• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag said:
Geeze what crawled up your vagina and laid eggs? So salty.

Well to be fair, Haggar isn't that great.

Ultimoo said:
with posts like these, you have no hope in this thread.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Dirtbag

Prototype-03 said:
Well to be fair, Haggar isn't that great.

Well to be fair, wrong or right - his tone and overall smugness was completely unwarranted.

Additionally, tournament players make up such a small chunk of players, I wish they'd realize that. I wish the game could have a pro-mode or something with tweaked balancing because the majority of players are playing the game online aren't pros

Dirtbag said:
Well to be fair, wrong or right - his tone and overall smugness was completely unwarranted.

Additionally, tournament players make up such a small chunk of players, I wish they'd realize that. I wish the game could have a pro-mode or something with tweaked balancing because the majority of players are playing the game online aren't pros

You outright said that Haggar was overpowered. He's not. His only real tool is what you just said... His pipe. Just block it and counter him. Or you can even outzone him if you have zoners. When I use deadpool, I just jump and use his guns while using Ironman's assist. There's nothing Haggar can do. You don't even have to be a pro to do that. If it bothers you so much, try using Haggar and realize how bad he really is.

edit: He's really a low level character like you said. Very high reward for very little play, but that doesn't mean that he's good. You can have a team of Sent/Hulk/Haggar and do okay because that's what they are. I understand your frustration but you're jumping the gun... You have no idea how much I raged against bad sents when they got those hits in but it's not that bad once you understand that you just got to be bait attacks. You just have to be careful and block... It's a totally different approach that ruins my pace because I'm a rushdown guy.

Cels

if i was any good with doom i'd make a team of the pimpest level 3 hypers

magneto - GRAVITY SQUEEZE BWAHAHAHA YOU ARE DEFEATED
doom - the pimp chair, i don't even know what he says but it's a freaking pimp chair
dormammu - DARK DIMENSION -- WELCOME...TO MY REALM.

i just suck with doom and i know i'm not the only one. i find people using him online just for HIDDEN MISSILES (emphasis on the SILES) and pretty much no knowing how to use him at all.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Favorite battle cries/lines in the game:

1- FOOT DIVE!!! - besides being an amazingly slow trolling pimp move, Doom describes to you in every detail EXACTLY what he's doing.

2- SMASH YOU - or MATHEW!!!

3- GRAVITY SQUEEZE...YOU R DEFEATED - everything about that move from concept to voice, so boss

4- BURN TO CINDER!!! - .....Chaotic Flame man

5- LIKE THAT? - rhetorical question

I've always been fond of Dormammu's psychotic "Run...Run....RUUUUUN!!" after he sends out a Stalking Flare. Some good, freaky shit

Thanks a lot for the source image, guys. After looking at that art the only conclusion that I can come to is that they need to make her legs longer for Super MVC3. I don't give a shit if it makes my hitbox larger.

Longer legs>fighting buffs

Dirtbag

Prototype-03 said:
You outright said that Haggar was overpowered. He's not. His only real tool is what you just said... His pipe. Just block it and counter him. Or you can even outzone him if you have zoners. When I use deadpool, I just jump and use his guns while using Ironman's assist. There's nothing Haggar can do. You don't even have to be a pro to do that. If it bothers you so much, try using Haggar and realize how bad he really is.

With assists you can change the way so many characters open up an attack. It's not like a Haggar player just jumps in without something else hitting you, or Tron's flamethrower roasting you if you try to counter it. The range and priority on that pipe just seems unnatural to me, and once he hits his simple combos do some pretty big damage.

Classically speaking, grapplers always struck me as counter-attackers anyway in most games. They have the big health and damage to punish whiffs, not lead an attack charge.. I guess that's what makes Haggars pipe overpowered to me.

Dirtbag said:
With assists you can change the way so many characters open up an attack. It's not like a Haggar player just jumps in without something else hitting you, or Tron's flamethrower roasting you if you try to counter it. The range and priority on that pipe just seems unnatural to me, and once he hits his simple combos do some pretty big damage.

Classically speaking, grapplers always struck me as counter-attackers anyway in most games. They have the big health and damage to punish whiffs, not lead an attack charge.. I guess that's what makes Haggars pipe overpowered to me.

Any character with Tron's assist feels way more overpowered. Haggar can be dangerous with it. Someone like She-Hulk, X-23 and Viper? It's just not fair.

Jill has the most fun combos to type out, it's like playing a rhythm game. LMHxx22S,L(hold)22SH(hold)9(hold), HS, MHxx236M(hold)

Also Thor is the Mighty Troll.

Whiff normals -> MIGHTY PUNISH LOLOLOL

iwyYz.jpg

You just triggered my trap card, young heathen! Learn now, the limits of your mortality!

Solune

Dirtbag said:

Look, I'm sorry about my attitude. But I even asked you to give me an example or explanation as to why you think he needed a nerf. Then it boiled down to his pipe, which is something he NEEDS right now especially to balance out low level play. If you had mentioned assists at any point I would've just dropped the argument because the whole game changes once those are brought to the table.

Marvelous

Played 30+ matches with someone. Good times.
Experimenting with random characters can be fun. I was doing pretty well until I had a team of Wesker, She Hulk and Captain America. I can play with Wesker a bit but wow I can't make anything happen with Captain America lol.

Oh well, I had fun though so it's all good.

LakeEarth

Prototype-03 said:
Any character with Tron's assist feels way more overpowered. Haggar can be dangerous with it. Someone like She-Hulk, X-23 and Viper? It's just not fair.
Yeah, Haggar with Tron and Sentinel assists is pretty damn good.

ReiGun

Cleared out my first lobby ever today. These dudes were mad. One of them managed to random me out with Dark Phoenix, but then I Chaotic Flame'd dat ho next go round. I think that broke their spirits cause after that, everyone was gone. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tiger uppercut said:
when does this come out? also, where's your source?
Confirmed fake already. Rumour came out yesterday, squashed since.

Also, I just noticed your rotating Yeezy avatars now, and was going to commend a brother, but it's a shame now that animated avatars are no longer allowed :'(

God's Beard said:
Jill has the most fun combos to type out, it's like playing a rhythm game. LMHxx22S,L(hold)22SH(hold)9(hold), HS, MHxx236M(hold)

Have you found anything interesting with Jill's repop? She has this weird repop thing that works when you do launch immediate j.H into qcf+m. It still hits and your opponent is in popup state.

Oh, and when you do air S again, it still knocks down the opponent afterwards.

shaowebb

Shout outs to Sixfortyfive for having me over with his crew to learn what MVC3 is really like.

After playing them offline I can REALLY see how different real play is vs online against knowledgeable players.

In one sitting I've learned that
  • I'm not protecting approaches properly
  • I need to study priorities more
  • I need to use more controlled play rather than trying to force people into a combo
  • It's not all about combos, it's all about your setups
  • Learn what you prefer to do the most and plan you're team around setting these things up to work
  • I am not covering Taskmaster's landing strip properly or any other air character's for that matter.
  • I need to practice speed superjumping into dashes, dash cancels and into complex stuff like Tatsu's to control my air approaches better and to be able to handle High level keep aways.
  • That as much as I like rushdown online, I actually do WAY better when trying to simply control space and force them to come to me. It's the only time I did anything that worked against their stuff.

I'm starting to understand something bigger now. I've had only online, and casual players to touch this title with so far and tonight helped a lot. Just from hearing them talk strategies, watching their matches and listen to some actual higher level analysis of moves as they do them I was able to start to predict a few things. Not much yet, but a lot more than I usually did such as when certain assists were most likely to be used and at what ranges characters would begin to start throwing either projectiles or attacks.

I suggest to anyone who has this game that they should try to find some local joint with people who play this title seriously to go to. You'll get far more out of it than training mode or online. Especially since they mentioned that CPU on hardest in training mode wont actually teach you whether or not someone will fall for something in real life since it's pretty much immune to mixups with it's perfect guarding.

It'll teach you how to punish though. I'll be hitting it for that soon to learn priorities and to test setup efficiencies.

Thanks Sixfortyfive. Hopefully work/college will allow for me to do this more often so that I can keep trying to progress.

EDIT: Also in keeping with the earlier conversation one of my favorite cries in the game is "Leave Hulk Alone"! I just find it hilarious that your character yells for them to stop picking on you. He sounds like such an idiot when he says it which is why I love it so much. There there you sweet green retard it'll be okay.

Ferrio

Banned
GGs God's Beard. You really need to follow through with your combos. Also that arthur team setup was not good. Having Arthur on point without a single assist to help him is bad news for arthur.

WHY DO I KEEP HOLDING UP BACK TO BLOCK AHHHHHHHHH

MY JILL IS SO FREE

I only did like two cool things tonight ;_;

Prototype-03 said:
Have you found anything interesting with Jill's repop? She has this weird repop thing that works when you do launch immediate j.H into qcf+m. It still hits and your opponent is in popup state.

Oh, and when you do air S again, it still knocks down the opponent afterwards.

That's just because her knee dive ground bounces airborne opponents. Sometimes I use it to hit confirm the hyper after an OTG, but otherwise I like to use the ground bounce to extend the combo elsewhere.

Oh wait, if you S after the ground bounce, it does an untechable knockdown?

Ultimoo said:
let's take bets on when God's Beard drops his old team for a new team! :D

:/ It's not my team's fault for sucking, it's me. I have so many execution errors it's stupid. The main things are jumping when I try to mighty hurricane after a tridash and not being able to hyper after x-factor properly.

That, and most of the characters in my current teams are ones that I didn't learn in training mode, so i have no good combos ;_; Poor sentinel/doom/arthur/morrigan...

Ferrio said:
GGs God's Beard. You really need to follow through with your combos. Also that arthur team setup was not good. Having Arthur on point without a single assist to help him is bad news for arthur.

Yeah, but my new characters are non-training ones... and if I go back into training mode I'll never come out :-(
That arthur one was me being frustrated with my ass Jill...

The MODOK/Captain America/Chun team I used for the last match was real, even if I've never actually used it before. I'd been thinking about MODOK lately. I kinda want a Viewtiful Joe/MODOK/Deadpool team.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Attended a local scene tournament of around 20-25 doods today. I literally have had no time to play the game since I've been working like mad on videos/full time job too.

Was starting to think I'm not really that good and having doubts about me making videos of this nature. So I decided to take a break and hit up this guys place for a tournament.

Long story short, I end up winning! Came back from losers too. Lotta fun and it restored my confidence a little. Should have the videos available for a later episode of Online Warrior.

Now...back to editing this friggin Dr. Doom video D:

Neki

LeMaximilian said:
Attended a local scene tournament of around 20-25 doods today. I literally have had no time to play the game since I've been working like mad on videos/full time job too.

Was starting to think I'm not really that good and having doubts about me making videos of this nature. So I decided to take a break and hit up this guys place for a tournament.

Long story short, I end up winning! Came back from losers too. Lotta fun and it restored my confidence a little. Should have the videos available for a later episode of Online Warrior.

you should use clockwork technology, his doom is amazing.

God's Beard said:
Oh wait, if you S after the ground bounce, it does an untechable knockdown?

Yeah, it's weird... Haven't really tested it out. I don't think Jill is for me.

edit: Any gaffers in the LA area that maybe wants to meet up for local fights? Online fights are getting to me and it's getting really frustrating.

shaowebb

LeMaximilian said:

Godspeed Mr. Cage.

DOOM IS SO COOL.

He's one of my best characters and I don't even know how to use him. One of the few characters I can kinda fight she-hulk with...

I'm still salty about the match I lost because I accidentally raw tagged :-(

God's Beard said:
DOOM IS SO COOL.

He's one of my best characters and I don't even know how to use him. One of the few characters I can kinda fight she-hulk with...

Yo, I added you on PSN if you want to run some matches... Would like to see your Jill technology.

Neki

God's Beard said:
DOOM IS SO COOL.

doom is cool, but I have no idea how to open up anyone with him. foot dive into mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Ultimoo said:
doom is cool, but I have no idea how to open up anyone with him. foot dive into mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

FOOT DIVE DASH CANCEL DOWN AND HIT LOW LIKE A MOFO

SPHERE FLAME X-FACTOR TRIDASH DANCE

X-FACTOR BLOCK STUN LEVEL THREE AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAH

Prototype-03 said:
Yo, I added you on PSN if you want to run some matches... Would like to see your Jill technology.

If you want to see it, you pretty much have to let me do it, cause I sure as hell can't hit anybody lol

Ferrio

Banned
God's Beard said:
DOOM IS SO COOL.

The foot dive with him vs shehulk at the distance you were doing is a bad idea. Pretty much a free air grab super on you as long as I'm not retarded. Or a kara H into air grab.

Ferrio said:
The foot dive with him vs shehulk at the distance you were doing is a bad idea. Pretty much a free air grab super on you as long as I'm not retarded. Or a kara H into air grab.

Oh I know... but I keep doing it for some reason. In between matches I kept thinking, "why aren't I tridashing?", then the match starts and I'm all FOOT DIVE YEEE HAAAWWW

Also, I hate She Hulk's air grab.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
God's Beard said:
DOOM IS SO COOL.

I'm with you G Beard. To be honest, he's probably my favorite character in the game. He's rough to use at first, but if you dedicate time to wrapping your head around how he works...the rewards are insane.

LeMaximilian said:
I'm with you G Beard. To be honest, he's probably my favorite character in the game. He's rough to use at first, but if you dedicate time to wrapping your head around how he works...the rewards are insane.

Yeah, he's the only character in the game who has a top tier assistS and the actual character is top tier himself.

Neki

Prototype-03 said:
Yeah, he's the only character in the game who has a top tier assistS and the actual character is top tier himself.
That's because Wesker doesn't need assists, he only needs his gun.

Prototype-03 said:
Why not? All my combos look bad with her.

This is the basic combo I use for Jill/Thor/Doom, I'm still working on it, though:

LMH(FC), Low Sweep(FC), Flash Kick(jump cancel), jMHS, jMMHS, MH xx Cartwheel Kick, Low Sweep xx S+A1(hidden missiles), jMMHS(slowly), Missiles OTG, Raven Spike DHC Mighty Punish, jMH xx Air Mighty Strike M, H xx Mighty Smash M, 2HS, jMMHS, Mighty Smash H

I think I typed that out right, but it should kill every character, does something like 1.3 mill I think?

Prototype-03 said:

What about Magneto's Hyper Grav? Shit's amazing.

God's Beard said:
What about Magneto's Hyper Grav? Shit's amazing.

Ultimoo said:
That's because Wesker doesn't need assists, he only needs his gun.

OK, maybe I haven't thought about this through but Doom's is definitely the most annoying and being a top tier character.

Also, does anyone want to play for about 30 mins?

smurfx

get some go again
Ferrio said:
Hit 4th lord, sudden jump in competition is pretty insane. Getting dominated pretty hard now hah.
still working on getting down to 5th lord. every time i'm getting close i lose a few go back down. doesn't help that every time i start up the game it takes me a while to get warmed up and i end up losing a few matches at the beginning of every session. oh yeah and i still hate sentinel with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom