• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't exaggerate. I had abut 5 rage quits last night in about 2 hours of play time, robbing me of much deserved rank wins. And of my 50 or so ranked games on PSN, I've only got 1 "lovemail" message. Just one. And on XBL I've got maybe like 4 or 5 lovemails over the course of 70-some matches.
Interesting; I play on PSN - lots of lovemail. When I get hatemail I just respond with:
"Who are you?"

I play so many matches, and the people who tend to hatemail are those I OCV with Sentinel, and those people all kind of blur together. No matter who you play, j.S blahblahblah works the same, and I never see them do anything but get hit by me anyway.

JUICE BOX!
JUICE BOX!
JUICE BOX!
What does this mean?

I'm pretty sure I fought you the other day. You happen to use Phoenix with the "fire TK Shots from the upper corner of the screen" strategy? If so, GGs. Even though I'm sure I was raging at the time. :lol
I don't believe so. I tried Phoenix out for the first time (outside of Arcade Mode) last night with a friend so I wouldn't feel too embarrassed, but didn't take her into any real matches. I still won, but the matches went like this:
1) Get lots of meter with Dormammu and Sentinel.
2) Swap in Phoenix.
3) Screw up - yay, Dark Phoenix.
4) Screw up - back to Dormammu and Sentinel.
5) Wish I had 5 bars of meter to use right about now.
6) Somehow win.

After about six matches, I decided that it is really, really not fun playing Dormammu against a competent opponent without meter. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that when you hit a Dark Matter into Dark Hole, not throwing out the Chaotic Flame just feels empty. So, no more Phoenix for me.

This weekend, I will try Dormammu (Purification)/Amaterasu (Cold Beads)/Storm (Whirlwind). Basically, I'm just biding time until Shuma-Gorath comes out. I wasn't interested in Storm until I learned that her Gaia's Rage (or whatever it's called) can actually target anywhere on the screen like Skrull's level 3 can, and it only has a 9 frame startup - yum (I love punishing)! I was interested in this team originally, but my wife wanted to play Storm/Amaterasu/Felicia, and I didn't like the idea of us using too many of the same characters - makes for boring matches. She is using Sentinel/Felicia/Amaterasu though, with some MODOK, so it feels less taboo.

So is there any patch planned for the dodgy (especially PS3) ranked matchmaking? Never matches up with similar rank for me, there is no way of knowing the connection reliability of who you're about to fight (it just goes straight to character select...really? Why are we de-evolving from BB/SFIV lobby setup?).
Capcom has said it is aware of the issues and is working on it.

edit: Also, if they do add Venom, it better be MVC2 Venom...not that human commando shit.
You could put him with the rest of the gun users in the game - pewpewpew! Wouldn't that be great?! /sarcasm

LordAlu

I just lost seven in a row in Player Match but I had a good reason. It was the first time i'd come up against anyone who actually knew how to play both Sent and Dante, so I stuck in there and rematched with my A-team as much as possible to try and see how to work against them.

Unfortunately the only thing I came away with was how much Chun-Li didn't suit my team, and that defending against a good Sent/Dante pretty much came down to not making a mistake. One missed block or whiffed attack and I was hammered.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've only faced a few Chuns, probably not any really decent ones, but I have a hard time dealing with Lightning Legs outside of advance guard and using projectiles. Is there anything I'm missing or should be trying? She seems to autocorrect if you try to move behind her, and the hitbox even extends behind her.

I just lost seven in a row in Player Match but I had a good reason. It was the first time i'd come up against anyone who actually knew how to play both Sent and Dante, so I stuck in there and rematched with my A-team as much as possible to try and see how to work against them.

Unfortunately the only thing I came away with was how much Chun-Li didn't suit my team, and that defending against a good Sent/Dante pretty much came down to not making a mistake. One missed block or whiffed attack and I was hammered.
What was your team?

I've only faced a few Chuns, probably not any really decent ones, but I have a hard time dealing with Lightning Legs outside of advance guard and using projectiles. Is there anything I'm missing or should be trying? She seems to autocorrect if you try to move behind her, and the hitbox even extends behind her.
I haven't really had any issues with Chunners due to the almighty Flame Carpet. My guess would be to just pushblock it and hit her with something that has more space; it would help if people got in the habit of naming their team whenever they ask for advice.

It's what I hear when he does that move.
Hmm, I'm not seeing it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
I haven't really had any issues with Chunners due to the almighty Flame Carpet. My guess would be to just pushblock it and hit her with something that has more space; it would help if people got in the habit of naming their team whenever they ask for advice.

I'm just wondering if there's a good time to actually strike her with a physical attack during Lightning Legs, if there's a hitbox somewhere that's exploitable, because there doesn't seem to be.

I use Dante/Wesker/Morrigan, so I have a lot of ranged options. Chun's Legs just seem to snuff anything if I try to move in on her at all.

Karsticles said:
What was your team?

Hmm, I'm not seeing it.

On that audio, I can hear it... I know he says shield slash or whatever, but I can see getting juicebox out of it. :)

GuardianE said:
I'm just wondering if there's a good time to actually strike her with a physical attack during Lightning Legs, if there's a hitbox somewhere that's exploitable, because there doesn't seem to be.

A command normal like Dante's f.H might work.

I use Dante/Wesker/Morrigan, so I have a lot of ranged options. Chun's Legs just seem to snuff anything if I try to move in on her at all.
I think you have a good number of counters with that team, but my advice is to:
1) Go into training mode.
2) Record the computer jumping at you, air dashing, and then spamming legs.
3) Loop this recording.
4) Practice getting out of it with all three of your characters until you are comfortable.

That's what I do, at least.

LordAlu

Karsticles said:
What was your team?
I usually roll with Chun-Li/Spencer/Hulk, although after my battles against that guys Sent/Dante combo i've swapped Chun-Li out for Wolverine. I was never totally comfortable with Chun-Li but I enjoyed her play-style, plus dat legs assist. Trying to get get used to Wolverine's speed and his OTG slide atm. :)

I usually roll with Chun-Li/Spencer/Hulk, although after my battles against that guys Sent/Dante combo i've swapped Chun-Li out for Wolverine. I was never totally comfortable with Chun-Li but I enjoyed her play-style, plus dat legs assist. Trying to get get used to Wolverine's speed and his OTG slide atm. :)
I bet you can use Spencer's wall bounce assist to continue the combo, too.

I got a team of Arthur (daggers)/Spencer (Armor Pierce)/Haggar (Lariat) going..

but I may want to swap Arthur and Haggar for Doom or Skrull and Hulk and keeping Spencer on point.

what do you guys think?

El Sloth said:
gg's dude.

Your Dormington is currently superior, but don't expect that to last very long!

And gg's to Enzo_gt

I have been taught to respect the invincibility on Iron Man's level 3. Random chaotic flames no more!

I didn't recognize you Enzo, my bad! D:

Also I love committing some Dormington on Dormington crime with you Sloth :D

God damnit, I just lost my 30 win streak to a guy who was lagging whilst spamming gamma wave with Sentinel's assist. I couldn't time my jumps due to the lag.

_dementia said:
I haven't settled on a team yet. Random is all I have :(

Well then, you know what they say. 2 randoms and a sent.

edit: or you can go with Gootecks' terribad team of wolverine/x-23/sent

Spirit of Jazz said:
God damnit, I just lost my 30 win streak to a guy who was lagging whilst spamming gamma wave with Sentinel's assist. I couldn't time my jumps due to the lag.

I had a guy who lagged to hell. Spammed web swing and web shots, spammed air frying pans with sent and a third character that didn't matter. I still owned him, raged quit and then called me cheap.

Ferrio

Banned
Jeo said:
Im going to drop Hsien-Ko for now, she feels...limited. And pairing her with two other meter hungry characters isn't a good idea. Im going to replace her with a meter building character

You disappoint me!

Hi guys, question regarding Wolverine mission 9: How the hell do I get Berserker Charge > Standing H? Dummy is juggled and I don't see a way to hit him.

The rest of the Wolve missions are pretty easy, really thinking about picking him up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
I think I'm going to a local tournament this weekend. I'm going Random All, hope dudes don't think I'm trolling.
Good luck buddy.

My current teams
Team Awesome : Haggar,Ryu, Doom.
Team Rushdown : X-23,Chun Li,Ironman (I need his beam assist).

dankir

schennmu said:
Hi guys, question regarding Wolverine mission 9: How the hell do I get Berserker Charge > Standing H? Dummy is juggled and I don't see a way to hit him.

The rest of the Wolve missions are pretty easy, really thinking about picking him up.

Watch the vesper arcade videos. But you need to hit the berserker slash so that the character is quite high up, as in when you do the L,M,L,H you need to cancel the H into berserker slash H early so it keeps Chris elavated.

As soon as it ends you cancel into berserker charge and Chris needs to be fairly high off the ground so you have enough time to hit the H then S and follow up.

It's the only Wolverine missions I can't do either :(

Morris

Disco Devil
schennmu said:

Mash H during Berserker Barrage, that'll leave the dummy high into the air giving you some time to cancel into Berserker Charge > st H

Ferrio

Banned
Hopefully I get some time to play today, need to hit the lab hard. Wanna try and extend my shehulk combos some more, and make sure I get a tron combo that is able to land with lag.

dankir said:
Watch the vesper arcade videos. But you need to hit the berserker slash so that the character is quite high up, as in when you do the L,M,L,H you need to cancel the H into berserker slash H early so it keeps Chris elavated.

As soon as it ends you cancel into berserker charge and Chris needs to be fairly high off the ground so you have enough time to hit the H then S and follow up.

It's the only Wolverine missions I can't do either :(

Morro! said:
Mash H during Berserker Barrage, that'll leave the dummy high into the air giving you some time to cancel into Berserker Charge > st H

Thx guys, will try!

I love Lei Lei, but she is gimped. Maybe a stronger player can make better use of her. I'll still use her.

Maybe she'd be better with a faster airdash and the ability to cancel the swinging move

Ferrio said:
Ah you get the join the pain.
All the Hsien-Ko players should join up some time for matches. It'd be neat to see how people use her and what teams they are building with or around her.

Could be a good learning experience.

Very painful experience too.

_dementia said:
I think I'm going to a local tournament this weekend. I'm going Random All, hope dudes don't think I'm trolling.

Where is the tournament? I'm going to the Michigan Masters 4 this weekend in Ann Arbor.

LordAlu

M.J. Doja said:
Sentinel Phoenix is cheap city.
I don't have a problem with Pheonix. Everyone plays the same tactics. Build up meter with the other two then go Dark Pheonix and try to rape you.
Usually if I haven't taken Pheonix out previously (using snap in to bring her in all the time) and she does go Dark, I bring in Hulk. Gamma charge in, then block -> X-Factor -> Gamma Crush.
Bye bye Pheonix!

Sentinel on the other hand can gtfo. Still can't do much against a good Sent. :(

LordAlu said:
I don't have a problem with Pheonix. Everyone plays the same tactics. Build up meter with the other two then go Dark Pheonix and try to rape you.
Usually if I haven't taken Pheonix out previously (using snap in to bring her in all the time) and she does go Dark, I bring in Hulk. Gamma charge in, then block -> X-Factor -> Gamma Crush.
Bye bye Pheonix!

Sentinel on the other hand can gtfo. Still can't do much against a good Sent. :(

I just random super because everybody does jump TK shot (c) into behind teleport. Random Super works for me.

I'm trying to read Marvel comics on the reader but everything's convoluted as fuck. Wasn't Civil War supposed to be really good? It was just a bunch of shitty fan service that ended in 7 comics. No wonder Marvel is sinking all their money in budget movies to revitalize dead series, all their comics suck ass.

God's Beard said:
I'm trying to read Marvel comics on the reader but everything's convoluted as fuck. Wasn't Civil War supposed to be really good? It was just a bunch of shitty fan service that ended in 7 comics. No wonder Marvel is sinking all their money in budget movies to revitalize dead series, all their comics suck ass.
no

Well fuck if I know, I'm just following the recommendations in the thread and that was the only one I'd ever heard of. Maybe I'll just sift around for some 40 year old shuma comics.

I've only ever owned about 3 marvel comics in my life, one was about Iron Man getting really drunk and beating his girlfriend, one was about Wolverine and the Silver Samurai fighting ninjas and space demons, and the last was about Namor saving dolphins or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom