• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
sonicspear64 said:
Nobody taunts in a tournament match unless:

A. Both players actually know each other.
B. It's 3S cause you get buffs.
C. They're assholes.
D. It's a taunt character like Dan

I would strongly reconsider your decision if you have access to tournaments.

I'm C

Ultimoo said:
also, I noticed that Q doesn't really use assists a lot (against me at least). Once I kill his Taskmaster, his Shuma/Sentinel basically go solo without any assist use, I wonder if he does it on purpose. :O

Percentages blah blah blah and stuff. :D

Neki

QisTopTier said:
I'm C

Percentages blah blah blah and stuff. :D

psh whatever, it's not like drones would help with your shuma pressure you jerk. :p honestly I jump to avoid the high-low mixup but you always somehow manage to get me out of it. the same when I tech roll, so ridiculous that I get hit after that. I just have to spam okami shuffle every time you air attack at me (which is 90% of the time)

also, Q killed one of my assists by juggling it infinitely using mystic ray, so lame. D:

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ultimoo said:
psh whatever, it's not like drones would help with your shuma pressure you jerk. :p honestly I jump to avoid the high-low mixup but you always somehow manage to get me out of it. the same when I tech roll, so ridiculous that I get hit after that. I just have to spam okami shuffle every time you air attack at me (which is 90% of the time)

Drones help with everyone's pressure, if for no other reason than they add chip damage, keep you in block stun, obscure your vision, and limit your punish options. Are you getting hit in your pre-jump animations? There are three frames or so of pre-jump animation where you can be hit low.

Neki

GuardianE said:
Drones help with everyone's pressure, if for no other reason than they add chip damage, keep you in block stun, obscure your vision, and limit your punish options. Are you getting hit in your pre-jump animations? There are three frames or so of pre-jump animation where you can be hit low.
most of the time I'm fighting Q's shuma we're both super jumping or he's just using the spike ball attack on me from high up so drones don't add that much. :p yeah I usually get hit like that probably, that explains it. ammy and zero can duck under drones too I think, so it doesn't really help against me that often. I just don't know how to stop shuma's constant air attack spam, I know it's coming but it gets me every time. D:

mr. puppy

Banned
so....has anybody made super skrull work? i never see or play against him online, but i feel like that inferno is a decent enough replacement for Ammy's super that I can try to fit him into my lineup.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
mr. puppy said:
so....has anybody made super skrull work? i never see or play against him online, but i feel like that inferno is a decent enough replacement for Ammy's super that I can try to fit him into my lineup.

I Gotchu Twice has a decent Skrull. The only person I've seen make Skrull work.

Neki

mr. puppy said:
Skrull has a really hard time getting in. His best options are Meteor Smash from full screen or doing that overhead from the air, really. Until he gets better technology, he's pretty weak. His grabs are pretty good though, I forgot who was doing it, but someone managed to rape DP by doing his command grab and then just finishing her off with a super.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ultimoo said:
Skrull has a really hard time getting in. His best options are Meteor Smash from full screen or doing that overhead from the air, really. Until he gets better technology, he's pretty weak. His grabs are pretty good though, I forgot who was doing it, but someone managed to rape DP by doing his command grab and then just finishing her off with a super.

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about Skrull, but IGYT used a lot of airthrows into meteorsmash relaunches and stuffs. I think airthrows are a pretty big part of Skrull's game.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
mr. puppy said:

I did, kept getting mixed up with that meteorite into that I love you ultra. When he is x factor he can be a nightmare! Got reversed ocv a few times when the guy was using him as anchor!

also, Q killed one of my assists by juggling it infinitely using mystic ray, so lame. D:
Highlights of my MvC3 career: infinitely juggling an assist with Shuma's j.S, and infinitely juggling an assist with Purification until my opponent ragequit.

I Gotchu Twice has a decent Skrull. The only person I've seen make Skrull work.
Is that what IGT stands for? I've always wondered.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:

LOL You want me to start using drones more often? Kay. :D

Oh and to stop mystic smash jump up and grab it

Neki

QisTopTier said:
LOL You want me to start using drones more often? Kay. :D

Oh and to stop mystic smash jump up and grab it

go 100% I CAN HANDLE IT.

tag-you-re-it_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

I'll just rape you with one of these. :D

Ohhhhhhh. It's down, down+button.

Not down, down, button.

My moves work a lot better now.

Adam Prime said:
I've only been playing for about two weeks and I feel like I'm at the point where I KNOW what to do in situations, and now my only concern is executing BnB combos.
I'm in a similar boat. If you're on XBL, hit me up if you feel like sparring. GT: ParallaxScroll

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
Ohhhhhhh. It's down, down+button.

Not down, down, button.

My moves work a lot better now.

I'm in a similar boat. If you're on XBL, hit me up if you feel like sparring. GT: ParallaxScroll

You mean when the input asks for down down button, I can do down, down + button and it comes out the same? ;o That'd be so helpful if true. :O

Ultimoo said:
yeah. ggs proto. your x-23 is good, but your ironman is still pretty weak. deadpool is okay too, but not great. if I usually killed x-23, I had a super high chance of winning.

also, I noticed that Q doesn't really use assists a lot (against me at least). Once I kill his Taskmaster, his Shuma/Sentinel basically go solo without any assist use, I wonder if he does it on purpose. :O

Yeah, X-23 has been a staple but deadpool and ironman are new to my team since 2 weeks ago. I've been juggling a lot of teams to try to find the one that matched me.

Ultimoo said:
You mean when the input asks for down down button, I can do down, down + button and it comes out the same? ;o That'd be so helpful if true. :O
I could be wrong, but I think that's actually the intended way to input the move. I've been putting a delay between the second Down and the button(s) for the move (Ammy stance changes, Morrigan super), and often having trouble getting them to come out. If it hit the button(s) at the same time as the second Down, the move comes out no problem.

Grecco said:
Id be curious to see why you whif the JS it has crazy range. Are you sure you are doing 2 M and 1 H in the air? sometimes that messes it up
Yep, I always do M M H (3 hits) S in the air with Zero.

I practiced adding a delay after the launcher, and it increases the height of the air combo and seems to make it more reliable. In the corner, I do:

S, wait, up-forward, M M H (3hits), wait, S. Then land and Rekkoha.

What I would normally do before is jump up-forward at the first possible moment after launching, which doesn't take either character as high into the air. Zero sometimes ends up falling too fast during the 3 hits of j.H, the opponent ends up over his head, and the j.S whiffs.

Outside the corner, adding the delay makes it hard to air combo with a diagonal super jump. Zero ends up going underneath the opponent and drops the air combo. So outside the corner, I think I need to either skip the delay or jump straight up after launch. The problem with jumping straight up is you can sometimes knock them too far away for the Rekkoha to hit. I'm assuming if I add more delay before the final j.S it might fix that.

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
Yep, I always do M M H (3 hits) S in the air with Zero.

I practiced adding a delay after the launcher, and it increases the height of the air combo and seems to make it more reliable. In the corner, I do:

S, wait, up-forward, M M H (3hits), wait, S. Then land and Rekkoha.

What I would normally do before is jump up-forward at the first possible moment after launching, which doesn't take either character as high into the air. Zero sometimes ends up falling too fast during the 3 hits of j.H, the opponent ends up over his head, and the j.S whiffs.

Outside the corner, adding the delay makes it hard to air combo with a diagonal super jump. Zero ends up going underneath the opponent and drops the air combo. So outside the corner, I think I need to either skip the delay or jump straight up after launch. The problem with jumping straight up is you can sometimes knock them too far away for the Rekkoha to hit. I'm assuming if I add more delay before the final j.S it might fix that.

My muscle memory is engrained to always press up immediately after an S, it's really hard to delay a super jump after a launcher sometimes. When I'm XF3 Sentinel, I always whiff combos because I launch then immediately jump, when I should wait half a second and then jump. DAMN THESE HANDS.

Prototype-03 said:
You don't. You suffer. Like this and like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlrgx2Vxj48
Capcom didn't make this Dorm's theme? What were they thinking?

Anyway, I was doing pretty well with Zero/Ammy/Haggar yesterday until I played against Dormammu. His columns fuck me up. I guess a teleporting character would be a good counter pick? How much of a pain can Dante's teleport be for him?

Ultimoo said:
My muscle memory is engrained to always press up immediately after an S, it's really hard to delay a super jump after a launcher sometimes. When I'm XF3 Sentinel, I always whiff combos because I launch then immediately jump, when I should wait half a second and then jump. DAMN THESE HANDS.
Do you play Zero?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Can you put the link? Thanks

btw anyone plays viper? I started working on her game and I love her style! Only problem seems nailing that one frame link cancel after the burn kick... is that even possible? Can't even do it once... forget against someone...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Parallax Scroll said:

Anyway, I was doing pretty well with Zero/Ammy/Haggar yesterday until I played against Dormammu. His columns fuck me up. I guess a teleporting character would be a good counter pick? How much of a pain can Dante's teleport be for him?

Ammy should eat Dorm alive, Zero too, you only need to get in once. With meter, both can punish Dorm's keep-away. Dorm's moves are very slow, aside from his j.m, you'll beat em out 90% of the time. His teleport is not the fastest, you can relyably punish on reaction.

I do understand the danger and the trouble both may have going in, but the reward is very high.

plus you have Haggar(assuming lariat assist)? you can make flame carpet usless

edit: live from St. Mark pl
http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky#/w/1107387872

I was messing around yesterday in player matches and have ultimately realized I will never be top tier level at playing fighting games. I did okay against one guy with my Taskmaster/Dante/Akuma and Ammy/Iron Man/Dormaamu but he was pretty easy to read since he basically relied on Wolverine Berserker Charge + X-Factor to eliminate a character, and as long as I played keep away/kept him locked up in combos it was easy to beat him.

Got my confidence up and then got paired with a 6th Lord Taskmaster/Iron Man/Dormaamu, who proceeded to destroy me with Taskmaster completely. I think I got one DHC off to protect one of my characters, but otherwise the entire match was just one long-ass Taskmaster combo that I never got out of.

I just can't get long, damage-dealing combos down. The characters I'm best with seem to be Zero, Ammy, Taskmaster, Akuma. I can do decent with Shuma and Dormaamu as well. Zero frustrates me because I'm pretty awesome with him (I think) but most of his longer BnBs revolve around having the charge blast and I can't get that down no matter how hard I try.

Oh well. I've learned to live with fighting game mediocrity.

Grecco

Im starting to practice the charge buster stuff, basically just charge L and use M and H for the time being. They work well.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Ammy should eat Dorm alive, Zero too, you only need to get in once. With meter, both can punish Dorm's keep-away. Dorm's moves are very slow, aside from his j.m, you'll beat em out 90% of the time. His teleport is not the fastest, you can relyably punish on reaction.

I do understand the danger and the trouble both may have going in, but the reward is very high.

plus you have Haggar(assuming lariat assist)? you can make flame carpet usless

edit: live from St. Mark pl
http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky#/w/1107387872
Thanks. I suppose I should just use Dorm for a bit so I understand how he works better.

Posted this in the SSF4 thread but it is relevant to this thread as well

http://shoryuken.com/f7/console-warzone-ssf4-mvc3-team-spooky-stream-4-23-11-mahwah-nj-270214/

This Saturday there is gonna be a small tourney in Mahwah, NJ. From the looks of things Noel Brown and Marlinpie will be in attendance (I'll be there too, being free as shit in both Marvel and Super).

It will be streamed by Team Spooky so I just thought I let ya'll know (I am gonna try and give GAF some shoutouts if I can bribe Spooky into letting me have the mic ;) )

Anyone in the area should try to make it out, should be a really good time :)

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:

Do you play Zero?

Yeah I do play Zero, I never miss the basic bnb on him though usually, I only whiff combos with XF3 Sentinel. he's too fast, lol. My team is Ammy/Zero/Sentinel. Pure rushdown is what I play, maybe that's why I can't block. :p

p.s q's sentinel is terrible :D

Grecco

Ultimoo said:
Yeah I do play Zero, I never miss the basic bnb on him, I only whiff combos with XF3 Sentinel. he's too fast, lol. My team is Ammy/Zero/Sentinel. Pure rushdown is what I play, maybe that's why I can't block. :p

Thats what i used to play.

Neki

Grecco said:
Thats what i used to play.
only problem is I'm fragile as hell, especially with the Sentinel nerf. Q's taskmaster gets one combo on me and it takes 3/5 hp off all my characters, so bad.

Shit, you know what I just realized? If I change the initial ground string for Zero's BnB, it messes with the timing or something for the air part of the combo. Like if I omit the initial s.L, and do this combo instead:

s.M s.H (3hit) shippuga (3hit) S ^ M M H S rekkoha

the air combo becomes harder to do, and I sometimes drop the 3rd hit of the j.H because I've jumped over them during the air combo and they are now too far below me. If I include the s.L at the beginning of the combo, I don't have this problem.

Edit: Tested it again with the s.L included, and now I am overshooting it and dropping the 3rd hit on j.H.

wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom