• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's proving to be damn near impossible to find a normally priced Mad Catz TE stick or any TE stick at all over here, so I've got my eye on a Hori Real Arcade Pro I can easily order. Problem is, it's PS3 and I play all my fighting games on 360. I've been looking into PS3 to Xbox converters, but the consensus seems to be that it introduces way too much lag to be worth it.

Most of the posts I found were from around 2009 though so my question to GAF is: have any reliable (nearly) lagless PS3 to Xbox converters been released and if so which one if any would you recommend? I know the other option is to mod in a PCB port, which isn't an option for my unsavvy hands.

Asked this in the arcade stick thread too, but no replies there so far.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Uhm...it's slightly easier to find, but the other ones I found were the bland one (the PS3 is the BlazBlue edition and I vastly prefer its look) and is priced twice as much. I'm not really willing to pay the same price for the HRAP as I would for the TE.

The PS3 stick I can get for 70 euro, and the normal ones all retail at 150.

Dahbomb said:
Zero can OTG but he can't follow it up afterwards just like how it is with Wolverine (unless he is in Sogenmu mode). You basically just get the one hit, like Wolverine. With an assist Zero has an easier time following up his stuff.

I loved that Zero/Wesker combo, it fleshed out Zero's game much more. It definitely seems like in order to maximize Zero you need a "get in" assist like Cold/Drones and an OTG assist to bolster his throw/Buster game.

And it had to happen sooner or later, ChrisG replacing Ryu.
Yeah, ChrisG made damn good use of Wesker in his Zero combos. Also, he repeatedly followed up an air combo Buster shot with teleport down, Shippuga. I've always seen Buster followed up by Raikousen L and then standing S. And yes, he did use Zero's own OTG a couple times in that grand final, paired with the Ammy assist. Good stuff.

Dahbomb

sonicspear64 said:
My money match against Mike Ross:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjAAzGpG66Q&feature=related

I think I did pretty good. I had problems blocking Storm high-low mixups cause the only other Storm I've ever played was Osirun's. The more I play on PS3, I hate it though. Miss the easiest bnb's all the time on PS3. :(
Still missing less BnBs than Mike Ross.

Storm high/low mix ups are trickier than they look because of the whole float trick. It's hard to describe but it uses the float after the jump cancel to cause weird timings on overheads. Still need to figure out exactly how to do this as I am a Storm player LOL!

Dahbomb said:
Still missing less BnBs than Mike Ross.

Storm high/low mix ups are trickier than they look because of the whole float trick. It's hard to describe but it uses the float after the jump cancel to cause weird timings on overheads. Still need to figure out exactly how to do this as I am a Storm player LOL!

So the bigger question is... what did you do with the $5 that you won?
Don't you just hit up, up+M?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Japanese commentators getting hyped for MVC3 is awesome!

Also a TRUE Marvel vs Capcom match. One team all Capcom and one team all Marvel characters.
Seeing the Japanese get hype is amazing. In this particular set they do play a lot like Americans though. That Viewtiful Joe technology from way back was definitely a different style of play from this or any American play.

I think I even heard the guy saying "OCV" when Zero was killing it in the 2nd game.

Dahbomb

Yeah I edited it out after finishing the video... :p

Parallax Scroll said:
Don't you just hit up, up+M?
S instead of M. M is that kick thingie, you want the jump S because of its huge hit box. But yeah it's double up and then a button. But you can like hold down Up and mess with their timings a bit.

Dahbomb said:
Yeah I edited it out after finishing the video... :p

S instead of M. M is that kick thingie, you want the jump S because of its huge hit box. But yeah it's double up and then a button. But you can like hold down Up and mess with their timings a bit.
Good to know. M comes out 2 frames quicker but I hadn't thought about the hitbox.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sonicspear64 said:
My money match against Mike Ross:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjAAzGpG66Q&feature=related

I think I did pretty good. I had problems blocking Storm high-low mixups cause the only other Storm I've ever played was Osirun's. The more I play on PS3, I hate it though. Miss the easiest bnb's all the time on PS3. :(
Yeah you did do pretty well once you broke free of the rushdown. Those were pretty entertaining matches to watch.

Is the discrepancy between 360 and PS3 really that big?

Dahbomb

Dude I don't know why you are using Tron AND Chun Li seems like you only need one of them (ie good assist character). Unless you have some beastly team synergy between those two.

I see that you use the Chun assist to combo after the rocks assist but you need more of a "get in" assist with Tron.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Dude I don't know why you are using Tron AND Chun Li seems like you only need one of them (ie good assist character). Unless you have some beastly team synergy between those two.

Hrmm you know I'm actually surprised I've *never* seen chunli on a team on stream. Very sad actually.

Dahbomb said:
Speaking of team synergy, it seems that Haggar, Zero, and Sent complement each other well. Zero's the star of the show, but I can lose any one of those 3 and still have a pretty deadly combination in the two remaining characters.

Dahbomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIve-64VRO0&feature=relmfu

Anyone seen this before? What's this about? Some new Marvel DVD that Cross Counter is working on? Seems like a lot of high level stuff in it.

Hrmm you know I'm actually surprised I've *never* seen chunli on a team on stream. Very sad actually.
I saw this one Chun Li on RAMnation, was using her on Point with Tron/Phoenix. He had some GODLIKE combos with Chun Li, using the fireball and stuff. He did a lot of TACs though and that's how he built the meter for Phoenix.

Not much to say about that Phoenix but the Chun Li skills were on point for sure. You would think that there would be more Chun Li players using her for the assist and anchor position because she is great at that spot too.

Problem with Chunners is her low ass damage on random hits and general combos, lots of work to put into her to get some decent damage. She also has no DHC glitch set up and no way to OTG and in the current metagame those two things are seen of great value. Maybe once the DHC glitch is removed and maybe Tron assist toned down we will see more Chun Li. Certainly one of the best lockdown assist in the game.

I just tried this in the corner with Zero/Haggar using Zero's OTG... not hard at all.

s.LMH > Shippuga > S ^ sj.MMHS > Haggar Lariat assist > jump, Sentsuizan H (OTG), Shippuga > S ^ sj.MMHS > Rekkoha

And that's without charging the buster. Thanks to ChrisG for showing that you can juggle with Shippuga like that.

One other thing I noticed about ChrisG's Zero is he would sometimes only let H and f+H only hit once in his ground chains instead of 3 times each. I'm assuming this is to reduce hitstun scaling for his later relaunches.

Edit: Actually the timing on the second Shippuga (the one that juggles them after the Lariat) is a little tricky. Do it too early and the opponent is too high to connect another air combo. Wait too long and you drop the combo.

Dahbomb

Nah didn't see it on PowerUp though I watched most of the Marvel games.

Should be a good project, seems like Viscant goes really in depth with Wesker's reset/mix up games in the corner.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Nah didn't see it on PowerUp though I watched most of the Marvel games.

Should be a good project, seems like Viscant goes really in depth with Wesker's reset/mix up games in the corner.
They played it during MK I think.

Oh my god this FT10 is so fucking hype so far. Make sure to take the morning after pill. And that Ryu Level 3 holy SHIT.

Chris G is definitely one of my favourite players to watch. Dude plays such a patient game.

Dahbomb said:

I see that you use the Chun assist to combo after the rocks assist but you need more of a "get in" assist with Tron.

Well for my team Wolvy/Tron/Chun, I use Tron's assist as a combo breaker/combo extender and Chun's for throw mixups with blockstrings and as a combo extender for Wolvy and Tron. I don't/can't call Chun in the middle of a loose blockstring because she will get killed.

I'm working on switching Chun out with Dante. Jam Session does the same as Legs for my combos. Tron and Wolverine benefit from the coverage. It also has better corner lockdown so that's good too. The problem is that I have to really learn Dante to become effective with him as anchor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chris G countering that Hard Drive with Wesker with zero life left. HYPE.

God DAMN.

EDIT: RESPECT MY PRIORITAH. Lmao.

Dahbomb

sonicspear64 said:
Well for my team Wolvy/Tron/Chun, I use Tron's assist as a combo breaker/combo extender and Chun's for throw mixups with blockstrings and as a combo extender for Wolvy and Tron. I don't/can't call Chun in the middle of a loose blockstring because she will get killed.

I'm working on switching Chun out with Dante. Jam Session does the same as Legs for my combos. Tron and Wolverine benefit from the coverage. It also has better corner lockdown so that's good too. The problem is that I have to really learn Dante to become effective with him as anchor.
Dante would probably be better too, especially because you want that aerial coverage for Tron's jump H.

Wesker is mid-tier folks, Andre said so.
He also said that Ryu is the best character in the game. Right in that video.

Crowd getting real HYPE at that RYU display.

USD

Dahbomb said:
He also said that Ryu is the best character in the game. Right in that video.
He's trolling about Ryu, but he does insist that Wesker is mid-tier. He has said that on multiple occasions.

Dahbomb

I thought he was trolling about Wesker too. He thinks Trish is top tier although that is closer to the truth.

BTW that Wesker ChrisG comeback was OMFG! 1 pixel comeback against Storm and Sentinel... NO X factor.

Remember the "G" in ChrisG stands for GODLIKE.

JeTmAn81

Dahbomb said:
I thought he was trolling about Wesker too. He thinks Trish is top tier although that is closer to the truth.

BTW that Wesker ChrisG comeback was OMFG! 1 pixel comeback against Storm and Sentinel... NO X factor.

Remember the "G" in ChrisG stands for GODLIKE.

Yup, had to watch that comeback again. ChrisG is truly impressive, especially what he's able to do with the ostensibly low-tier Ryu.

Dahbomb

Ryu is not that bad as to call him Low tier though. Although I don't know what constitutes Mid tier in this game, Ryu is probably in the lower half of the game. Still solid though and you should never underestimate Ryu in a well constructed team.

Also people were all up in arms over JWong using Phoenix on point but I have been saying this since day 1 that Phoenix on point is NOT a losing strategy if your goal is to JUST use Phoenix and not have her transform.

JWong didn't have enough experience with it and he was most definitely trolling but I think he has something in the lab. Or at least someone else might. Thing is that Phoenix (regular version) aside from the health differential is essentially a top tier character but no one really uses her tools all that well because they are scared to use meter (which essentially cuts down regular Phoenix's games to shit as she can't inflate her health with Healing Field and she can't put out damage with Phoenix Rage), scared to die from one touch and scared to use X Factor early.

Once a player just realizes that he isn't going to use Dark Phoenix and builds a team around Phoenix on point, that player might blow through people with it. Regular Phoenix flat out beats most characters in the game, especially the top tiers like Zero/Wesker/Wolverine/Magneto etc.

It's going to be a game changer and Phoenix play will shift to two different play styles. You heard it here first.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Also people were all up in arms over JWong using Phoenix on point but I have been saying this since day 1 that Phoenix on point is NOT a losing strategy if your goal is to JUST use Phoenix and not have her transform.

If you ignore a character's biggest strength (and arguably only), that's a losing strategy. There's *no* reason to put her on point. Putting her in 2nd/3rd gives you some time to build meter and forces your opponent to have to tag her in wasting potential damage. Not saying you have to keep her in the wings until you reach 5 bars, but putting her on point is foolish.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ferrio said:
If you ignore a character's biggest strength (and arguably only), that's a losing strategy. There's *no* reason to put her on point. Putting her in 2nd/3rd gives you some time to build meter and forces your opponent to have to tag her in wasting potential damage. Not saying you have to keep her in the wings until you reach 5 bars, but putting her on point is foolish.
Pretty much. If your using Phoenix on point and ignoring her biggest strength and what unique thing she brings to the table.. why are you using her instead of the 30 other better character that have a less chance of being knocked out in one combo? The logic behind that does not make sense.

JeTmAn81

Ferrio said:

Yeah, I don't see why nearly all the positive attributes of running Phoenix on point wouldn't apply equally to running her second or third with the added bonus of Dark Phoenix. I guess it's really a matter of weighing use of hypers vs. use of Dark Phoenix, and in that case it seems to me that DP is the clear winner.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Pretty much. If your using Phoenix on point and ignoring her biggest strength and what unique thing she brings to the table.. why are you using her instead of the 30 other better character that have a less chance of being knocked out in one combo? The logic behind that does not make sense.
I actually think a rushdown Phoenix on point, starting with a 0 second Healing Field would be amazing. Do you build meter during healing field?

Parallax Scroll said:
I just tried this in the corner with Zero/Haggar using Zero's OTG... not hard at all.

s.LMH > Shippuga > S ^ sj.MMHS > Haggar Lariat assist > jump, Sentsuizan H (OTG), Shippuga > S ^ sj.MMHS > Rekkoha

And that's without charging the buster. Thanks to ChrisG for showing that you can juggle with Shippuga like that.

One other thing I noticed about ChrisG's Zero is he would sometimes only let H and f+H only hit once in his ground chains instead of 3 times each. I'm assuming this is to reduce hitstun scaling for his later relaunches.

Edit: Actually the timing on the second Shippuga (the one that juggles them after the Lariat) is a little tricky. Do it too early and the opponent is too high to connect another air combo. Wait too long and you drop the combo.

That's not the problem, Zero can easily extend combos with most assists in the corner. Try doing it mid screen off a buster shot or a throw though.

Ferrio

Banned
JeTmAn81 said:
Yeah, I don't see why nearly all the positive attributes of running Phoenix on point wouldn't apply equally to running her second or third with the added bonus of Dark Phoenix. I guess it's really a matter of weighing use of hypers vs. use of Dark Phoenix, and in that case it seems to me that DP is the clear winner.

Well see if you put her on 2nd/3rd and play her intelligently you could still use supers with the chance of dark pheonix. You can't do that on point... again another reason point is a no no.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My gimmick Phoenix-on-point team is Mags/Hsien-Ko/Phoenix. If Mags touches you he builds 2 bars, then DHCs into Hsien-Ko hyper armor and she DHCs into Phoenix healing field for the DHC trick. Then the rest of the match I just mash on Hsien-Ko assist whenever they get close. Actually works pretty well.

But at the same time, it would probably work better with a character that didn't have 400k HP.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
I actually think a rushdown Phoenix on point, starting with a 0 second Healing Field would be amazing. Do you build meter during healing field?
But why would you even risk that? What use is a Healing Field if when you get popped your done for in one combo?

Why choose Phoenix as a rushdown character over say, Magneto or Wolverine? Your so much more vulnerable, she has no obvious advantages for placement on a point role over any other character.

She's subpar at rushdown, average at damage output, is meter dependent for DP and has subpar health. Doesn't seem like a winning combination for a point character.

Ultimoo said:
That's not the problem, Zero can easily extend combos with most assists in the corner. Try doing it mid screen off a buster shot or a throw though.
What's not the problem?

I tried doing a second OTG and assist to extend that combo further, but hitstun decay is really high by that point, and I can't fit in a third air combo. Yet.

I know I should just be relaunching with the Buster anyway, but I'm seeing how far I can push Zero without it before I train my fingers to keep the buster charged.

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
What's not the problem?

I tried doing a second OTG and assist to extend that combo further, but hitstun decay is really high by that point, and I can't fit in a third air combo. Yet.

I know I should just be relaunching with the Buster anyway, but I'm seeing how far I can push Zero without it before I train my fingers to keep the buster charged.

I'm saying that if your combos work midscreen using a beam assist and Zero OTG, then sweet, but I thought it was good because Chris G was using an OTG to extend his buster and throws mid-screen, and I had never seen it b efore.

But why would you even risk that? What use is a Healing Field if when you get popped your done for in one combo?

Why choose Phoenix as a rushdown character over say, Magneto or Wolverine? Your so much more vulnerable, she has no obvious advantages for placement on a point role over any other character.

She's subpar at rushdown, average at damage output, is meter dependent for DP and has subpar health. Doesn't seem like a winning combination for a point character.

What? If you get caught with Healing Field, it's very hard to kill Phoenix unless you use a level 3 hyper or an x-factor. Tokido has some really good combos with Phoenix so I don't know how advantageous it is to use her, not sure if she builds a lot of meter or does a lot of damage. I'm just saying, it's not completely insane to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom