• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
:lol Sure can't wait for BBCS2 but uh ya you should get in the habit of hitting on rhythm not mashing
well if everyone character had moves that came out when you pressed buttons in rapid succession, I'd probably try to. But if I mash, I have a less chance of dropping combos. When I do it in rhythm I drop combos like mad. Maybe it's because of the lag online though. Does Street Fighter work when you mash?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
well if everyone character had moves that came out when you pressed buttons in rapid succession, I'd probably try to. But if I mash, I have a less chance of dropping combos. When I do it in rhythm I drop combos like mad. Maybe it's because of the lag online though. Does Street Fighter work when you mash?
No it doesn't

jdub03

Mashing H with Ammy is top tier advanced tactics. I especially love mashing out air H combos. Those are the most satisfying. Ammy is the poster dog for "Mash till' it works", and more often then not, it works. I love Ammy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
jdub03 said:
Mashing H with Ammy is top tier advanced tactics. I especially love mashing out air H combos. Those are the most satisfying. Ammy is the poster dog for "Mash till' it works", and more often then not, it works. I love Ammy.
I love your win loss record.

Neki

Q is so mean. Anyways, Ammy mashing H does the same amount of damage as any other magic series combo I'm pretty sure so no biggie here.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
Q is so mean. Anyways, Ammy mashing H does the same amount of damage as any other magic series combo I'm pretty sure so no biggie here.
thats_the_joke.jpg

jdub03

QisTopTier said:
I love your win loss record.

Ha ha touche. But just to clarify that's a win loss with about 10 different teams. I play ranked like most people play player match. I like to experiment where people seem to take the game way too serious. Also, I can't stand it when someone leaves after just a few matches. Or they break your win streak with a win then leave. It gets me extra salty.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
jdub03 said:
Ha ha touche. But just to clarify that's a win loss with about 10 different teams. I play ranked like most people play player match. I like to experiment where people seem to take the game way too serious. Also, I can't stand it when someone leaves after just a few matches. Or they break your win streak with a win then leave. It gets me extra salty.
haha I know the feeling, I get my ass handed to me when I experiment with stuff vs proto. But I do the same to him then listen to him on aim bitch at me for not letting him try something WHY WERE YOU ATTACKING :D *hides*

Cels

Is there any way to cancel Dante's Crazy Dance? (The attack that comes out when you press Launcher from any Fireworks-capable special, like QCB-L, QCF-H)

Besides XFC of course.

jdub03

QisTopTier said:
haha I know the feeling, I get my ass handed to me when I experiment with stuff vs proto. But I do the same to him then listen to him on aim bitch at me for not letting him try something WHY WERE YOU ATTACKING :D *hides*

Yeah I think I'm going to start using player matches more. I think there are far better players there anyway. It's just harder finding them with the way online is setup.

Ultimoo said:
Don't think so, it's meant as a meterless style combo.

You can DHC glitch out of it. I haven't figured out the timing though. Every time I try it nothing comes out. Mashing doesn't seem to work either.

Cels

ApolloJoh said:
Wait like half-a-second after the last slash and it should come out.

Doing it too early/too late/mashing it won't let it come out.

Didn't know that you could DHC glitch out of it...makes sense though because it's a captured state.

smurfx

get some go again
i've just discovered that sentinels up kick doesn't do shit against task's shield charge. every time a sentinel user tries his low attack to up kick gets punished bad by my tasky. plus everytime i try my shield charge combo i always call in haggars double lariat to bail me out when it fails.

jdub03

ApolloJoh said:
Wait like half-a-second after the last slash and it should come out.

Doing it too early/too late/mashing it won't let it come out.

Wish I could try this out. Dante has too many tools. I wander how amazing he will be in the next iteration of MVC3. He can only get more moves right?

ApolloJoh

Maybe. The only weapon they left out from DMC3 Dante was the Spiral rifle. Even then, there are more moves they left out for each weapon in Marvel that he has in DMC3.

So yeah, DMC3 Dante will always have a shitload of moves lol

Neki

ApolloJoh said:
Maybe. The only weapon they left out from DMC3 Dante was the Spiral rifle. Even then, there are more moves they left out for each weapon in Marvel that he has in DMC3.

So yeah, DMC3 Dante will always have a shitload of moves lol

I tried playing DMC3, way too hard for me. The twin bosses raped me so bad. :(

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ultimoo said:
Only way I might be able to beat it is if I tone it down to the easiest difficulty, but where is the fun in that?

True story.

They're probably the hardest bosses in the game, next to Virgil 3 on DMD mode. Sound cues helped out a lot in DMC3. If you listen well and drop their health equally, you could avoid some of their bullshit.

Neki

Are you serious? The 3rd boss is the 2nd hardest boss in the game? wuuuuuuut. Furthest I've got is managing to kill one of them off but after that, downhill.

Oldschoolgamer

Ultimoo said:
Are you serious? The 3rd boss is the 2nd hardest boss in the game? wuuuuuuut. Furthest I've got is managing to kill one of them off but after that, downhill.

Yep. If you beat them, you'll possibly beat the game. Your only other issues should be the last boss.

Something like how Phantom was a measure of your skill in DMC1. If you beat him, you were ready for the game. He was the first boss.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Actually wouldn't mind Nero for dlc. Only thing I don't like about him is how he's too similar to Dante looks-wise, but that moveset could work great in Marvel. Demoniiiic Aaaaarm.

jdub03 said:
I'll have to come across a ps2 somehow. I sold mine a while ago. Until then I guess I'll have to settle for 4.
Most people would say play Bayonetta instead, but I haven't played it, so I can't comment

jdub03

_dementia said:
Most people would say play Bayonetta instead, but I haven't played it, so I can't comment

Yeah I heard there was a massive guide for it too. More massive then the marvel guide.

Oldschoolgamer

jdub03 said:
Yeah I heard there was a massive guide for it too. More massive then the marvel guide.

Yea. Bayonetta is gdlk. It's easily King of the action genre this "gen". I wasn't to fond of Ninja Gaiden 2, but they both have demos that you can try out.

Dirtbag

well after watching that I just spent the last two hours online with wolverine and it completely changed my game. Now I'm running some mix of Wolvie / Spencer / Akuma / Doom / Wesker.

Quick wesker question for you guys, when you are running wesker alone, after an air combo that sends them to the ground.. what do you hit after gunshotting them OTG? I can never pick them up after the shot. What am I missing?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dirtbag said:
well after watching that I just spent the last two hours online with wolverine and it completely changed my game. Now I'm running some mix of Wolvie / Spencer / Akuma / Doom / Wesker.

Quick wesker question for you guys, when you are running wesker alone, after an air combo that sends them to the ground.. what do you hit after gunshotting them OTG? I can never pick them up after the shot. What am I missing?

Only thing you can do is press team combo, which causes Maximum Wesker to come out or X-Factor into level 3 hyper.

smurfx

get some go again
definitely had a really rough start when i became a 4th lord but i'm getting a bunch of wins now and from a bunch of higher ranked players too. gotta keep winning because i don't want to get knocked down to 5th lord and have to face a bunch of 5th lords or higher and wont improve. i really hope they don't add nero to mvc. they already made dante too damn annoying and i'm sure nero would be the same. i would rather they threw in somebody out of left field like ryu from the breath of fire series. bof 3 ryu would be preferred.

Dahbomb

Get DMC3SE, don't bother with vanilla DMC3. Agni and Rudra + Cerberus were tough battles, mostly because you don't have some of the better moves in the game yet. There are some tough boss battles after that but it doesn't really get super hard until the last boss fight Vergil which remains as one of the best boss fights in action game history.

And yes Dante has quite some moves in DMC3 that aren't in MVC3 plus one weapon (Spiral) that wasn't even used.

Like for example, he basically has a style that allows him to summon a clone like Zero. And he has another style that allows him to slow down time like Amaterasu.

If they also incorporated Royal Guard with Dante in MVC3, then he would automatically be God tier. Imagine having a character who builds up damage for every Advancing Guard and then releases that damage in a really fast, invulnerable dash (a hyper let's say) that takes at least half life on your character.

With all the tools that Dante has in DMC3SE, he still gets blown up by Vergil.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
Get DMC3SE, don't bother with vanilla DMC3. Agni and Rudra + Cerberus were tough battles, mostly because you don't have some of the better moves in the game yet. There are some tough boss battles after that but it doesn't really get super hard until the last boss fight Vergil which remains as one of the best boss fights in action game history.

And yes Dante has quite some moves in DMC3 that aren't in MVC3 plus one weapon (Spiral) that wasn't even used.

Like for example, he basically has a style that allows him to summon a clone like Zero. And he has another style that allows him to slow down time like Amaterasu.

If they also incorporated Royal Guard with Dante in MVC3, then he would automatically be God tier. Imagine having a character who builds up damage for every Advancing Guard and then releases that damage in a really fast, invulnerable dash (a hyper let's say) that takes at least half life on your character.

With all the tools that Dante has in DMC3SE, he still gets blown up by Vergil.
i would quit the game if they made dante any better in mvc 3. they want to improve something then give haggar a little bump in speed and let him throw some projectiles. throwing pipes would be a good one.

Dahbomb

They aren't going to make Dante any better, he is perfect the way he is right now. I was just saying that people who think that Dante has EVERYTHING from DMC3 is not entirely true. He still has a lot of tricks up his sleeves.

If they are going to do anything it would be to bring the other characters up to speed. Maybe a health reduction on Wesker but we'll see. Capcom has until June 1st I believe to put out any balance changes because after that the patch will not be used for EVO which is what matters.

And SHOUT OUT to 645 for having a chance to play against JWong. Must be a great feeling to go head to head with one of the best players in the world. Mad respect.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm hoping they make haggar a bit faster. he is so damn slow. i would like to see magnetos disruptor slowed down some and maybe slow down some of his meter building. definitely nerf dark phoenix a bit. i'm not even asking for much just maybe reduce her chip damage. its stupid losing because of non stop chip damage.

smurfx

get some go again
nice i'm beating everything but cosmic lords. got close once but a sentinel got me good. sentinel assist plus wolverine is such a bastard when the player is really good with wolverine.

Heading out to Power-Up in an hour. Haven't had much opportunity to practice. Hope I don't get bodied too hard.
You have an odd team. I feel like Felicia is kind of out there by herself.

No one gave Jojo a chance.
I never heard of it before talking to you.

So far MK9 hasn't been fun to watch for me. Maybe just cause it's early, but the matches come off very boring due to it's limited mechanics. Doing Tag matches might be a lot more interesting though.
I watched most of the matches at P-U this weekend. I did enjoy the Sub Zero turtle matches vs. Wong.

BTW the demo doesn't show jack shit about the game, 80% of the cast is missing for 1
Unless the rest of the cast plays under completely different mechanics, the demo shows everything I need to know. This wasn't an issue of "I just didn't like Scorpion and Sub Zero" for me. There were a few fights where I recognized that the game can definitely be fun.

Dormammu + wesker is a deadly combination. I've been mopping the floor with people online. As a side note I just checked the guide and he can do a 6,000,000 damage combo using the OTG capable liberation special. Not sure if that's a typo or not. Either way dorm is looking to be a fun character to use. I need to maximize his potential.
It's a typo, and they actually make it multiple times in the guide. 2D1C outputs ~1 million in level 3 X-Factor, though. Few things are more surprising and hilarious than launching someone and canceling into it just to see their life bar suddenly disappear.

Yea. Bayonetta is gdlk. It's easily King of the action genre this "gen". I wasn't to fond of Ninja Gaiden 2, but they both have demos that you can try out.
Aside from QTEs, Bayonetta is an awesome game, the peak of the action genre. Most DMC fans call it "what DMC4 should have been". That being said, I played it on the 360.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Aside from QTEs, Bayonetta is an awesome game, the peak of the action genre. Most DMC fans call it "what DMC4 should have been". That being said, I played it on the 360.
Agreed 100% although DMC4 is not as bad as some DMC fans make it out to be. Combat engine is still very solid and has a very high ceiling of what you can do in it with Dante.

Grecco

Oldschoolgamer said:
For the mag players.

My execution isn't good enough for this yet, but here is something for the Hyper Grav Loop.

Hyper Grav Loop help.

I still cant even do the day zero air stuff. Ugh. I need to hit the lab more.

Also, 1.Bayonetta is awesome and 2. If you want DMC try to get the trilogy, if you can get it for cheap, I got it for 9.99 and it has 1-2- and the Special Edition of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom