• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrio said:
Actually her lvl 3 should have it pan off camera... bunch of clouds and stuff appear from the side/bottom, then it pans down to the enemy lying on the ground.
Sooo... Felicia's lvl3 then, just off camera.

Spike Spiegel said:
Aw dude, the Defenders mini was awesome. It doesn't take itself seriously, and neither should you. Just roll with it.

I don't really care. It's not like it was funny or anything, it was just 5 chapters of stupid puns. The oath didn't look that good either from what I started to read. So far I'm not liking anything that I've seen on this thing, are there any stories that are legitimately good writing, serious or funny? I'm about to start the Runaways, but I'm not really psyched.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
I don't really care. It's not like it was funny or anything, it was just 5 chapters of stupid puns. The oath didn't look that good either from what I started to read. So far I'm not liking anything that I've seen on this thing, are there any stories that are legitimately good writing, serious or funny? I'm about to start the Runaways, but I'm not really psyched.
Cable and deadpool :p

Ri'Orius

Karsticles said:
I'm like 150-30 ranked with a keepaway team and have only received three or four hatemail, six or seven ragequits. I think people just exaggerate. I've even received a good dozen "lovemails" complimenting me.

What's your team? I've been playing Taskmaster/Dorm/Iron Man keepaway, and it's been alright, but I've been thinking of branching out and am open to suggestions...
especially since I'm pretty terrible.

God's Beard said:

Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of it on their online service, and it's good stuff. Pretty well self-contained, too.

God's Beard said:
I'm trying to read Marvel comics on the reader but everything's convoluted as fuck. Wasn't Civil War supposed to be really good? It was just a bunch of shitty fan service that ended in 7 comics.
Yeah, they're all kinda like that now. There is little point in trying to get into superhero comics. Marvel's creative peak was over 40 years ago and while I love some of that stuff I think it's an acquired taste. Most folks will find it hokey.

As far as I know there are no good modern Doctor Strange comics. The only good stuff I've read is the original Ditko/Lee run. Maybe some of that '70s stuff is "interesting" but I'm betting Capcom's interpretation of Shuma is way better than anything seen in the comics. I think he only made a handful of appearances.

So last night I went 4-0 against a guy named "Hurley1080". After the first two matches I switched to a team I don't really know how to play - X-23/Ryu/Doom. The final two matches played out pretty much the same: He took out my first two characters real quick thanks to my sloppy use of assists and lack of X-23 knowledge, but I made a big ass comeback and took out all his guys using one dude. It was pretty great.

Afterwards I got this:

hurley1080.png

I did combos, man. :(

I didn't really egg the guy on like I'm wont to do but he kept sending me messages that were even more tasteless than the ones pictured, filled with lame bigoted bullshit, before climaxing in a vow to someday murder me. Yeah.

Anyway, checked my messages now to take a screenshot and that murder threat is missing from my inbox. Huh. That's...kinda weird. And creepy.

Karsticles said:
It's not about moods for me, it's about retcons. It's about having no respect for the characters you have created
I don't think we should speak like Marvel actually created these characters. A handful of men are responsible for just about every character of note, and most of them haven't worked at the company in 40+ years.

The disrespect shown to creators has been a far bigger issue with mainstream comic books than anything else.

N4Us

Rummy Bunnz said:
Anyway, checked my messages now to take a screenshot and that murder threat is missing from my inbox. Huh. That's...kinda weird. And creepy.

Maybe got scared and blocked communications with you.

MrMephistoX

Karsticles said:
Is Spider-man still married in your mind, while Storm is single?

Yes and no.
In my mind, Spider-man is still married and likewise didn't have some horrible WTF mind probe put into effect so the entire world forgot his secret identity despite the fact that he revealed it during a live press conference. Storm on the other hand is shacking up with Forge. I guess this is why the Ultimates series and films don't bother me: better writing. Oh yeah and Batman was not shot by his own dad.
I may not be able to avoid this crap seeping into the mainstream media from time to time but I can chose to follow certain story lines and thus create my own comics reality if I chose to do so ;)

I thought the avatar was that guy from "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". Dane Cook would be fitting though.

N4Us said:
Maybe got scared and blocked communications with you.
Does that delete messages? I did block him, which I never do. I didn't wanna be tempted to actually reply. I also filed a complaint, though I don't expect MS to do anything about it.

So glad I paid to use this service!

Ok, I'm reading the runaways, everything's fine and dandy, just some kids running around.

Now there's a velociraptor with a bull piercing in a closet.

Am I the only one that thinks Sent should have 1.5 million health and infinite refly but take up 2 character slots? Same with Hulk, only full super armor instead of refly.

Then they can put other massive characters in, like Rathalos!

Prototype-03 said:
I thought Tokido said something about he's coming to the US for MvC3 tourney or something. Either way, I'm expecting Akuma.

He's going to Final Round, no? We shall see how he does. He should use Akuma/Sent/Phoenix.

God's Beard said:
Am I the only one that thinks Sent should have 1.5 million health and infinite refly but take up 2 character slots? Same with Hulk, only full super armor instead of refly.

How would they balance Xfactor? No lvl3?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Happy Phantom said:
from all I've heard, Japan doesn't care about MvC3

Tokido and Daigo care.

If they were gonna start playing MvC2 then yeah, they wouldn't stand a chance. But MvC3 is almost an entirely different game and everyone's a newbie right now, so, I think Tokido has a good chance to do well at Final Round. Don't know how long that will hold, though. I know they've played some tournaments and stuff in Japan, but I don't know how long the Japanese MvC3 scene will keep.

Either way, I wouldn't ever count Daigo or Tokido out of anything.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
He's going to Final Round, no? We shall see how he does. He should use Akuma/Sent/Phoenix.

Yeah he'll probably use like the cheapest team in the game. And pick all black character colors and always pick a stage with a really dark background so his dudes blend in. Cheap bastard.

_dementia said:
How would they balance Xfactor? No lvl3?
Pretty much. That or Sent just acts as two characters, so he gets lvl 2 and the other member gets level 3.

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah I'm expecting him to use the cheapest team in the game. And pick all black character colors and always pick a stage with a really dark background so his dudes blend in. Cheap bastard.

Still not as cool as using gold dhalsim to hide EX attacks.

God's Beard said:

Or PTX. Heck, screw PTX and put this bad boy in:
GAN-3AM_Codename_Triseed.png

GAN-3AM Triseed

Or they could take it up a notch and throw these monsters in:

GAB-25M_VS.jpg

573px-GAN-34.jpg

Make em have their own seperate lifebars with 750k each, but technically 1 character taking 2 character slots with 2 different characters -a sheik/zelda but taking up 2 slots instead of 1 sort of deal. Lvl 5 would combine them into this machine:

GAN-34W.png

This guy would be Dph lvl, with a lvl 3 that puts anything to shame- the final cannon.
Brocakti_laser.png

lasts for 10-15 secs, with additional caveat that health is whatever the two bots have atm added when they combine. Can combine even if 1 is KOed.

God's Beard said:
Pretty much. That or Sent just acts as two characters, so he gets lvl 2 and the other member gets level 3.

Still not as cool as using gold dhalsim to hide EX attacks.

I had never thought about that....

sleepykyo

FindMyFarms said:
Is Japan even playing the game? I can't think of any way they'll be able to compete with america's best.

There was picture of Sako of holding a copy of MVC3. Tokido stated he was coming to Final Round and he has some experience playing Blazblue. The real question is how much he has worked assists into his game, since that is unique to Marvel.

On that note, I just realized I haven't watched the godsgarden tv stream in a while. Have any of them been playing Marvel on it?

edit: As for Sentinel, I'd rather see him lose super armor on his low attack and have his health dropped to She-Hulk's level.

N4Us

Rummy Bunnz said:
Does that delete messages? I did block him, which I never do. I didn't wanna be tempted to actually reply. I also filed a complaint, though I don't expect MS to do anything about it.

So glad I paid to use this service!

If you block communications with someone, it seems to delete all messages he might've sent with you, as well as remove him from your recent players list. I had to block this one guy who sent me multiple messages for days after I dominated him in Perfect Dark.

JeTmAn81

God's Beard said:
Ok, I'm reading the runaways, everything's fine and dandy, just some kids running around.

Runaways, at least for Brian K. Vaughan's original run, is pretty awesome. If you like that, you really need to check out some of his other highly-acclaimed stuff such as Y - The Last Man (all the men die off except for one dude) and Ex Machina (the world's only superhero becomes mayor of New York City). That other stuff isn't Marvel, but way worth reading.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
God's Beard said:
Hitbox only viable controller confirmed.

Can't wait for people to try and sneak those things into Evo.

Would not be surprised if someone takes the guts out, installs it in a TE stick, and waltzes in whistling :D

Kaijima said:

Would not be surprised if someone takes the guts out, installs it in a TE stick, and waltzes in whistling :D

Not necessary. Reroute the wires from left and right to the extra two buttons, or hell, just one.

Neki

Just wondering why mahvel is in gaming discussion while SSFIV is in community forums. Is it just related to time before marvel eventually gets moved? :O

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
God's Beard said:

Good stuff. Shame it went downhill after BKV left it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ultimoo said:
Just wondering why mahvel is in gaming discussion while SSFIV is in community forums. Is it just related to time before marvel eventually gets moved? :O

Cause MvC is still new.

Chozo

Kaijima said:

Wait, Hitboxes/all-button controllers are banned? I was planning on building one of my own, so that's a bummer if true.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Chozo said:
Wait, Hitboxes/all-button controllers are banned? I was planning on building one of my own, so that's a bummer if true.

Exploits using those kinds of sticks have been found. Like in MvC3 you can block both left and right at the same time. That doesn't work in SF4, but in that game I think you can walk forward while keeping a charge.

Seems like hitboxes might end up being banned from most major tournies unless Capcom patches their games specifically to prevent these kinds of things, but they probably won't. Feel kinda bad for the dudes who are trying to market those sticks since if hitboxes are banned from tournies their business will suffer as a result.

JeTmAn81

HK-47 said:
Good stuff. Shame it went downhill after BKV left it.

I was surprised and saddened to find that so much life went out of the series after Vaughan stopped writing it, even with the top-notch talent (Joss Whedon, Terry Moore) they brought on to follow him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom