• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Heheh, I didn't know that Fatal Claw was a physical, and very counterable, hit. There should be a list of what specials/Hypers can be countered. I'm pretty sure most level 3's can... which means you could bait out a level 3 Hyper and DHC into a counter Hyper.

Dahbomb

GuardianE said:
Heheh, I didn't know that Fatal Claw was a physical, and very counterable, hit. There should be a list of what specials/Hypers can be countered. I'm pretty sure most level 3's can... which means you could bait out a level 3 Hyper and DHC into a counter Hyper.
I was gonna make a list of it over the weekend but I have exams coming up. All hypers that Task/Wesker can counter (and I guess Deadpool too).

Maybe there is already a list of it on the Taskmaster/Wesker forums on SRK.

Found it:

http://shoryuken.com/f381/copy-taskmaster-thread-262554/index33.html#post10310515

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Grecco said:
Deadpool can yes, and in a very sexy way

Also Amateratsu.

Yeah, I already know about some of the weirder ones, like Hulk's Gamma Crush and Skrull Torch. Fatal Claw just seemed like an obvious projectile, but it's clearly not. :p

Solune

Parallax Scroll said:
It'll drop both characters? Hmm. Does Zero have a nice go-to combo for hitting 2 characters? Besides just going "oh shit I have two characters LEVEL THREE"

I've noticed that launch, delay, jump, then quickly hit magic series helps a lot for certain characters. I'll practice that some more with Zero.
Yes, both characters drop out. If you have buster charged I would do M, M Buster, into Raikousen (DP in air/ Lightning slash move) or you can M, M , Buster Tele down and relaunch into M, M, Sentsuisen (QCF in air) into Rekkouha. If you time it right though you can just M, M, H into 2 hits and delay it slightly and Hit S and still be able to hit into rekkouha.

Dahbomb

All of Wolverine (except Charge because it doesn't even hit), X-23 and all of Captain America's hypers are counterable.

Most LVL3s are counterable which is where you get the most bang for the buck.

Oh and this is interesting, Hsien-Ko's Tenraiha is counterable if you counter the weight that she drops on you.

From my experience, you don't want to be too counter happy because counters can easily be countered with DHCs. But again, you can't DHC out of a LVL3.

Neki

tag-you-re-it-o.gif

gifsoup is so bad when you're not premium, lol.

Dahbomb

_dementia said:
I'm at work, so I can't listen. What's in that track that Max posted?
Remixed tracks of the most awesome 80s/90s action/BRO movies.

First one is Push it to the Limit Scarface and 2nd is Danger Zone Top Gun. That's how far I got into when I said "it DELIVERS!".

DR2K

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I should play SF4 with AE coming out, is it easier than Marvel? :D

No not even close. Especially since you're going from MVC3. Convoluted frame intensive combos that aren't even worth much, way more defensive, very match up intensive, shitty short cut input system, etc. . .

hitsugi

DR2K said:
No not even close. Especially since you're going from MVC3. Convoluted frame intensive combos that aren't even worth much, way more defensive, very match up intensive, shitty short cut input system, etc. . .
Ordinarily I'd say the solution to all of those is "pick Honda", but in AE's case we can solve it by saying pick Yun.

Just spam dive kick and c.MP all day until something hits, and when it does, resume pressing c.MP until they're too far, then you do s.MP into lunge punch / up kicks and go back to step 1. If you have super meter, save it to win the following round for free.

It's not quite that easy but you'll beat a lot of bad and maybe even decent players with something similar to that.

Dahbomb

I find SSF4 much harder than MVC3. Aside from the speed, SSF4 is fairly demanding. I guess it's because everything in MVC3 is easy to execute at a base level and as long as you have the speed you can do generally everything in the game. So much frame links stuff in SF4, FADC mix ups, character match ups, charge moves (I hate charge moves and charge characters), plinks... you put so much effort into it and get so little out of it.

That said I find it easier to win in SSF4, mostly because the opponent is usually in the same situation as you and as long as you have some BnB links you can win if you have a good fighting game mind. If you have a good game play in SSF4 you can win because you have to make a lot of mistakes to lose a round.

In MVC3 you make a mistake and you might lose 2 characters. But it's also WAY easier to come back in MVC3. In SSF4, aside from a comeback with Ultras, it's really hard because you have to do a lot of mix ups and mind games to make up the health deficit. In MVC3 it's usually 1 or 2 mix ups to a character death.

I play Ken and Cammy in SSF4.

Neki

DR2K said:
What's wrong with the shortcut system? Shouldn't it be helpful?

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
Not for me. Before playing SF4 I was used to doing a dragon punch the NORMAL way which was forward, down, down+forward on a d-pad. Then they included the d/f, d/f nonsense for a dragon punch and it caused a lot of headaches.

There is a reason why people spam Shoryukens in SF4 when they start out because if you just mash the pad you will get a DP motion 9/10.

Don't even get me started on plinks although that is more of a necessity if you wanna do some of the frame link stuff.

If you wanna play SSF4 seriously play it, it's a superlative fighting game.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Haha. Last hit rage quit while eye of the tiger was on that first Blood Bros mix. This shit is obviously working.

DR2K

Banned
Ultimoo said:

That was the purpose, but it allows for more input mistakes than anything else. Ultra, ex move, or teleport; srk or qcf motion? Input system doesn't care.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
LeMaximilian said:
The first one is probably better than the second.

I wasted the second one on training mode primarily. So I figured I'd boot up the first one for the normal matchmaking. Sent the guy an "it's the eye of the tiger, the thrill of the fight" message right afterwards. Got a nice "K ROCKY FAG" message back.

I'm liking the first a bit better so far, but both are excellent hype up mixes.

DAMMIT how could I lose during Now You're A Man? :/

Solune

Prototype-03 said:
But the SPD thing works for all fighters. The SF4 shortcuts (df, df as DP motion) was pretty bad.
Forward, Back, Forward or Back Forward Back whatever it is + Kick = Flame kick with Feilong.How in the world did someone think that was a good idea when it's not even close to reverse dp we will never know. When you're trying to play footsies, this is annoying as all fucken hell.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
No reason not to play, what did proto just get done saying -.-
I still don't know how you hit confirm when we have 1 second input lag when we play each other, ridiculous I lose Ammy every time you touch me once. D:

QisTopTier said:
No reason not to play, what did proto just get done saying -.-

Seriously, when he starts trolling you, you go, OKAY I GOTTA GET BETTER. Once you do, you start losing to him because he gets serious.

feelsgood.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You can have more than 1 flame carpet out if you cancel a normal into it on block.Dont know if this has any use(maybe for unblockables).

Any truth to this? I can't really try it out in the lab myself, atm.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
*listens to blood brothers 1*
*activates chaos dimension*
"YOU GOT THE TOUCHHH"
*grabs*
"YOU GOT THE POWERRRRR"

*LAUGHS FOR THE NEXT 5 MINUTES*

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think the whole "SF4 combos are harder than MVC3 combos" thing is kind of a myth. Like if MVC3 combos were that much easier to execute, why do I still constantly see people dropping stuff?

Stringing moves together is easier, but on the other hand, there are a lot more pieces to combos in MVC3 so you have a lot more windows to fuck things up. Like it might be harder to link together 3 or 4 different normals in SF4, but combos in MVC3 usually consist of a lot more than that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lost Fragment said:
I think the whole "SF4 combos are harder than MVC3 combos" thing is kind of a myth. Like if MVC3 combos were that much easier to execute, why do I still constantly see people dropping stuff?

Stringing moves together is easier, but on the other hand, there are a lot more pieces to combos in MVC3 so you have a lot more windows to fuck things up. Like it might be harder to link together 3 or 4 different normals in SF4, but combos in MVC3 usually consist of a lot more than that.

Let the SF4 buffs feel special damn it *yes the combos overall in mvc3 are harder in higher level*

smurfx

get some go again
wish i could fight qistoptier and compare taskmasters. the other day i had 3 loses in a row thanks to shitty lag. if that is what most of the people complaining about the lag in the game experience then i'm very sorry for doubting you. i usually play lag free but that shit was frustrating. you can't even exit the game since you get penalized.

Neki

You still playing Q? Also, I watched Ryan Hunter on Option Select a while ago do a 100% on Skrull with Dante, was pretty as hell. (used the dhc glitch though :p)

kirblar

Lost Fragment said:

It's not that. It's that the combo system in SF4 even the most basic combos requires incredibly strict timing that's incredibly off-putting to new players. In MvC3 anyone can get basic combos going.

The big reason you see stuff dropped is because character hitboxes vary a ton. Screen positioning for some combos is also very strict, and if you mis-time or are too far/close to a character, you can whiff a BnB that you started from less-than optimal position. It's why it's so hard to really punish someone after knocking them out of the without using a relaunch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
You still playing Q? Also, I watched Ryan Hunter on Option Select a while ago do a 100% on Skrull with Dante, was pretty as hell. (used the dhc glitch though :p)
I'll be up for some in like 30 minutes

smurfx said:
wish i could fight qistoptier and compare taskmasters.
Just imagine playing a douchebag that likes to be annoying.

I'll be home in about an hour and a half too so if anyone wants to play, let me know.

Although, I want to test out spiderman/thor/sent so maybe a little bit longer.

Parallax Scroll said:
You beat me using a stock 360 pad? D:

Interestingly, I played some lobby matches with a friend last night, and went 12-6 against him even though his combo execution was much better than mine. Once he caught Zero or Ammy in a combo he could often kill them outright. I rely on shorter combos and my only reliable way to 100% kill is with Zero (X-factor and/or DHC after Rekkoha).

And I have now experienced the joy of using Ammy vs. Sentinel. That is one frozen-ass robot now.
I stopped using the 360 analog since I wore it out when I used to play BlazBlue. I guess it works pretty well for me. It's really more about the buttons than anything else, really

Oh, and Sent definitely takes a backseat to Ammy. It was not as apparent at first since Sentinel had the top tier aura and high health, but the illusion is broken and you no longer need crazy advanced combos to make it break a sweat(break half of it's health for example).
Solune said:
LOL I had the same reaction when Solarpowered said he uses a OG 360 D pad, I still don't believe it.
I'd love it if I could play PS3 folks using a 360 pad. I bet there would be quite a few interesting matches.
smurfx said:
lol then i can imagine fighting myself because my taskmaster if very annoying and cheap.
You play on the 360, right? You up for some games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom