• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
USD said:
Sorry for the mega GIF, but I think it's worth it.

USD delivers.

Kimosabae

Banned
Bomb:

Jesus. Well, I can't say I can disagree with much of any of that. The Dante hype train was just dying down a bit - kinda hoping Wong possibly picking him up doesn't jumpstart it again.

Yeah, I know it's small-minded and petty.

Only thing I'm missing from my Dante is some of the more elaborate BnB (my Volcano series BnB does about 655,000 right now) and the DHC glitch - mostly because I'm having a hard time conceptualizing it since I haven't actually put my mind to it yet. Maybe you can help me out with that:

All that's required is a DHC into a Hyper that doesn't actually connect with an opponent in Spin Stun, correct (I know that's only one way to activate it).

With Wolverine/Dante/Iron Man; why doesn't Million Dollars -> Berserker Charge seem to work?

USD:

I knew you'd deliver.That shit is epic. Can you edit a general version without the Marvel context?

Neki

Kimosabae said:
Bomb:

Jesus. Well, I can't say I can disagree with much of any of that. The Dante hype train was just dying down a bit - kinda hoping Wong possibly picking him up doesn't jumpstart it again.

Yeah, I know it's small-minded and petty.

Only thing I'm missing from my Dante is some of the more elaborate BnB (my Volcano series BnB does about 655,000 right now) and the DHC glitch - mostly because I'm having a hard time conceptualizing it since I haven't actually put my mind to it yet. Maybe you can help me out with that:

All that's required is a DHC into a Hyper that doesn't actually connect with an opponent in Spin Stun, correct (I know that's only one way to activate it).

With Wolverine/Dante/Iron Man; why doesn't Million Dollars -> Berserker Charge seem to work?

USD:

I knew you'd deliver.That shit is epic. Can you edit a general version without the Marvel context?

Million Dollars - > Berserker Charge doesn't work because the game identifies million dollars as Dante directly doing damage to the opponent. You need a move that indirectly attacks the opponent, or doesn't even damage the opponent. You'll need to do Devil Trigger - > Berserker Charge if you want the DHC glitch.

Kimosabae said:

The opponent has to enter a Spin Stun state after DHCing into a powerup hyper. So for example with Wolverine/Tron (my combo), Tron shoots a Beacon Bomb then does a hyper while the opponent is captured. When I DHC into Wolverine with Berserker Charge, then the opponent enters the spin state. So with Dante/Wolverine, you can do the rocket grappling hook (or Crazy Dance Macabre) then Devil Trigger or use Million Dollars (must not hit) then DHC into Wolverine

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Im back playing mofos. I have been taking a hiatus do to some research deadlines. Hopefully I can get some matches in now. Have not had the time for quite a while.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MThanded said:
Im back playing mofos. I have been taking a hiatus do to some research deadlines. Hopefully I can get some matches in now. Have not had the time for quite a while.
I left my copy at a bud's house who lives quite a bit away.

Was going to pick up CapAm today in celebration too, but alas I don't even know when I'll get my copy back.

Ultimoo said:
Million Dollars - > Berserker Charge doesn't work because the game identifies million dollars as Dante directly doing damage to the opponent. You need a move that indirectly attacks the opponent, or doesn't even damage the opponent. You'll need to do Devil Trigger - > Berserker Charge if you want the DHC glitch.
I'm pretty sure Devil Trigger only starts the DHC trick if you cancel it from the grappling hook.

Neki

God's Beard said:
I'm pretty sure Devil Trigger only starts the DHC trick if you cancel it from the grappling hook.
Yeah I think you're right. I just made a touch of death combo with Tron + Sentinel that will kill every character on the cast (except for Thor) only needing 1.5 bars to start off, so good.

Dahbomb said:
He's top tier for sure, meaning in this game he is Top 5.

Now before I explain why I think he's top tier/top 5, I will also list the other 4 on that list: Phoenix, Magneto, Amaterasu, Wesker. I would also like to mention that Dante is to be evaluated as a RUSHDOWN character and any moves he has that allow him to zone is merely a bonus to his moveset.

One strength that immediately comes to Dante is his range on normals, which are some of the best in the game. For a rushdown character, this trait is huge. His st.L probably has the highest range out of all the st.L in the game (but it's also one of the slowest). Dante can control space just by using his normals well enough. Only other character who is a rushdown character and has as much priority on moves as Dante is Zero and in the top 5 no character out prioritizes Dante in the normal. His jumping attacks coupled with his air dash allow for ridiculously unfair cross ups and PRACTICAL high/low unblockable set ups.

Now this strength also brings up one of Dante's very few weaknesses which is that his normals are slow to come out and some of them are very punishable on block. This would be true if this was another character but Dante has Bold cancels and style cancels which allows him to make virtually any of his unsafe move safe. This includes Stinger, which covers over half the screen and can hit confirm into a combo using Stinger -> bold cancel -> Volcano. He can also cancel into Weasel Shot/Gun shots and can even hit confirm some of these into a full combo along with doing chip damage on block. Out of the top 5 and not including Phoenix, Dante has ridiculously high block damage coming off of normal attacks and these can easily be made safe if needed.

After covering the strength of his normals and bold cancelling, we come to his damage output which is HIGH with Dante. In fact it is one of the best in the game and out of the top 5 (again not including Phoenix) only Magneto matches Dante in the combo category. We are looking at a 700K+ life lost off of a clean hit with Dante's new bread and butter, a combo which also builds around 2 meter. Adding more Acid Rain loops or more difficult stuff into the bread and butter allows Dante to downright kill any low health character in the game. Dante starting with 1 to 1.5 meter can easily finish that combo into a lvl3, killing off higher health characters in the game. Dante is self sufficient in his combos (doesn't need an OTG assist), if he gets a clean hit off. If he gets an aerial hit then he has to revert to his day 1 stuff which still does respectable damage.

Now we come to mix ups and throw game/reset game. Because Dante has high priority moves and solid mobility (air dash plus a tracking teleport) he will usually get plenty of chances to get a combo in. Plus his jumping attacks allow for practical unblockable set ups. Tracking teleport combined with a space covering/lock down assist allow for really hard to block mix ups and cross ups. Add in Acid Rain mix up on an incoming character along with Bold cancelling to bait a punish attempt, I have never seen Dante have difficulty opening people up. No good player uses his teleport raw and if he does it's usually to punish an attack on reaction which I will cover later on in when I discuss Dante's match ups. Dante's weakness as far as comparison to top 5 goes is that he has very limited damage potential from his air throw... BUT with an assist he can follow up from his throw and do respectable damage. Dante is usually the point man on the team and having an assist that allows him to abuse his teleport and follow up combos from an air throw (which buffs his reset game) is usually mandatory just like it's mandatory for Wolverine to have a lockdown assist or an assist that allows him to combo after his OTG slide.

Talking about Dante's tools, he has plenty of them (duh). Dante as an assist/anchor is extremely solid as he has two really great assists and one of them being the best anti-air assist in the game (Jam Session). With nice X Factor bonuses and a Devil Trigger, he can play anchor really well. Being in the Top 5 list in the game for on Point rushdown skills alone WHILE having great assists and anchor potential means that Dante is going to be seeing play for quite some time now. And of course in the current meta game, Dante is one of the very few characters who can initiate the DHC glitch (he has in fact 2 ways of doing this) and can follow it up which will almost always kill a character. DHC glitch is a very nice bonus to Dante who is already a powerful character in the game, not that he even needed it.

Dante's zoning tools are decent and get the job done for him, which is usually to set up his mix ups. Acid Rain is great and can be used defensively too. Hysteric is nice, Grapple set ups combos, Air Guitar coves space long enough for Dante to come in and even hit confirm into a combo. Air Raid does godly amounts of chip damage and Vortex is invincible, plus Dante is one of the few characters who can heal on point if needed (with a damage boost). Dante has two moves to ground bounce with and a move to wall bounce with. Hammer is one of the best moves in the game, it is INVULNERABLE, gives 20+ frames on BLOCK, causes Hard knock down on hit, hits High, cancels from jump S making it safe and has deceptively high range. Hammer single handedly bodies Wolverine as it snuffs out all his high priority moves (Drill Claw, Dive Kick). Only problem with Hammer is that if you mess up the input you will get a Killer Bee out and that is very punishable.

In fact, Dante's only weakness is the player. Currently, Dante is the king of dropped combos or wrong move input (especially those that have the mash H or mash S property). Most Dante players don't use all of his tools, it is like a split among players where some use a few tools of Dante while others use some other tools of Dante. Floe's Dante is a lot different than Josh Wong's Dante because they use different set of tools and different BnBs.

Finally, we come to Dante's match ups which is really how we evaluate tier lists. Dante is one of the few characters who has great match ups against Zero/Amaterasu because of his high priority attacks (most of Dante's normals easily hit Amaterasu, a problem for other characters). Dante bodies Wolverine with Hammer for free but it's really up to the player to make good reads and not get locked down by an assist. No character can runaway from Dante and Dante does extremely well against zoners or flight characters. Dante is also one of the few characters who does well against Phoenix as he has the tools to beat her but it is usually hard (as it is for every other character in the game). Dante beats out any character who is already free to zoning as Dante has decent zoning tools which can be converted into a combo opportunity. When all is said and done, Dante doesn't really have a bad match up.

Currently, I would say Dante is in 5th place in the Top 5 only because players haven't even come close to mastering him (those who use Dante have admitted it themselves). He has no where to go but up. Dante is used less and has been less effective than other characters at high level play, because characters like Wesker/Amaterasu/Taskmaster are WAY easier to play with and be effective with. That still hasn't stopped him from winning a tournament or two.

If you want to see good Dante play where a team is made around him as the main guy, watch some Josh Wong matches on the Break Weekly. He is a consistent top performer in those weekly tournaments and he uses Sentinels Drones for mix ups and Felicia's assist for the unblockable set ups. Basically he gets in a touch with Dante, does a combo and drops it intentionally so that the player drops to the ground so he can be met with an unblockable set up which will always lead to a full combo.
Two things:

Please tell me you have a 360 and Xbl...

Can you write up something like this for the other top four(preferably Ammy)?

This is some seriously detailed stuff in here. It's way more useful than trying to glean stuff from the guides in my opinion.

Ultimoo said:
Yeah I think you're right. I just made a touch of death combo with Tron + Sentinel that will kill every character on the cast (except for Thor) only needing 1.5 bars to start off, so good.
Yeah, my magnus/thor combo does that only needing 0 bars to start off and kills Thor. Kinda hard to do, but I'm getting it down.

smurfx

get some go again
feels good seeing my 4th lord bar filling back up. was down to almost nothing a while back. slowly inching towards half. its going to take me a while to get to 3rd lord but i know i will get there eventually. starting to figure out how to take out she hulk too so soon she won't be that much of a problem. i've completely figured out sentinel at this point. if i have my taskmaster and they call in their sentinel then that is one dead sentinel. wolverine, magneto and trish are some of the characters that still give me some problems.

Masamuna

How does X-23 (b)/Task (a)/Doom (y) sound as a team?

Horizontal arrows help X approach from long, Rocks help mid to upclose and also help her combo in DHC glitch. Once task is in both assists help his mixup game or so I hope.

Also, does anyone know the best followup for Task post DHC glitch?

Dahbomb said:
He's top tier for sure, meaning in this game he is Top 5.

Now before I explain why I think he's top tier/top 5, I will also list the other 4 on that list: Phoenix, Magneto, Amaterasu, Wesker. I would also like to mention that Dante is to be evaluated as a RUSHDOWN character and any moves he has that allow him to zone is merely a bonus to his moveset.

One strength that immediately comes to Dante is his range on normals, which are some of the best in the game. For a rushdown character, this trait is huge. His st.L probably has the highest range out of all the st.L in the game (but it's also one of the slowest). Dante can control space just by using his normals well enough. Only other character who is a rushdown character and has as much priority on moves as Dante is Zero and in the top 5 no character out prioritizes Dante in the normal. His jumping attacks coupled with his air dash allow for ridiculously unfair cross ups and PRACTICAL high/low unblockable set ups.

Now this strength also brings up one of Dante's very few weaknesses which is that his normals are slow to come out and some of them are very punishable on block. This would be true if this was another character but Dante has Bold cancels and style cancels which allows him to make virtually any of his unsafe move safe. This includes Stinger, which covers over half the screen and can hit confirm into a combo using Stinger -> bold cancel -> Volcano. He can also cancel into Weasel Shot/Gun shots and can even hit confirm some of these into a full combo along with doing chip damage on block. Out of the top 5 and not including Phoenix, Dante has ridiculously high block damage coming off of normal attacks and these can easily be made safe if needed.

After covering the strength of his normals and bold cancelling, we come to his damage output which is HIGH with Dante. In fact it is one of the best in the game and out of the top 5 (again not including Phoenix) only Magneto matches Dante in the combo category. We are looking at a 700K+ life lost off of a clean hit with Dante's new bread and butter, a combo which also builds around 2 meter. Adding more Acid Rain loops or more difficult stuff into the bread and butter allows Dante to downright kill any low health character in the game. Dante starting with 1 to 1.5 meter can easily finish that combo into a lvl3, killing off higher health characters in the game. Dante is self sufficient in his combos (doesn't need an OTG assist), if he gets a clean hit off. If he gets an aerial hit then he has to revert to his day 1 stuff which still does respectable damage.

Now we come to mix ups and throw game/reset game. Because Dante has high priority moves and solid mobility (air dash plus a tracking teleport) he will usually get plenty of chances to get a combo in. Plus his jumping attacks allow for practical unblockable set ups. Tracking teleport combined with a space covering/lock down assist allow for really hard to block mix ups and cross ups. Add in Acid Rain mix up on an incoming character along with Bold cancelling to bait a punish attempt, I have never seen Dante have difficulty opening people up. No good player uses his teleport raw and if he does it's usually to punish an attack on reaction which I will cover later on in when I discuss Dante's match ups. Dante's weakness as far as comparison to top 5 goes is that he has very limited damage potential from his air throw... BUT with an assist he can follow up from his throw and do respectable damage. Dante is usually the point man on the team and having an assist that allows him to abuse his teleport and follow up combos from an air throw (which buffs his reset game) is usually mandatory just like it's mandatory for Wolverine to have a lockdown assist or an assist that allows him to combo after his OTG slide.

Talking about Dante's tools, he has plenty of them (duh). Dante as an assist/anchor is extremely solid as he has two really great assists and one of them being the best anti-air assist in the game (Jam Session). With nice X Factor bonuses and a Devil Trigger, he can play anchor really well. Being in the Top 5 list in the game for on Point rushdown skills alone WHILE having great assists and anchor potential means that Dante is going to be seeing play for quite some time now. And of course in the current meta game, Dante is one of the very few characters who can initiate the DHC glitch (he has in fact 2 ways of doing this) and can follow it up which will almost always kill a character. DHC glitch is a very nice bonus to Dante who is already a powerful character in the game, not that he even needed it.

Dante's zoning tools are decent and get the job done for him, which is usually to set up his mix ups. Acid Rain is great and can be used defensively too. Hysteric is nice, Grapple set ups combos, Air Guitar coves space long enough for Dante to come in and even hit confirm into a combo. Air Raid does godly amounts of chip damage and Vortex is invincible, plus Dante is one of the few characters who can heal on point if needed (with a damage boost). Dante has two moves to ground bounce with and a move to wall bounce with. Hammer is one of the best moves in the game, it is INVULNERABLE, gives 20+ frames on BLOCK, causes Hard knock down on hit, hits High, cancels from jump S making it safe and has deceptively high range. Hammer single handedly bodies Wolverine as it snuffs out all his high priority moves (Drill Claw, Dive Kick). Only problem with Hammer is that if you mess up the input you will get a Killer Bee out and that is very punishable.

In fact, Dante's only weakness is the player. Currently, Dante is the king of dropped combos or wrong move input (especially those that have the mash H or mash S property). Most Dante players don't use all of his tools, it is like a split among players where some use a few tools of Dante while others use some other tools of Dante. Floe's Dante is a lot different than Josh Wong's Dante because they use different set of tools and different BnBs.

Finally, we come to Dante's match ups which is really how we evaluate tier lists. Dante is one of the few characters who has great match ups against Zero/Amaterasu because of his high priority attacks (most of Dante's normals easily hit Amaterasu, a problem for other characters). Dante bodies Wolverine with Hammer for free but it's really up to the player to make good reads and not get locked down by an assist. No character can runaway from Dante and Dante does extremely well against zoners or flight characters. Dante is also one of the few characters who does well against Phoenix as he has the tools to beat her but it is usually hard (as it is for every other character in the game). Dante beats out any character who is already free to zoning as Dante has decent zoning tools which can be converted into a combo opportunity. When all is said and done, Dante doesn't really have a bad match up.

Currently, I would say Dante is in 5th place in the Top 5 only because players haven't even come close to mastering him (those who use Dante have admitted it themselves). He has no where to go but up. Dante is used less and has been less effective than other characters at high level play, because characters like Wesker/Amaterasu/Taskmaster are WAY easier to play with and be effective with. That still hasn't stopped him from winning a tournament or two.

If you want to see good Dante play where a team is made around him as the main guy, watch some Josh Wong matches on the Break Weekly. He is a consistent top performer in those weekly tournaments and he uses Sentinels Drones for mix ups and Felicia's assist for the unblockable set ups. Basically he gets in a touch with Dante, does a combo and drops it intentionally so that the player drops to the ground so he can be met with an unblockable set up which will always lead to a full combo.

Wow. Agree with all this. I think Dante could possibly be the best character in the game, actually.

This is my opinion at the moment, alphabetical within tiers:

Akuma
Amaterasu
Dante
Magneto
Phoenix
Wesker

High

Doctor Doom - this takes his assists into account.
Iron Man - underrated and for the amount of damage he does, I'm surprised more people don't use him.
Sentinel - even after health nerf, x-factor is ridiculous and he can kill pretty much anyone on his own with two meters.
She Hulk
Storm - not quite top tier, but probably the highest of high
Taskmaster
Trish
Zero
Wolverine

Mid

C. Viper - might go up as more people use her.
Dormammu - I feel people aren't playing him right yet. I think his game should revolve around getting lvl 3 creation/destruction zoning traps going.
Chun-Li
Chris Redfield - Can be really effective in the hands of someone that understands zoning and huge damage, not convinced he's low tier yet.
Deadpool
Felicia
Haggar - would be low if not for his assist.
Hsien Ko - same as Haggar.
Morrigan - will more than likely move up, so much potential
Spencer - bionic arm has people really high on him at the moment, but with his small and predictable command list I feel like he is going to be thoroughly figured out not long from now.
Spider-Man - new tech/comnos make him viable.
Super-Skrull - excellent damage output but not as viable without a good assist, keeps him from high tier
Tron - would be low without assist
Viewtiful Joe - will probably forever be mid tier but he's definitely worth exploring as a character
X-23 - should go up in the future

Low

Arthur - A character that really deserves to be explored but he has glaring weaknesses that make people understandably hesitant to try
Captain America - Needs a buff
Hulk - No great assists and can be hopeless on his own even in lvl 3 x-factor
M.O.D.O.K. - Needs tech but will more than likely move up in the future.
Ryu - Needs a buff.
Thor - Might be mid tier but needs more playtime

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Red flags when Thor and Dorm are that relatively low. I do not agree with that. I also don't agree with placements of characters on a list who we haven't seen much of at all.

Most character's absolute dependance on assist characters to create viable setups in real matches makes a tier list pretty hard to make or even justify really.

I still remember at pre-release events seeing Trish and Dante on EVERY team.

Neki

Top Tier:
Wesker
Dante
Ammy
Magneto
Phoenix
Wolverine

Mid Tier:
Trish
Taskmaster
Zero
Akuma
Storm
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Dorm

Tron and Doom are iffy because they have tough time opening people up, but have amazing assists. Just a rough list though.

everyone is else is lower tier. :O

My tier list:

Amaterasu
Dante
Magneto
Wesker
She Hulk
Wolverine

High
Akuma
C.viper
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Pheonix
Sentinel
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Trish
Tron
X-23
Zero

Mid

Chun-Li
Chris Redfield
Deadpool
Felicia
Hulk
Haggar
Hsien Ko
Iron Man
Morrigan
Spencer
Spider-Man
Thor
Viewtiful Joe

Low

Arthur
Captain America
MODOK
Ryu

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
Top Tier:
Wesker
Dante
Ammy
Magneto
Phoenix
Wolverine

Mid Tier:
Trish
Taskmaster
Zero
Akuma
Storm
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Dorm

Tron and Doom are iffy because they have tough time opening people up, but have amazing assists. Just a rough list though.

everyone is else is lower tier. :O
where's cap's shield?

enzo_gt said:
Red flags when Thor and Dorm are that relatively low. I do not agree with that. I also don't agree with placements of characters on a list who we haven't seen much of at all.

Thor has yet to be proven. Yeah, Justin Wong had some success with him but I think most of his wins from that tournament came from other people's mistakes and inexperience against the character.

Dorm has some really, really bad matchups. I have no problem with people ranking him high tier but I'm more comfortable putting him at the top of the mid bracket.

Grecco

biosnake20 said:
Whatever you prefer but most people use square gate and most sticks come with square gate.

Kinda curious to see what others here used. Ive switched gates like 4 or 5 times in the past month :(

Axis

octo-gate, personally...square gate just feels restricting to me.

also, i think viper's being a bit underrated in these lists...i personally think she's really good but i could be biased being a viper main =/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mister Wilhelm said:
Thor has yet to be proven. Yeah, Justin Wong had some success with him but I think most of his wins from that tournament came from other people's mistakes and inexperience against the character.

Dorm has some really, really bad matchups. I have no problem with people ranking him high tier but I'm more comfortable putting him at the top of the mid bracket.
I'm genuinely curious, what are Dorm's bad match ups?

Axis said:
octo-gate, personally...square gate just feels restricting to me.

also, i think viper's being a bit underrated in these lists...i personally think she's really good but i could be biased being a viper main =/
Best character nobody plays.

smurfx

get some go again
man im thinking of getting an arcade pad. my ssf4 pad has been messing up a lot of blocks. i can't really do one of zeros combos because my stupid pad always messes up the quarter circle.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Practicing Magneto combos makes me really wish this game had like, no-wall mode in training mode or something where they could just loop the background over and over like a Flintstones cartoon. Having to hypergrav dudes out of the corner after every combo is pretty irritating.

Neki

Lost Fragment said:
Practicing Magneto combos makes me really wish this game had like, no-wall mode in training mode or something where they could just loop the background over and over like a Flintstones cartoon. Having to hypergrav dudes out of the corner after every combo is pretty irritating.
Couldn't you just set the CPU to always walk towards you?

Man, I need to run Beacon Bomb / Hyper Grav as assists, makes you almost able to cancel any hyper into the DHC glitch. Gustaff fire is too good though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lost Fragment said:
Has there ever been a fighting game without corners/edges (for 3D planed fighters)?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Which ones? Tekken 6 was my intro into the series and corners/walls are there in full effect. Never played the rest, but for some reason I feel media for others showed walls too.

enzo_gt said:
Which ones? Tekken 6 was my intro into the series and corners/walls are there in full effect. Never played the rest, but for some reason I feel media for others showed walls too.
The series had no walls until Tekken 4.

And T6 ha a few infinite stages. The roulette board and sheep stage come to mind.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Lost Fragment said:
Haha, yeah. I always end up practicing in the corner and end up getting used to corner-only combos because of it sometimes.

Kimosabae

Banned
Thanks for the help with the DHC glitch guys. Practiced a lot today, but the problem with training with Dante is that it's waaay too easy to get distracted.

Dahbomb

Sorry for the late response, was busy with some stuff.

For Dante to activate the DHC glitch, you need to end a combo in the Grapple or Crazy Dance, then Devil Trigger then DHC into a hyper that doesn't hit like Berserker Charge. Check out the RogueYoshi vs Sanford video, he does it in the first match with Sentinel.

Please tell me you have a 360 and Xbl...

Can you write up something like this for the other top four(preferably Ammy)?

This is some seriously detailed stuff in here. It's way more useful than trying to glean stuff from the guides in my opinion.
I have a PS3 and PSN but I don't play fighters online. Even if I did my connection would be intolerable for others so I just don't bother. Maybe if I get a better connection I will hop online but that will not be happening soon.

I am not as experienced with the other top 4 (except Wesker, play him quite a bit too) but I can certainly give my opinion on them. Not as much as Dante but something for people to chew on and know where these characters stand at high level play.

I listed my tier list for MVC3 a while back, if anyone wants to revisit it. I don't think any character is "crap" or nonviable just that certain characters have a lot more tools than others (or just simply better tools). I still think characters like Spider Man, Thor, MODOK and Chris should be higher in the tier list, especially Spider Man who has way too much damage potential with the right assists.

As far as the other tier lists go, they are all alright and about on par with what most people think. The fact that everyone has some disparity between tier lists means it's not really easy to put a tier list in the game. The difference between Top tier and High tier isn't that much, in fact tournaments have been won by using characters from High tier (like She Hulk and Dormammu).

Enzo is correct in saying that team synergy is more important than individual characters because otherwise She Hulk and Wolverine would barely be high tier.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I finally reviewed all of my performances on the Power-Up stream. Not as many horrible mistakes as I remember but damn did I suck at finishing my combos in teams. Ultradavid is so complimentary though. <3

Also I really need to get my glasses adjusted, lmao. Always pushing them back up on camera.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sixfortyfive said:
I finally reviewed all of my performances on the Power-Up stream. Not as many horrible mistakes as I remember but damn did I suck at finishing my combos in teams. Ultradavid is so complimentary though. <3

Also I really need to get my glasses adjusted, lmao. Always pushing them back up on camera.
So the clock was outside your field of vision then, understandable.
Good show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom