• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I stopped using the 360 analog since I wore it out when I used to play BlazBlue. I guess it works pretty well for me. It's really more about the buttons than anything else, really

Oh, and Sent definitely takes a backseat to Ammy. It was not as apparent at first since Sentinel had the top tier aura and high health, but the illusion is broken and you no longer need crazy advanced combos to make it break a sweat(break half of it's health for example).

I'd love it if I could play PS3 folks using a 360 pad. I bet there would be quite a few interesting matches.

You play on the 360, right? You up for some games?
yeah i'll play you if you are still around. just had 2 very laggy ranked matches that i lost. he was a 2nd lord but i know i could have beaten him if not for the stupid lag.

smurfx

get some go again
omg solarpowered just whipped my ass hard. could not deal with his hsien ko and damn ammy. crap i really need to get my shit in gear. kept thinking i was blocking his hsien ko and his damn hit would get through and then it was juggle to freaking special all the time. :( lol give me a week solar and then let me have a rematch.

Ultimoo said:
q has felt the power of XF3 sent. that is all.
You know what that silence from Q means? It means you won't be playing this game much longer. :p
smurfx said:
omg solarpowered just whipped my ass hard. could not deal with his hsien ko and damn ammy. crap i really need to get my shit in gear. kept thinking i was blocking his hsien ko and his damn hit would get through and then it was juggle to freaking special all the time. :( lol give me a week solar and then let me have a rematch.
We had some close matches early on and I swear that the game stole a win from me when I made it through your level 3 Zero hyper with Morrigan's level 3. The timer hit zero at that moment and I would have easily won if it connected. Your Haggar also made winning an exercise in frustration at first. I had to play it really safe and I know you lost a match that I could have sworn was yours.

Good games

Edit: I also forgot to mention something else. You DO NOT want to fight Q. You especially do not want to fight his shuma. It's like Hsien-Ko grew eight arms and lost her depth perception and her arms are smacking you in five different places.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whoa after that new Marvelous Adventures it's clear that Ross has done some soul searching and got a LOT better. Hot damn at those setups in practice.

Neki

still hate q

still hate q

still hate q

....still hate q....

how am I supposed to beat shuma who is always spamming moves above me? seems like he has impossible reach. ;o

Neki

The Int3rsect said:
I'm thinking about adding Jill to the team. It'd be Zero/Jill/Ammy. Thoughts?
your team looks squishy as hell. if you're okay with that, seems like good rushdown. ammy is a pretty good assist for Zero/Jill but Tron/Sent/Doom might be better.

I don't play the game much but I decided to try out Arthur/Morrigan/Shuma and found it worked pretty well for me.

I just keep Arthur in golden state as much as possible while charging with Morrigan's assist and bring out the Shuma beam when I need to.

I find Morrigan's assist works amazing with Shuma because that way he can chaos dimension all day, which kills a lot of characters outright.

The team doesn't have a lot of good combos, but the safe DHC is strong. Plus, I'm not that good at this game and it allows me to play super lame and win.

Dahbomb

OH man Josh Wong leveled up his Dante game even more!

Hit confirming into a combo with Air Guitar? GTFO!

Really supporting my theory that Dante is at an advantage fighting against Ammy.

Dahbomb

Sorry for the double post but I had to say it.

QisTopTier's anti-Phoenix video got a mention from Clockw0rk in the latest Shoryuken Podcast. Really good stuff in in, especially if you are a Clockw0rk fan.

DukeSharp over at SRK discovered some nice Dormammu/Sentinel synergy; recorded by mossad man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHWBCF_9bc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

There are some other versions in his playlist if you want to see bigger damage come off of it. To my knowledge, this is the only way to combo off of Dark Matter at full screen.

Also, I strongly encourage everyone to lose a thousand times because that is the fastest way to learn. It's the same reason why I would play someone even if they lose 20 in a row even if they don't think they understand why. Ask Q... He'll tell you how many times I had to lose in MvC3 and how much I cried about how the system doesn't make sense until one day it clicked. I'll also play someone even if I lose 20 matches in a row because if I'm losing that badly, there must be a reason why and I'm trying to figure out... even if it gets me frustrated.
It usually takes me about 10 losses in a row before I start to even out against a superior opponent. I'll stick with it unless there's heavy lag or my opponent teabags - I don't care for playing against poor sportsmanship.

wat, no air blocking? but that means I'll have to actually learn how to block high low mix ups, noooooooooo.
Haha, for me, it's more about being able to make a jumping approach while blocking to get in on a lot of characters.

Even though it's easier to keep track of stuff since it's slower, one issue I imagine someone having when going from MvC3 -> SSFIV is getting comfortable controlling such a slower, less mobile character. I think it would take some time to adjust to that.
I can't say from personal experience, but most SSFIV players have said that MvC3 makes them better at SSFIV because it demands better reaction time and higher execution from second to second, so when you go back to SSFIV those heightened skills carry over.

What's wrong with the shortcut system? Shouldn't it be helpful?
Sometimes it messes up your inputs on what you want by trying to "help". Sort of like how F, QCF on MvC3 will give you a DP attack, to "help" you out. This has killed me so many times, and it's dumb. BlazBlue, on the other hand, will give me the Hadoken attack, just like it should.

I still don't know how you hit confirm when we have 1 second input lag when we play each other, ridiculous I lose Ammy every time you touch me once. D:
Where do you live? I have bad lag with Q, but he's WC and I'm EC. So if you have bad lag with him, maybe we'll have good lag together?! Thus far my best connection has been with someone in Maryland (I'm in Michigan).

Just imagine playing a douchebag that likes to be annoying.
That's like the entire MvC3 roster. :-O

I find Morrigan's assist works amazing with Shuma because that way he can chaos dimension all day, which kills a lot of characters outright.
IMO, Shuma really benefits from an assist that helps him get in safely, because once he's in, he can apply a ton of pressure. I imagine Q uses Sentinel Force and Aim Master L, both of which are great. Even just a basic Soul Fist works wonders for him though.

Dahbomb

Should be fixed in the next patch or the patch after that. This is one fucking abusable glitch especially in a zoning Doom team.

I bet Desk has a ton more glitches in the bank and is just slowly releasing them to tease Capcom.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man just hit a breakthrough last night with my Deadpool/Hulk/Wolverine team.

I've only been playing for about two weeks and I feel like I'm at the point where I KNOW what to do in situations, and now my only concern is executing BnB combos.

... this game is moves so fast though I feel like I have the worst defense. I feel like time spent blocking is time spent wasting. I think the biggest difference in this game and SFIV is in that game you spent a lot more time blocking and waiting for mistakes and openings. In this game, it feels like it's all about rushing in and creating openings. I feel like there's ALWAYS a way for you to be attacked so quickly, that if you sit still for too long your opponent will always find a way to get in an attack, which leads to big combos = death.

Still haven't hopped online. Still need to tighten up my situational use of my combos. I went through Arcade Mode on Hard with a few deaths. I want to at least make it through Very Hard before I feel confident enough to try some player matches.

Ultimoo said:
your team looks squishy as hell. if you're okay with that, seems like good rushdown. ammy is a pretty good assist for Zero/Jill but Tron/Sent/Doom might be better.

Yo, ggs yesterday. Sorry we didn't get a lot of games in. I was just getting used to dealing with your ammy and zero too :/

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
CPS2 said:
A new combo video that me and Iso just finished...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRdnOpIuXog
1YGLt.gif

Dahbomb

Today is officially Viewtiful Joe day!

600full-viewtiful-joe-photo.jpg

I saw another one which used Jill/Joe, had some really practical set ups with Jill and using the Joe bomb assist to combo after the throw. It was on SRK but now I can't find it anymore.

jdub03

I never knew this before but I play Viscant pretty frequently in ranked. Thought he was a random high ranked player on live. He beats me most of the time and then taunts after every win. Ranked matches are filled to the brim with douchebaggery. This also happened to me when I went to a detroit tourney and was matched up with wolfekrone for my first fight. He proceded to woop my ass. He dizzied me and then taunted before killing me. This is one of the reasons I've decided against attending tournaments. Too much ego tripping.

jdub03 said:
I never knew this before but I play Viscant pretty frequently in ranked. Thought he was a random high ranked player on live. He beats me most of the time and then taunts after every win. Ranked matches are filled to the brim with douchebaggery. This also happened to me when I went to a detroit tourney and was matched up with wolfekrone for my first fight. He proceded to woop my ass. He dizzied me and then taunted before killing me. This is one of the reasons I've decided against attending tournaments. Too much ego tripping.
Nobody taunts in a tournament match unless:

A. Both players actually know each other.
B. It's 3S cause you get buffs.
C. They're assholes.
D. It's a taunt character like Dan

I would strongly reconsider your decision if you have access to tournaments.

Dahbomb

That last combo was godlike. I mean was that a reset? He put the bomb out, did a really long combo taking almost half life then dropped Cap to the floor, bomb explodes hitting them both (but Joe blocks) and continued the combo.... BUT it reset the counter and he was basically able to finish him.

Someone explain the technology on that because my mind has melted seeing that. If someone could actually land that in a match, it would be the game's first touch of death without using meter, assists, loops/infinites or X Factor.

Dahbomb said:
That last combo was godlike. I mean was that a reset? He put the bomb out, did a really long combo taking almost half life then dropped Cap to the floor, bomb explodes and continued the combo.... BUT it reset the counter and he was basically able to finish him.

Someone explain the technology on that because my mind has melted seeing that.
My guess is that blocking resets the counter. What's weirder is that during the first combo, Spencer blocked a bomb and the counter goes from 100 to 55 hits like it took all of Spencer's hits away. Pretty neat.

I was writing some information for the Sentinel (Partner) section:
"Sentinel's Hard Drive causes spinning knockdown on its 12th (final) hit. After launching an opponent with Dormammu, instead of ending with the usual Purification into Chaotic Flame, consider TACing to Sentinel. From here, air combo into Hard Drive, and then DHC into Stalking Flare on the 12th hit. Done properly, you will have enough time to charge 3 Dark Spells, and Dormammu will be back on point."

While writing this, I had a crazy idea. This is a pretty easy way to get 3 Dark Spells - maybe tools like this could let us make real use of Dormammu's Liberation assist? Here is some theoryfighter:
1) Dormammu launches.
2) TAC into Sentinel.
3) Hard Drive.
4) DHC into Stalking Flare.
5) Charge 3D0C up.
6) Naked tag Sentinel in.

You now have Sentinel backed by 3D0C. Anything your opponent does can be countered/punished by 3D0C, which leads into a full combo for Sentinel, back into Hard Drive, DHCed into Stalking Flare, and thus the process repeats itself.

A lot of characters let Dormammu get 3 Dark Spells off via Stalking Flare DHC; this might open more team possibilities for him, or strengthen current ones.

My guess is that blocking resets the counter. What's weirder is that during the first combo, Spencer blocked a bomb and the counter goes from 100 to 55 hits like it took all of Spencer's hits away. Pretty neat.
I noticed that too. I thought that drop from 100 to 55 was really weird and random. Maybe someone needs to bring this to Desk's attention.

Dahbomb

sonicspear64 said:
1295931306-922593-450x268-1295930574mind-blown.jpg

If what you say is true (as in tossing the bomb out as an assist during a combo resets that characters combo if he blocks it) then Joe got fucking promoted. For reals.

Off topic from VJ a bit: I thought of this coming back from the grocery store today. I think in the future someone is going to come up with a semi trap/lockdown with Dormammu in the future utilizing other lock down assists like Hidden Missiles in conjunction with Hellfire and Stalking Flare. Basically the meter gain from using Hellfire plus the assists and something like Purification towers will build enough (even on block) to use Stalking Flare, build up Dark Spells and then repeat the cycle.

At the very least it will do shit loads of chip damage and keep the opponent pinned down for a really long time until he figures out a way to escape it.

Dahbomb

Off topic from VJ a bit: I thought of this coming back from the grocery store today. I think in the future someone is going to come up with a semi frame trap/lockdown with Dormammu in the future utilizing other lock down assists like Hidden Missiles in conjunction with Hellfire and Stalking Flare. Basically the meter gain from using Hellfire plus the assists and something like Purification will build enough (even on block) to use Stalking Flare, build up Dark Spells and then repeat the cycle.

At the very least it will do shit loads of chip damage and keep the opponent pinned down for a really long time until he figures out a way to escape it.

You honestly don't see people use Liberation arts in a well executed plan. It's normally just the usual stuff of stocking an art or two, then continue playing the normal game and use Big Bang or something else as punishment or block damage. With the all the tools that Dorm has to buy time in conjunction with assist he can potentially create a really nasty lockdown on opponents.

It took Clockwork like 3-4 years to come up with something like that and another couple of years to master it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
sonicspear64 said:
The combo counter jumps around a lot during Morrigan Astral Vision combos too. Never really understood what was up with that.

Off topic from VJ a bit: I thought of this coming back from the grocery store today. I think in the future someone is going to come up with a semi trap/lockdown with Dormammu in the future utilizing other lock down assists like Hidden Missiles in conjunction with Hellfire and Stalking Flare. Basically the meter gain from using Hellfire plus the assists and something like Purification towers will build enough (even on block) to use Stalking Flare, build up Dark Spells and then repeat the cycle.

I already do this against a lot of opponents. You have enough time to charge 2 Dark Spells during 1D2C, so you just need to call an assist that keeps your opponent busy for 35 frames for the Dark Spell, and 27 frames for Hellfire to come down. So basically, Sentinel Force or Hidden Missiles.

Edit: Yes, it can be pretty hard to get out of.
Edit2: I should mention its weakness: 1D2C only covers the midscreen range. If your opponent pushblocks you, they get out.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
I already do this against a lot of opponents. You have enough time to charge 2 Dark Spells during 1D2C, so you just need to call an assist that keeps your opponent busy for 35 frames for the Dark Spell, and 27 frames for Hellfire to come down. So basically, Sentinel Force or Hidden Missiles.
How much meter do you make doing something like that? Seems like you should generate at least one if all the stuff hits right on block. Throwing in Stalking Flares in there would really up the chip damage and more likely the opponent will blow their X Factor.

Also I definitely like your set up to build up spells for Liberation assist. Was thinking of a similar thing with Trish and Round Harvest. You Round Harvest, tag in Dorm, stock spells, tag out back to Trish backed up with Dorm and 3Ds.

Maybe do a combo with Trish, Liberation assist, Round Harvest, tag in Dorm, stock up spells and repeat cycle.

You really need to have it down to a system to make it work. Anytime I try to mess with Dorm and Liberation assist, I get fucked with the constant raw tags.

How much meter do you make doing something like that? Seems like you should generate at least one if all the stuff hits right. Throwing in Stalking Flares in there would really up the chip damage and more likely the opponent will blow their X Factor.
3D0C builds about half a bar, 2D1C builds a full bar (if you make it all hit), and 1D2C builds about 3/4 of a bar against a superjumping opponent; I've never really checked it on the ground, but it builds a good amount.

I'm not big on Stalking Flares because the chip is actually less than Chaotic Flame, so I'll only use them if I want to chip an opponent out with a sliver of life (i.e. it remains for my opponent's next character), I have enough room to cross-up with Mass Change M, or I am willing to burn X-Factor to make it cross-up with Mass Change M. Stalking Flare is very unsafe; slow startup, and getting hit makes it go away. Almost any beam hyper beats it on reaction, projectile invincible hypers beat it, etc. You have to really know your matchup before throwing one out there.

Also I definitely like your set up to build up spells for Liberation assist. Was thinking of a similar thing with Trish and Round Harvest. You Round Harvest, tag in Dorm, stock spells, tag out back to Trish backed up with Dorm and 3Ds.
You could DHC from Round Harvest to Stalking Flare, too. I'm slowly working on building a list of DHCs that let Dormammu build 3 Dark Spells. It's an unfortunately small list, and I wish Dr. Doom's Sphere Flame were on it.

Neki

yeah. ggs proto. your x-23 is good, but your ironman is still pretty weak. deadpool is okay too, but not great. if I usually killed x-23, I had a super high chance of winning.

also, I noticed that Q doesn't really use assists a lot (against me at least). Once I kill his Taskmaster, his Shuma/Sentinel basically go solo without any assist use, I wonder if he does it on purpose. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom