• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Justin's not doing anything amazing with her(AKA doing things im doing)

the difference here is TRON assist, and im not playing shitty characters i dont care about.

Tron is the best out of all the high hp characters on her own though :p *thor might be better*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K701 said:
So I just got invited into someone's room from NEOGAF (Who shall remain nameless) who even though was a 4th lord, had NO idea how to play the game. All he did was random supers, run away, and spam the same attacks over and over like hulk's air H.

I proceeded to beat him 10-0 but not before getting these gems:

"all you do is spam > block"

"this is fucking goddamn ridiculous all your hits hit first with priority zero is a fucking annoying little bitch"

PS: When he accused me of turtling I rushed him down with zero, when he said zero is annoying I switched characters.

Stay classy, GAF.
Damn, one of these days someone is going to air me out for doing this shit, thank god I only played local today.

beatsan

Neo Member
Does anybody think Chris Redfield is kinda/sorta godlike at keep away? With the right assists it's really hard to approach him. I faced off against my friend, who uses Chris,Dante, and Akuma, and he pwned my Viper, Morrigan, Doom team. It was hella frustrating to say the least =/

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Justin's not doing anything amazing with her(AKA doing things im doing)

the difference here is TRON assist, and im not playing shitty characters i dont care about.
do you have any footage of top shulk play, I'd love to see more?

beatsan

Neo Member
Gunloc said:
Yes, that's why I love him.

His landmines/grenade (whatever they are) are real annoying. You finally get in and then it's Advanced Guard into land mines, into whatever the hell he wants. I'm figuring him out tho. Trials and tribulations.

QisTopTier said:
This is not unexpected LOL haven't you read most of this thread :D

also god's beard GO READ CABLE AND DEADPOOL *it picks up a few issues in* or I'll somehow disable shuma from your copy of the game

sleepykyo said:
Still think you should try Daredevil: Born Again.
WHY DOES IT ALL HAVE TO BE RECYCLED CHARACTERS

Thank you guys for talking about Wolvie mission 9 -- after reading up on the mission in here, I decided to go take it on. It took me 10-20 minutes overall, but the knowledge of mashing H during the BB was invaluable.

19 missions to platinum...

sleepykyo said:
What the heck is a recycled character?
Why don't they write new stories? :-( It's all shit from the 60s or whatever. I don't want someone that lives in the same universe as wolverine and captain america...

Chris Redfield partnered with Arthur seems pretty strong to me so far.

I think Chris's damage output is awesome, way better than what I thought it would be.

zlatko

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Chris Redfield partnered with Arthur seems pretty strong to me so far.

I think Chris's damage output is awesome, way better than what I thought it would be.

A good keep away team is Chris, Magneto, Doom. You can put Chris on Point and spam their assists to keep people locked down. My first team I messed around with was Zero, Chris, Deadpool and it was really effective for both going on the offensive and for setting up an obstacle course for your opponent to get through to touch you.

hitsugi

viewtiful_dru said:
Man, fuck the haters. Dante is too cool not to use :p

and fuck Tron haters, she's awesome

he's cool once you start ACTUALLY using him. the guy has a million options that most people don't bother with

God's Beard said:
Why don't they write new stories? :-( It's all shit from the 60s or whatever. I don't want someone that lives in the same universe as wolverine and captain america...
Marvel comics almost all take place in the same shared fictional universe, where all the characters that have ever been in Marvel comics since the beginning exist. They created a new universe called Ultimate but it's still mostly the same characters, just written somewhat differently. Same is true for DC comics.

voodoopanda said:
Marvel comics almost all take place in the same shared fictional universe, where all the characters that have ever been in Marvel comics since the beginning exist. They created a new universe called Ultimate but it's still mostly the same characters, just written somewhat differently. Same is true for DC comics.
Wow. That's really sad.

Jintor

God's Beard said:

Shared universes are awesome, but if you want 'new' superhero universe, why not try... oh, I don't know... Planetary, Astro City, Invincibles, all that crazy stuff

Continuity is a harsh mistress. But why is it sad? It's awesome. So many Batmen.

Riposte

Ultimate Spiderman is like remastered Spiderman. Everything else basically makes the Ultimateverse the Assholeverse, everyone is a dick.

Xevren said:
If she has armor activated. Well, not invincible. Just can't knock her out of her attack. She still takes damage.

Yep. Hit her with a beam super during this time and it will still do the 1.5x damage. Just stay out of her range if possible.

Trust me, I read non-marvel comics. There's good and bad. Mostly bad. Hopefully that thread has some good stuff, though.

Jintor said:
Continuity is a harsh mistress. But why is it sad? It's awesome. So many Batmen.

Because it's an obvious marketing gimmick. They're doubling down on the hardcore reader and pushing fan service so hard it's almost unreadable. Because everything is in the same universe, they can push aside and bring back characters and storylines like it's the fucking stock market. Rather than focus on creativity and good art, they have this self-fellating obsession with reworking the same dried out piece of clay until it turns into sand, then they boil the sand into glass and break it. It's more like looney tunes than anything, just character-driven Mad Libs, professional fanfiction to generate hype for figurines and ticket sales.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
viewtiful_dru said:
Man, fuck the haters. Dante is too cool not to use :p

My reasoning exactly. Such a stylish bastard. I wonder if new meth head Dante will ever be dlc.

Grifter

Mister Wilhelm said:
Have more practical uses for Redfield's lvl 3 super been found yet?
i've been using it since day 1. there's invincibility so if they're rushing you relentlessly (which they want to do vs. chris), you can just pull it out. i also combo into it from assists that juggle or keep people busy. mainly i combo to a relaunch, otg with d+h into haggar (in the corner) or akuma assist, combo into l3 while they're in the air.

Riposte

I wonder what you expected out of Marvel? If you think it is impossible to for people to use creativity or draw good art within the boundaries of a superhero universe then you'll never get much enjoyment out of it. Should have gave that code to someone else.

sleepykyo

voodoopanda said:

Isn't Marvel Zombies, horrible writing aside, technically its own universe? There were some references that the last heroes in that universe closing the gates between their Earth and the main Marvel Earth. And also the exiles.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
sleepykyo said:
Isn't Marvel Zombies, horrible writing aside, technically its own universe? There were some references that the last heroes in that universe closing the gates between their Earth and the main Marvel Earth. And also the exiles.

There are tons and tons of alternate universes in Marvel (the main Marvel universe most are familiar with is number 616), but nearly all of them focus on the same well-known characters. It's what Marvel and DC are. You go to those companies for those characters, and occasionally they come up with something new and lasting. Usually, they don't.

There are tons of non-Marvel/DC books out there for those who don't care for the mainstream characters. There's never been a time with more variety or, more importantly, more respect for the people write and draw the books. You have to know where to look, but it's a fantastic time for comics, quality-wise, and has been for many years.

Ploid 3.0

I find that I take great joy out of beating someone by a pixel (photo finish type time out), watching them hit rematch, then proceed to scroll down to exit. I always exit anyway, just glad I find it entertaining to do.

Jintor

God's Beard said:
Because it's an obvious marketing gimmick. They're doubling down on the hardcore reader and pushing fan service so hard it's almost unreadable. Because everything is in the same universe, they can push aside and bring back characters and storylines like it's the fucking stock market. Rather than focus on creativity and good art, they have this self-fellating obsession with reworking the same dried out piece of clay until it turns into sand, then they boil the sand into glass and break it. It's more like looney tunes than anything, just character-driven Mad Libs, professional fanfiction to generate hype for figurines and ticket sales.

While somewhat true (especially from a non creator-centric view), it's also a highly cynical view of the entire matter. Discworld - not entirely applicable because it all comes from the mind of one man, but - Discworld is far more enjoyable because everything on the Disc interrelates. Ankh-Morpork in one book is the same Ankh-Morpork in the other book, only something else is happening then. Spiderman's New York is the same as the Fantastic Four's New York, only they're focusing on different things.

And there's other things. Some characters are archetypes, or authors can build off them and use your pre-knowledge of who they are - who they've been - to create works of complexity, subversion, you name it. Check out Neil Gaiman's 1604, for instance, which requires at least a passing knowledge of the characters of Doctor Doom, Captain America, Daredevil, and so on. Miller's Dark Knight Returns relies heavily on the Batman before DKR being entirely different to who he is now.

Good art and storytelling shines through no matter whether they take place in a shared universe or not. Judging based on that quantifier alone seems silly to me.

Jintor said:
Good art and storytelling shines through no matter whether they take place in a shared universe or not. Judging based on that quantifier alone seems silly to me.
I'm saying that Marvel relies obsessively on it as a crutch and it shows. The only comic I've heard of that I want to read and haven't is Sandman. I only have the Amano one and it was pretty good. Fantastic art, not like normal comics and their half-assed color jobs.

zlatko

Banned
So I just saw you can block both ways at once in this game over on SRK.com.

I swear everyday I go to SRK I see something else that seems so ridiculously broken. Desk I think his name is, has provided so much footage of breaking this game.

I'm pretty sure we are one or two weeks away from this game having something so broken revealed that won't be patchable. You really need some kind of crazy mans thinking to want to be pro at this game with the current state it is in. It's fun to play for shits and giggles, but anything past that seems absurd with how rushed out the door it was by Capcom.

zlatko said:

I swear everyday I go to SRK I see something else that seems so ridiculously broken. Desk I think his name is, has provided so much footage of breaking this game.

I'm pretty sure we are one or two weeks away from this game having something so broken revealed that won't be patchable. You really need some kind of crazy mans thinking to want to be pro at this game with the current state it is in. It's fun to play for shits and giggles, but anything past that seems absurd with how rushed out the door it was by Capcom.
let's not get silly. everything is patchable.

zlatko

Banned
akachan ningen said:

You have far more confidence in Capcom than I do. If they could charge you for patches and get away with it they totally would lol.

Jintor

God's Beard said:
I'm saying that Marvel relies obsessively on it as a crutch and it shows. The only comic I've heard of that I want to read and haven't is Sandman. I only have the Amano one and it was pretty good. Fantastic art, not like normal comics and their half-assed color jobs.

Don't get me wrong, DC does too. But Sandman technically takes place in the overall DC universe (or at least the Vertigo one) - would you dismiss it based on that?

Sandman's art varies crazily over its run, but the storytelling is always fantastic. I hope you enjoy it.

Kimosabae

Banned
zlatko said:

What the...?

Drama Queen much?

How many Marvel tournaments has Hustler Brian won?

Outside that exploit, I see nothing broken regarding this 2 week old game.

Jintor said:
Don't get me wrong, DC does too. But Sandman technically takes place in the overall DC universe (or at least the Vertigo one) - would you dismiss it based on that?

Sandman's art varies crazily over its run, but the storytelling is always fantastic. I hope you enjoy it.
What do you mean, technically? Is Superman flying all over the background?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
akachan ningen said:
Some things that need to be patched never will be.

They could've held off on Shadow Battle mode and just worked on Spectator and Replay mode instead, yet they worked on Shadow Battle and put an unlock out 2 weeks after the game shipped to give a false sense of post-release support. Priorities at Capcom are strange as hell. All the underlings seem like good dudes but the people at the top make some decisions that make you think, WTF CAPCOM?!

Like no alt colours for the alternate costumes. You almost had my money capcom. Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom