhh, then the changes don't look too crazy then. Only odd looking thing is the alteration to buffed assists.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

First Dictator and now Magnus. Leave my purple powered characters alone. :(

Dahbomb

The implications for a potential balance patch of this magnitude would be huge. It basically means that your team has to be made of completely "non-bull shit" tactics and set ups, otherwise it's gonna get changed/nerfed/removed. Especially if they are spaced like once very 2 weeks or something.

Yeah I am going to make a team of Ryu/Hulk/Thor like Mike Ross. No one complains about those characters, I think I am going to be alright for the long term. It's actually a pretty fun team.

mr. puppy

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Nah just wait until God's Beard gets some REAL match practice in. He's going to lame out Proto, just you wait and see.

Frank West

Captivate-11_XBOX360_w_3159.JPG

Ms Marvel

Captivate-11_XBOX360_w_4629.JPG

Megaman X

Captivate-11_XBOX360_w_9343.JPG

Get hyped.

just for the fun of following the leaked possible dlc list:
Marvel

Dr Octopus
Juggernaut
Elektra
Apocalypse
Iceman
Thanos
Ms Marvel

Capcom

Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Megaman X
Gene
Talbain
Strider
Gail

Frank, PW, Ock and Juggs will be announced at Captivate and the others are later on in the year along with a complete version to follow next year. There will also be an ace attourney court stage along with the next character reveals.

Dahbomb

mr. puppy said:
i'm really confused why marvel would do a giant patch for marvel but not touch street fighter.
If anything this is far less surprising than the 400K reduction on Sentinel's health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom