• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Had two satisfying matches today. In one a high ranked guy decides to get cocky and teabag my second ko'd character right when he dies with his Akuma. Cue 20% health Taskmaster destroying his last two characters who both had 2/3s of their health left. Now I know that's not at all uncommon in this game, but punishing his dick move there made it so much better.

Second one was mainly because of Capcom's cruelty of prominently displaying RANK DOWN BATTLE before the match began. Guy seemed super determined not to lose and got a very big head start on me, but the sick motivation I get from possibly ranking this guy down made me eke out a Time Over win. I'm guessing the keepaway I played those last seconds pissed the guy off even more as right after the win I got the Connection lost, game has been terminated message.

It's weird, sometimes stuff like this gives me a skill boost, other times I completely choke because I get too hyped over being so very close to beating High Lords or First Lords and I start making very punishable mistakes. I'm still not that good, but unlike in the past I'm starting to hold my own against players that are good. On the flipside it makes losses against garbage Akuma/Sentinel//Wolverine/Dante/Ryu teams a lot more frustrating. No diss against those characters, I'd estimate my team selection is quite hated as well, but I'm sure everyone has played his fair share of those teams using the more spammy tactics and nothing much else.

Dahbomb

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
Nah, DS3 Analog, surprisingly I can do them a bit better on the d-pad but then I can't do QCF/Bs consistently, so I stick to the stick because those are more valuable to me ;(
I wouldn't recommend that personally, doing shoryukens on a DS3 analog is hard as hell. You should try to keep your inputs to the bottom right (if facing right) the most because it is easy as hell to go up and have them jump.

You will probably notice that you do random jumps a lot. That's the analog at work. I play on the D-pad, much more accuracy.

mr. puppy

Banned
Dahbomb said:
From the description it seemed more like Tron's assist is less OP, not useless. It was never completely invulnerable but now it's going to be slightly more punishable. And I don't know if we should be continuing this discussion as it's still unconfirmed if it's real or not.

I sent EventHub an email about this, hopefully we can get a reply soon.

tron is like EX-messiah kick stupidly good right now, it get you out of rushdown so well b/c of the great priority and how hard it is to punish. take that away, and she's just a really awkward character with great damage but needs to be inside to pull it off.

curious though....does she get more out of level 3 x-factor than most characters? maybe thats why people love anchoring her?

Dahbomb said:
I wouldn't recommend that personally, doing shoryukens on a DS3 analog is hard as hell. You should try to keep your inputs to the bottom right (if facing right) the most because it is easy as hell to go up and have them jump.

You will probably notice that you do random jumps a lot. That's the analog at work. I play on the D-pad, much more accuracy.

I used to use both the D-Pad and the Analog before, but then I resorted to only using the analog since it is less physically-taxing. It seems I might have to do that again unless I want to keep losing...

Dahbomb

She gets a pretty nice X Factor damage boost. She's a mini-Sentinel. 200% damage boost same as Spencer/Wesker.

D-pad hurts at first but you get used to it and your thumb gets a callous formation on its tip. My left thumb is harder than my right one for this reason.

Dahbomb said:
She gets a pretty nice X Factor damage boost. She's a mini-Sentinel. 200% damage boost same as Spencer/Wesker.

WHAT? I had no idea it was that much, I always wondered how my crappy anchor Spencer was winning me matches, the more you know lol

Dahbomb

Just got confirmation from EVENT HUBS that the patch notes are FUCKING FALSE and someone is trolling hardcore.

Event Hubs said:
Hello, someone is trolling. That story didn't go up on the website at any time today (April 10th), someone just created a fake link. Also, Capcom hasn't made a habit of releasing their patch notes, so they're not going to release them to the press to put up.

If Capcom was going to release patch details, it would be about the old patch that nerfed Sentinel's health, but as far as I know, those details won't be published.

It's possible this could change, but my understanding of it is generally Capcom doesn't release patch notes for their fighters, with some very rare exceptions. Anyway, I'd say this is very fake.

Hope this helps.

-Catalyst

Whew... that was a close one.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Tron lockdown + Trish instant overhead =

vrOJDl.jpg

I believe that's what you're supposed to do with a bnb, sir.

I really wish you could save replays in this game :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
haunts said:
errbody needs to post matches of them playing with all the shit talk going around lately.

I'd totally save some of my cooler matches but I have no capture equipment and no desire to get one. A replay mode with a smooth upload to Youtube function would be an awesome feature.

rivals

Lost Fragment said:

I really wish you could save replays in this game :(

Well apparently he's a corner god. And you are fucking trash.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My capture setup is pretty ghetto and I can't play and capture at the same time. I don't need much to be able to play and capture at the same time, I just haven't done it, heh.

I should get that done, though, because it would be nice to be able to upload so more people would be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong/right/etc.

Lost Fragment said:

http://i.imgur.com/vrOJDl.jpg[img]

I really wish you could save replays in this game :([/QUOTE]
I got confused, and I thought he called himself a "corner god."

[quote=Nils]I'd totally save some of my cooler matches but I have no capture equipment and no desire to get one. A replay mode with a smooth upload to Youtube function would be an awesome feature.[/quote]
It's weird that Dissidia (both games) has a feature to not only save replays, but convert them to a format that lets you watch them later on your memory stick or upload to Youtube later. And yet, MvC3 does not.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
My capture setup is pretty ghetto and I can't play and capture at the same time. I don't need much to be able to play and capture at the same time, I just haven't done it, heh.

I should get that done, though, because it would be nice to be able to upload so more people would be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong/right/etc.

ive just been hitting record whenver i play online.. i dunno if i should upload them tho. lmao

haunts

Bacon of Hope
i was doing this "newish" magnus combo, jump C, adf, C, light magnetic blast, land, jump B, C, Light magnetic blast etc etc... does a nice chunk of damage on the front end and carries the other player pretty far.. im likin it..

its like the 3rd or 4th combo in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdgwApy5M4g

mr. puppy said:
i never even bothered to look at that chart before, pretty surprising: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Systems/X_Factor:_XFactor_Power_Ups

this is why I have akuma as my anchor, and sentinel as my 2nd. lmao.

dralla

the magnetic blast input is really awkward. essentially what I do is 1 rep of the 'ghetto rom' than go into the the fierce flight. it takes the person into the corner no matter where you do it if you SJ up/forward on the relaunch. does 505K meterless, 1.5 meter. i posted the exact inputs last week.

my corner combo is a ghetto hyper grav loop. much easier but not nearly as good, but still 515K meterless dmg and 1.5 bars. overall i prefer meter to damage with magnus, I very rarely use his lvl 1 hypers.

You don't know any BnB combos, Q?

That shit looked more like some souffle shit. It took everything I had to avoid smashing something. Still had good games regardless.

:|

haunts

Bacon of Hope
dralla said:
the magnetic blast input is really awkward. essentially what I do is 1 rep of the 'ghetto rom' than go into the the fierce flight. it takes the person into the corner no matter where you do it if you SJ up/forward on the relaunch. does 505K meterless, 1.5 meter. i posted the exact inputs last week.

my corner combo is a ghetto hyper grav loop. much easier but not nearly as good, but still 515K meterless dmg and 1.5 bars. overall i prefer meter to damage with magnus, I very rarely use his lvl 1 hypers.

whast the inputs? i missed the post

Prototype-03 said:
you're not even on >:O
My rank goes like this in terms of usage.

X360>DS lite>PC>Wii>PS3>Dreamcast

I rarely used the damn thing and I'm still trying to shake that bad habit of using it for other things(movies and music). The only multiplayer game I have on the thing in Marvel.

:(

SolarPowered said:

That shit looked more like some souffle shit. It took everything I had to avoid smashing something. Still had good games regardless.

I can play now if you're still down

ReiGun said:
Yeah ggs. It was fun, and after that set, I know for certain I'm sticking with DP/Trish?Dorm.

LOL, and I jacked your corner DP combo. It was so inconsistent especially with big characters.

LakeEarth

I finally started DHC tricking in actual matches (Spencer to Wesker). I can't express enough how awesome having a touch of death combo is.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LakeEarth said:
I finally started DHC tricking in actual matches (Spencer to Wesker). I can't express enough how awesome having a touch of death combo is.

yessss come to the dark side. lmao

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:

No I know all my bnb's it was a joke about how I was dropping them 80% of the time from lag spikes LOL

n3ss

aka acr0nym
LakeEarth said:

I love the Wesker, and Spencer combo, they make such great teammates. One meter I get 650k+, two meters touch of death, or 850k+. Seriously, this team is so mean, but my Spencer sucks fatty balls at the moment.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ranked is making me rage so hard now. Got knocked back all the way to fighter again, just when I felt things were improving. Been fighting nothing but high, first, second etc lords all day, and I often run into the same damn people I was so glad to get a win in only to get utterly destroyed the second time. I was going for 50 wins and then stop for a while and I've been stuck on win 49 in one hell of a losing streak that just won't end.

I'm guessing the quality of the matches improved towards the end?

I just started using a wired connection instead. This should help improve the quality of all my matches from now on.
Nils said:
Ranked is making me rage so hard now. Got knocked back all the way to fighter again, just when I felt things were improving. Been fighting nothing but high, first, second etc lords all day, and I often run into the same damn people I was so glad to get a win in only to get utterly destroyed the second time. I was going for 50 wins and then stop for a while and I've been stuck on win 49 in one hell of a losing streak that just won't end.
Stop playing then.

I've had those losing streaks before and trying to break past them is no use. A situation like that one calls for a nice break from ranked matches and some fun in player matches.
QisTopTier said:
If I was a god of anything it would be god of annoyance and what the fuck.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
I've had those losing streaks before and trying to break past them is no use. A situation like that one calls for a nice break from ranked matches and some fun in player matches.

Just did. After I got that last win. Before I got it I ran into the same guy four times in a row. Was on the road for a OCV the fourth time, then he started superjumping + magnum the whole time and I couldn't counter it for the life of me. In the end he beat me again with a sliver of life. God I was pissed. Will never consider ragequitting but it did get me to the point of standing still when the situation was super desperate, which is something I would never do otherwise.

Guess I need some time in the lab. I can do America's favorite combo fine in training mode, but that and assist use after an aerial combo with Wesker is nowhere near ingrained in my muscle memory yet. Also kept dropping simple MMHS combos with him, getting to the MMH then whiffing the S, and with Taskmaster I kept screwing up my second swing after the launch.

SolarPowered said:
I'm guessing the quality of the matches improved towards the end?

I just started using a wired connection instead. This should help improve the quality of all my matches from now on.

Yes it got better after you got back. It was stuttering so much before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom