• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost Fragment said:
Exploits using those kinds of sticks have been found. Like in MvC3 you can block both left and right at the same time. That doesn't work in SF4, but in that game I think you can walk forward while keeping a charge.

Seems like hitboxes might end up being banned from most major tournies unless Capcom patches their games specifically to prevent these kinds of things, but they probably won't. Feel kinda bad for the dudes who are trying to market those sticks since if hitboxes are banned from tournies their business will suffer as a result.

The hitbox created by Husser Brian is different than the ones modded from TE sticks. They don't allow for simultaneous directions.

They need to copyright their product so they can separate themselves from the slander, before all ABC boards are banned outright.

And no, you can't walk forward in SF4 while holding a charge.

vocab

Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match

And now I get noticed that there's NEW DLC AVAILABLE: SHADOW MODE! Every single time I start the game.

Fuck capcom, seriously.

Neki

vocab said:
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match
Failed to join match

And now I get noticed that there's NEW DLC AVAILABLE: SHADOW MODE! Every single time I start the game.

Fuck capcom, seriously.

Are you guys who try connecting manually masochists or something?

FIGHT REQUEST. USE IT.

unless you are, then I'm sorry.

"Well, wth. Why did Gootecks and Mike Ross actually search for ranked matches then after he did fight request for players?"

Maybe they didn't realize they could push it over another notch?

"Can you specify?"

Yes. When you choose fight request you can pick ranked, player, and all the other region/language/rank settings.

Neki

Are all of you really telling me that you never knew Fight Request had player/ranked settings? lol.

I accidentally had it on player for a while before realizing it was on the wrong one and switched, but I thought it was common knowledge. :p

Ryu1999

Kaijima said:
Can't wait for people to try and sneak those things into Evo.

Would not be surprised if someone takes the guts out, installs it in a TE stick, and waltzes in whistling :D

I already took one to Evo 2009 and made semis in HDR. Was not banned. I don't think HDR or SF4 allow for the same block-in-both directions exploits as MVC3, but then again I never tried.

Without fight request I wouldn't even play this game. I wish the Skill setting had more options though. Should at least have Same Or Higher. Setting it to Any matches me up with Beginners more often than not and that just makes me feel like a bully.

N4Us said:
If you block communications with someone, it seems to delete all messages he might've sent with you, as well as remove him from your recent players list. I had to block this one guy who sent me multiple messages for days after I dominated him in Perfect Dark.
Weird. All the other messages are still there though. Just that last one is gone.

Kinda sad that so many people playing this game are cranks. I've run into good folks but I've also run into far more assholes than I ever met in SF4. Public stats probably have something to do with this. I wish they didn't track this shit at all. Some people take it too seriously.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The Shoryuken wiki recommends pairing up Taskmaster with a low assist for Spidey Swing goodness. My other two characters are Dante and Skrull. I haven't bothered encorporating the optimal assists for my team yet, but which of their assists should be the most complimentary. If neither have good options, what's a better suited third character you think?

I just got the game today and been playing a bit, since i am shitty at fighting games to begin with, i was kinda button mashing a bit to get to know the combos and etc. (didn't know how to swap characters til my 3rd run at arcade lol)
I beat Galactus my first try B^) with captain america, iron man and wolverine.

lol at Hulks ending ,RIP Nemesis :'( , haha at Trons ending, mega man scared

But just like most fighting games, don't think i will hold on to this for much long, already locked it in for $39.75 at amazon.

I will play online later, i'm sure i'll get hulk smashed to death with sentinel and dead pool.

Iron Man, wolverine and Hulk will be my team for online :D

LegatoB

Lost Fragment said:
Exploits using those kinds of sticks have been found. Like in MvC3 you can block both left and right at the same time. That doesn't work in SF4, but in that game I think you can walk forward while keeping a charge.

Seems like hitboxes might end up being banned from most major tournies unless Capcom patches their games specifically to prevent these kinds of things, but they probably won't. Feel kinda bad for the dudes who are trying to market those sticks since if hitboxes are banned from tournies their business will suffer as a result.
For the record, the Marvel 3 block-both-ways trick can be done on a standard Sixaxis controller by using the d-pad and the analog stick at the same time. It's not as easy as it would be on a keystick, but the problem remains that Marvel 3's input detection allows this at all. It'd be trivial to wire up the spare TE buttons as inputting left and right, too -- if you want to prevent using this "cheat," the only way to do it is to ban pads which have an analog stick and manually inspect everyone's arcade stick before each game. Not happening. Complain to Capcom to get them to fix it instead.

I finally joined a room with a few gaffers and my connection falls apart when I'm having a good match...

:/

Edit: I joined as you were leaving. ^^

Runaways chapter 8 won't load :/

It was just another teenage power fantasy, but at least I didn't recognize the characters.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of original series, it's just a big merchandising farm...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
God's Beard said:
Runaways chapter 8 won't load :/

It was just another teenage power fantasy, but at least I didn't recognize the characters.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of original series, it's just a big merchandising farm...

If you want serious stuff, you should stick to Batman, Vertigo and indies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Zero buster combo fully assimilated into my DNA. Button hold swapping now 2nd nature. Time to make some calls.

Morris

Disco Devil
_tetsuo_ said:
Zero buster combo fully assimilated into my DNA. Button hold swapping now 2nd nature. Time to make some calls.

Hitting the relaunch after Buster > L Hyenkyaku is the hard part for me :c

Every time I pick a character in Marvel vs games they become mainstream. (Im so indie)

WHY SHE-HULK! I picked you because I thought people wouldn't play with you. :(

edit: screw you wong.

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Every time I pick a character in Marvel vs games they become mainstream. (Im so indie)

pick hsien ko

MMaRsu

What the fuck nia nia.. what the fuck man

Here I am with 290 wins, 82 losses and you beat me 10 times in a row?

I swear to god nothing went right for me in those games.. I couldn't get a damn hit in. Couldn't get an air combo started nothing.. Jesus dude

K701

Banned
So I just got invited into someone's room from NEOGAF (Who shall remain nameless) who even though was a 4th lord, had NO idea how to play the game. All he did was random supers, run away, and spam the same attacks over and over like hulk's air H.

I proceeded to beat him 10-0 but not before getting these gems:

"all you do is spam > block"

"this is fucking goddamn ridiculous all your hits hit first with priority zero is a fucking annoying little bitch"

PS: When he accused me of turtling I rushed him down with zero, when he said zero is annoying I switched characters.

Stay classy, GAF.

Threi

notag
Foxy Fox 39 said:

Don't let a character's popularity influence (whether negatively or positively) who you use.

A lot of the time unpopular characters are unpopular for a reason, it's not always worth the effort to be "different". Sometimes its actually the worst idea you can have.

Just play who you like playing, regardless of whether they are popular or not.

Bandwagoners will always be bandwagoners.

Threi said:
Don't let a character's popularity influence (whether negatively or positively) who you use.

A lot of the time unpopular characters are unpopular for a reason, it's not always worth the effort to be "different". Sometimes its actually the worst idea you can have.

Just play who you like playing, regardless of whether they are popular or not.

Bandwagoners will always be bandwagoners.

I'm definitely going to stick to She Hulk. I like her play style too much. Though it is a downer if alot of people are going to be playing with her online. You can imagine how I felt when mvc2 came out and I put Cable, and CapCom on my team. lol

Foxy Fox 39 said:

didn't know Jwong played with she-hulk. My friends all wrote her off as useless and so I'm off to prove them wrong, as usual

sleepykyo

schennmu said:
People jumping on She Hulk now because Wong used her? Nah, I'm sure it's because she's such a cool character :lol

On a side note, Marvel is bringing the bitter tears for DSP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mgfWYQtYqM

I jumped also after reading up on her, after someone chided me for calling her a B-lister. Which I still think she is, but I've seen plenty of Full Moon movies, so it isn't like I hate B-movies or B-characters.

Also obligatory emerald dat.

edit: Jwong plays around with her, but that is probably part of his play with every team thing. He has also used Felicia. I still think Wolverine/Akuma/Storm is his primary.
Combofiend also used her at WNF, along with Ultradavid.

K701 said:
So I just got invited into someone's room from NEOGAF (Who shall remain nameless) who even though was a 4th lord, had NO idea how to play the game. All he did was random supers, run away, and spam the same attacks over and over like hulk's air H.

"this is fucking goddamn ridiculous all your hits hit first with priority zero is a fucking annoying little bitch"

PS: When he accused me of turtling I rushed him down with zero, when he said zero is annoying I switched characters.

Stay classy, GAF.

Put him on blast, you classy gentleman.

Morris

Disco Devil
the_log_ride said:
Put him on blast, you classy gentleman.

Morton+Salt+Girl.jpg

Loving it

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Foxy Fox 39 said:

Thor is still pretty unpopular. And he wears tight pants and he's clearly full of himself. It's like the full hipster package.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
K701 said:

Stay classy, GAF.

This is not unexpected LOL haven't you read most of this thread :D

also god's beard GO READ CABLE AND DEADPOOL *it picks up a few issues in* or I'll somehow disable shuma from your copy of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom