• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. puppy

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Different teams.

This list is most likely fake anyway.

but same release strategy. forces the competitive scene to buy an entire new game in a year b/c of patchlog if you dont do it this style.

Dahbomb

Threi said:
why in the hell does Wesker have 1.1mil health?

I knew it was at least 1mil but 1.1 is kinda ridiculous
My guess is that Capcom underestimated Wesker's teleports and thought people would be able to react to it. He was supposed to be built as a character who takes risk to get an opening (with his counters and everything) that's why he needs the bit of extra health. What Capcom failed to realize that people have ASSISTS on their team and that he can teleport on hit confirm for a free combo, then do relaunches uses his Low Samurai OTG. His moves already have good priority and he hits like a truck. Add in a full screen LVL1 hyper, a command grab that you can reset into, a hefty XF boost and that crowd pleaser LVL3 hyper.. you basically have a top tier character and we haven't even started talking about his counters yet.

His health does make the least amount of sense when compared to other characters in his archetype.

hitsugi

mr. puppy said:
i'm really confused why marvel would do a giant patch for marvel but not touch street fighter.

like I said, SF fans will buy the game as many times as it takes.

plus, it's bizarre to be patching and reworking a game as it evolves. every single step of the way..

....kind of takes the whole purpose of (natural) evolution out of it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Threi said:
why in the hell does Wesker have 1.1mil health?

I knew it was at least 1mil but 1.1 is kinda ridiculous
Americas favourite Combo might not have been knownst to Japanese Devs.

But yeah I understand the Wesker nerf, that I agree with. There's so much right and so much really wrong with those updates that I wish I could comment on if I didn't have my last final today to study for. Can't wait to hear how the pros react to the nerds if they end up true.

Dahbomb said:
My guess is that Capcom underestimated Wesker's teleports and thought people would be able to react to it. He was supposed to be built as a character who takes risk to get an opening (with his counters and everything) that's why he needs the bit of extra health. What Capcom failed to realize that people have ASSISTS on their team and that he can teleport on hit confirm for a free combo, then do relaunches uses his Low Samurai OTG. His moves already have good priority and he hits like a truck. Add in a full screen LVL1 hyper, a command grab that you can reset into, a hefty XF boost and that crowd pleaser LVL3 hyper.. you basically have a top tier character and we haven't even started talking about his counters yet.

His health does make the least amount of sense when compared to other characters in his archetype.

I mean aerial characters take him for a ride, but he's just so fucking safe it's gross. No punishment for messing up because he can always teleport the hell away, and his BnBs do like 580k before meter. I don't think he should be nerfed, though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:

As a Wesker player I'd be completely fine with a health nerf. I just hope the Samurai Edge nerf doesn't kill the OTG shenanigans I'm just starting to be able to pull off.

I'm not sure I like all this tweaking barely two months after the game is going. It kind of screams retcon due to fan bitching. There wasn't anything wrong with the power levels to begin with in my opinion. Save nerfing/buffing for several months down the road, after everyone has a good feel for the game. Constant tweaks are going to throw people that don't consistently play fighting games way off.

kitzkozan

Incendiary said:
I'm not sure I like all this tweaking barely two months after the game is going. It kind of screams retcon due to fan bitching. There wasn't anything wrong with the power levels to begin with in my opinion. Save nerfing/buffing for several months down the road, after everyone has a good feel for the game. Constant tweaks are going to throw people that don't consistently play fighting games way off.

It's obvious to me that Wesker is the best character in the game, mostly because he's just evolving to be better than the devs projected like Dahbomb said.

The rebalance list make a lot of sense imo, especially on things like magneto level 3 hyper which is used in every match because of how fast he build meter with jumping H.

Level 3 x - factor damage being nerfed is a no brainer that is going to happen sooner rather than later.

Dahbomb

Everything makes sense or has some basis for it EXCEPT for the change on buff timer running during assist. It's existence right now didn't hurt the game at all, in fact it added a more tactical element to the game. Give up one hyper to get a really good assist out and re-organize your team using DHCs/raw tag ins during the match. This could EASILY be countered by Snap Backing, which also required a meter so it was totally balanced.

Now Hsien-Ko is low tier and it's a very cold and lonely low tier.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
I don't give a fuck about lvl 3 x-factor because Thor's lvl 1 x-factor has a bigger damage boost than Amaterasu's lvl 3.

bububu Mighty Spark has more active frames, damage and durability D:

plus I can do funky combos with Missiles :)

Fuck yeah funky combos! You know how many full screen situations that missile extends. Just watch that Maximum Carnage combo a few back for an idea of what I'm talking about. Tossed to the other side and they hit giving you the hits in combo so you can snatch em back up and keep the pain train a-rollin'.

Plus they wall people in so good for beam chip and low combos setups.

mr. puppy

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Everything makes sense or has some basis for it EXCEPT for the change on buff timer running during assist. It's existence right now didn't hurt the game at all, in fact it added a more tactical element to the game. Give up one hyper to get a really good assist out and re-organize your team using DHCs/raw tag ins during the match. This could EASILY be countered by Snap Backing, which also required a meter so it was totally balanced.

tron is going to be useless after the patch

Dahbomb

From the description it seemed more like Tron's assist is less OP, not useless. It was never completely invulnerable but now it's going to be slightly more punishable. And I don't know if we should be continuing this discussion as it's still unconfirmed if it's real or not.

I sent EventHub an email about this, hopefully we can get a reply soon.

Ok, working on my Jill/Thor/Doom team :)

new Thor slam dunk combo that's pretty useful :D

Arrow Kick Assist, Mighty Smash H(charged), H xx Mighty Smash M, 2HS, jHS, Mighty Smash H

only does about 500k for some reason, probably too many hits in the charge smash. Might be better to see what I can do with air mighty strike M after the wall bounce, probably easier to hit with, too.

With Jill, I've been hitting the H(FC),Low Sweep(FC), Somersault(JC) links pretty consistently , maybe I'll add another low sweep. B)

I really need some Doom combos though, he's the only character I don't know a full combo with, just launcher BB6C dash BBS.

Moving Jill around is still a chore, but I'm figuring out when the best times to use Feral Crouch are :)

Dahbomb

Doom has a really nice and easy (relatively) loop you can do.

It's Launcher, j. M, j. f+H, air dash down forward, M (now you will land), cr. M, cr. H, S repeat...

He has some fly combos. It's called the "M&M's" because it's just flight mode into MM, dash, MM dash MMS. Haven't really got that technology down, saw Clockwork do it.

Doom builds meter like crazy on these combos and does very respectable damage. You can easily do a LVL3 hyper during one of those loops after the cr.H or a LVL1 (Flame Sphere) after the launcher.

RS4-

I think the real fix Capcom needs to sort out are hitboxes that hit you from behind. TP or jump behind Sent doing the ball super or Trish doing her fb one and get it? NP.
Get hit while you're behind Hulk's s.H or Sent's c.M? NP.
Chun's legs? Dante's teleporting slash shit? NP.

hitsugi

RS4- said:
Dante's teleporting slash shit? NP.

to be fair.. just about everything Dante does with his sword hits all over the fucking place :lol

people can straight up do air combos without even facing the right way with him

Gah, I adore this game, it's like all my wildest nerd dreams printed on a disc....
But goddammint, either everyone is god at this game online or I plain suck, plus I have no one to play with locally (My brother hates it and is even worse than me lol)
But I think a huge reason for that is the actual inputs, I can't do SRK or reverse SRK motions to save my life, even in flippin' training mode.
I wonder if a fight pad would help with that, since I know that I can't use a stick <_<

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
hitsugi said:
to be fair.. just about everything Dante does with his sword hits all over the fucking place :lol

people can straight up do air combos without even facing the right way with him

He just has that much style, man! But seriously, I hope America's favorite combo is still intact, otherwise most of these seem reasonable.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Dahbomb said:

To be fair Hsien-Ko Gold armor is bullshit when used as an assist...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Dahbomb said:
What list? It's still there if you mean the supposed balance patch notes.

Try doing forward, QCF to do a shoryuken motion.

Still there is something weird about the timing on the srk, coming from street fighter its definitely not the same and I m not talking shortcuts here.

dankir

Dahbomb said:
What list? It's still there if you mean the supposed balance patch notes.

I did.... NOTHING HAPPENED?!?@! Your still bitter about me trashing you and your Vergil obsession :)
fine fine, just repost it I was to see the purported craziness that Capcom is supposedly bringing to this game.

That DLC character list looks mighty tempting though, hope it's legit. WHERE'S LUPINKO?!@?!

edit: found it :) Thanks dude!

Dahbomb

I get it out fairly consistently and when I mess up I usually get a shoryuken motion instead of QCF because of holding forward from the previous move (like if trying to do f+H, Hadouken, Shinkuu Hadouken I might get a Shoryuken out instead of Hadouken after the Roundhouse).

And I am using a DS3. It's a different shortcut system than the one from SF4 but I don't shortcut it. You guys should be checking your inputs and see where you are messing up.

Most likely FAKE supposed balance patch notes for MVC3

I don't remember you trashing me or my Vergil obsession. Probably happens so much that I forget it over time.

Dahbomb said:

Seriously

I read the changes and nearly everything made sense in one way or another until I hit the part regarding buffs on assists. It's pretty bad, but it sucks that anyone who uses her could get no sort of compensation. It's still not the end of the world for me because I rarely use the gold pendulum, but I may be one of a handful of people in the coming months who will continue to use her anymore...

:'(
DarkoMaledictus said:
To be fair Hsien-Ko Gold armor is bullshit when used as an assist...
It requires one bar to activate and it's easy to capitalize upon it if they switch out regularly(easy block and hyper for the fresh switch). She is also pretty easy to punish as an assist if you know how to jump or how to distance yourself for some nice hyper damage.

get over it
Prototype-03 said:
Anyone down for some games?

PSN: Prototype-03
Are you still available?

dankir

Dahbomb said:
I get it out fairly consistently and when I mess up I usually get a shoryuken motion instead of QCF because of holding forward from the previous move (like if trying to do f+H, Hadouken, Shinkuu Hadouken I might get a Shoryuken out instead of Hadouken after the Roundhouse).

And I am using a DS3. It's a different shortcut system than the one from SF4 but I don't shortcut it. You guys should be checking your inputs and see where you are messing up.

Most likely FAKE supposed balance patch notes for MVC3

I don't remember you trashing me or my Vergil obsession. Probably happens so much that I forget it over time.

The list doesn't seem that unreasonable... I wouldn't be surprised if it was legit homies!

SolarPowered said:
Seriously

I read the changes and nearly everything made sense in one way or another until I hit the part regarding buffs on assists. It's pretty bad, but it sucks that anyone who uses her could get no sort of compensation. It's still not the end of the world for me because I rarely use the gold pendulum, but I may be one of a handful of people in the coming months who will continue to use her anymore...

:'(

It requires one bar to activate and it's easy to capitalize upon it if they switch out regularly(easy block and hyper for the fresh switch). She is also pretty easy to punish as an assist if you know how to jump or how to distance yourself for some nice hyper damage.

get over it

If this is true LeiLei and Arthur are gonna be so fucked.

And if they nerf Dark Phoenix to the point where she's unusable, NO ONE will use Phoenix unless reg. Grey gets a buff. 420k was worth it on crazy red, not so much on Jean.

But this is all dependent on if this is true. And I don't think it is. Even Street fighter 4 didn't have balance patches that big 2 months out of the gate... did it?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm loling at who ever said haggar with doom missiles is broken and super awesome good, honestly ... stop sucking ass at the game.

As for that change list, most of it doesn't even make fucking sense. 2 things at most are decent ideas the rest sounds like scrubby ass bitching.

*arthur wouldn't be fucked by the change btw use dagger assist kthx*

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
You know what fix I'd like to see Capcom implement?

One that makes the netcode not suck ass. I mean, you know, just sayin'.

ReiGun

Ogrekiller said:
And if they nerf Dark Phoenix to the point where she's unusable, NO ONE will use Phoenix unless reg. Grey gets a buff. 420k was worth it on crazy red, not so much on Jean.
I hope so. Personally, I'm in the camp that wishes Phoenix were just a regular character without all that Dark foolishness.

GuiltybyAssociation said:

Yeah Capcom. What he said.

The nerfs on Phoenix were not all that necessary in my opinion. X-factor nerfs still would have toned her down consistently.
Ogrekiller said:
If this is true LeiLei and Arthur are gonna be so fucked.

But this is all dependent on if this is true. And I don't think it is. Even Street fighter 4 didn't have balance patches that big 2 months out of the gate... did it?
Yeah, but Arthur at least has a good deal left with the buffs on his projectiles and the fact that his armor lasts a good while while not tagged out. It's like an eternity compared to the five seconds that Hsien-Ko has on her golden armor(it's necessary because she'd be unbeatable otherwise).

Arthur can still choose to stay in for a brawl while Hsien-Ko's gold armor could just become a useless hyper.

Eww

Dahbomb

QisTopTier said:
As for that change list, most of it doesn't even make fucking sense. 2 things at most are decent ideas the rest sounds like scrubby ass bitching.
And chopping 400K off of Sentinel's health made perfect sense?

Not saying this is real or fake, nor am I saying I want this but Capcom has done more nonsensical stuff in the past related to "balance" changes. Although the way the patch notes presents itself looks like some random guy made a list of stuff people were complaining about and made a changelog out of it.

I would agree, Arthur isn't affected that much by this but it's still a technical nerf to him.

I was going to ignore this changelog completely until I read that Skrull got a hyper damage reduction. I have never seen ANYONE complain about that, ever. Unless the guy who made this is some sort of super scrub who also happens to surf the SRK forums a lot.

GuiltybyAssociation said:

Yeah, this and spectator take priority for me. I'll gladly eat wesker combos if it means me and my friends can all rage at it in real time.

:p

SolarPowered said:
The nerfs on Phoenix were not all that necessary in my opinion. X-factor nerfs still would have toned her down consistently.

Yeah, but Arthur at least has a good deal left with the buffs on his projectiles and the fact that his armor lasts a good while while not tagged out. It's like an eternity compared to the five seconds that Hsien-Ko has on her golden armor(it's necessary because she'd be unbeatable otherwise).

Arthur can still choose to stay in for a brawl while Hsien-Ko's gold armor could just become a useless hyper.

Eww

And once the timer is done he takes 30% more damage. Hell of a trade off considering he's in the 2nd lowest health tier in the game AND he has to spend 2 meter to get golden armor again.

At least he has somewhat decent assists by himself.

But I believe this thing is fake so I'm not worried.... yet.

Fuck you Capcom for making me look foward to the 12th more than ever- but for all the wrong reasons.

Dahbomb said:

It doesn't seem to work here like it did in SF2HD, then again I'm always extremely tense when playing this that I somehow end up jumping when trying to do SRKs .... *sighs*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dankir said:
The list doesn't seem that unreasonable... I wouldn't be surprised if it was legit homies!
That's why we doubt it, it's too reasonable to come out of Capcom. Some of that.. makes sense. But a lot of it is a bit head scratching.

Ogrekiller said:
This is Marvel, you don't nerf the ones that are strong, you BUFF THE ONES THAT ARE WEAK.
THAT is the marvel spirit.
Quoted for the motherfucking truth.

I'm afraid now everyone on average is easier to kill because of lowered health and on average, across the board, not that many reductions to damage. This doesn't solve the problem where everyone is already dead in 2 or 3 combos in actual games.

Dahbomb

If you are jumping then you are doing it wrong!

You need to first do it real slow and slam the stick or D-pad in the down forward direction. Then build your speed up.

I think you are doing it on a 360 pad.

Dahbomb said:
If you are jumping then you are doing it wrong!

You need to first do it real slow and slam the stick or D-pad in the down forward direction. Then build your speed up.

I think you are doing it on a 360 pad.

Nah, DS3 Analog, surprisingly I can do them a bit better on the d-pad but then I can't do QCF/Bs consistently, so I stick to the stick because those are more valuable to me ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom