• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Just dash (the 2 button method, not forward, forward) + assist. It's not really a "trick" or anything.

Though I normally press assist a bit later and it still works but yeah it is true that if you press an assist before dashing in he ends up behind you. Assist comes in relation to the point character.

Oh, ok, I gotcha. Well...back to the lab I guess!

jdub03

I've tweaked my team a little so I can practice the acid rain loop with Dante. My main team is Viper/Chun-li/Dog. I'm currently experimenting with Dante/Chun-li/Dog. I've managed to overwhelm High Lords with my rush-down madness(cold star coupled with constant IAD overheads leads to salty disconnects). I've managed to do one loop of the acid rain loop online(which is technically not a loop). If you immediately cancel wild stomp into prop shredder, instead of delaying it like the guide says, your opponent gets hit by one or two bullets then falls instantly into the prop shredder. Then you just need to execute the acid rain loops. Still rocking a fighter/9th lord rank cause I refuse to practice random characters in player match.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Dahbomb said:
Dash assist trick

A little video explaining the momentum from the character on point dashing transfers over to the assist as well, extending the range of assists and useful for characters who can't OTG.

I am sure most of you guys knew this but still putting it out there for those who are new to this. It's a pretty tricky mechanic to get a grasp of and one you sort of only pick up from lots of experimentation with timing for combos + assists.

Hmm, how do you have your button layout on the stick to make this "comfortable"? I use layout Beta:

L M H
S A1 A2

So basically you want to tap M and H with two fingers, and then put a thumb on A1 or A2 at the same time? I'll have to give this a go tonight...

Dahbomb

Looks like the guy was using the Pad or a re-mapped button because he had a button mapped to LMH so he was actually pressing 4 buttons at once (LMH + A1) when in fact he was actually just pressing 2.

Though if I were using a stick, I would use the classical MVC2 style which would be something like:

L M A1 L H A1
H S A2 or M S A2

You can tap L + H + A1 to get that out.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Karsticles said:
Honestly, if they dropped the speed boosts from X-Factor, it would solve a lot of problems in the game right now. Such a terrible idea.
I enjoy being able to combo 30+ Soul Fists back to back, thank you.

Dahbomb

crimzonflame said:
Do you recommend putting Wesker and Taskmaster be on the same team? Which one would the better anchor?
Yes and Taskmaster.

You want Wesker up the order so he benefits from Taskmaster's arrow assist or other assists. Task can do massive chip, zone like crazy and other shenanigans in LVL3 X factor. Wesker is pretty beastly in LVL3 XFC and his gun shot loop is ridiculous.

Depends on your 3rd though.

I play phoenix and dormammu, and phoenix's seems visibly faster. Maybe it's just the suddenness of the animation?
Unless the guide is completely wrong, I think it's just a visual difference. Dormammu's seems significantly slower because his graphic is still "there" until the last frame of startup, while Phoenix blinks out, and Dante turns into streaks (or something).

Never say never. I thought that Tekken vs SF would never be possible.
The difference is no one in Tekken is getting their spine ripped out in that game. I don't think Capcom would be cool with Chun-li gettins split in half, or even any of the Street Fighter characters (outside of Akuma or something) performing fatalities. They could go the lameo MK vs. DC route, though I doubt it.

A little video explaining the momentum from the character on point dashing transfers over to the assist as well, extending the range of assists and useful for characters who can't OTG.

I am sure most of you guys knew this but still putting it out there for those who are new to this. It's a pretty tricky mechanic to get a grasp of and one you sort of only pick up from lots of experimentation with timing for combos + assists.
I can't watch this while at work, but if the video basically claiming that if you dash+assist, the assist will come out where your dash would have ended? If so, that's neat. If not, I don't get why this is worth mentioning.

I enjoy being able to combo 30+ Soul Fists back to back, thank you.
But do you enjoy being infinited by Samurai Edge, Tatsu L, Cat Spike L, and TK Trap?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Right now I use Deadpool/Hulk/Wolverine

I have about one solid BnB combo for each character, each ending in an OTG or Super. Should I be learning more than on BnB, or just stick to ways to setup and support that one BnB? Just trying to figure out what I should be focusing on in training mode. It feels to me like I just need to figure out when to best implement and go for certain combos. I think my fingers are trained for the inputs now.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dahbomb said:
Yes and Taskmaster.

You want Wesker up the order so he benefits from Taskmaster's arrow assist or other assists. Task can do massive chip, zone like crazy and other shenanigans in LVL3 X factor. Wesker is pretty beastly in LVL3 XFC and his gun shot loop is ridiculous.

Taskmaster appreciates low assists to roughly the same degree that Wesker appreciates projectile/beam assists. Solid pairing all around and I think either order would make sense.

Karsticles said:
But do you enjoy being infinited by Samurai Edge, Tatsu L, Cat Spike L, and TK Trap?
X-Factor infinites don't bother me. It seems weird that you're only upset about the speed boost. The damage boost on other characters is enough to make some of their standard combos so powerful that they don't even remotely need an infinite to 100% most or all of the cast. The entire XF system is overpowered by design.

Dahbomb said:
Yes and Taskmaster.

Im thinking Storm or Mags on point.

Dahbomb

crimzonflame said:
Im thinking Storm or Mags on point.
I would do something like Storm or Magneto/Wesker/Taskmaster. I found Wesker going into DHC glitch better than Taskmaster because of the OTG gun.

I have about one solid BnB combo for each character, each ending in an OTG or Super. Should I be learning more than on BnB, or just stick to ways to setup and support that one BnB? Just trying to figure out what I should be focusing on in training mode. It feels to me like I just need to figure out when to best implement and go for certain combos. I think my fingers are trained for the inputs now.
You should be figuring out ways to get your combo to start in a game. That means mix ups and set ups. You can easily get by on one BnB but having a couple corner tricks help too especially with Hulk because that's a character kill easily. You should be working on enhancing team synergy and experiment with team orders, DHC and assists to see which work best. Oh and work on your defense for sure and match ups. Biggest hurdle in this game is dealing with other shenanigans.

Adam Prime said:

If your character has more than one good BnB (like Dante) then learn some more. If not you should just find different setups for them instead. I would put Wolverine in front of Hulk for your team order though. XF3 Hulk is not to be fucked with when he gets a hit and you have access to the DHC glitch (advanced stuff) with Deadpool and Wolverine (Deadpool BnB into Wolverine BnB should be over 1 mil dmg)

Powerup is in 8 days! I'm so hyped to be going to another major! Last one I went to was SB5 Other than that it's just been Bar Battles and ranbats at Arcade Legacy for the past 4 months.

X-Factor infinites don't bother me. It seems weird that you're only upset about the speed boost. The damage boost on other characters is enough to make some of their standard combos so powerful that they don't even remotely need an infinite to 100% most or all of the cast. The entire XF system is overpowered by design.
Wat? I never said I was only upset about the speed boost (or upset at all). I said that removing the speed boost would fix a lot of problems caused by X-Factor in its current state. Personally, I would rather not have X-Factor in the game at all. If we have to have it though, I'll take it without any speed boost, and without the time scaling per level, but with the damage boost.

I'm the opposite. I want some characters to only have speed boosts, and have them be crazy as fuck. Hulk gets 230 damage and no speed boost? Give Chun Li 230% speed and no damage boost. AWWW YEAH

jdub03

Karsticles said:
Wat? I never said I was only upset about the speed boost (or upset at all). I said that removing the speed boost would fix a lot of problems caused by X-Factor in its current state. Personally, I would rather not have X-Factor in the game at all. If we have to have it though, I'll take it without any speed boost, and without the time scaling per level, but with the damage boost.

I like xfactor. I especially like the mechanics that xfc canceling brings to the table. It wouldn't be marvel 3 without it. I think the main issue with it is damage. Reduce the damage and the problem is resolved. The speed boost for me is not really an issue. They could also reduce level 3 duration to 20 seconds and adjust all other levels accordingly.

Dahbomb

I like X Factor too, I get real hype when someone uses it urley. It's especially hype when it's used for it's alpha counter properties or counter counter property (XFC someone's XFC).

But I would like some tweaks on speed for particular characters and a general timer tweak so that I don't lose to Dark Phoenix from pure chip even if I activated X Factor AFTER her.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NerdJosh said:
Thanks for the love GAF! I'mma try to keep it going. ;D
a.gif

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
One solution against x factor is flight, unless they have a full screen super its time to run the clock until it ends. Seems like a good idea to leave an anchor who has flight. Has saved me in many occasions... plus does an excellent job at trolling ;).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NerdJosh the only way you can redeem yourself now is with a GAF shoutout on a stream.

Just get on and be like "I'd ride EviLore's dick anyday" and we're good bro. You will have paid your dues.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
enzo_gt said:
As long as J.tv ads don't spontaneously pop out during actual matches, I'm okay with this. Anything for gawlike streams like we've had in the past, and even better ones.
Word. Spooky streams are second to none, not only tech wise but 'community' wise.
The TS guys like NerdJosh,Art,Spooky seem to be people i would hang with IRL.

Azure J

Damn, I keep on missing out on stuff here. Now we have NerdJosh himself on board? I've been watching you play since the "urley" days of Marvel on GAF. :lol

Neki

Who wants to play Marvel on PSN in about half an hour? Preferably west coast, because that's where Q is and I don't get terrible lag with him. Somewhere close to Canada I guess. D:

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
AzureJericho said:
Damn, I keep on missing out on stuff here. Now we have NerdJosh himself on board? I've been watching you play since the "urley" days of Marvel on GAF. :lol
He's been here for a while actually.

Ultimoo said:
Who wants to play Marvel on PSN in about half an hour? Preferably west coast, because that's where Q is and I don't get terrible lag with him. Somewhere close to Canada I guess. D:

PSN is back up?

Neki

QisTopTier said:
He's been here for a while actually.

PSN is back up?

whoops, forgot about that, lol. sigh, back to the training room for me. Or Tales of Vesperia.
NerdJosh needs to post more then!

enzo_gt said:
As long as J.tv ads don't spontaneously pop out during actual matches, I'm okay with this. Anything for gawlike streams like we've had in the past, and even better ones.
When they were doing it last night they did it pretty smart, would only play after a set of matches, they know how to work it.

So I finally jumped into ranked matches with my hulk, skrull, sentinel team. My basic strategy is to use sentinel drones to cover hulk while he goes in to land his b,s,m,m,h,s combo into tsunami. Skrull is there for meteor smash into inferno dhc combo. It has worked well so far but I think it is time to level up a bit so any tips from the brain trust would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom