• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you gotta (maybe) stick to your convictions.
I would state a more strict conviction, but DLC comes in packs of two. If Squirrel Girl came with an awesome Capcom character, it would be silly to ignore it out of spite. Beyond hating her character, I think she would likely play a lot like Blackheart, who I want to see make a return to this game (yes, I realize the chances are slim).

Five bars = one-shotting Hyper Combo. You know you want it. :D
Compared to Dark Phoenix, would that even be worth it?

I'm trying to read Marvel comics on the reader but everything's convoluted as fuck. Wasn't Civil War supposed to be really good? It was just a bunch of shitty fan service that ended in 7 comics. No wonder Marvel is sinking all their money in budget movies to revitalize dead series, all their comics suck ass.
Marvel doesn't care about its own characters anymore. That's why they throw legendary villains away to randoms like Black Panther and Squirrel Girl: just to troll the fans and get a cheap laugh. It reminds me of the Dune books written by Frank Herbert's son. None of the talent or knowledge that made the series what it is, just people piggy-backing off of its success and having a good time while they rake in money.

DLC is out. It's just a 100k file, which means you're paying $5 to unlock costumes already on the disc.
We all knew this within a week of the game coming out.

Grifter

Haven't even looked at the marketplace. How much are outfits? Are they on the disc so that I see them online if my opponent bought them?

Is shadow mode considering worthwhile?

Grifter said:
Haven't even looked at the marketplace. How much are outfits? Are they on the disc so that I see them online if my opponent bought them?

outfits are $5/400 Allards. On disc.
shadow mode sucks.

Damage Scaling glitch found

To sum it up:

"By DHCing out of Storm's Elemental Rage or X-23's Weapon X Prime into Zero's Sougenmu, Dante's Devil Trigger, Arthur's Golden Armor, Phoenix's Healing Field, Hsien-Ko's Rimoukon, Wesker's Rhino Charge w/ X-Factor Cancel, or Taskmaster's Aegis Counter w/ X-Factor Cancel, you can reset the damage scaling on your combo. (It may work with other cinematic hypers or other DHCs.) The following hits will be scaled as if you started the combo at the DHC."

Outfits are $5 for 6. You can see them regardless of purchase when others use them. Shadow Mode is pretty lame, but it's also free.

Squirrel%20Girl%201.jpg

I dunno, she seems pretty powerful...
This is a perfect example of why Marvel cannot be taken seriously. They'll throw any of their characters under a bus for a quick laugh, or even just to make their fans rage.

I thought the data miners that culled Jill and Shuma found costumes for Doom, etc.
Doom, Wesker, Dormammu, and Akuma. Notice they are the 4 heralds - I suspect these additional costumes are just their herald skins, and not actual alternative costumes.

Owensboro

God's Beard said:
I'm trying to read Marvel comics on the reader but everything's convoluted as fuck. Wasn't Civil War supposed to be really good? It was just a bunch of shitty fan service that ended in 7 comics. No wonder Marvel is sinking all their money in budget movies to revitalize dead series, all their comics suck ass.

I know it looks like I'm tooting my own horn, but I got a bunch of suggestions from other people here -- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25857375

When I get free time the first thing I'm reading is Runaways, and then to relive my childhood I'm going to read the Infinity Gauntlet for funsies. God, I wish I had the free time!

Karsticles said:
Doom, Wesker, Dormammu, and Akuma. Notice they are the 4 heralds - I suspect these additional costumes are just their herald skins, and not actual alternative costumes.
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks.

sleepykyo

lemon__fresh said:

Wait, she's an actual Marvel character? I always just thought it was joke reference to Blazblue's Makoto. And why is Doom jobbing to squirrels? He used to main event with Spider-Man, Iron-Man and the Fantastic Four.

edit: I remember being entertained by Captain America Streets of Poison. Though it was mainly due to a drugged up Captain America beating up on Daredevil

edit: Also I think Frank Miller's Daredevil is pretty higly regarded.

Xevren

sleepykyo said:
Wait, she's an actual Marvel character? I always just thought it was joke reference to Blazblue's Makoto. And why is Doom jobbing to squirrels? He used to main event with Spider-Man, Iron-Man and the Fantastic Four.

Squirrel Girl has defeated Thanos!

Ferrio

Banned
sleepykyo said:

Cause they're squirrels man, ever fought a pack of squirrels?

SquirrelGirl.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
This is a perfect example of why Marvel cannot be taken seriously. They'll throw any of their characters under a bus for a quick laugh, or even just to make their fans rage.

Well that would suck major balls =/ No thank you.

After making him look free Tre Flips 21 informs me that I'm "a laggy fag that needs to play in his own region". Yes, the lag worked in my favor because you kept running face first into my attacks.

To be honest the only other Marvel character I'd really like to see in the game would be

Ruby_Summers.jpg

But I shouldn't get too greedy, after all X-23 is already in.
Fuck the haters that think she-hulk and she are just fancy model swaps.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
Go read cable and deadpool

Man, now I'm trying to read this Dr.Strange comic, and it's even worse than Civil War. Straight Scooby Doo saturday morning shit.

o6LP4.png

O3axt.png

Is this Archie Comics? No wonder everybody makes fun of Marvel.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wow. The damage scaling glitch is fun, but seems like something that'll be patched out for sure being a true glitch.

Game is becoming full of MvC2-esque hilarity, but on the other hand patching seems as if it'll keep that under some measure of control in the long run.

Ferrio

Banned
Kaijima said:
Wow. The damage scaling glitch is fun, but seems like something that'll be patched out for sure being a true glitch.

Game is becoming full of MvC2-esque hilarity, but on the other hand patching seems as if it'll keep that under some measure of control in the long run.

If they patch. Have we actually had capcom come out and say they intended to patch glitches/balance issues at all? Other than hearsay from other forum posters?

MrMephistoX

God's Beard said:
Man, now I'm trying to read this Dr.Strange comic, and it's even worse than Civil War. Straight Scooby Doo saturday morning shit.

o6LP4.png

O3axt.png

Graphic novels and certain trade paperbacks, yes please. Following the current crop of convoluted story arcs in monthly series with piss poor writing after middle school? No thank you. Civil War was pretty damn disappointing for me as well recently given all the hype but I can still go back to some of the 70's storylines and Jim Lee X-men stuff from the 90's and enjoy it while blissfully ignoring stupid the asinine retcons of modern comics writers.
Norman Osborn is still dead in my mind as is Phoenix and the equally lame return of the spider clone.

Xevren said:
Squirrel Girl has defeated Thanos!

Squirrel Girl for God-Tier.

In the off-chance she gets in, she'd have the most hilarious hypers. Squirrel-pile lvl 3 hyper? Hell yes!

wikipedia said:
Victories
Doctor Doom's notorious defeat by an army of squirrels. Art by Steve Ditko.Following her defeat of Dr. Doom, an ongoing joke depicts Squirrel Girl repeatedly attaining victory over various villains, some of whom are considerably more powerful than she is. Typically, these victories occur off-panel, though some, like her battle with Deadpool, are fully shown. Deadpool, having been bested by her twice, considers Squirrel Girl to be one of the major powers of the Marvel Universe, comparing her to Iron Man and Thor.[10]

Squirrel Girl's victories often result from her opponent's overconfidence (Doom, MODOK), weakness from an earlier fight (Deadpool), or creative use of her powers (Doom, Bi-Beast). For the most part, she defeats her opponents through the use of her wits. Her defeat of Bi-Beast was the result of "one of those super-hero team-ups" with The Thing. While visiting squirrel friends in Central Park, Squirrel Girl came across Thing fighting with Bi-Beast. She told the squirrels to retrieve the smelliest garbage they could find and place it around the combatants, resulting in everyone having to hold their noses. Bi-Beast had to use both hands to hold his noses, leaving himself defenseless, allowing Thing to knock him out.

Squirrel Girl's defeat of Thanos is an ambiguous one. Although Uatu was present at the battle and claimed that the Thanos that Squirrel Girl defeated was indeed genuine and not a clone or copy,[5] Thanos has since revealed that he has perfected a means of creating clones of himself that could fool even "the most cosmic of beings." Adding to the ambiguity is the fact the reveal comes from the mind of a clone whose memory had been altered.[11]

source

hitsugi

Kaijima said:

I don't think using a level 3 + dhc to reset damage is going to upset people too much.

Were they all level 3s? A lot seemed to be.

sleepykyo

Ogrekiller said:
To be honest the only other Marvel character I'd really like to see in the game would be

Ruby_Summers.jpg

But I shouldn't get too greedy, after all X-23 is already in.
Fuck the haters that think she-hulk and she are just fancy model swaps.

Looks up Ruby Summers in wikipedia. I guess that's one way to bring back Cyclops without having a beam character. Also wow, Jean Grey being dead for close to 5 years, and the whole mess with this Phoenix Force stuff. Squirrel Girl and that panel God's Beard posted make perfect sense now.

I don't care for this Squirrel Girl, it just seems like "add X powerful entity plus a girl in a Squirrel outfit beating them" and herp derp hilarious!

Also started reading that comic God's Beard mentioned with Dormammu and it was really disappointing. Dormammu seems like this total badass from the game, but he's more like a child in that comic.

Though so far I've really enjoyed Frank Miller's run on Wolverine (where he's in Japan) and Immortal Iron Fist.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
robut said:
I don't care for this Squirrel Girl, it just seems like "add X powerful entity plus a girl in a Squirrel outfit beating them" and herp derp hilarious!

Also started reading that comic God's Beard mentioned with Dormammu and it was really disappointing. Dormammu seems like this total badass from the game, but he's more like a child in that comic.

Though so far I've really enjoyed Frank Miller's run on Wolverine (where he's in Japan) and Immortal Iron Fist.
Squirrel Girl as an anti-Sent would be pretty hilarious.

Riposte

Have you actually read anything she has been in rather than looking at random panels on the internet?

Also people obviously taking comics too seriously lol. Comics have different moods.

Well that would suck major balls =/ No thank you.
I believe we have a misunderstanding. I'm not saying that these will be their alternate costumes, but that the claimed alternate costumes found for them on the disk are likely just their herald costumes, and they have actual costumes which will be created and offered at a later date.

If they patch. Have we actually had capcom come out and say they intended to patch glitches/balance issues at all? Other than hearsay from other forum posters?
The closest is Seth Killian saying a long time ago that they could do balance patches or release a Super version, if they decided to go that route.

Graphic novels and certain trade paperbacks, yes please. Following the current crop of convoluted story arcs in monthly series with piss poor writing after middle school? No thank you. Civil War was pretty damn disappointing for me as well recently given all the hype but I can still go back to some of the 70's storylines and Jim Lee X-men stuff from the 90's and enjoy it while blissfully ignoring stupid the asinine retcons of modern comics writers. Norman Osborn is still dead in my mind as is Phoenix and the equally lame return of the spider clone.
Is Spider-man still married in your mind, while Storm is single?

I don't think using a level 3 + dhc to reset damage is going to upset people too much.

Gaia's Rage is a level 1.

From what I have read, Dormammu only gets like this with his sister, Umar.

Comics have different moods.
It's not about moods for me, it's about retcons. It's about having no respect for the characters you have created, and throwing any sense of consistency or intelligence out the window for a quick, cheap laugh and a few more bucks brought in from the gimmick. I don't take comics seriously at all - that's why I am unbothered.

Except by furries. Like Squirrel Girl.

Riposte said:
Have you actually read anything she has been in rather than looking at random panels on the internet?

Also people obviously taking comics too seriously lol. Each comic has different moods.

Anyone who likes Speedball can go take a hike. Admittedly it would be hilarious if her fights with Wolverine referenced their prior dealings.

hitsugi said:

All of them are lvl1s, although both WXP and Gaia's Rage are decidedly inferior to X's and Storm's other supers.
Comments also supposedly say the glitch can be performed after a whiffed Super Command Throw. Only tested on Thor so far though. Seems that DHCing into a utility super usually does the trick. Wonder if Felicia's Kitty helper would work?

explodet

So I now have a theory on how I was able to get my 5 in a row ranked win streak trophy... it's because nobody else is playing it up here in Canada.

According to the Facebook app, more people in Canada are getting trophies in BLOPS, Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5 NHL11 and LITTLE BIG F'N PLANET 2 than MvC3. Meanwhile in the US and Mexico it's ranked 3rd.

Since I stayed on same region ranked play, all I was getting were the Canuck players. And it showed - only 2 Sent teams, a couple of Dante spammers and the rest were pretty spread out as far as characters go. Meanwhile I tried a few games against some US players and got curbstomped by Sent/Dante/X.

So fellow Canuckistanis, step up your game!
We didn't start the Weapon X program for nothin'.

God's Beard said:

I don't know if it's on the online service, but try looking up Dr. Strange: The Oath. It's more serious than whatever Dr. Strange comic that is and one of my favorite recent-ish Dr. Strange stories.

God's Beard said:

o6LP4.png

O3axt.png

Aw dude, the Defenders mini was awesome. It doesn't take itself seriously, and neither should you. Just roll with it.

sleepykyo

Riposte said:

Also people obviously taking comics too seriously lol. Comics have different moods.

Fair enough. And to be honest, a squirrel swarm lvl 3 does sound kind of fun.

Ferrio

Banned
sleepykyo said:
Fair enough. And to be honest, a squirrel swarm lvl 3 does sound kind of fun.

Actually her lvl 3 should have it pan off camera... bunch of clouds and stuff appear from the side/bottom, then it pans down to the enemy lying on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom