• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grecco said:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/mar/31/zero-marvel-vs-capcom-3-combo-video-psychoci2ushei2/

this is like the best Zero video there is. Ive watched it easily 20-30 times already. Explains the whole Air S thing
Dang, I've only watched it maybe 10 times. I generally don't have a problem connecting the Rekkoha; it's connecting the j.S that sometimes gives me trouble cause the opponent ends up too far above Zero's head. I might need to delay before jumping like Solune suggested.

You do realize me and my wife made that image don't you? It was originally posted in a thread I made honoring the old cartoon show and posted here on Neogaf.

EDIT:Found it! Ah memories. Makes me want megaman in my Marvel again
I salute you sir, for I have used that image many times...

shaowebb

Karsticles said:
I salute you sir, for I have used that image many times...
Yeah it's kind of weird to see something like this posted all over the internet so much after 3 years and receiving photoshops and such.

It's been pretty successful and it still makes me laugh when I see it reposted.

Hmmm...derp Mega Man DLC. I'd buy that. Complete with Ruby Spears studio quality animation during moves (random size changes, random color changes, shrinking limbs, vacant stares, Plasma power doing everything from exploding, to ricocheting, to producing kinetic force to melting shit)

Let do this Capcom!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
.....It's all one hit that pops them in the air and juggle till dead ...... Metagame is as simple as "how do i put them in the air to start juggling bullshit?"

Hey man if you don't like Marvel you don't have to play it.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
There's nothing wrong with 2D1C, it's just not a good use of it to OTG. You'll miss most of the damage it can potentially do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pw6SO5bkG0

If you OTG with it, you just get the spike and a few stray fireballs hitting, at best. 2D1C can potentially give Dormammu a full bar of meter, while dealing ~250K damage. If you just want to OTG, then use 3D0C or 1D2C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBFAUyaswsI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csplNyTeL2c
Hellz yeah this is what I am talking about. Liberation combos up in this bitch!

Dormammu is one BOSS mutha fucker! Also X Factor before the Hellfire = dead character. Seriously it's fucking ridiculous, that shit is doing like 500K damage all by itself or something. Best part is you gain almost an entire meter with that shit so you can do more Stalking Flare shenanigans.

Also the combo compilation by that Psycho guy (same guy who did the Zero combo compilation) has a nice one on Dormammu too which I x-copied into my game.

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
Hey man if you don't like Marvel you don't have to play it.

Marvel's air game wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about MK. In Marvel I can hit directional S fall out pretty easily, and enjoy the damage scaling making it survivable in a lot of cases.

I don't like Mortal Kombat or any other fighter where once you bounce it's like a person has time to go make a cup of coffee come back tap any random attack and still keep you in combo air bouncing.

I like my fighters more SNK, Capcom, or Arc System Works style ( though I don't like insta kills in fighters) than like Tekken or Mortal Kombat. Especially MK because its character models and themes seem so 14 year old mindset of EXTREEEEEME that it just comes across as pathetically lame for trying so hard to hook me.

I also don't trust Midway to balance anything and if they're only just now learning how to make games that allow for combos that aren't pre programmed then they are way too dense. In MVC games and SNK I can dial in whatever I want and discover hundreds of ways to link various situations and moves. I remember playing the MK that introduced the blind guy and the only combos were sequences they programmed in and you couldn't create anything else.

Really?

Anyhow this is a MVC3 thread, and I think I'm done being offtopic for so long.

Dahbomb

Oh ohs Mike Ross with DAT DHC Glitch level up.

That Spider Man dude was fucking LEGIT. Too bad he didn't use the UWT reset but he had skills for sure.

shaowebb said:
I like my fighters more SNK, Capcom, or Arc System Works style ( though I don't like insta kills in fighters) than like Tekken or Mortal Kombat. Especially MK because its character models and themes seem so 14 year old mindset of EXTREEEEEME that it just comes across as pathetically lame for trying so hard to hook me.

Not to ruin your parade, but BBCS has hella long combos and so does MvC3. MvC3 also has insta kill combos.

QisTopTier said:
If you don't like King of Fighters DON'T PLAY IT!

wrong game

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
If you don't like King of Fighters DON'T PLAY IT!

Unfortunately no one ever will again :(

(The company went through a merger recently and stated that they were only going to do license titles from now on and were moving away from fighters entirely, though I think We're still supposed to get a KOF 13 port from the arcade game they made)

Prototype-03 said:
Not to ruin your parade, but BBCS has hella long combos and so does MvC3. MvC3 also has insta kill combos.

wrong game

I know BBCS has long combos. I never knocked it I was knocking MK. Arc System works style stuff does indeed Include Blaz Blue, and insta kill COMBOS aren't the same as insta kill MOVES.

Yes I know about the finishing moves in games like these like in Guilty Gear, but I don't use them. They don't promote much in a fight and ruin the flow of a match worse than a smash ball in a brawl matchup.

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
If you don't like Guilty Gear don't play it!

Ok I'll stop the joke now with PRETTY MUCH EVERY FIGHTER THAT'S NOT STREET FIGHTER HAS LONG STUPID JUGGLE STUFF NOW

I can live with that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
Yes I know about the finishing moves in games like these like in Guilty Gear, but I don't use them. They don't promote much in a fight and ruin the flow of a match worse than a smash ball in a brawl matchup.
You must play mad low level GG if you think instant kills have any use outside of a few characters using them after a dizzy

Edit: If someone activates an IK mid match. I just fucking laugh true story. If you got hit with one well...

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
You must play mad low level GG if you think instant kills have any use outside of a few characters using them after a dizzy

Edit: If someone activates an IK mid match. I just fucking laugh true story.

I do the same. I just hate someone getting a dizzy and deciding that it should be over. I dizzy you I use a combo and punish you like someone who has earned the right to kill you if they can keep the combo going, not like someone who decides they would rather just be lazy and troll you with a finishing move. If I drop my combo it should cost me, but I shouldn't be able to just kill you in one move no matter what.

I play Ky Kiske you know the combo.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
I play Ky Kiske you know the combo.

Nope never ever seen a ky full dizzy combo even in sbo level matches. Unless you mean something off a full guard meter. Then eh the whole cast can do that just about. *actually most of them can just fucking kill you*

edit: LOL with that mentality I wouldn't really suggest fighting games xD

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
Nope never ever seen a ky full dizzy combo even in sbo level matches. Unless you mean something off a full guard meter. Then eh the whole cast can do that just about. *actually most of them can just fucking kill you*

Its a fun game for combos. I use the Vapor thrust loops a lot with Ky and do the nice stuff of hitting them overhead during a crouch and then kicking them in the face ad infinitum. Plus the series has some of the best music ever.

Can we get back on topic now?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
QisTopTier said:

That's pretty elitist. People can enjoy games without being good at them. (Not to imply that anyone here is bad at games)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GuardianE said:
That's pretty elitist. People can enjoy games without being good at them. (Not to imply that anyone here is bad at games)
Actually from the sound of it, he is at least above average at the game and knows his stuff, had nothing to do with being bad at the game. *going by the second post, first post made me face palm*

Dahbomb said:
Man Japanese MVC3 technology is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mi9tzDxJBdo

VJ Team combo video

lololol that last combo was fucking LOLOLOL

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ultimoo said:
q is a pretty elite troll, you must admit. what ever happened to that PS3 tourney? lol.

QisTopTier said:
Actually from the sound of it, he is at least above average at the game and knows his stuff, had nothing to do with being bad at the game. *going by the second post, first post made me face palm*

I'm sure I'm just taking it too seriously, but I just don't see why anyone would want to discourage another from playing any fighting games. It's a pretty tough learning curve for most people that didn't grow up with them, and a casual base is an absolute necessity for the genre to survive/grow.

Dahbomb

LOL Justin Wong just got MK9 and he already doing some crazy shit in the game.

There is a JWong interview up on SRK as well but it's more SSF4 stuff (his Dan match against Air).

Neki

GuardianE said:
I'm sure I'm just taking it too seriously, but I just don't see why anyone would want to discourage another from playing any fighting games. It's a pretty tough learning curve for most people that didn't grow up with them, and a casual base is an absolute necessity for the genre to survive/grow.
Like I said, take everything q says with a grain of salt. he's probably not too serious, he's just a little rough around the edges. that's why I think his avatar and him playing taskmaster suits him perfectly, it's like a reflection of himself in taskmaster. :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GuardianE said:
You are, I was pretty much saying trying to get a fight over with victory the best most efficient way possible should be the goal extending something out at the risk of "having a bit more fun" Doesn't really help you improve. It's kinda like marn taunting then getting owned afterward LOL

Trust me though I have nothing against newer players or people wanting to learn a game, hell I'll gladly play them and hold back and repeat what I do over and over til they get used to it and learn how to fight against it. Which is why I said what I said yesterday about percentages and stuff.

GuardianE said:

I'm actually new blood. Obviously I'm nowhere his level but I'm above average. I just studied a hell of a lot... Especially by getting my hands dirty and getting my ass whooped a million times before understanding it. That and watching a LOT of tourneys. Except from James Chen... He makes the most obvious comment that I knew from day 1.

Also, I strongly encourage everyone to lose a thousand times because that is the fastest way to learn. It's the same reason why I would play someone even if they lose 20 in a row even if they don't think they understand why. Ask Q... He'll tell you how many times I had to lose in MvC3 and how much I cried about how the system doesn't make sense until one day it clicked. I'll also play someone even if I lose 20 matches in a row because if I'm losing that badly, there must be a reason why and I'm trying to figure out... even if it gets me frustrated.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
I'm actually new blood. Obviously I'm nowhere his level but I'm above average. I just studied a hell of a lot... Especially by getting my hands dirty and getting my ass whooped a million times before understanding it. That and watching a LOT of tourneys. Except from James Chen... He makes the most obvious comment that I knew from day 1.
You're basically my apprentice
I'm not good enough for that though

:lol But yeah proto barely started with sf4, didn't take it to seriously til bb came out. So that's about how long his fighting game roots go for 2d fighters.

Prototype-03 said:
Also, I strongly encourage everyone to lose a thousand times because that is the fastest way to learn. It's the same reason why I would play someone even if they lose 20 in a row even if they don't think they understand why. Ask Q... He'll tell you how many times I had to lose in MvC3 and how much I cried about how the system doesn't make sense until one day it clicked. I'll also play someone even if I lose 20 matches in a row because if I'm losing that badly, there must be a reason why and I'm trying to figure out... even if it gets me frustrated.

Sadly this is what most people lack, although the people I've been playing lately have improved about it :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Prototype-03 said:

Yes, losing is definitely the best way to get better.

I get very frustrated when getting my ass whooped, but I don't give up and I always appreciate the ass beating to learn from my mistakes. I haven't faced anyone that has completely overwhelmed me in a set of Marvel3 yet, though. Guess I've gotta hit 4th Lord first. :)

Dahbomb

Man some really sick VJ play, using an assist to continue the combo while tossing out the Shocking Pink bomb and using the Slow super. As soon as the super ends, they get detonated which essentially continues the combo and VJ can either continue the combo himself or DHC into his teammate (hell even raw tag combo is possible).

A lot of DHC glitch exploits involved as well.

Double slow combo was nice as hell.

Neki

Oldschoolgamer said:
Wtf @ that last combo. hahahaha
someone needs to GIF that last combo asap, hilarious, LOL. from the spencer dhc to when it runs out, lol.

QisTopTier said:
Stupid fact: Ammy and Sent have the same air juggle properties..... LOL

what this mean

I should play SF4 with AE coming out, is it easier than Marvel? :D
Much easier because it's much slower, but you also have to be able to switch your mindset. Personally, I would find it difficult to not have an air block after playing Marvel for so long.

Grecco

Parallax Scroll said:
Dang, I've only watched it maybe 10 times. I generally don't have a problem connecting the Rekkoha; it's connecting the j.S that sometimes gives me trouble cause the opponent ends up too far above Zero's head. I might need to delay before jumping like Solune suggested.

Id be curious to see why you whif the JS it has crazy range. Are you sure you are doing 2 M and 1 H in the air? sometimes that messes it up

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
New events. Basically the same as the last two but for the Marvel side.

Neki

Karsticles said:
Much easier because it's much slower, but you also have to be able to switch your mindset. Personally, I would find it difficult to not have an air block after playing Marvel for so long.
wat, no air blocking? but that means I'll have to actually learn how to block high low mix ups, noooooooooo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:

Even though it's easier to keep track of stuff since it's slower, one issue I imagine someone having when going from MvC3 -> SSFIV is getting comfortable controlling such a slower, less mobile character. I think it would take some time to adjust to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom